Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Tx Summer Classic - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Tx Summer Classic

+13
TxHunter
futbolfiend
cowpukesfan
mspan02
Laimport
Hatrick3
hoff1032
Coach97ET
trmntr1
rdg
EastTexasSoccer
soccermom97b
PEEWEE
17 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tx Summer Classic - Page 3 Empty Re: Tx Summer Classic

Post by indyfc 8/13/2012, 2:24 pm

trmntr1 wrote: And now we have a forum bully.....

I think everyone here is under the same basic understanding about what I meant.... Except for you...

I believe you are right that everyone is in agreement with what you meant because they think like you do. I don't think like you and the rest of your followers, but frankly I don't care.

I stand by my thinking that if you are talking about any kid you are an idiot. This includes any parent on my bbs team. If I hear this from my bbs team parents I ask them to please not do it. If they continue I move away from them. My spouse and I do not have those conversations.

If I for any reason have someone on our side from the other team I engage them in conversation as soon as possible to break the tension. If I hear them say something negative I ask them to please not say anything as to not incite the others on our team. If they continue I do ask a field marshall to stay close and help manage the situation.

My point is that your way of thinking would be right only if there weren't any other solutions. You just seem to think it's ok because, "everyone does it". Sorry to say, but not so...

Oh and btw, if your bb is any good, chances are that your bb could be playing with players from the other teams down the road and you could be finding yourself right next to a parent whose bb you've talked about behind their back. If your bb isn't good enought to be in that position, then you should really shut the hell up.

indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/13/2012, 2:28 pm

'indyfc', sorry sir but you are coming across over the top with the whole "etiquette police" mentality.

Now you are telling everyone to "shut the hell up". That's inciting anger.

Shouldn't you follow your own advice?

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by trmntr1 8/13/2012, 2:32 pm

indyfc wrote:

I think everyone here is under the same basic understanding about what I meant.... Except for you...

I believe you are right that everyone is in agreement with what you meant because they think like you do. I don't think like you and the rest of your followers, but frankly I don't care.

I stand by my thinking that if you are talking about any kid you are an idiot. This includes any parent on my bbs team. If I hear this from my bbs team parents I ask them to please not do it. If they continue I move away from them. My spouse and I do not have those conversations.

If I for any reason have someone on our side from the other team I engage them in conversation as soon as possible to break the tension. If I hear them say something negative I ask them to please not say anything as to not incite the others on our team. If they continue I do ask a field marshall to stay close and help manage the situation.

My point is that your way of thinking would be right only if there weren't any other solutions. You just seem to think it's ok because, "everyone does it". Sorry to say, but not so...

Oh and btw, if your bb is any good, chances are that your bb could be playing with players from the other teams down the road and you could be finding yourself right next to a parent whose bb you've talked about behind their back. If your bb isn't good enought to be in that position, then you should really shut the hell up.

Show me where in my post it says that I personally talk about opposing players.... I said it is our right to say what we want amongst ourselves.... I never said I engage in such talk....... Go back and check out some of my post over the years... you will see that I try my best to stay on the politically correct side of things....
trmntr1
trmntr1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 8/13/2012, 2:33 pm

my2cents wrote:
indyfc wrote:
trmntr1 wrote: Congrats to ETX P.... I wish I could have gone to seen one of their games... Looks like they are the real deal....

IMO Parents should always stay in their side.... Yes even the goalie's parents..... It just keeps the attention on the game and not on the sideline.... And it's proper field etiquette..... It's just a matter of privacy... Parents will always say something about the other team that you will not like if you hear it. But it is our right to share our opinions amongst ourselves.... If your on the opposing team and on our side and you hear something about one of your players that you do not like, then it is not our fault. It is yours for being on the wrong side....

We are watching a sporting event... It is our right to share comments amongst ourselves.... Right or wrong it happens and it is part of the game.... I've heard some bad stuff about my bb from the other parents before.... It's no big deal.... Usually it just means that he's causing fits to the other team.....

Are you guys kidding me??? It is our right to share comments??? You don't have that right to talk about any youth player. If you think you do, check the NTX and your club's code of conduct. You guys who talk about your own players and other players on other teams are nothing but idiots. You shouldn't say a damn thing about any player or team while you are on the field. If you don't believe me ask your coach or director of coaching.

If you are man/woman enough to talk about any youth, you should be man/woman enough to say it to that players parents. If not, then shut the hell up!

Unlike you thinking you have the right to say whatever you want, everyone does have the right to sit or stand wherever they want. If they follow their code of conduct, you shouldn't worry about it.

It is surprising to see these types of comments from parents at this age group. If you really think this way you should grow up.

The rules of this and most tournaments state Both teams will occupy the same side of the field. Parents and un-rostered visitors will occupy the opposing side from the teams. Opposing is generally interpreted to mean opposite your own team. Shocked You have got to be kidding me. No one is supposed to comment on play.WOW! Really? You don't say geeze that cleats up tackle was dirty, or wow he just trucked him. You are over the top here but mum on the sidelines. Uh-huh Cool

Talking about game play and a specific player are two different things.....

If you want to be the annoying narrorator of the game be my guest.

If you want to be the annoying parent who thinks all refs are idiots and you the all knowing soccer expert has to point out what really happened to your little Johnny be my guest.

Your only job as a parent during a game is to cheer or encourage you bb on! Nothing else is required to come out of your mouth out loud.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 8/13/2012, 2:39 pm

trmntr1 wrote:
indyfc wrote:

Show me where in my post it says that I personally talk about opposing players.... I said it is our right to say what we want amongst ourselves.... I never said I engage in such talk....... Go back and check out some of my post over the years... you will see that I try my best to stay on the politically correct side of things....

Ok if I misinterpreted that piece I apologize. I don't want to put words in your mouth.

I may have also gone over the top as you've stated. Having said that, why can't parents just go to a game and reserve their words to just cheers and encouragement? Isn't that the only thing you as a parent should be focused on?

Do you hav to narrate the game for everyone? Do you have to make every call for the ref? Do you have to coach from the sideline?

In order to avoid conflict, wouldn't this be the simple way to avoid it? I have seen this work.... Coach and TM explains to everyone that the only thing he wants to hear from the sideline is cheering and encouraging. If parents follow that simple request, what issues can come from it? Who will care who sits next to who? Wouldn't you say that is the right way to do it?
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 8/13/2012, 2:44 pm

Laimport wrote:'indyfc', sorry sir but you are coming across over the top with the whole "etiquette police" mentality.

Now you are telling everyone to "shut the hell up". That's inciting anger.

Shouldn't you follow your own advice?

Noted, way over the top, my bad.... I just hate to hear ignorant parents talking about any kids. This is what I have seen as the main reason why altercations take place on the sidelines.

BTW I agree with your last comments.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/13/2012, 3:15 pm

No problem. Maybe I just misinterpreted.

After all, we know what the right thing to do is.

Unfortunately it doesn't always end up that way.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by trmntr1 8/13/2012, 3:16 pm

In the end this is why parents should stay on their side.... This has always been an unwritten rule that many ignore to follow.... And most altercations are started by someone overhearing what was said on the other side.... Sidelines are like vegas... What happens there stays there....

I'm not condoning the behavior, but it does happen and will always continue to happen.... We should not take it so personally.... Is it wrong? Yes, is it true? Maybe...lol.... just kidding... I'm sure everyone gets my point.....
trmntr1
trmntr1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 8/13/2012, 3:22 pm

trmntr1 wrote: In the end this is why parents should stay on their side.... This has always been an unwritten rule that many ignore to follow.... And most altercations are started by someone overhearing what was said on the other side.... Sidelines are like vegas... What happens there stays there....

I'm not condoning the behavior, but it does happen and will always continue to happen.... We should not take it so personally.... Is it wrong? Yes, is it true? Maybe...lol.... just kidding... I'm sure everyone gets my point.....

I know I get your point now! Laughing
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/13/2012, 3:45 pm

indyfc wrote:
my2cents wrote:
indyfc wrote:
trmntr1 wrote: Congrats to ETX P.... I wish I could have gone to seen one of their games... Looks like they are the real deal....

IMO Parents should always stay in their side.... Yes even the goalie's parents..... It just keeps the attention on the game and not on the sideline.... And it's proper field etiquette..... It's just a matter of privacy... Parents will always say something about the other team that you will not like if you hear it. But it is our right to share our opinions amongst ourselves.... If your on the opposing team and on our side and you hear something about one of your players that you do not like, then it is not our fault. It is yours for being on the wrong side....

We are watching a sporting event... It is our right to share comments amongst ourselves.... Right or wrong it happens and it is part of the game.... I've heard some bad stuff about my bb from the other parents before.... It's no big deal.... Usually it just means that he's causing fits to the other team.....

Are you guys kidding me??? It is our right to share comments??? You don't have that right to talk about any youth player. If you think you do, check the NTX and your club's code of conduct. You guys who talk about your own players and other players on other teams are nothing but idiots. You shouldn't say a damn thing about any player or team while you are on the field. If you don't believe me ask your coach or director of coaching.

If you are man/woman enough to talk about any youth, you should be man/woman enough to say it to that players parents. If not, then shut the hell up!

Unlike you thinking you have the right to say whatever you want, everyone does have the right to sit or stand wherever they want. If they follow their code of conduct, you shouldn't worry about it.

It is surprising to see these types of comments from parents at this age group. If you really think this way you should grow up.

The rules of this and most tournaments state Both teams will occupy the same side of the field. Parents and un-rostered visitors will occupy the opposing side from the teams. Opposing is generally interpreted to mean opposite your own team. Shocked You have got to be kidding me. No one is supposed to comment on play.WOW! Really? You don't say geeze that cleats up tackle was dirty, or wow he just trucked him. You are over the top here but mum on the sidelines. Uh-huh Cool

Talking about game play and a specific player are two different things.....

If you want to be the annoying narrorator of the game be my guest.

If you want to be the annoying parent who thinks all refs are idiots and you the all knowing soccer expert has to point out what really happened to your little Johnny be my guest.

Your only job as a parent during a game is to cheer or encourage you bb on! Nothing else is required to come out of your mouth out loud.

What are you the sideline Nazi. Twisted Evil If I want to sit there and converse with another parent, usually one I have known many years, I will. Your assumption that anyone but the people sitting adjajent to me can hear it is with out basis and wrong. You assumption that I disrespect refs is flat out wrong. Now if you want to be the annoying parent who sits in the middle of a group of parents you don't know and ease drops on their conversation be my guest. Just don't be pissed at me for not following your rules and commenting on your player with anger issues playing dirty and dangerous or finding your little Johnny's green mohawk hilarious. Laughing

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 8/13/2012, 5:02 pm

Anyone have any red hair dye? Laughing Laughing
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down