Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 8 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Premier Supercopa

+54
Duke1695
nontxorcalteam
Seinfeld4
OK Footballer
chl37
newton heath FC
coachdom
PELE_papacito
Ibystander
davito
moveyourfeet
WBSC DC
Bogus
bunited
EAL League Advisor
finish1
Firewater
Rancho4C
CincoB
So Cal Bicycle
PatsDad
ricky jones
donotquestion
SDadX2
Maradona
plantit
Soccer27
crazyd
ProudSoccerParent
TryingMyBest
ThiefCatcher
yellowboots
GMO
HatTrick10
hghaleb
go99
TheRealSantaClaus
omega striker
AlbionDad
skillzski
U90C
Number13
my2cents
crazeesoccermom
allen04
Nomadsjm
Soccerinsanity
Sprint
odie1993
mtodd
sukiakiman
4theluvofthegame
jessesalas79
mcgill
58 posters

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 8 Empty Re: Dallas Premier Supercopa

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/3/2013, 12:58 pm

Being from So Cal I was wondering how you would rank the North and South Texas teams? Is there a favorite or are they all on the same level?

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/3/2013, 1:08 pm

So Cal Bicycle wrote:Being from So Cal I was wondering how you would rank the North and South Texas teams? Is there a favorite or are they all on the same level?
north texas has proven to be far superior thus far bom
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/3/2013, 1:16 pm

Out of the 4 teams from North Texas how would you rate them?

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/3/2013, 1:20 pm

So Cal Bicycle wrote:Out of the 4 teams from North Texas how would you rate them?
the 4 NTX team will be tough depends on the roster they show up with Wink
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Firewater 4/3/2013, 1:25 pm

So Cal Bicycle wrote:Out of the 4 teams from North Texas how would you rate them?

Paging 4tlotg Laughing
Firewater
Firewater
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 4/3/2013, 2:06 pm

omega striker wrote:

I think you nailed it Omega. I am assuming these teams will either use guest players or there will be some player changes after the Spring season that will help most of these teams.

I am guessing that Solar Red, Texans Pomykal and Solar Farley will field very strong rosters for this tournament. Odyssey will have a strong team but not as strong as the other three.
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AlbionDad 4/3/2013, 4:55 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:
omega striker wrote:

I think you nailed it Omega. I am assuming these teams will either use guest players or there will be some player changes after the Spring season that will help most of these teams.

I am guessing that Solar Red, Texans Pomykal and Solar Farley will field very strong rosters for this tournament. Odyssey will have a strong team but not as strong as the other three.

Is there typically a lot of turnover from team to team each season or do most teams remain the same in the NTX area? I'm sure that there will be more than one team that guest players in especially for this event.
It should be an interesting tournament for the SoCal teams as the boys usual play with only 8 on the field instead of 9.

AlbionDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 4/3/2013, 5:10 pm

One data point, but here is the distribution of kids on our club in our age group:

0-1 yrs here : 8
1-2 yrs here : 7
2-3 yrs here : 2
3-4 yrs here : 3
> 4 yrs : 1

As you get older the core of kids grows/remains and then you get movement on the fringes. Like with divorce statistics, it seems like there are a lot of "serial movers" out there so every team always has some new kids.

I have not seen anything saying your guest players have to be from here, so we are flying in a couple of Ghanaians with handwritten birth certificates.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AlbionDad 4/3/2013, 5:18 pm

Number13 wrote:One data point, but here is the distribution of kids on our club in our age group:

0-1 yrs here : 8
1-2 yrs here : 7
2-3 yrs here : 2
3-4 yrs here : 3
> 4 yrs : 1

As you get older the core of kids grows/remains and then you get movement on the fringes. Like with divorce statistics, it seems like there are a lot of "serial movers" out there so every team always has some new kids.

I have not seen anything saying your guest players have to be from here, so we are flying in a couple of Ghanaians with handwritten birth certificates.

Thanks for the breakdown. You're getting Ghanaians also? I thought we were the only ones. Laughing

AlbionDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 4/4/2013, 9:45 am

AlbionDad wrote:
4theluvofthegame wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Is there typically a lot of turnover from team to team each season or do most teams remain the same in the NTX area? I'm sure that there will be more than one team that guest players in especially for this event.
It should be an interesting tournament for the SoCal teams as the boys usual play with only 8 on the field instead of 9.

From my experience in 04 soccer the core of the team stays together year over year. As the rosters get bigger due to NTX moving from 7v7 to 9v9 to 11v11 by U10 then teams are looking for players. The top 04 teams seem to pretty much have the same players <80 percent the same> season to season. If the team and coach is really good they will attract more quality players if they arent then they will lose players. Then there are some as #13 mentioned the serial switchers.
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 4/4/2013, 12:41 pm

4TLG is dead on regarding youth soccer in NTX. Which is exactly why we don't do well at the older ages. We have recruiting coaches who seek early bloomers, build super teams, lock them into positions and teach them a style of play that doesn't match up with DA. In the meantime, we don't put enough resources into teaching a broad stroke of players basic touch, skill and movement. I love you
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/9/2013, 5:33 pm

Last summer a Solar Chelsea team came out to California for the NHB Tournament. Was it one of the ones in the Suoercopa? I believe there are several.

http://www.t7sports.com:8080/2005/k160260.htm

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ricky jones 4/9/2013, 5:56 pm

Yes - Solar Chelsea Farley played in that tournament.
ricky jones
ricky jones
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 4/10/2013, 8:31 am

ricky jones wrote:
Yes - Solar Chelsea Farley played in that tournament.

Not a bad showing but nothing to write home about...shall see if past performance is any indication of future success. cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/15/2013, 11:09 am

Looks like there was a little Super Copa Preview.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=24895&GroupID=279881&Gender=Boys&Age=9

Looks like two of the OK teams went against Solar Chelsea in a tournament. Looks like the games were pretty competitive. Any reports?

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ricky jones 4/15/2013, 11:28 am

Very well run tournament.
Great competition in the Gold division.
Tulsa Blitz had a very strong team.
North Texas ended up 6-1 in the tournament.

ricky jones
ricky jones
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 4/16/2013, 11:56 am

SoCal Bicycle and other parents from out of state that are coming to tournament.

Is your BBs team playing in any tournaments this Spring? They playing against other Supercopa teams?

Post links to your tournaments so we can all track results. study
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/16/2013, 12:25 pm

Don't know of any Spring ones that the So Cal teams would be playing but Cosmos played at Surf Thanksgiving.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=22970&GroupID=201538&Gender=Boys&Age=9

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgill 4/16/2013, 1:25 pm

So Cal Bicycle wrote:Don't know of any Spring ones that the So Cal teams would be playing but Cosmos played at Surf Thanksgiving.

http://events.gotsport.com/events/schedule.aspx?EventID=22970&GroupID=201538&Gender=Boys&Age=9

Fall League results for CAS teams (Albion/Nomads) coming to the tourney...

http://presidio.affinitysoccer.com/tour/public/info/schedule_results2.asp?sessionguid=&flightguid={F7381846-9E73-48D0-A0B2-4C04890A5A60}&tournamentguid=C5B8D6D8-7110-4B19-80D7-5EEE98D794BF

mcgill
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 4/16/2013, 1:36 pm

mcgill wrote:
So Cal Bicycle wrote:Don't know of any Spring ones that the So Cal teams would be playing but Cosmos played at Surf Thanksgiving.

http://presidio.affinitysoccer.com/tour/public/info/schedule_results2.asp?sessionguid=&flightguid={F7381846-9E73-48D0-A0B2-4C04890A5A60}&tournamentguid=C5B8D6D8-7110-4B19-80D7-5EEE98D794BF

It looks like Albion has typically gotten the better of Nomads in their matchups but both are top notch. I know Albion also won the California State Cup for the 04 group. It looks like whoever made the invites got the right teams to make this the best tournamet in the Country for the "Future Stars of the GAME." ( A little hyperbole always helps Very Happy ) Supercopa if you borrow that line, I want a commission. Twisted Evil

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mcgill 4/16/2013, 1:40 pm

Sprint wrote:
mcgill wrote:

It looks like Albion has typically gotten the better of Nomads in their matchups but both are top notch. I know Albion also won the California State Cup for the 04 group. It looks like whoever made the invites got the right teams to make this the best tournamet in the Country for the "Future Stars of the GAME." ( A little hyperbole always helps Very Happy ) Supercopa if you borrow that line, I want a commission. Twisted Evil

You better Trademark it or it may end up on their banners and website Very Happy

mcgill
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 8 Empty Adding new teams?

Post by AlbionDad 4/16/2013, 1:53 pm

Does anyone know if the tournament is going to be adding more teams for our division (U9)? The website only has 22 teams listed and it originally had 24 teams (as well as a waiting list).

http://www.gotsport.com/events/teamlist.asp?eventid=29868

AlbionDad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/16/2013, 5:20 pm

[quote="So Cal Bicycle"]Don't know of any Spring ones that the So Cal teams would be playing but Cosmos played at Surf Thanksgiving.

looks like another far west texas team with the TXS designation thats far from the truth once again gosoccer needs to put in place a WTX who seems to a bit better then TXS sunny
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 4/17/2013, 10:09 am

I heard that they may try to seed the teams when making the brackets. I wonder how they will do that?

With 6 groups if 4, I would try to break them into regions of 6 and rank them and split them up from their.

For example put CA and AZ together and rank them 1-6, put the Texas teams 1-6, the east coast/Midwest 1-6, then the Southwest (OK/Neb/etc) and rank 1-6. Depending in who gets added you could adjust the geographical splits but the idea would be the same.

Then spread them out over the 6. That way you could avoid the Top Texas and California teams facing each other in opening rounds.

Thought I would throw that out to see people's thoughts/ideas.

How would you break out the teams? I am working on my bracket and will try to post later.

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by EAL League Advisor 4/17/2013, 10:26 am

So Cal Bicycle wrote:I heard that they may try to seed the teams when making the brackets. I wonder how they will do that?

With 6 groups if 4, I would try to break them into regions of 6 and rank them and split them up from their.

For example put CA and AZ together and rank them 1-6, put the Texas teams 1-6, the east coast/Midwest 1-6, then the Southwest (OK/Neb/etc) and rank 1-6. Depending in who gets added you could adjust the geographical splits but the idea would be the same.

Then spread them out over the 6. That way you could avoid the Top Texas and California teams facing each other in opening rounds.

How would you break out the teams? I am working on my bracket and will try to post later.

Which team does your BB play for? Will you be putting his team first. As a person that has created a lot of seeding and tournaments over the years this tournament will have their hands full trying to get the seeds right.

I bet teams will be bringing many guest players and then you dont have many common opponents so results will be difficult use to help with seeding.

EAL League Advisor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 4/17/2013, 10:30 am

So Cal Bicycle wrote:I heard that they may try to seed the teams when making the brackets. I wonder how they will do that?

Not sure how I would break down the seedings as the thought of trying to do that give me tired head, but I like the idea of teams from Texas not playing each other in earlier rounds the same for teams from California, Arizona etc. The lure of this tournament is getting to play teams from across the Country that we do not see everyday.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 18 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next