Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 5 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Premier Supercopa

+54
Duke1695
nontxorcalteam
Seinfeld4
OK Footballer
chl37
newton heath FC
coachdom
PELE_papacito
Ibystander
davito
moveyourfeet
WBSC DC
Bogus
bunited
EAL League Advisor
finish1
Firewater
Rancho4C
CincoB
So Cal Bicycle
PatsDad
ricky jones
donotquestion
SDadX2
Maradona
plantit
Soccer27
crazyd
ProudSoccerParent
TryingMyBest
ThiefCatcher
yellowboots
GMO
HatTrick10
hghaleb
go99
TheRealSantaClaus
omega striker
AlbionDad
skillzski
U90C
Number13
my2cents
crazeesoccermom
allen04
Nomadsjm
Soccerinsanity
Sprint
odie1993
mtodd
sukiakiman
4theluvofthegame
jessesalas79
mcgill
58 posters

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next

Go down

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 5 Empty Re: Dallas Premier Supercopa

Post by plantit 3/29/2013, 12:18 am

4theluvofthegame wrote:
4theluvofthegame wrote:I was looking at the results so far for Dallas Cup and it got me thinking about Supercopa. Looking at the U13, U14, and U15 brackets I see that ZERO north Texas teams it to the semis. In fact 0 teams from Texas made it to the semis.

The semis for those age groups are dominated by Southern California teams. Of the 12 teams in the semifinals 7 of them are from southern California, 3 from Mexico, 1 from Florida and 1 from Illinois.

I'm wondering if this southern California domination will hold true in Supercopa or if u9 and u10 north Texas teams will show to be on par or better. The hope of north Texas rests with 8 teams in supercopa (U9 - Solar Red, Texans Pomykal, Solar Chelsea Farley, and Odyssey. U10 Solar Chelsea Castro, Odyssey, FC Dallas Premier, Texans Thornber).

Anyone care to speculate how North Texas teams will do in Supercopa? scratch

The unofficial countdown sits at 69 days, 20 hours, 21 minutes and 37 seconds.

So does anyone think ntx teams have a better chance at this age group? Has the gap closed in the past 3 to 5 years between ntx and cal south teams or will cal south dominate like they are doing in the younger brackets of Dallas Cup?

Simple answer NO ! Calli will dominate due to player pool. After that the world teams will dominate due to the fact that they don't give a " Rats ass " about winning at the younger ages therefore they develope technical players with great fundementals. We have no one to blame but our " trophy chasin" " play for the top team " Money for wins, parents, coaches , and clubs . Face it our kids sorley lack sound soccer fundementals . Just go look at the u 13- 16 players . most will pass a ball in the genaral vacinity of a teamate with the same pace regarless if it's a (10 yard feathered through a gap) or a 40yard switch. It's the same ball to most kids. Hate to burst ye Old bubble of the dribbilitos . But on the worlds stage you better be able to pass the friggin ball.

plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyd 3/29/2013, 11:39 am

Hi People, just wondering does anybody no when they are posting the schedule for the copa,also my team is flying out from Philly on thurs we might be looking for a scrimmage later on thurs nite if you no any teams that might be interested

crazyd
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 3/29/2013, 12:13 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:
4theluvofthegame wrote:I was looking at the results so far for Dallas Cup and it got me thinking about Supercopa. Looking at the U13, U14, and U15 brackets I see that ZERO north Texas teams it to the semis. In fact 0 teams from Texas made it to the semis.

The semis for those age groups are dominated by Southern California teams. Of the 12 teams in the semifinals 7 of them are from southern California, 3 from Mexico, 1 from Florida and 1 from Illinois.

I'm wondering if this southern California domination will hold true in Supercopa or if u9 and u10 north Texas teams will show to be on par or better. The hope of north Texas rests with 8 teams in supercopa (U9 - Solar Red, Texans Pomykal, Solar Chelsea Farley, and Odyssey. U10 Solar Chelsea Castro, Odyssey, FC Dallas Premier, Texans Thornber).

So does anyone think ntx teams have a better chance at this age group? Has the gap closed in the past 3 to 5 years between ntx and cal south teams or will cal south dominate like they are doing in the younger brackets of Dallas Cup?

I guess one of my questions is have any North Texas teams this young ever played against teams from California, Florida etc? IF so, what were the results then? I have heard from parents that traveled to Arizona to play in a Ulittle tournament before and they said the competition was not on par with NTX. Additionally, I know a few folks that have moved out of NTX to other areas and they all seem to agree the competition in NTX is much better. (Understand competition is not the same as developing players as the young ages)

I have seen individaul players at the 3v3 in Florida from all over the other states, and on an individual skills basis, the Texas kids were on par with other states.

I think this will be like any other tournament, but with a high level of competition overall. IF a team is willing to travel at this age, I would expect they are pretty good. In terms of style of play, there is no idea, not having seen any of them play. The theory from many on this board is that Cali teams play better possesion soccer and know how to develop players better. It will be interesting to see if they really play different than NTX teams or are basically the same as us at this age.

I hope this turns into an anual thing for these age groups and over the years we can compare how the kids at U9, U10 now compare with the kids from CALI at U14 and U15 when they get there. The trend may continue that NTX teams don't compete at the older levels, but hopefully not.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 3/29/2013, 12:22 pm

plantit wrote:

Simple answer NO ! Calli will dominate due to player pool. After that the world teams will dominate due to the fact that they don't give a " Rats ass " about winning at the younger ages therefore they develope technical players with great fundementals. We have no one to blame but our " trophy chasin" " play for the top team " Money for wins, parents, coaches , and clubs . Face it our kids sorley lack sound soccer fundementals . Just go look at the u 13- 16 players . most will pass a ball in the genaral vacinity of a teamate with the same pace regarless if it's a (10 yard feathered through a gap) or a 40yard switch. It's the same ball to most kids. Hate to burst ye Old bubble of the dribbilitos . But on the worlds stage you better be able to pass the friggin ball.

Hank Moody, i think you may be talking Dallas Cup and not this tiny tot tourney. Not that it indicates much about development, but in a U9 tourney the teams that don't give a Rodents Ass about winning at U9 are probably going to...y'know...not win. Not that any "world" teams are coming to this. Also, kudos, that is some craaaaaazy ass spelling.

Have no insight into how regional US teams will do here. At this age, one would assume the thing that most likely correlates to success is how well any one entity has consolidated the talent in their respective area.

And as long as we are discussing Bruce Wayne and Peter Parker, do you ever see 4tLG and a certain coach in the same room together?

Cheers
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 3/29/2013, 1:09 pm

Sprint wrote:
4theluvofthegame wrote:

I guess one of my questions is have any North Texas teams this young ever played against teams from California, Florida etc? IF so, what were the results then? I have heard from parents that traveled to Arizona to play in a Ulittle tournament before and they said the competition was not on par with NTX. Additionally, I know a few folks that have moved out of NTX to other areas and they all seem to agree the competition in NTX is much better. (Understand competition is not the same as developing players as the young ages)

I have seen individaul players at the 3v3 in Florida from all over the other states, and on an individual skills basis, the Texas kids were on par with other states.

I think this will be like any other tournament, but with a high level of competition overall. IF a team is willing to travel at this age, I would expect they are pretty good. In terms of style of play, there is no idea, not having seen any of them play. The theory from many on this board is that Cali teams play better possesion soccer and know how to develop players better. It will be interesting to see if they really play different than NTX teams or are basically the same as us at this age.

I hope this turns into an anual thing for these age groups and over the years we can compare how the kids at U9, U10 now compare with the kids from CALI at U14 and U15 when they get there. The trend may continue that NTX teams don't compete at the older levels, but hopefully not.

I think a couple teams have played some teams outside the state. Ricky Jones? BUnited? any 03 posters with kids on the teams invited to this tournament?

Number13 I'm not getten your Batman reference I dont like action movies. Can you be more specific on what you are talking about.
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 3/29/2013, 1:29 pm

[quote="Number13"]
plantit wrote:

And as long as we are discussing Bruce Wayne and Peter Parker, do you ever see 4tLG and a certain coach in the same room together?

Cheers

Hold the phone Batman!! Are you suggesting 4TLUV could look in the mirror see an '04 Coach staring back at him?

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 3/29/2013, 1:33 pm

4tLG: You are the local 04 superhero, all knowing and a bit ambiguous as to your identity. Its Friday, I ain't got no job, can't I just hang out with my buddy Smokey and speculate that you are really Jurgen Klinsmann in disguise come to scout our beautiful unique snowflakes? Very Happy

We've played kids from elsewhere. This has been AZ/NM kids and Disney (Eastern US) 3v3 kids. Generally speaking, I'd say we were not outclassed by them. Its quite possible that "we" is not a representative sample of NTX or "they" is not a representative sample of elsewhere.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 3/29/2013, 1:36 pm

Number13 wrote:4tLG: You are the local 04 superhero, all knowing and a bit ambiguous as to your identity. Its Friday, I ain't got no job, can't I just hang out with my buddy Smokey and speculate that you are really Jurgen Klinsmann in disguise come to scout our beautiful unique snowflakes? Very Happy

We've played kids from elsewhere. This has been AZ/NM kids and Disney (Eastern US) 3v3 kids. Generally speaking, I'd say we were not outclassed by them. Its quite possible that "we" is not a representative sample of NTX or "they" is not a representative sample of elsewhere.

Oh my God! yur flattery is making me blush. The cute German coach does make my heart skip a beat.
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 3/29/2013, 1:38 pm

I think I'm actually the villian not a superhero. Ask Bunited Suspect
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 3/29/2013, 1:42 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:
Number13 wrote:4tLG: You are the local 04 superhero, all knowing and a bit ambiguous as to your identity. Its Friday, I ain't got no job, can't I just hang out with my buddy Smokey and speculate that you are really Jurgen Klinsmann in disguise come to scout our beautiful unique snowflakes? Very Happy

Oh my God! yur flattery is making me blush. The cute German coach does make my heart skip a beat.

Is Farley German? drunken

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 3/29/2013, 1:51 pm

Maradona wrote:
4theluvofthegame wrote:

Is Farley German? drunken

Not the German I was talking about sweetie Embarassed Do I like that German too? yes I admit my fondness for him, but also admit my fondness for Pomykal, Oglesby, and Axon in the 04 group. Also really like Thornber's cute accent.

I love that you boys like to speculate about who I am who my BB plays for what my bra size is (suki that's for you)on other things you think about me. Just keep it coming I love the attention Very Happy
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 3/29/2013, 2:16 pm

[quote="4theluvofthegame [/quote]

Not the German I was talking about sweetie Embarassed Do I like that German too? yes I admit my fondness for him, but also admit my fondness for Pomykal, Oglesby, and Axon in the 04 group. Also really like Thornber's cute accent.

I love that you boys like to speculate about who I am who my BB plays for what my bra size is (suki that's for you)on other things you think about me. Just keep it coming I love the attention Very Happy [/quote]

Since I think we are playing guess the identity of that poster. This latest post is confusing. I'm curious to know how you have a fondness for Oglesby? I don't believe we (Solar Oglesby) have played any team your BB has been rumored to have an association. However, I'm sure Coach O will blush to hear there is an admirer out there. He likely won't be thrilled he's just 1 man in a 5 man race:cheers:

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 3/29/2013, 2:21 pm

SDadX2 wrote:[quote="4theluvofthegame

I love that you boys like to speculate about who I am who my BB plays for what my bra size is (suki that's for you)on other things you think about me. Just keep it coming I love the attention Very Happy [/quote]

Since I think we are playing guess the identity of that poster. This latest post is confusing. I'm curious to know how you have a fondness for Oglesby? I don't believe we (Solar Oglesby) have played any team your BB has been rumored to have an association. However, I'm sure Coach O will blush to hear there is an admirer out there. He likely won't be thrilled he's just 1 man in a 5 man race:cheers: [/quote]

But we did play your #1 team before in a primetime tournament last year. I guess it wasnt memorable for you Crying or Very sad
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 3/29/2013, 2:26 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:[quote="4theluvofthegame

I love that you boys like to speculate about who I am who my BB plays for what my bra size is (suki that's for you)on other things you think about me. Just keep it coming I love the attention Very Happy

Since I think we are playing guess the identity of that poster. This latest post is confusing. I'm curious to know how you have a fondness for Oglesby? I don't believe we (Solar Oglesby) have played any team your BB has been rumored to have an association. However, I'm sure Coach O will blush to hear there is an admirer out there. He likely won't be thrilled he's just 1 man in a 5 man race:cheers: [/quote]

But we did play your #1 team before in a primetime tournament last year. I guess it wasnt memorable for you Crying or Very sad [/quote]

Didn't mean to offend. Now I'm really confused, which team was that? You should have come up and introduced yourself. Laughing

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 3/29/2013, 2:31 pm

I dont make it a point to wear a sign on my chest that I am a poster on the forum and I also dont see your signs on your chests.

There are plenty of posters that know who I am and I am friends with.

Maybe we will be friends in the future I love you Until then I do enjoy our pm's and thankful for your to send me scores
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 3/29/2013, 2:44 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:I dont make it a point to wear a sign on my chest that I am a poster on the forum and I also dont see your signs on your chests.

Maybe we will be friends in the future I love you Until then I do enjoy our pm's and thankful for your to send me scores

O.K., but I wasn't asking you to tell me who you are. I asked to which team you were referring?

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellowboots 3/29/2013, 2:45 pm

SDadX2 wrote:
4theluvofthegame wrote:I dont make it a point to wear a sign on my chest that I am a poster on the forum and I also dont see your signs on your chests.

O.K., but I wasn't asking you to tell me who you are. I asked to which team you were referring?

You don't remember playing Farley's team in the Aces tourney?

yellowboots
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 3/29/2013, 2:49 pm

yellowboots wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:

Well Hello YB. I do remember playing Farley in Aces, but Primetime was the tournament mentioned. Trying to think of the last Primetime tourney we entered in '04.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by donotquestion 3/29/2013, 3:08 pm

SDadX2 wrote:
yellowboots wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:

Well Hello YB. I do remember playing Farley in Aces, but Primetime was the tournament mentioned. Trying to think of the last Primetime tourney we entered in '04.

Nope not even close.....

donotquestion
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ricky jones 3/29/2013, 3:10 pm

I figured out the 4theloveofthegame mystery - trust me you won't figure it out.
I will tell you who she is for $20,000 - I have to give her half of the money.
ricky jones
ricky jones
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 3/29/2013, 3:11 pm

quote]

Well Hello YB. I do remember playing Farley in Aces, but Primetime was the tournament mentioned. Trying to think of the last Primetime tourney we entered in '04.[/quote]

Nope not even close.....[/quote]

scratch Not even close on what? The tournaments Solar Red entered?

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by donotquestion 3/29/2013, 3:16 pm

SDadX2 wrote:quote]

Nope not even close.....[/quote]

scratch Not even close on what? The tournaments Solar Red entered?[/quote]

the team mentioned -- Farley --- trying to figure out 4tlg
bb team -- it is not Farley

donotquestion
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 3/29/2013, 3:23 pm

donotquestion wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:quote]

Nope not even close.....

scratch Not even close on what? The tournaments Solar Red entered?[/quote]

the team mentioned -- Farley --- trying to figure out 4tlg
bb team -- it is not Farley[/quote]

Well I didn't say that, but 4TLUV has said in the past his BB plays for Bandits. A few posts ago he said Solar Red played his BB in a Primetime in the last year. I can tell you Solar Red has not played Bandits. So which is it, 4TLUV's BB plays for Bandits, in which case the above post is incorrect, or 4TLUV has no kid on Bandits? You seem to know which is correct.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 3/29/2013, 3:25 pm

Are you really on Solar Red? Cause if you were you would remember Bandits playing Solar Red in primetime and your team winning 6 to 0 Exclamation
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 3/29/2013, 3:41 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:Are you really on Solar Red? Cause if you were you would remember Bandits playing Solar Red in primetime and your team winning 6 to 0 Exclamation

Uh Oh!! I'm not on Solar Red pale That must explain why their parents look at me like I'm some sort of stalker. Which Primetime tournament? Come to think of it. I did miss some games in the Thanksgiving 2011 tournament attending a funeral.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by donotquestion 3/29/2013, 3:46 pm

[Well I didn't say that, but 4TLUV has said in the past his BB plays for Bandits. A few posts ago he said Solar Red played his BB in a Primetime in the last year. I can tell you Solar Red has not played Bandits. So which is it, 4TLUV's BB plays for Bandits, in which case the above post is incorrect, or 4TLUV has no kid on Bandits? You seem to know which is correct. [/quote]

I am not sure if his kid is on the Bandits anymore or not.
but I think he was thinking about the 2011 Thanksgiving
Primetime tourny..but I know he is not on Farley's team.

donotquestion
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 18  Next