Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 14 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dallas Premier Supercopa

+54
Duke1695
nontxorcalteam
Seinfeld4
OK Footballer
chl37
newton heath FC
coachdom
PELE_papacito
Ibystander
davito
moveyourfeet
WBSC DC
Bogus
bunited
EAL League Advisor
finish1
Firewater
Rancho4C
CincoB
So Cal Bicycle
PatsDad
ricky jones
donotquestion
SDadX2
Maradona
plantit
Soccer27
crazyd
ProudSoccerParent
TryingMyBest
ThiefCatcher
yellowboots
GMO
HatTrick10
hghaleb
go99
TheRealSantaClaus
omega striker
AlbionDad
skillzski
U90C
Number13
my2cents
crazeesoccermom
allen04
Nomadsjm
Soccerinsanity
Sprint
odie1993
mtodd
sukiakiman
4theluvofthegame
jessesalas79
mcgill
58 posters

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Go down

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 14 Empty Re: Dallas Premier Supercopa

Post by Nomadsjm 5/28/2013, 1:32 am

chl37 wrote:Gave up 6 goals. Made 6. Looks even. No luck there
I will. Thapost the video of the game soon . Its that kind of goal that were not clean you know they had two of them ..even when the guy from the tournament said. I know you guys lost in pk but your team and the way you play that is the right way ..he said that in front of both teams . I think he was say we were the better team ..!

Nomadsjm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 14 Empty I will say it. Most of these California teams are overrated

Post by OK Footballer 5/28/2013, 10:17 am

Looking at this tournament everyone is raving about the California teams. Looking at them the Pats MV looks like a lower Tier team even with adding players from the other squad. United Gold couldn't get out of bracket play in CA tournament a couple weeks ago. Then you have the Nomads coach talking like he is going win this thing going away when looking at his team and posts seems that HE HAS NOT WON ANYTHING SINCE LABOR DAY 2012!!!!! Sad

Imagine how cocky he would be if he had won ANYTHING since Obama's first term!!! You're claim is that you beat this Albion team 9 months ago?? That is the best you got. jocolor

We have a saying in Oklahoma and Texas. All Hat and No Cattle!

You talk the talk but other than a bunch of semifinals and finalist in the past 9 months. You haven't done anything! When you said that you would play all the games like a Final. I would not recommend that as it looks like you don't do well in those!

If this Albion team barely got by you and you were the "better" team then we can't wait to get hold of em! They are probably overrated too! Hope you boys like the heat because you soft Californians are in for a rude awakening when you hit 90+ degrees with 90% humidity! Twisted Evil

OK Footballer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 5/28/2013, 10:22 am

OK Footballer wrote:Looking at this tournament everyone is raving about the California teams. Looking at them the Pats MV looks like a lower Tier team even with adding players from the other squad. United Gold couldn't get out of bracket play in CA tournament a couple weeks ago. Then you have the Nomads coach talking like he is going win this thing going away when looking at his team and posts seems that HE HAS NOT WON ANYTHING SINCE LABOR DAY 2012!!!!! Sad

Imagine how cocky he would be if he had won ANYTHING since Obama's first term!!! You're claim is that you beat this Albion team 9 months ago?? That is the best you got. jocolor

You talk the talk but other than a bunch of semifinals and finalist in the past 9 months. You haven't done anything! When you said that you would play all the games like a Final. I would not recommend that as it looks like you don't do well in those!

If this Albion team barely got by you and you were the "better" team then we can't wait to get hold of em! They are probably overrated too! Hope you boys like the heat because you soft Californians are in for a rude awakening when you hit 90+ degrees with 90% humidity! Twisted Evil

My favorite post was when he extolled the greatness of the team and slid in there that they finished 4th in their league. Laughing

As for how this tournament will go, I don't think anyone can say with any degree of accuracy what will happen and that makes it more interesting for us overzealous parents. I can find very few common teams in the west coast teams, Texas teams etc so who knows.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Seinfeld4 5/28/2013, 10:42 am

And. I will tell you what in Dallas will play them in semi or in the final ..! Will be the best team's there now you can say I'm talking..!!![/quote]

So, will you be back to apologize for talking trash if your team does not make it to the semifinals or finals like you predict? Or will the other teams just have gotten lucky?

Seems like you are disrespecting a lot of other teams. Confidence is one thing, arrogance is another.

BTW, I enjoy your writing style.......
Seinfeld4
Seinfeld4
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by newton heath FC 5/28/2013, 11:18 am

Seinfeld4 wrote:And. I will tell you what in Dallas will play them in semi or in the final ..! Will be the best team's there now you can say I'm talking..!!!

So, will you be back to apologize for talking trash if your team does not make it to the semifinals or finals like you predict? Or will the other teams just have gotten lucky?

Seems like you are disrespecting a lot of other teams. Confidence is one thing, arrogance is another.

BTW, I enjoy your writing style....... [/quote]

Where is "Grammar Time" when you need him!!

newton heath FC
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 5/28/2013, 12:55 pm

Sprint wrote:
OK Footballer wrote:Looking at this tournament everyone is raving about the California teams. Looking at them the Pats MV looks like a lower Tier team even with adding players from the other squad. United Gold couldn't get out of bracket play in CA tournament a couple weeks ago. Then you have the Nomads coach talking like he is going win this thing going away when looking at his team and posts seems that HE HAS NOT WON ANYTHING SINCE LABOR DAY 2012!!!!! Sad

My favorite post was when he extolled the greatness of the team and slid in there that they finished 4th in their league. Laughing

As for how this tournament will go, I don't think anyone can say with any degree of accuracy what will happen and that makes it more interesting for us overzealous parents. I can find very few common teams in the west coast teams, Texas teams etc so who knows.

4TLOTG can.....that being said....this past weekends's predictions were completely off... cheers

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Nomadsjm 5/28/2013, 1:34 pm

Look this will be it I won't. Say anything els on this . But if my team dose not make it as far as I think we should than I will come back here and man up and apologize. Just so that you know we did win in Mach the Nomads CoachShowcase thournament . We also won our Socal development spring league . You are right about some of the over rate of team's. But will leave it at that. Look this is for fun think some of you mom & dad. Take this to the hart . So as a Coach I will stop let you guys come see us play . I will let our play win you guy's over .. my team only lost a total of 6 games over the past 14months . Some time's its not about win & loss. Its about getting kids to love soccer and there development. I can tell you that most Ref's tell me they love the way my team's plays . I do coach more than one team . But if you do go out there and like what you see from my team than come and post it here. Thanks sorry if I hurt some one's feelings . .. see you in 2 weeks .

Nomadsjm
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 5/28/2013, 1:57 pm

chl37 wrote:Gave up 6 goals. Made 6. Looks even. No luck there

It looks like neither team can play defense. 6 goals given up in a final?
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 5/28/2013, 2:39 pm

I stopped by those fields and they were a joke. I heard they were 55x35 less than half of the field size in Dallas (of course things are bigger in Texas). So it was basically an indoor field without the walls. A lot of the kickoffs were shots on goal! I wouldn't take too much from the high scores as far as defense is concerned.

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 5/28/2013, 2:47 pm

It was humor... geek
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by nontxorcalteam 5/28/2013, 4:21 pm

A couple of pre-tournament questions/comments from a non-CA/TX parent:

1) I want to make sure we're properly hydrated. Is it safe to assume that temperatures will be 5-10 degrees higher in Dallas from all the hot air emitting from CA/TX parents and coaches?

2) As a follow up to the first question, will we be allowed to breath the same air as CA/TX parents and coaches while their kids wipe the floor with our unworthy non-CA/TX kids?

3) I think this goes without saying, but can we expect more of the same clownish behavior we see from most top TX clubs' parents/coaches/players at other tournaments?

4) Do you all realize that these are 8 and 9 year old kids?

nontxorcalteam
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PELE_papacito 5/28/2013, 4:42 pm

nontxorcalteam wrote:A couple of pre-tournament questions/comments from a non-CA/TX parent:

1) I want to make sure we're properly hydrated. Is it safe to assume that temperatures will be 5-10 degrees higher in Dallas from all the hot air emitting from CA/TX parents and coaches?

2) As a follow up to the first question, will we be allowed to breath the same air as CA/TX parents and coaches while their kids wipe the floor with our unworthy non-CA/TX kids?

3) I think this goes without saying, but can we expect more of the same clownish behavior we see from most top TX clubs' parents/coaches/players at other tournaments?

4) Do you all realize that these are 8 and 9 year old kids?

Boom. Roasted.

PELE_papacito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by skillzski 5/28/2013, 5:47 pm

And the turf is usually 15 degrees hotter than the ambient temperature so it does get a little toasty. Bring tents as there is not much shade out there. cherry
skillzski
skillzski
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 5/30/2013, 11:00 am

I have been staying up late for the past week doing all the homework I can on these teams to try and determine my predictions bounce bounce bounce drunken

Here are my predictions for this tournament for 04

Toughest bracket Bracket C
Easiest bracket Bracket F

Official Playoff participants
Albion {will win Group A}
Solar Red {will win Group B}
Nomads {will win Group C}
Pateadores {will win Group D}
UFC Gold {will in Group E}
Fishtown Hotspurs {will in Group F}
Boca Juniors Yellow {wildcard}
Chicago Magic {wildcard}

Semifinals
Albion
Nomads
Solar Red
Fishtown Hotspurs

Finals
Albion over Solar Red
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 5/30/2013, 11:17 am

4theluvofthegame wrote:I have been staying up late for the past week doing all the homework I can on these teams to try and determine my predictions bounce bounce bounce drunken

Here are my predictions for this tournament for 04

Toughest bracket Bracket C
Easiest bracket Bracket F

Official Playoff participants
Albion {will win Group A}
Solar Red {will win Group B}
Nomads {will win Group C}
Pateadores {will win Group D}
UFC Gold {will in Group E}
Fishtown Hotspurs {will in Group F}
Boca Juniors Yellow {wildcard}
Chicago Magic {wildcard}

Semifinals
Albion
Nomads
Solar Red
Fishtown Hotspurs

Finals
Albion over Solar Red

Based upon the way I am reading the bracket assignments, I am thinking some of these teams will have to play each other in the quarters and semis.

If they win their brackets I think:

Nomads would play Fishtown Hotspur in Quarters so one of them would be knocked out.

Also, Solar Red would play Albion in the Semi-finals if they both make it through the group and Quarterfinals so they could not meet in the finals.

I am assuming the wildcard #1 is bracket A winner and so on when I suggest the above.

If you look at the gotsoccer records of some of these teams they are impressive for sure. Particularly Fishtown Hotspur, Albion and Dynamo Jr.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by So Cal Bicycle 5/30/2013, 12:13 pm

The brackets are confusing. Guessing group winners will be ranked based upon point and then any tiebreakers? Then put into brackets? The next 2 highest point scorers would be the 2 other wildcards?

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 5/30/2013, 12:59 pm

So Cal Bicycle wrote:The brackets are confusing. Guessing group winners will be ranked based upon point and then any tiebreakers? Then put into brackets? The next 2 highest point scorers would be the 2 other wildcards?

Correct. 6 bracket winners based on points, and then the 2 highest point totals from the remainders go into gold division.
I would suggest reading the rules regarding points and tie-breakers as there will most likely be a high number of teams
with a possibility of grabbing those two wildcard spots going into their last pool game. It would be good knowing how
a win, loss, tie would affect your group. Sometimes you will have to win by 3 goals, or not lose by more than 2, or whatever.
It is just good to know the situation going in (especially the coaches).

Next 8 teams will go into Silver, bottom eight go into Bronze bracket play. Play until there are 3 winners.

I like this concept. Nothing worse than going to a tournament, especially out of town and not advancing out of pool play.
It is an awful feeling of wasted money and time. With this, everyone advances and has a chance at redemption of poor
play early on. This guarantees all teams four games. Not bad at all.

moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 5/30/2013, 3:48 pm

People asked me to do a silver and bronze predictions given this tournament is pretty much 3 tournaments in 1.

Silver Playoff teams
Woodbridge Strikers {Semis}
DT Pomykal {Champions}
Solar Chelsea Farley {Semis}
Odyssey
NM Rush
Tuzos
FC Dynano {Semis}
TUSC Blitz Thunder

Bronze Playoff Teams
Texas United Sharks {Semis}
Cosmos FC {Champions}
South Lakes Cosmos
Blitz United Gold
Waco Blast
Wichita Rojos
TSC Hurricane {Semis}
Omaha FC {Semis}
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Dallas Premier Supercopa - Page 14 Empty Weather for weekend

Post by So Cal Bicycle 6/3/2013, 12:14 pm

Looks like they are calling for bad weather this coming weekend. Hope it doesn't get too bad.

So Cal Bicycle
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 6/3/2013, 12:28 pm

So Cal Bicycle wrote:Looks like they are calling for bad weather this coming weekend. Hope it doesn't get too bad.

Weather Channel App says 40% chance of rain on Thursday, 20% chance on Friday and Saturday and 40% chance on Sunday.

Anybody that has lived in the Dallas area can tell you that you never trust forecast's or just about anything the weatherman says.
Things can change very quickly here . As the saying goes, "If you don't like the weather in Texas, then just wait 5 minutes."
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Duke1695 6/3/2013, 12:31 pm

40% of scattered thunderstorms on Sunday - you call that bad? Around here that's called Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Or Saturday.

Duke1695
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 6/3/2013, 12:35 pm

moveyourfeet wrote:
So Cal Bicycle wrote:Looks like they are calling for bad weather this coming weekend. Hope it doesn't get too bad.

Weather Channel App says 40% chance of rain on Thursday, 20% chance on Friday and Saturday and 40% chance on Sunday.

Anybody that has lived in the Dallas area can tell you that you never trust forecast's or just about anything the weatherman says.
Things can change very quickly here . As the saying goes, "If you don't like the weather in Texas, then just wait 5 minutes."

A good example of this was last Wednesday. Weather apps said rain would hit Plano at 9pm. The 5pm weather (Pete Delkus the dumba$$) predicted it hitting at 8:42 in Plano. The storm hit at 6:28. right before practice started.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 6/3/2013, 12:35 pm

There was a 40% chance of rain this previous Saturday and I was certain my kids 3v3 would be cancelled due to rain. We played the whole day and it never rained on the fields. Some dark coulds, but no rain and the day was fine.

I am hopefull this weekend will be like last weekend.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/3/2013, 12:42 pm

So, yeah, what all these reassuring folks are saying is that they don't know either, it may or may not rain cats and dogs and the tourney may or may not get cancelled. Very Happy

Feel better? Just head to SAN and hope for the best. Worst case you spent $1500 to hang out at the indoor pool and order in Pizza Hut and see historic Frisco.

(I'm expecting everything to be fine, fwtw)
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 6/3/2013, 1:04 pm

Supercopa is this week Supercopa is this week santa
bounce bounce bounce
cheers cheers cheers

Can Texas teams come out on top against the nations other top teams Very Happy
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Bogus 6/3/2013, 1:05 pm

Forecast doesn't look too bad, but certainly there's a good chance we'll have some passing showers Thursday and through the weekend.

Real question is who is making the decision on the field conditions, and whether they are more committed to getting the tournament in or more committed to maintaining the fields. Some municipalities around here are VERY quick to close fields if they are the least bit wet, even if they are perfectly playable, to avoid them getting torn up.

I hope with all the teams traveling in for this tournament that the bar will be very high to actually closing the fields.

Bogus
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 18 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next