Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Spring 2013 04 Boys  - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Spring 2013 04 Boys

+53
Messifan
Beast23
txnsdevelopprogram
all4one
Rancho4C
letsgo
donotquestion
ShortCorner
Messifan4life
joshisa
soccerjunkie
Gotgoalz
beautifulgame
bubba chop
soccerdad04
toepoker11
0RaYoS4
ricky jones
whatthe
ShastaTx
onemorepractice
jmallett
tikitaka
midfield
Maradona
okbug
allen04
TryingMyBest
sukiakiman
SidekickSoccer
moveyourfeet
ProudSoccerParent
go99
bunited
omega striker
odie1993
xacute
SDadX2
yellowboots
finish1
Sprint
Number13
soccerdude10
passionforsoccer
newton heath FC
7sdad
hotmale1
mcgill
Firewater
99goaliedad
EAL League Advisor
jessesalas79
4theluvofthegame
57 posters

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

Spring 2013 04 Boys  - Page 4 Empty Re: Spring 2013 04 Boys

Post by SidekickSoccer 2/22/2013, 11:54 am

go99 wrote:lol just playing on the fact that people tie their ego into the rankings of their kids team. Doesn't really matter where you are ranked now. Maybe the last season before select and only if you can finish near the top so you can get a easy qualifying tournament run. Doesn't matter if you can beat 03 teams or not. The purpose of playing up is to play against bigger faster opponents (not better) so the team can learn to play under more pressure and to take away any athletic advantadge that you may have in your own age. Its not so you can say look at us we can beat the older kids, because in the end it won't help your ranking anyway. Oh and finish is right, quite a few of the u9 studs will be u14 duds. The ability to hide in a top team can often do more harm than good.

Are you kidding me? What a hypocrite! Your whole life revolves around logging onto the girls forum on a daily basis and bragging about how your daughters team is the best team in history. You get bent out of shape everytime someone doesn't believe your DD's team should be ranked first. You are the last person that should be giving advice about development because your DD's team is only about winning. You have made a reputation for yourself that is only going to hurt your DD in the future.

SidekickSoccer
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 2/22/2013, 12:46 pm

SidekickSoccer wrote:
Are you kidding me? What a hypocrite! Your whole life revolves around logging onto the girls forum on a daily basis and bragging about how your daughters team is the best team in history. You get bent out of shape everytime someone doesn't believe your DD's team should be ranked first. You are the last person that should be giving advice about development because your DD's team is only about winning. You have made a reputation for yourself that is only going to hurt your DD in the future.

golf clap

I'd dispute that Liverpool girls are all about winning and not development. I had this conversation with a Liv girls coach:

Coach: We are two players short for our league, we don't have enough for a full team, I could use players
Me: I know two girls that age who have played, they might think this is fun
Coach: That would be great, we have a game on Saturday.
Me: Can they come to practice first to meet you and the other kids?
Coach: Sure
Me: Takes both to practice which lasts about 45 mins and involves a lot of coach popping ball up in the air to himself, but includes older girls and a few younger ones our age. The younger ones a bit intimidated.
Coach: (after practice) They are cut, I can't use them (points at the two I know).
Me: Laughs. Do what?
Coach: They can't play with us. They are cut.
Me: Um..dude I just brought them as a favor, I'm not here for American Idol tryouts. Are you saying you, a paid coach, can't teach them how to play better soccer?
Coach: Shrugs. They are cut. We need strong players.

This is in regard to an '07 team. The two girls were 5 at the time. Rolling Eyes

Same coach had this conversation with his '06 team at the team huddle at the end of Fall season:

Coach: Thanks, girls. Player A-G, I will see you at training. Player X-Z, you cannot play with us anymore. Tell your parents.

I was laughingly telling my story to soccer gal friend at Xmas when she told me the '06 story. At some point she will get tired of keying that coach's car up at BlueSky. But that point won't be in 2013. Very Happy
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/22/2013, 2:03 pm

SidekickSoccer wrote:
go99 wrote:lol just playing on the fact that people tie their ego into the rankings of their kids team. Doesn't really matter where you are ranked now. Maybe the last season before select and only if you can finish near the top so you can get a easy qualifying tournament run. Doesn't matter if you can beat 03 teams or not. The purpose of playing up is to play against bigger faster opponents (not better) so the team can learn to play under more pressure and to take away any athletic advantadge that you may have in your own age. Its not so you can say look at us we can beat the older kids, because in the end it won't help your ranking anyway. Oh and finish is right, quite a few of the u9 studs will be u14 duds. The ability to hide in a top team can often do more harm than good.

Ah welcome to the boards sidekick great first post. You should probably go back to the girls board and do a little more research on my post. Have never bragged about being the best girls team in history. Have never been bent out of shape about a ranking because I don't think they matter other than a little mindless fun. Unless you have been on my DD's team you have no idea what they are all about. It does sound like somewhere along the way they hurt your feelings though. And I apoligize for that. Stay on the boards a little long and read a little better and you will find my views on development havent changed well befor there were any 04's.

You have made a reputation for yourself that is only going to hurt your DD in the future this is one of my favorite quotes and belive me I have heard it before. I tend to take a different approach. Learn to play and be good at what you do. You have to kiss less a$%. OH NO affraid somebody doesn't like me so my kid won't get to be on a team. lol. Hmmm maybe I should just make a new super secret profile Twisted Evil then I can post away
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/22/2013, 2:07 pm

Number13 wrote:
SidekickSoccer wrote:

golf clap

I'd dispute that Liverpool girls are all about winning and not development. I had this conversation with a Liv girls coach:

Coach: We are two players short for our league, we don't have enough for a full team, I could use players
Me: I know two girls that age who have played, they might think this is fun
Coach: That would be great, we have a game on Saturday.
Me: Can they come to practice first to meet you and the other kids?
Coach: Sure
Me: Takes both to practice which lasts about 45 mins and involves a lot of coach popping ball up in the air to himself, but includes older girls and a few younger ones our age. The younger ones a bit intimidated.
Coach: (after practice) They are cut, I can't use them (points at the two I know).
Me: Laughs. Do what?
Coach: They can't play with us. They are cut.
Me: Um..dude I just brought them as a favor, I'm not here for American Idol tryouts. Are you saying you, a paid coach, can't teach them how to play better soccer?
Coach: Shrugs. They are cut. We need strong players.

This is in regard to an '07 team. The two girls were 5 at the time. Rolling Eyes

Same coach had this conversation with his '06 team at the team huddle at the end of Fall season:

Coach: Thanks, girls. Player A-G, I will see you at training. Player X-Z, you cannot play with us anymore. Tell your parents.

I was laughingly telling my story to soccer gal friend at Xmas when she told me the '06 story. At some point she will get tired of keying that coach's car up at BlueSky. But that point won't be in 2013. Very Happy

LOL nice! Not my DD's coach, he doesn't have an 06 or 07 team. seems to me a coach should take in what he can at that age. No way he can tell what 5 yr old will be good. Hope he ends up regreting that choice and the girls come back to smash him later
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 2/22/2013, 2:36 pm

Last I checked this is an 04 boys thread about the Spring. You all mind going to another thread to have your spat. It is always funny to read that the "crazy" population is a lot bigger then people want to admit tongue
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 2/22/2013, 2:38 pm

To put it in perspective....if you (4LTG) were an '04 girls parent, all your peers would wonder why you don't care more about '04 soccer.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 2/22/2013, 2:47 pm

Number13 wrote:To put it in perspective....if you (4LTG) were an '04 girls parent, all your peers would wonder why you don't care more about '04 soccer.

Now that made me giggle!

Thanks #13
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 2/22/2013, 3:16 pm

Number13 wrote:To put it in perspective....if you (4LTG) were an '04 girls parent, all your peers would wonder why you don't care more about '04 soccer.

those parents over there are down right crazy. I head over there for fun every so often and read some of the crazy threads. us 03 boy parents would be ridiculed for not "caring" enough over there due to our lack of posts.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 2/22/2013, 3:21 pm

odie1993 wrote:

those parents over there are down right crazy. I head over there for fun every so often and read some of the crazy threads. us 03 boy parents would be ridiculed for not "caring" enough over there due to our lack of posts.

4thluv's ranking are downright tame compared to the computer generated, spreadhseet producing FBR Rankings ( or some such) they have over there. I have a 2011 girl, so I may need to see when the 11 rankings get started to find her a good team. The Pink Ponies are just not doing it for us.....

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 2/23/2013, 12:52 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:First full week of games with EAL starting this week. Primetime, SDL and Arlington league started last week.

1. DT Pomykal (EAL and SDL 03)
2. Solar Red (SDL 03)
3. Solar Chelsea Farley (EAL and SDL 03)
4. Odyssey (EAL and Primetime 04)
5. FC Dallas Gomez (EAL and SDL 04)
6. Solar Chelsea Tarrant (EAL)
7. Liverpool RASE (EAL)
8. Solar Partain (EAL)
9. DT Gall (EAL)
10. Andromeda Hiller (SDL 04)

Teams to watch: DT Manchester, FC Dallas Gold, FC Dallas South, TFC, Bandits, Rayos, FC Dallas Mansfield, Texans FW, OC Venom

**Game of the Week**
#1 DT Pomykal vs #7 Liverpool RASE - a good early season matchup, these two teams have faced each other a couple other times in the last year with DT Pomykal coming out on top both times. The last game was Fall season with DT Pomykal handing RASE a 5 to 0 defeat. I expect this game to be a little closer and DT winning by 3 goals

Other top games
#2 Solar Red vs DT South 03 - Solar Red will have their hands full with Sal's boys, but I think they will eek out a close game and win by a goal

#3 Solar Chelsea Farley vs CFBSA Strikers - Solar will win by 5+ goals this weekend

#4 Odyssey vs Texans Jacobo - they dont have an EAL game this weekend, instead have a Primetime 04 game against an easy opponent. I expect them to win by 5+ goals

#5 FC Dallas Gomez vs #8 Solar Partain - great opening week match up, last season these two battled to the final whistle. I expect FC Dallas Gomez to be too strong for them this time. FCD wins by 2+ goals

#6 Solar Chelsea Tarrant vs Texans FW - great chance for Texans FW to crack the top 10 if they can get a win against a ranked team. I expect a hard fought game and predict it ends in a tie.

#9 DT Gall - I think they have a bye

#10 Andromeda - has three games this weekend, two against 05 teams and 1 against DT Rosales. I expect the DT Rosales game to be a good game, but think playing their third game of the weekend Andromeda might not have a full tank. I predict Rosales gives Andromeda it's second defeat of the young season.

Post your scores from SDL when you have them.
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman 2/23/2013, 4:23 pm

Solar dynamo 05 won 4-2 over Andromeda hiller 04

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 2/24/2013, 6:51 pm

Any scores from any of the Primetime, EAL or SDL games?

I heard a rumor that Solar Red got beat up by Texans South, any truth?
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hotmale1 2/24/2013, 7:18 pm

also heard Odyssey didn't cover their spread...must have been missing some of their "extra" players.

hotmale1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hotmale1 2/24/2013, 7:40 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:Any scores from any of the Primetime, EAL or SDL games?

I heard a rumor that Solar Red got beat up by Texans South, any truth?

4-0 I believe. don't think that qualifies as beat up, especially 04 v 03

hotmale1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 2/24/2013, 7:51 pm

When I said "beat up" I was talking about physically not the score.
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by jessesalas79 2/24/2013, 8:01 pm

Was a good game texans fw 3 solar tarrant 2

jessesalas79
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 2/24/2013, 10:19 pm

With losses from a couple top 10 teams there will be some changes in the top 10 this week Idea
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdude10 2/25/2013, 11:24 am

Is there not anymore scores from the EAL league yesterday.

soccerdude10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TryingMyBest 2/25/2013, 12:37 pm

Texans South was a 7-0 beating. 4 isn't close to 7.
TryingMyBest
TryingMyBest
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 2/25/2013, 12:42 pm

soccerdude10 wrote:Is there not anymore scores from the EAL league yesterday.

I was just on the EAL scores site and it looks like all the scores have been posted

Any SDL scores? TFC? DT Manchester?
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by TryingMyBest 2/25/2013, 12:48 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:
soccerdude10 wrote:Is there not anymore scores from the EAL league yesterday.

I was just on the EAL scores site and it looks like all the scores have been posted

Did they record the DTS game right?
TryingMyBest
TryingMyBest
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 2/25/2013, 1:01 pm

TryingMyBest wrote:Texans South was a 7-0 beating. 4 isn't close to 7.

I'm assuming you are confused and not referring to the Texans South '03 V Solar '04 game mentioned above. Score was 1-0 at half and ended 4-0. I heard Solar had a couple of opportunities to score and make the final score closer. Heard there were some very complimentary parents from DTS regarding the Solar team. All heresay from me. I wasn't there.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 2/25/2013, 1:01 pm

I watched some of the DT Manchester game vs Andro-Hiller. Rosales's boys really like to shoot from outside; when we left I believe it was 4 - 0. They need to swap places on your list, Andro needs to regroup.

TFC-Angell 4 vs LP-Gerrard 1. Two well deserved yellow cards in the game for LP; poor sportsmanship on and off the field. Luckily the game ended before a full boil got started or I suspect suspensions on the sideline would have followed for them like last season.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 2/25/2013, 1:05 pm

SDadX2 wrote:

I'm assuming you are confused and not referring to the Texans South '03 V Solar '04 game mentioned above. Score was 1-0 at half and ended 4-0. I heard Solar had a couple of opportunities to score and make the final score closer. Heard there were some very complimentary parents from DTS regarding the Solar team. All heresay from me. I wasn't there.

I'm just guessing but maybe dude wants full GD credit for his DTS04/Azurri Silver EAL win.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 2/25/2013, 1:06 pm

Number13 wrote:
SDadX2 wrote:

I'm just guessing but maybe dude wants full GD credit for his DTS04/Azurri Silver EAL win.

Ah ha!!

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TryingMyBest 2/25/2013, 1:21 pm

Azurri?

I guess I'm confused. This was DTS Hernandez. Sorry if I misinterpreted something.
TryingMyBest
TryingMyBest
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 15  Next