Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

PA players helping struggling teams - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

PA players helping struggling teams

+15
Number13
finish1
my2cents
Laroja_2012
Seinfeld4
humble
SoccerXXX
allen04
Soccerinsanity
cds3
Real Barcelona
odie1993
go99
TxHunter
omega striker
19 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

PA players helping struggling teams - Page 2 Empty Re: PA players helping struggling teams

Post by go99 2/18/2013, 3:38 pm

odie1993 wrote:
cds3 wrote:
odie1993 wrote:poor little Johnny. He gets to watch other players play just so {insert club name of big 4 here} can keep its spot in a division clearly the team is not capable of playing in.

and people wonder what is wrong with NTX soccer.

Who are the Big-4? I just see 3....

4 NTX teams have an Academy/PA team. FCD, Texans, Solar and Andromeda.

WRONG!!!!!

Big 4 are FCD, Texans, Liverpool, and Solar in that order. Although Liverpool is closing in on Texans.

go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

PA players helping struggling teams - Page 2 Empty Re: PA players helping struggling teams

Post by allen04 2/18/2013, 3:38 pm

http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/Development-Academy/FAQs.aspx#2

...and this page has a video for those of you with reading comprehension issues.

http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/Development-Academy/U-13-14-Program-Application.aspx

Last edited by allen04 on 2/18/2013, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/18/2013, 3:41 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:I thought LP tried to get a spot originally? And was upset that old-time politics gave a spot to a club that didn't technically qualify for it? Is that old rumor wrong?

It seems that kissing the right pair of testicles is required. At some point I do think we will see LP in the Academy. Not so sure Andro can hold on to theirs as they are falling short on prerequisites.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 2/18/2013, 3:44 pm

go99 wrote:
odie1993 wrote:
IlikeEPL wrote:
omega striker wrote:
TxHunter wrote:Omega, FCD does use dual rostered players when the games matter. Not as much this year as last, but it still happens.
several FCD coaches have said Hayden has stamped a big "veto" on their request for them?confused

Agreed - as there are several FCD teams in the bottom of Classic I, II and III who would benefit from some dual rostering...I know I have been hoping for a PA player or two, but nope...the requests appear to be denied!

Just wondering why you would want some ringers to help you do something in your league. If you get the ringers and they get you out of relegation then it will be a cycle for you guys each season. the boys on the team will become reliable on them each season or they will become disgruntled because the coach brought in the ringers in the first place.

You obviously haven't been in NTX long. I sat around amazed as I listened to parents talk about bringing in PA guest players for tournaments affraid Fortunately the coached wasn't interested and said he would rather lose with the kids that he had

only since I was in the 3rd grade back before all this stuff, including the internet, was around. It was a legitimate question to the poster who was wanting PA players to come bail his son's team out. I know why coaches want to do it because too many are focused on winning over development.

tournaments are different than leagues as a lot of teams use guest players in it so not that big of a deal. but when you are talking about bringing them in to stave off relegation because the team you have just is not quite good enough, there in lies the problem.

Last edited by odie1993 on 2/18/2013, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 2/18/2013, 3:46 pm

go99 wrote:
odie1993 wrote:
cds3 wrote:
odie1993 wrote:poor little Johnny. He gets to watch other players play just so {insert club name of big 4 here} can keep its spot in a division clearly the team is not capable of playing in.

WRONG!!!!!

Big 4 are FCD, Texans, Liverpool, and Solar in that order. Although Liverpool is closing in on Texans.

I agree/disagree as Liverpool does not have the DA/PA teams thus Andromeda is looked at by many still as part of the big 4. I will leave it up to others to decide on whether Andromeda deserves them over Liverpool.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 2/18/2013, 3:48 pm

go99 wrote:
WRONG!!!!!

So what is used to determine the "Big 4" is it # teams or other considerations? Is it just bb teams or all teams?

Assuming it is # teams what are the top 4 plus 2? Just curious what the separation from the "Big 4" are with the next tier.
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 2/18/2013, 4:01 pm

odie1993 wrote:
go99 wrote:
odie1993 wrote:
IlikeEPL wrote:
omega striker wrote:
TxHunter wrote:Omega, FCD does use dual rostered players when the games matter. Not as much this year as last, but it still happens.
several FCD coaches have said Hayden has stamped a big "veto" on their request for them?confused

Agreed - as there are several FCD teams in the bottom of Classic I, II and III who would benefit from some dual rostering...I know I have been hoping for a PA player or two, but nope...the requests appear to be denied!

Just wondering why you would want some ringers to help you do something in your league. If you get the ringers and they get you out of relegation then it will be a cycle for you guys each season. the boys on the team will become reliable on them each season or they will become disgruntled because the coach brought in the ringers in the first place.

You obviously haven't been in NTX long. I sat around amazed as I listened to parents talk about bringing in PA guest players for tournaments affraid Fortunately the coached wasn't interested and said he would rather lose with the kids that he had

only since I was in the 3rd grade back before all this stuff, including the internet, was around. It was a legitimate question to the poster who was wanting PA players to come bail his son's team out. I know why coaches want to do it because too many are focused on winning over development.

tournaments are different than leagues as a lot of teams use guest players in it so not that big of a deal. but when you are talking about bringing them in to stave off relegation because the team you have just is not quite good enough, there in lies the problem.
coaches use guest players at tournaments as a recruiting tool for those players and of course to win What a Face
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/18/2013, 4:09 pm

odie1993 wrote:
go99 wrote:
odie1993 wrote:
IlikeEPL wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Okay, let me make sure I am following this. Using players to help you stay in D1 and your kid sitting is "BAD". Using kids so you can win a tournament while your kid sits is "good" scratch
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/18/2013, 4:11 pm

odie1993 wrote:
go99 wrote:
odie1993 wrote:
cds3 wrote:

WRONG!!!!!

I agree/disagree as Liverpool does not have the DA/PA teams thus Andromeda is looked at by many still as part of the big 4. I will leave it up to others to decide on whether Andromeda deserves them over Liverpool.

Big four or big 3 moniker was around before the AL/PA. It is based on club size and andro isn't even close. Solar for that matter really isn't close. FCD, texans/liverpool
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 2/18/2013, 4:30 pm

"Okay, let me make sure I am following this. Using players to help you stay in D1 and your kid sitting is "BAD". Using kids so you can win a tournament while your kid sits is "good"
Nope neither is good. You do not develop players by having them sit on the bench. There should be a reward for the coach that develops the most players not the one who scavenges and eats up the competition by recruiting.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 2/18/2013, 4:40 pm

[quote="allen04"]http://www.ussoccer.com/Teams/Development-Academy/FAQs.aspx#2

I dont see anything on pre academy?scratch

Last edited by omega striker on 2/18/2013, 4:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/18/2013, 4:41 pm

Pulling in PA players would have gotten an earful from me to the coach. Glad my bb isn't on that team. But I guess as long as they stay D1 some parents are willing to have their kids sit. Besides can't really stand up and say anything. Dissent does not go over well with the Dark Lord and his minions.

I believe the phrase is "thank you sir may I have another" When you get bent over and smacked on the a$% over there.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 2/18/2013, 4:43 pm

go99 wrote:Pulling in PA players would have gotten an earful from me to the coach. Glad my bb isn't on that team. But I guess as long as they stay D1 some parents are willing to have their kids sit. Besides can't really stand up and say anything. Dissent does not go over well with the Dark Lord and his minions.

I believe the phrase is "thank you sir may I have another" When you get bent over and smacked on the a$% over there.
and this is what they do best!bom
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/18/2013, 4:56 pm

go99 wrote:Pulling in PA players would have gotten an earful from me to the coach. Glad my bb isn't on that team. But I guess as long as they stay D1 some parents are willing to have their kids sit. Besides can't really stand up and say anything. Dissent does not go over well with the Dark Lord and his minions.

Very graphic Go99......Is that how it is over with the Empire?

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/18/2013, 5:01 pm

go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/18/2013, 5:07 pm

go99 wrote:

Lmao!!!!! It is your destiny........we poor saps dont stand a chance.

Back to top Go down

PA players helping struggling teams - Page 2 Empty club's perspective

Post by humble 2/18/2013, 5:13 pm

It might be beneficial for clubs to have a D1 team in the CL in case if they want to drop their players to D1 from PA or DA as well. (I am not talking about Dual Roster here, plain and simple dropping them out to the CL team. Otherwise, BB may switch to another club next season. It is a loss in talent and/or $$$ for the club.
humble
humble
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/18/2013, 5:22 pm

of course it's benificial to hold the D1 spot for the club. The more D1 spots you have the more suckers um I mean parents you will have willing to sign up.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2/18/2013, 5:25 pm

go99 wrote:of course it's benificial to hold the D1 spot for the club. The more D1 spots you have the more suckers um I mean parents you will have willing to sign up.

LOL!!!!!!bouncecheersVery Happy:lol:lol!jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post by humble 2/18/2013, 5:29 pm

go99 wrote:of course it's benificial to hold the D1 spot for the club. The more D1 spots you have the more suckers um I mean parents you will have willing to sign up.

Capitalism at its best!
humble
humble
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by humble 2/18/2013, 5:32 pm

Also, take into consideration that there may not be a PA next year. If your BB can't make the U14, U16, U18 DA team, here he goes to CL!!!
humble
humble
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Seinfeld4 2/18/2013, 7:42 pm

humble wrote:Also, take into consideration that there may not be a PA next year. If your BB can't make the U14, U16, U18 DA team, here he goes to CL!!!

I have seen two references to the possibility of no PA next season. What gives?
Seinfeld4
Seinfeld4
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 2/18/2013, 8:34 pm

Seinfeld4 wrote:
humble wrote:Also, take into consideration that there may not be a PA next year. If your BB can't make the U14, U16, U18 DA team, here he goes to CL!!!

because it will no longer exist!Shocked
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 2/18/2013, 8:41 pm

omega striker wrote:
Seinfeld4 wrote:

because it will no longer exist!Shocked

how do you know that? PA started in 2011, so it is only on its second year. Why would they want to eliminate it? Also the clubs who are part of it have pulled their best kids out of the classic leagues, loosing spots in the top divisions, I am sure they would not want it to happen.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 2/18/2013, 9:14 pm

the clubs will be moving on to AL 13/14 next season. It is a different governing body than Pre academy so there is no actual connection between the 2. But with the club picking up the additional AL cost they may be unwilling to do both. Of course that could open up Pre Academy to other clubs who would be willing to step in and take up the spots
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 2/18/2013, 9:41 pm

I think Go is on to something....those other clubs might want the PA league?!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next