Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

ETX Premier Accepted then Rejected for State Cup  - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

ETX Premier Accepted then Rejected for State Cup

+10
twotone
Soccerinsanity
my2cents
DragonStryker
Rooneyhasplugs
Real Barcelona
Iplaysoccer
PG-Boy
Laimport
futbolfiend
14 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

ETX Premier Accepted then Rejected for State Cup  - Page 2 Empty Re: ETX Premier Accepted then Rejected for State Cup

Post by Laimport 3/19/2013, 4:15 pm

DragonStryker wrote:
Laimport wrote:Good point and I agree.

Except that when you change the rules 'after the fact', this is what you get.

And that seems to be the MO with NTX soccer.

Wow! So you're saying NTX managed to actually change the USYSA rule book in an effort to exclude you guys? That's shocking.

Though an entirely untrue statement based on nothing more than your hurt feelings.

Sucks you guys aren't going to be able to play in the State Cup but it seems that if you'd spent more time understanding the rules as they apply to everyone and thinking about the consequences of the decisions your team made (not playing Plano Labor Day, not playing in an NTX league, not playing in any league for that matter), you'd be in a far better position at this point than you are.

As you stated, all you had to do was play in a league and you wouldn't have the problem you are presently facing. Your own lack of foresight caused this, not NTX soccer changing the rules on you.

And while you might publicly state that you take responsiblility, your team, or at least representatives of your team, sure have done a lot of crying on this forum this season.

Wow! What an astute observation on your part!

Except you are wrong. The NTX website clearly stated that "any and all teams u11-u19 are eligible" as long as they are registered thru NTX soccer."

Didn't say jack squat about a stipulation concerning playing in a 'sanctioned league'.

Isn't usys based in DFW? Frisco?

Yeah, I am NOW aware that the usys rule demands participation in a league.

Don't you think that a governing body should have the rules and entrance requirements posted?

Especially before taking a check and accepting a team?

Bottom line is the big boys threatened to pull out of state cup...unless we were kicked out.

Again, how are we to know what the 'rules' are if they are not written?

So, it's either incompetence or politics...which is it dragonstryker?

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

ETX Premier Accepted then Rejected for State Cup  - Page 2 Empty Re: ETX Premier Accepted then Rejected for State Cup

Post by my2cents 3/19/2013, 4:39 pm

The big boys would never pull out. They would take it to USYSA which is what NTX does not want to have to deal with.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/19/2013, 6:17 pm

eh..

I'm done. When you get down to it, it is just another tournament.

It's just the snarky $hit that gets pulled and the politics that's frustrating.

They should know the rules better than anyone else.

It's an excuse.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 3/19/2013, 10:54 pm

Maybe apply to the governing people that you'd like to move ETX to the Louisiana league. Argue proximity. Go somewhere with less politics?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 3/20/2013, 12:44 am

I'm not sure what to think. It seems that if your team played by the rules then you wouldn't be bitten by the rules so often. if you played in a league against other NTX competitive youth teams, you would have a better chance of getting accepted into the tournaments you want to play in, especially if you're already performing well in said league and have a proven track record to review. Right now, the track record is alot of talk backed up by a uneventful performance in the Bobby Rhine, a relatively new tournament itself.

But, if the point of the ETX team is to get exposure to the players on the team for colleges, why keep trying to get into these competitive tournaments for championships? Showcases should be your thing, not State Cup, DTX Fall Festival, PLD, and Bobby Rhine. there aren't college scouts at those tourneys (or limited anyway). Don't think Copa ESPN will have college scouts there either since the oldest age group is U16. I mean, do you not see it from this angle at all? Is it time to point some thumbs yet.... maybe to see the situation you've put yourselves in by not playing by the game from the inside?

I'll give a prime example from 2012 State Cup where TFC 94 and Ayses 94 played for the state championship. those aren't big clubs at all and they beat 2 Texans teams along the way.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 3/20/2013, 12:48 am

my2cents wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:
Laimport wrote:Good point and I agree.

Wow! So you're saying NTX managed to actually change the USYSA rule book in an effort to exclude you guys? That's shocking.

Though an entirely untrue statement based on nothing more than your hurt feelings.

Sucks you guys aren't going to be able to play in the State Cup but it seems that if you'd spent more time understanding the rules as they apply to everyone and thinking about the consequences of the decisions your team made (not playing Plano Labor Day, not playing in an NTX league, not playing in any league for that matter), you'd be in a far better position at this point than you are.

As you stated, all you had to do was play in a league and you wouldn't have the problem you are presently facing. Your own lack of foresight caused this, not NTX soccer changing the rules on you.

And while you might publicly state that you take responsiblility, your team, or at least representatives of your team, sure have done a lot of crying on this forum this season.

Dragon you need to keep up a little better. If you followed the whole thread what he said is they were accepted, then NTX changed their mind because a 3rd party complained. The USYSA rule that was envoked is not on their web site for the tournament. The NTX site states

REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER THIS TOURNAMENT
Any U11 or older youth team registered with North Texas State Soccer is eligible to enter, if all registered players were at least 10 years old by July 31, 2012.

There is no link to USYSA or mention of any other rules or qualifiers. I too believe in doing due diligence but it is NTX that dropped the ball here. This is a stupid rule. According to the statement above I could enter a rec team.

well, not exactly. i get what you're trying to say but State Cup is a tournament for Competitive teams . The state tournament for Recreational teams is Tournament of Champions. I have a suspicion that the word "competitive" will be added into that definition somewhere on the website very soon.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 3/20/2013, 8:07 am

Laimport wrote:eh..

It's an excuse.

Yep, you're right, playing based upon the printed rulebook sucks when it doesn't fit with what you'd like to do. Great lesson to teach our kids.

Rules apply to everyone, equally. Want to stick it to the big boys, figure out how to use the rules against them. It can be done, I've seen it.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/20/2013, 9:09 am

DragonStryker wrote:

It's an excuse.

Yep, you're right, playing based upon the printed rulebook sucks when it doesn't fit with what you'd like to do. Great lesson to teach our kids.

Rules apply to everyone, equally. Want to stick it to the big boys, figure out how to use the rules against them. It can be done, I've seen it.

You keep missing the point.

1. The 'league rule' was neither mentioned nor implied on the website.
2. After ETP was 'accepted'...some people complained.
3. Only THEN did they use the 'league rule' to 'disqualify' us.
4. NTX took our fees. (Shouldn't they have known better?)

I accept and understand the USYS stipulation about league play participation. But again, NTX should have published that fact. This is why we have lucid commique like...No Smoking, Speed Limit, etc.

Now, as for you dragonstryker, I don't mind you disagreeing. But the smartass remarks seem like a personal insult to me.

Now, if you'd like to discuss this in person, I'll be at the COPA ESPN tournament next month. We can discuss whatever you want in depth.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 3/20/2013, 9:18 am

Based on your view, NTX would have to publish the entire rulebook for you to understand that a rule applies to your team. You didn't read the rulebook, that is no one's fault but your own. No one's!

Ultimately, after you were erroneously accpeted into the tournament, other teams complained because including you in the tournament could have adversely affected them by negating an invite to Regionals (inclusion of an ineligible team).

This isn't complicated. You simply refuse to accept responsibility for something that lies clearly on your own shoulders and no one else's.

State Cup is clearly a qualifier for Regionals. Regionals are clearly sanctioned and put on by USYSA. Therefore, it logically follows that the USYSA rulebook would apply to State Cup. The fact that the entire rulebook wasn't printed on the website for YOUR convenience isn't NTX's problem. It's yours. It's your responsibility to know the rules under which your team competes. It's isn't the responsibility of NTX soccer to hold your hand and lead you like a child.

Laimport wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:

It's an excuse.

I accept and understand the USYS stipulation about league play participation. But again, NTX should have published that fact. This is why we have lucid commique like...No Smoking, Speed Limit, etc.

Now, as for you dragonstryker, I don't mind you disagreeing. But the smartass remarks seem like a personal insult to me.

Now, if you'd like to discuss this in person, I'll be at the COPA ESPN tournament next month. We can discuss whatever you want in depth.

DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/20/2013, 9:31 am

DragonStryker wrote:Based on your view, NTX would have to publish the entire rulebook for you to understand that a rule applies to your team. You didn't read the rulebook, that is no one's fault but your own. No one's!

Ultimately, after you were erroneously accpeted into the tournament, other teams complained because including you in the tournament could have adversely affected them by negating an invite to Regionals (inclusion of an ineligible team).

This isn't complicated. You simply refuse to accept responsibility for something that lies clearly on your own shoulders and no one else's.

State Cup is clearly a qualifier for Regionals. Regionals are clearly sanctioned and put on by USYSA. Therefore, it logically follows that the USYSA rulebook would apply to State Cup. The fact that the entire rulebook wasn't printed on the website for YOUR convenience isn't NTX's problem. It's yours. It's your responsibility to know the rules under which your team competes. It's isn't the responsibility of NTX soccer to hold your hand and lead you like a child.

Laimport wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:

It's an excuse.

You're still here?

"Any and all teams U11 thru U19 registered through NTX Soccer"...

It isn't a coach or manager's responsibility to go looking for further information when the governing body omits such an important item for entry and acceptance into a tournament.

99.9% of tournaments have explicit instructions and requirements for entry.

In other words, NTX Soccer displayed gross negligence and incompetence.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 3/20/2013, 9:38 am

You're still whining about this? Get over yourself. You aren't bigger than NTX soccer, no matter how important you think you or your team are. I'm sorry NTX Soccer didn't type out in tiny, single syllable words that your team wasn't eligible. But you aren't. And it clearly states you aren't in the applicable rule book. Again, you're the only one to blame for not reading the rulebook. The fact you can't grasp that tells me why you weren't smart enough to read the rulebook in the first place.

Again, the fact you failed to take note of that is no one's problem but your own. No matter how loudly you cry about it.

And the whining you continue to demonstrate does nothing more than make you look like a sore loser.

Gross negligence? You can't honestly be serious? Please file that lawsuit so I can laugh in your face at how quickly you are kicked out of court and stuck with court costs due to your frivolous lawsuit. Gross negligence, that'd be laughably absurd if you weren't trying to be serious.

Laimport wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:Based on your view, NTX would have to publish the entire rulebook for you to understand that a rule applies to your team. You didn't read the rulebook, that is no one's fault but your own. No one's!

Laimport wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:

It's an excuse.

You're still here?

It isn't a coach or manager's responsibility to go looking for further information when the governing body omits such an important item for entry and acceptance into a tournament.

DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/20/2013, 9:45 am

DragonStryker wrote:You're still whining about this? Get over yourself. You aren't bigger than NTX soccer, no matter how important you think you or your team are. I'm sorry NTX Soccer didn't type out in tiny, single syllable words that your team wasn't eligible. But you aren't. And it clearly states you aren't in the applicable rule book. Again, you're the only one to blame for not reading the rulebook. The fact you can't grasp that tells me why you weren't smart enough to read the rulebook in the first place.

Again, the fact you failed to take note of that is no one's problem but your own. No matter how loudly you cry about it.

And the whining you continue to demonstrate does nothing more than make you look like a sore loser.

Gross negligence? You can't honestly be serious? Please file that lawsuit so I can laugh in your face at how quickly you are kicked out of court and stuck with court costs due to your frivolous lawsuit. Gross negligence, that'd be laughably absurd if you weren't trying to be serious.

Laimport wrote:

Laimport wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:

It's an excuse.

You're still here?

I finished up yesterday. And yet you keep hurling personal insults.

Like I said, you are entitled to you ropinion..but I'm not going to be personally insulted.

And you crossed that line yesterday.

Like I said, you can introduce yourself next month. Instead of hurling personal insults from some cubicle.

It's easy to have big balls hiding behind some avatar.

I hope you have dental coverage!

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 3/20/2013, 9:52 am

Laimport wrote:

Like I said, you are entitled to you ropinion..but I'm not going to be personally insulted.

Like I said, you can introduce yourself next month. Instead of hurling personal insults from some cubicle.

Threats of violence.

About what I would expect.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by EastTexasSoccer 3/20/2013, 10:05 am

Ok...Let me make this as simple as I can.

I respect the rule and the requirements to compete in the State Cup. What I don't understand nor respect is the lack of information that's given on NTX web-site. With NTX being one of the biggest State Associations in Region III; a simple sentence or "hyperlink" to USYSA requirements to compete would have suffice. No harm no foul...but when you get Accepted and also get an email about the Mandatory Coaches/Managers Meeting something is wrong. Even one of the smallest State Associations in Region III thought enought to provide the correct language or "hyperlink" to ALL that wanted to compete in their State Cup...see link below:
http://www.arkansassoccer.org/?q=events/statecups/statechamp

Also, isn't the President's Cup sanctioned by USYSA (and it's requirements)and does the winner advance to represent their respective State in the Region III tournament. If both answers are "yes"...why did NTX approve ETX to compete in their President's Cup the last two years while NOT competing in ANY state sanctioned leagues.

Again, I RESPECT THE RULE and TOTALLY UNDERSTAND IT NOW.

EastTexasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/20/2013, 10:26 am

DragonStryker wrote:
Laimport wrote:

Threats of violence.

I'll tell you what I expect.

I EXPECT people to disagree.

What I will NOT tolerate is being personally insulted.

Not from you or anyone else.

All I'm saying is that calling someone stupid and assaulting someone's charcter, intelligence, etc. is crossing the line.

It is the mark of a coward.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 3/20/2013, 11:02 am

You've resorted to threats of violence over a debate about a child's game and you're calling me a coward. That's rich. Think about that for a moment and what it says about you and your character. You've resorted to threats of violence over a debate about a child's game.

Had a nice long reply typed out but it's seriously not worth it.

A child's game, this is a child's game and you're so worked up that you're threatening violence.

And we wonder what's wrong with this country.

Laimport wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:
Laimport wrote:

Threats of violence.

All I'm saying is that calling someone stupid and assaulting someone's charcter, intelligence, etc. is crossing the line.

DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 3/20/2013, 11:05 am

The team list on the State Cup website shows ETX as ACCEPTED. so what's the issue?

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/20/2013, 11:07 am

twotone wrote:The team list on the State Cup website shows ETX as ACCEPTED. so what's the issue?

ask dragonstryker...he has all the answers.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/20/2013, 11:10 am

DragonStryker wrote:You've resorted to threats of violence over a debate about a child's game and you're calling me a coward. That's rich. Think about that for a moment and what it says about you and your character. You've resorted to threats of violence over a debate about a child's game.

A child's game, this is a child's game and you're so worked up that you're threatening violence.

Laimport wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:
Laimport wrote:

Threats of violence.

Doesn't sit well..does it? Now you are trying to divert attention away from your personal insults by somehow making the thread irrelevant.

If that's the case, then why are you so doggedly determined to insult me?

If it is just a 'child's game'...then why do you keep pushing it. Why are you even posting?

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/20/2013, 11:21 am

Laimport wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:You've resorted to threats of violence over a debate about a child's game and you're calling me a coward. That's rich. Think about that for a moment and what it says about you and your character. You've resorted to threats of violence over a debate about a child's game.

Laimport wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:
Laimport wrote:

Threats of violence.

Doesn't sit well..does it? Now you are trying to divert attention away from your personal insults by somehow making the thread irrelevant.

If that's the case, then why are you so doggedly determined to insult me?

If it is just a 'child's game'...then why do you keep pushing it. Why are you even posting?

I didn't threaten you with violence. I just said we could debate this issue face to face next month. And I said "I hope you have dental insurance".

hmmm...You came to that conclusion on your own.

Kind of like our coach assumed applying for the tournament, our fee was collected and were subsequently 'officially accepted'.

So we are by your definition both guilty of making false assumptions. That is, according to your logic.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 3/20/2013, 12:54 pm

[quote="DragonStryker"]You've resorted to threats of violence over a debate about a child's game and you're calling me a coward. That's rich. Think about that for a moment and what it says about you and your character. You've resorted to threats of violence over a debate about a child's game.

There's a lot of irony and ignorance in your comment. Sure the comment about having dental insurance could be seen as a veiled threat but at the same time you are being a Richard Cabeza.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/20/2013, 1:17 pm

[quote="Rooneyhasplugs"]

There's a lot of irony and ignorance in your comment. Sure the comment about having dental insurance could be seen as a veiled threat but at the same time you are being a Richard Cabeza.

Who the hell is Richard Cabeza?

Look, I'm done with this topic. If I didn't prove the point concerning state cup, it ain't gonna sink in with anyone.

My deal is I am not going to be personally insulted. You draw the weapon, you damn well better be willing to pull the trigger.

I don't mind people disagreeing. Although a hell of a lot more agree than disagree. But that's beside the point.

I'm over the whole state cup 'miscomminication' or 'omission', etc.

Again, I'm not putting up with personal insults. If I don't make them I expect the same consideration in return.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 3/20/2013, 1:36 pm

you guys are better than the 04 group. congrats

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 3/20/2013, 5:37 pm

Laimport wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:
Real Barcelona wrote:This is a prime example of the oligopoly in NTX soccer. Let competition decide on who should go where and stop the entitlement of bigger clubs.

i really don't like arguing for the big guys but if it is a rule then everyone has to meet the rule.....

Good point and I agree.

Not to be argumentative but by Fiend's own admission in his original post, they didn't, as you put it, "change the rules 'after the fact'," because the rule was spelled out very clearly in the USYSA rule book. It was always there, you just didn't do your homework and North Texas didn't re-print the entire set of guidelines governing State Cup on their website. To me, you are asking North Texas to do an "after the fact" look at your adult hispanic games as a "league" schedule. That's more after the fact than what you have alleged North Texas did. Also, as Go99 has pointed out repeatedly, Solar is not a "big club". FCD, Texans and even Liverpool are much bigger. "We know because we know," doesn't really fly when you start throwing out accusations about specific clubs being the source of your woes. You couldn't know which specific clubs pointed out the rule unless North Texas told you. One more point, it's a terrible conspiracy theory because Solar and FCD seem like strange bedfellows and by most accounts don't get along.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 3/20/2013, 5:43 pm

[/quote]

Dragon you need to keep up a little better. If you followed the whole thread what he said is they were accepted, then NTX changed their mind because a 3rd party complained. The USYSA rule that was envoked is not on their web site for the tournament. The NTX site states

REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER THIS TOURNAMENT
Any U11 or older youth team registered with North Texas State Soccer is eligible to enter, if all registered players were at least 10 years old by July 31, 2012.

There is no link to USYSA or mention of any other rules or qualifiers. I too believe in doing due diligence but it is NTX that dropped the ball here. This is a stupid rule. According to the statement above I could enter a rec team.[/quote]
EXACTLY!! All the more reason ETX Premier should have done their homework because the limited information given on the website was sketchy and ridiculous at best. Certainly North Texas didn't mean to make State Cup open to Rec Teams.
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by crazyET 3/20/2013, 5:53 pm

Laimport wrote:
DragonStryker wrote:
Laimport wrote:

Threats of violence.

You mean like calling the people who run North Texas "incompetent" and "grossly negligent"?
crazyET
crazyET
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next