Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Best coaches for development of kids Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Best coaches for development of kids

+11
go99
ICThelight
Rightback
omega striker
R1
hunden97
Laimport
DragonStryker
td3333
bigtex75081
dudemon
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Best coaches for development of kids Empty Best coaches for development of kids

Post by dudemon 4/17/2013, 12:40 am

We plan on making a change in teams for next year. Who are the coaches in Classic League who do the best job of developing kids? We live in Collin County.

dudemon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Best coaches for development of kids Empty Re: Best coaches for development of kids

Post by Guest 4/17/2013, 7:45 am

They all do haven't you heard!?!?!? cheers lol!

Back to top Go down

Best coaches for development of kids Empty Re: Best coaches for development of kids

Post by Guest 4/17/2013, 7:48 am

dudemon wrote:We plan on making a change in teams for next year. Who are the coaches in Classic League who do the best job of developing kids? We live in Collin County.

why which ever one wins most of their games of course.... pirat

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 4/17/2013, 8:28 am

So you're looking for a coach of a '99 squad that has a Classic League team that puts development ahead of winning? Good luck with that.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by td3333 4/17/2013, 9:00 am

So what do you do if you want both? Sign with a classic league team and do separate private skills?

td3333
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 4/17/2013, 9:14 am

td3333 wrote:So what do you do if you want both? Sign with a classic league team and do separate private skills?

Yes. It's quite simple.

True development as many on here have stated on this board in the past (when they aren't being sarcastic asses) takes hours a day of practice, both structured and unstructured. Classic League teams don't practice hours a day. So your choice is to either work on your own (which every kid should do if their goal is to be the best they can reasonably be) and/or hire a skills coach to work with your child on his/her individual skills. Let the team coach work on tactics and team skills, your skills coach works with you personally. The team coach is trying to build a winning team. Your skills coach is trying to build a winning player.

While you're at it a personal trainer, nutritionist, etc. are also probably warranted if you are truly interested in developing your child into the best athlete they are capable of becoming. (and yes, this last bit was said tongue in cheek)
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/17/2013, 9:58 am

DragonStryker wrote:
td3333 wrote:So what do you do if you want both? Sign with a classic league team and do separate private skills?

Yes. It's quite simple.

True development as many on here have stated on this board in the past (when they aren't being sarcastic asses) takes hours a day of practice, both structured and unstructured. Classic League teams don't practice hours a day. So your choice is to either work on your own (which every kid should do if their goal is to be the best they can reasonably be) and/or hire a skills coach to work with your child on his/her individual skills. Let the team coach work on tactics and team skills, your skills coach works with you personally. The team coach is trying to build a winning team. Your skills coach is trying to build a winning player.

While you're at it a personal trainer, nutritionist, etc. are also probably warranted if you are truly interested in developing your child into the best athlete they are capable of becoming. (and yes, this last bit was said tongue in cheek)

Completely agree.

No coach, team or club can put in what your child has not done. His individual technique is largely up to him. Private lessons can give you an idea on how to structure a self training workout. (I have personally never invested in private lessons...so there's my disclaimer.)

Now, if your son is truly a creative, technically gifted attacking player, then the ideal coach would be one that will encourage him to take measured risks...preferably in the final 3rd.

That may be a challenge with a top CL team...because the emphasis will be on results. Depending on his level and position/role (as well as his current physical development) it may not be imperative that he plays for the 'best' team he can make.

At U15, if he is a striker or attacking mid, I personally believe he still needs to have as much success attacking as possible to gain confidence. Mix challenge with plenty of success.

If he is physically mature/'gifted' and is a defensive mid or defender, then it may make more sense to train/play with the best group possible. Because if he is dominating physically he won't improve substantially.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hunden97 4/17/2013, 7:53 pm

dudemon wrote:We plan on making a change in teams for next year. Who are the coaches in Classic League who do the best job of developing kids? We live in Collin County.

Along with some of the suggestions above, do more small sided play and futsal. I prefer City Futsal but there are an abundance of indoor facilities throughout your area. Check if any of these places do skills, for example City Futsal has its evening Training Academy. And I agree with the poster who mentioned that the player needs to do much work on their own in order "develop".
hunden97
hunden97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dudemon 4/17/2013, 9:44 pm

My son does extra skills. I am sure there must be some coaches out there who still emphasize their kids' development while still trying to win. Who are those coaches, though?

dudemon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 4/17/2013, 10:22 pm

dudemon wrote:My son does extra skills. I am sure there must be some coaches out there who still emphasize their kids' development while still trying to win. Who are those coaches, though?

I agree with the above posters. If you want a "team" coach to develop your boy's skills, you prob need to have him on a PA team like FCD that practices every day. Or get him into the City Futsal Residency. Otherwise you need to get a skills coach for individual skills, and what you are really looking for from a team coach is someone who can teach your player insight into game play and identify what your player should be working on to improve his individual game. But the actual work for those individual skills will be on his own, and from skills training away from team training.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/17/2013, 10:50 pm

dudemon wrote:My son does extra skills. I am sure there must be some coaches out there who still emphasize their kids' development while still trying to win. Who are those coaches, though?
so whats wrong with olali and your ayses team if i may ask? hes suppoe to be great at skills and development?
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 4/18/2013, 8:50 am

Find one that does not charge a $$. Who works with children because he or she loves the game.

In this town? Good luck with that.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ICThelight 4/18/2013, 10:14 am

Rightback wrote:

Find one that does not charge a $$. Who works with children because he or she loves the game.

In this town? Good luck with that.

And what town would you suggest then? The good ones are getting paid, by someone.

ICThelight
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/18/2013, 10:20 am

LMAO they said "skills coach" I can see bb's slumpy shoulders and pouty face now, whining "I just want to play"

I "good" coach has to develope the individual not just the tactics. The tactics are limited to the ability of the players to pull it off. A team is limited by the ability of its players. A good coach knows this and spends time improving his players the other coach just puts on his snake oil salesman suit and recruits better players.

Most "skills" coaches are just salesman to fleece the pockets of well heeled parents. You could get the same effect by popping in a footability DVD. But the kid learns a few dribbles and touches on the ball that parents can see so looks like money well spent. I see kids every weekend break into a dribble move for no apparent reason and think "Mom and dad spent a lot on that move". BB does jr high soccer for fun and has 4 kids on the team who can dribble the ball like crazy. They have no idea of where to be or what they should be doing. Never played a day of organized soccer because parents can't afford too. They all have great ball skill and suprise, surprise no skills coach.

Find a coach who's team plays an attractive style of soccer. Check out a practice and see if he working on things for different players or if he is only fixing the problem. If he has a ton of cones out with static drills then run as fast as you can, unless you plan to play in a league against cones. If he has a series of small sided games to replicate game situation then you are off to a good start.

From there the soccer ball is all you need. Dribble in the living room, beat a chair, the family dog. Kick outside, find a wall, get some friends. if he won't touch his soccer ball unless there in an organized activity then he won't be very good anyway.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/18/2013, 10:25 am

go99 wrote:LMAO they said "skills coach" I can see bb's slumpy shoulders and pouty face now, whining "I just want to play"

I "good" coach has to develope the individual not just the tactics. The tactics are limited to the ability of the players to pull it off. A team is limited by the ability of its players. A good coach knows this and spends time improving his players the other coach just puts on his snake oil salesman suit and recruits better players.

Most "skills" coaches are just salesman to fleece the pockets of well heeled parents. You could get the same effect by popping in a footability DVD. But the kid learns a few dribbles and touches on the ball that parents can see so looks like money well spent. I see kids every weekend break into a dribble move for no apparent reason and think "Mom and dad spent a lot on that move". BB does jr high soccer for fun and has 4 kids on the team who can dribble the ball like crazy. They have no idea of where to be or what they should be doing. Never played a day of organized soccer because parents can't afford too. They all have great ball skill and suprise, surprise no skills coach.

Find a coach who's team plays an attractive style of soccer. Check out a practice and see if he working on things for different players or if he is only fixing the problem. If he has a ton of cones out with static drills then run as fast as you can, unless you plan to play in a league against cones. If he has a series of small sided games to replicate game situation then you are off to a good start.

From there the soccer ball is all you need. Dribble in the living room, beat a chair, the family dog. Kick outside, find a wall, get some friends. if he won't touch his soccer ball unless there in an organized activity then he won't be very good anyway.

Finally!!! Someone gives an answer that makes sense. Your boy has to be willing to work on things like dribbling and ball control on his own. You wont get it all at organized practice. There is no coach with a magic wand and presto your kid has skills. You are either born with it or work extra to develop them. My bb is always outside juggling or dribbling or destroying my wooden fence with his shots....once again Go99 you give closure to another thread!!!!

cheerscheerscheers

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 4/18/2013, 10:49 am

go99 wrote:LMAO they said "skills coach" I can see bb's slumpy shoulders and pouty face now, whining "I just want to play"

Oh, I agree about the "snake-oil" pitch given by most "skills" coaches. There are a few out there that won't try to recruit your kid. The guys at City Futsal are good (and they don't coach outdoor teams), Ferdie is good (and doesn't coach an outdoor team), there are others. Avoid any "skills coach" that currently coaches a competitive outdoor youth team. They will only try to recruit you away from your team, and you will grow weary of the continuous sales pitch.

It is good to have a professional look at your technique/ability/skill, make some basic adjustments of any flaws they see, teach the player some new skill/techniques that they can actually use - show them when and how to use it, and help your kid become better as an individual. Most of those videos don't break down the technique enough. Your player might be doing something slightly wrong in their technique that isn't real obvious unless someone actually stops and watches him play as an individual for awhile. Team coaches will do it every now and then, but they have too many kids and only an hour and a half or two twice a week - which is not enough time to be able to get to everyone and correct everyone's little issues - and still coach movement off the ball, support, game-play and insight, etc. That's why team coaches recruit the players who already have good technique - they don't have time to teach everyone that comes along the basics. It might never get corrected if you don't have someone work with the player one on one - even if he does mess with the ball all day long. Look at the basketball players who play all day long at the rec centers and playgrounds throughout the country. Some of those guys play constantly and still look like crap - because they never take the time to get any one on one training to correct their bad technique. If you play every day, and do the same thing wrong over and over - you only reinforce the wrong thing you are doing.

Anyway, yea - playing is great work, looking at DVDs can help, but every serious athlete needs personal skills coach to take a look at their technique/skill - one on one - from time to time to help them out. And it is more than just the team coach.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/18/2013, 11:11 am

R1 wrote:

Oh, I agree about the "snake-oil" pitch given by most "skills" coaches. There are a few out there that won't try to recruit your kid. The guys at City Futsal are good (and they don't coach outdoor teams), Ferdie is good (and doesn't coach an outdoor team), there are others. Avoid any "skills coach" that currently coaches a competitive outdoor youth team. They will only try to recruit you away from your team, and you will grow weary of the continuous sales pitch.

It is good to have a professional look at your technique/ability/skill, make some basic adjustments of any flaws they see, teach the player some new skill/techniques that they can actually use - show them when and how to use it, and help your kid become better as an individual. Most of those videos don't break down the technique enough. Your player might be doing something slightly wrong in their technique that isn't real obvious unless someone actually stops and watches him play as an individual for awhile. Team coaches will do it every now and then, but they have too many kids and only an hour and a half or two twice a week - which is not enough time to be able to get to everyone and correct everyone's little issues - and still coach movement off the ball, support, game-play and insight, etc. That's why team coaches recruit the players who already have good technique - they don't have time to teach everyone that comes along the basics. It might never get corrected if you don't have someone work with the player one on one - even if he does mess with the ball all day long. Look at the basketball players who play all day long at the rec centers and playgrounds throughout the country. Some of those guys play constantly and still look like crap - because they never take the time to get any one on one training to correct their bad technique. If you play every day, and do the same thing wrong over and over - you only reinforce the wrong thing you are doing.

Anyway, yea - playing is great work, looking at DVDs can help, but every serious athlete needs personal skills coach to take a look at their technique/skill - one on one - from time to time to help them out. And it is more than just the team coach.

Agree.

Although getting 'objective' feedback is very difficult.

At the younger ages, ball control/first touch and dribbling should be the focus. Receiving the ball being first.

If you can't control the ball well, it doesn't matter how good a dribbler you are.

I've just watched hours of raw video footage. It is a great eye opener. Now I know full well what my son's relative technical/tactical advantages and disadvantages are.

It's a blessing.

Finally, remember, a player's technical ability is something that has to be improved outside of team training. That's reality.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/18/2013, 11:14 am

Messi has those "flaws", Neymar has flaws. Ronaldo doesn't have those "adjustments. These "professional" that will adjust things have little to no record of success. If you learn all of "their" little corrections you can become just as good as them. How many of their adjustments are playing in europe in top leagues? What is their frame of reference for knowing what is "right" Neymar loves to cut inside by knocking the ball behind and across him with the bottom of his foot. C Ronaldo chops the ball behind and accross him with the side of his foot. Which one is correct? Most Skills coaches are snake oil salesman because they sell you something that isn't real. Now the futsal guys are great they give you more chances to play.

Now as far as backetball goes, the pro game is littered with kids who grew up, honed and developed their game on the playgrounds of america not in the skill sessions of coaches. Thats why their game all has its idiosycracies and flaws.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 4/18/2013, 11:42 am

The correct technique is what is best for you as a player and works not what works for your neighbor. We all have different body built with variations in size, angle of the knees, flexibility of the ankles and so on. Therefore you must develop the best technique for you as a player and go with what works and change what doesn't work. And that requires many hours of practice and experimenting. There are certain fundamentals that apply to all players but need to keep in mind the physical differencies.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 4/18/2013, 11:48 am

go99 wrote:Messi has those "flaws", Neymar has flaws. Ronaldo doesn't have those "adjustments. These "professional" that will adjust things have little to no record of success. If you learn all of "their" little corrections you can become just as good as them. How many of their adjustments are playing in europe in top leagues? What is their frame of reference for knowing what is "right" Neymar loves to cut inside by knocking the ball behind and across him with the bottom of his foot. C Ronaldo chops the ball behind and accross him with the side of his foot. Which one is correct? Most Skills coaches are snake oil salesman because they sell you something that isn't real. Now the futsal guys are great they give you more chances to play.

Now as far as backetball goes, the pro game is littered with kids who grew up, honed and developed their game on the playgrounds of america not in the skill sessions of coaches. Thats why their game all has its idiosycracies and flaws.

Those playground players never make it to the NBA. Only the ones who actually get real training make it. What playground player made it?

Messi - went to Barcelona at what age (11 years old - LIVING THERE across the Atlantic Ocean) - you don't think they taught him any technique, or helped him hone his skill from age 11 on?

Cristiano Ronaldo - started training with professional trainers at 10 or 11 years old - with Sporting CP - training in their Academy program where you go to school there and train there every day - again, plenty of skill/technique training - there was no 2 hour practices twice a week there.

Neymar - he was signed with Santos FC at age 11 (surprise surprise - seems to be a running theme here). They live in dormatories and go to school at Santos FC's academy - training every day.

So from age 11 on, those three listed don't seem to have had much time to play "street soccer" - as they were getting professional training every day.

Now again, tell me what great basketball player never got any skills training and went on to be a dominant NBA player? There may be some, but I can't think of any.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/18/2013, 11:52 am

exactly! Kid need to get his soccer ball and play with it, experiment. Find places he can play without fear of failure. Play a game where "how" you score is way more important than how many times you score. Go to city futsal, sole roll, DSC, world cup. And if some guy who calls himself coach tells you you can't do it that way just run away yelling "stranger danger"
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/18/2013, 12:14 pm

R1 wrote:
go99 wrote:Messi has those "flaws", Neymar has flaws. Ronaldo doesn't have those "adjustments. These "professional" that will adjust things have little to no record of success. If you learn all of "their" little corrections you can become just as good as them. How many of their adjustments are playing in europe in top leagues? What is their frame of reference for knowing what is "right" Neymar loves to cut inside by knocking the ball behind and across him with the bottom of his foot. C Ronaldo chops the ball behind and accross him with the side of his foot. Which one is correct? Most Skills coaches are snake oil salesman because they sell you something that isn't real. Now the futsal guys are great they give you more chances to play.

Those playground players never make it to the NBA. Only the ones who actually get real training make it. What playground player made it?

Messi - went to Barcelona at what age (11 years old - LIVING THERE across the Atlantic Ocean) - you don't think they taught him any technique, or helped him hone his skill from age 11 on?

Cristiano Ronaldo - started training with professional trainers at 10 or 11 years old - with Sporting CP - training in their Academy program where you go to school there and train there every day - again, plenty of skill/technique training - there was no 2 hour practices twice a week there.

Neymar - he was signed with Santos FC at age 11 (surprise surprise - seems to be a running theme here). They live in dormatories and go to school at Santos FC's academy - training every day.

So from age 11 on, those three listed don't seem to have had much time to play "street soccer" - as they were getting professional training every day.

Now again, tell me what great basketball player never got any skills training and went on to be a dominant NBA player? There may be some, but I can't think of any.

All of those soccer players got there "because" of their great skill. They didn't bring messi to Barca because of his fabulous haircut or because they needed tiny players who need expensive medical treatment. If they had developed his skills they would have given him a right foot. Neymar was a prodigy whe Santos took him that is why they took him. C ronaldo honed his skills on the streets. These academies are not like here you can't buy your way in. All of those people got into those academies because of the exceptional skill they already had. Look at the neighborhoods that NBA players come from, bastions of streetball. Most of them grew up playing basketball on local courts. But just to name one that pops to mind Jalen Rose. AAU doesn't make basketball players, it discovers talented ones. Now tell me one basketball player or soccer player who didn't grow up with the ball at his hand or feet all of the time. Tell me one who was "developed" by his skills coach. Not at 10 or 11 when he is already good.

I read an article once that said the reason we don't develope a messi in the US is because we coach to a negative value. We look for whats wrong. That they would have taken a Messi and told him no you have to do that with your right foot, or this has to be done this way or that way. They would have rounded off all of the edges that made him special. While he may have had a better right foot he would have become exceptionally average.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 4/18/2013, 12:32 pm

go99 wrote:
R1 wrote:

All of those soccer players got there "because" of their great skill. They didn't bring messi to Barca because of his fabulous haircut or because they needed tiny players who need expensive medical treatment. If they had developed his skills they would have given him a right foot. Neymar was a prodigy whe Santos took him that is why they took him. C ronaldo honed his skills on the streets. These academies are not like here you can't buy your way in. All of those people got into those academies because of the exceptional skill they already had. Look at the neighborhoods that NBA players come from, bastions of streetball. Most of them grew up playing basketball on local courts. But just to name one that pops to mind Jalen Rose. AAU doesn't make basketball players, it discovers talented ones. Now tell me one basketball player or soccer player who didn't grow up with the ball at his hand or feet all of the time. Tell me one who was "developed" by his skills coach. Not at 10 or 11 when he is already good.

I read an article once that said the reason we don't develope a messi in the US is because we coach to a negative value. We look for whats wrong. That they would have taken a Messi and told him no you have to do that with your right foot, or this has to be done this way or that way. They would have rounded off all of the edges that made him special. While he may have had a better right foot he would have become exceptionally average.

Yep, by age 11 they already were fully developed and never learned anything new. Could have been just as good just staying home and playing in the street.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/18/2013, 12:44 pm

no they took talent and taught them how to play organized soccer. It's actually called coaching. I never said you don't need coaching. Learning mastery and control of the ball is different than learning to play soccer. I don't know if you know Reggie Miller, one of the great Bball shooters. He said he learned his unorthadox shot because his sister was bigger than him and she always blocked his shot. He had to learn to shoot over her. Nobody in the world would teach you to shoot that way. But just because he learned to shoot really well doesn't mean he can be effective. The coach has to teach him the game. And that takes us back to the topic. Find a coach that can teach your kid the game, how to recognize, read, and react in the game. You kid should be able to gain mastery over the ball on his own.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 4/18/2013, 12:46 pm

Just curious. Where do the great centerbacks, outside backs and defensive mids come from?

Everyone brings up the attacking prodigies. They are much easier to spot at a young age.

There's a kid that just turned 18 that plays for PSG. A holding mid primarily. (On loan to Toulose right now.) Rabiot is his name. Was considered 'not good enough' for Clairefonntaine. Later picked up and released by Man City.

Yet, at 17 he was getting first team minutes at a top club.

This is very common. Jordi Alba was at Barca's academy and was released. Now he's back and is contributing.

The point is it takes different sets of skills to play the game. Not every kid is going to be a world class attacker.

Although I agree that up until 15, technique should be top priority. And technique isn't just dribbling and taking people on. It's control/first touch, passing and heading.

Just like any other sport you can only teach the fundamentals. The rest is the player's hard work and experimentation.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next