Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Rush Soccer Club Officially moves into DFW - Page 6 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Rush Soccer Club Officially moves into DFW

+43
Ed
Maradona
Speedy Gonzales
liverpoolacademykeller
giampiero boniperti
Rock
sukiakiman
nearpost95
getafe01
Rancho4C
soccerlvr
Yak Attack
ShastaTx
donotquestion
madisonmyers
EOB
cowpukesfan
BR549
03lovingsoccer
off_the_woodwork
Number13
KarateChop
tni12001
betterthanever
finish1
4theluvofthegame
ontherightside
BTMason
camjr
my2cents
Laimport
Se La Perdio
CincoB
NTskeptic
The German
omega striker
Freeatlast
Soccerinsanity
rocketpop
standonhead
PitchBound
allen04
odie1993
47 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rush Soccer Club Officially moves into DFW - Page 6 Empty Re: Rush Soccer Club Officially moves into DFW

Post by Rancho4C 6/26/2013, 9:06 am

rdeal486 wrote:
sukiakiman wrote:http://dallasrushsoccer.com/index.php/7-front-page-slides/36-dallas-rush-welcomes-two-new-director-s-of-coaching

Is it just me or does anyone else think its sad that these former pro's are coaching young kids?  I don't even want to mention they are probably earning the equivalent of a McDonalds drive thru employee?

Remember kids, get an education first and play sports second.

Most coaches that I know are coaching on the side and have a professional career or a good paying job outside of soccer. Heck one of our coaches owns his own business is very successful. cheers Yes, there are some pro players that only teach soccer for a living and do well, others not so much. IMO, most of your good coaches are there because they love the sport and want to teach it to the kiddos and not because this is their last or only resort to make some cash.

Rancho4C
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Rush Soccer Club Officially moves into DFW - Page 6 Empty Re: Rush Soccer Club Officially moves into DFW

Post by soccerlvr 6/26/2013, 9:26 am

Having only coached rec teams, I've still found it very rewarding seeing kids overcome their weaknesses and improving. Few things compare to seeing how proud a young boy/girl become when they figure out a skill, score a goal, etc.

I think if you can get paid for it and be able to make a living with it, all the best.

One thing many arm chair atheletes forget, is pro-level atheletes know they have accomplished something amazing and don't feel they have to compete with the Jones' to have the latest vehicle. At some point in their lives they have had what many could only dream of whether (beautiful women/money/celebrity).

Cheers!

soccerlvr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by giampiero boniperti 6/26/2013, 9:54 am

Soccerinsanity wrote:A lot of the coaches also have "real" jobs.

But for the ones that only do soccer, if you add up what a major club pays them per team, then the "bonus kids" fees from academy...and compare it to the hours they work, they are making okay money to do what they love to do.  

The last time we added it up with a FCD coach, he was making just a little less than a public school teacher.  

are you only counting hours spent at games and practices, or are you also accounting for hours spent making phone calls, sending emails, planning sessions and homework assignments, writing player reviews....and so on?

how much time spent on the above also depends on the coach, a good coach spends alot of time, sometimes every hour of their day dealing with the above, I would also argue that if your coach is full time and does not have a day job, you should expect a higher level of dedication

Last edited by giampiero boniperti on 6/26/2013, 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

giampiero boniperti
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 6/26/2013, 10:15 am

giampiero boniperti wrote:
Soccerinsanity wrote:A lot of the coaches also have "real" jobs.

But for the ones that only do soccer, if you add up what a major club pays them per team, then the "bonus kids" fees from academy...and compare it to the hours they work, they are making okay money to do what they love to do.  

The last time we added it up with a FCD coach, he was making just a little less than a public school teacher.  

are you only counting hours spent at games and practices, or are you also accounting for hours spent making phone calls, sending emails, planning sessions and homework assignments, writing player reviews....and so on?

how much time spent on the above also depends on the coach, a good coach spends alot of time, sometimes every hour of their day dealing with the above, I would also argue that if your coach is full time and does not have a day job, you should expect a higher level of dedication

Very, very few coaches give written reviews or homework that is turned in and reviewed. Almost none do their own emails or are open to recieving many phone calls. They dump that on the volunteer managers. So no I do not believe most coaches spend much time at all on it outside of practices, games and planning for both of those. Planning a game strategy and planning practices really should not involve too much time for a seasoned coach.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by giampiero boniperti 6/26/2013, 10:37 am

well I gess if you have a coach that does these things you should feel very lucky

alot of crappy coaches out there and parents that don't know what to look for...you get what you pay for...or not

giampiero boniperti
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop 6/26/2013, 10:51 am

giampiero boniperti wrote:well I gess if you have a coach that does these things you should feel very lucky

alot of crappy coaches out there and parents that don't know what to look for...you get what you pay for...or not

I must be lucky then, both my BB and DD's coaches gives us at least a yearly player review.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 6/26/2013, 12:38 pm

giampiero boniperti wrote:well I gess if you have a coach that does these things you should feel very lucky

A written review is not the measure of good coaching, after all is is not in the coach's best interest to give a negative review as that can reflect negatively on his ability to develop a player. If you get a written review there really should not be any big surprises if you have been paying attention to your BB's quality of play during the year. The only reviews that I have ever found interesting are ones from coaches that are not really familiar with the player and have no financial interest involved. IMO homework for soccer, outside of practicing at home, is usually pointless. They get enough written homework at school.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by liverpoolacademykeller 6/26/2013, 1:33 pm

lol

liverpoolacademykeller
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/26/2013, 1:38 pm

my2cents wrote:
Very, very few coaches give written reviews or homework that is turned in and reviewed. Almost none do their own emails or are open to recieving many phone calls. They dump that on the volunteer managers.  So no I do not believe most coaches spend much time at all on it outside of practices, games and planning for both of those. Planning a game strategy and planning practices really should not involve too much time for a seasoned coach.

It helps if your coach is actually literate.  Very Happy
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 6/26/2013, 2:02 pm

... in your language.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by KarateChop 6/27/2013, 7:14 pm

Getting kind of late with July 1 hitting start of next week. How many teams per age group are confirmed? Anyone know? 02 and younger...
KarateChop
KarateChop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/27/2013, 9:35 pm

Last I heard there were 3 confirmed coaches...3 teams? Not the close to 30 that they said they were going to have, unless of course, that's going to be a merger after July 1st?!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tni12001 6/28/2013, 8:48 am

Soccerinsanity wrote:Last I heard there were 3 confirmed coaches...3 teams?  Not the close to 30 that they said they were going to have, unless of course, that's going to be a merger after July 1st?!

Keep checking here:
http://dallasrushsoccer.com/index.php/staff
I would assume, at the least, these coaches are bringing teams from previous clubs. I know mine has 3. It will be interesting to see this list after July 1.

Last edited by tni12001 on 6/28/2013, 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)

tni12001
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 6/28/2013, 9:14 am

tni12001 wrote:
Soccerinsanity wrote:Last I heard there were 3 confirmed coaches...3 teams?  Not the close to 30 that they said they were going to have, unless of course, that's going to be a merger after July 1st?!

Keep checking here:
I would assume, at the least, these coaches are bringing teams from previous clubs. I know mine has 3. It will be interesting to see this list after July 1.

The jury is still out and will be out for a very long time. The grass is always greener and people like to look at something new with the hope that it may offer something better. However, until the club can consistently demonstrate that they are true to the stated philosophy of their club or their program than they are NO different than what is already available in NTX. Review of their website simply shows that this club has hired a few coaches, some of whom have a track record for coaching at many different clubs (the so-called mercenary or hired independent coach or independent contractor) or attracted a coach or two who may have just been fired from their old club. Review of the published bios is extremely unimpressive, except for that of Keri Stark. She seems to have a rather professional appearing CV and one that looks like she is the real deal. Other than that, the bios are either poorly written or absolutely NO different from what is currently out there. On a professional resume', I could care less if you played against Diego Maradona in some charity tournament. That is a nice conversation piece, but not "professional" enough to list in a CV.

I hope that the Rush program develops into its stated philosophy. I am all for improving the current state of things. I have no issue with new clubs or new programs coming into the area as one OP suggests in another topic on the forum. Competition for the consumer improves (or at least should) quality and cost. Is that not what a free market economy suggests? I am simply old and cynical, however. I don't see this thing as being any different than what is out there and it is simply an alternative for those disenchanted parents, players or coaches. I hope I am wrong.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/28/2013, 9:20 am

getafe01 wrote:
tni12001 wrote:

Keep checking here:

The jury is still out and will be out for a very long time.  The grass is always greener and people like to look at something new with the hope that it may offer something better.  However, until the club can consistently demonstrate that they are true to the stated philosophy of their club or their program than they are NO different than what is already available in NTX.  Review of their website simply shows that this club has hired a few coaches, some of whom have  a track record for coaching at many different clubs (the so-called mercenary or hired independent coach or independent contractor) or attracted a coach or two who may have just been fired from their old club.  Review of the published bios is extremely unimpressive, except for that of Keri Stark.  She seems to have a rather professional appearing CV and one that looks like she is the real deal.  Other than that, the bios are either poorly written or absolutely NO different from what is currently out there.  On a professional resume', I could care less if you played against Diego Maradona in some charity tournament.  That is a nice conversation piece, but not "professional" enough to list in a CV.

I hope that the Rush program develops into its stated philosophy.  I am all for improving the current state of things.   I have no issue with new clubs or new programs coming into the area as one OP suggests in another topic on the forum.  Competition for the consumer improves (or at least should) quality and cost.  Is that not what a free market economy suggests?  I am simply old and cynical, however.  I don't see this thing as being any different than what is out there and it is simply an alternative for those disenchanted parents, players or coaches.  I hope I am wrong.

What difference does it make if someone played with Maradona in a charity or professionally when youre coaching?  It all comes down to if you can coach, playing history shouldnt be a de-facto.  I say lets add more clubs, more coaches, and continue to water down an already struggling market.  First we need the kids, then the clubs.  Or is it "build it and they will come".  I forget as I am old and cynical as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 6/28/2013, 11:35 am

rdeal486 wrote:
getafe01 wrote:
tni12001 wrote:

Keep checking here:

The jury is still out and will be out for a very long time.  The grass is always greener and people like to look at something new with the hope that it may offer something better.  However, until the club can consistently demonstrate that they are true to the stated philosophy of their club or their program than they are NO different than what is already available in NTX.  Review of their website simply shows that this club has hired a few coaches, some of whom have  a track record for coaching at many different clubs (the so-called mercenary or hired independent coach or independent contractor) or attracted a coach or two who may have just been fired from their old club.  Review of the published bios is extremely unimpressive, except for that of Keri Stark.  She seems to have a rather professional appearing CV and one that looks like she is the real deal.  Other than that, the bios are either poorly written or absolutely NO different from what is currently out there.  On a professional resume', I could care less if you played against Diego Maradona in some charity tournament.  That is a nice conversation piece, but not "professional" enough to list in a CV.

I hope that the Rush program develops into its stated philosophy.  I am all for improving the current state of things.   I have no issue with new clubs or new programs coming into the area as one OP suggests in another topic on the forum.  Competition for the consumer improves (or at least should) quality and cost.  Is that not what a free market economy suggests?  I am simply old and cynical, however.  I don't see this thing as being any different than what is out there and it is simply an alternative for those disenchanted parents, players or coaches.  I hope I am wrong.

What difference does it make if someone played with Maradona in a charity or professionally when youre coaching?  It all comes down to if you can coach, playing history shouldnt be a de-facto.  I say lets add more clubs, more coaches, and continue to water down an already struggling market.  First we need the kids, then the clubs.  Or is it "build it and they will come".  I forget as I am old and cynical as well.

That is exactly what I was writing. I could care less if you played with Maradona. My point was that if Rush was taking it up a notch and trying to give the impression that they are real PROFESSIONALS, I did not find the bios professionally organized. Moreover, you have to prove it with actions, which speak louder than words. I hope they prove me wrong that they are not just the same ole song and dance or the same old dog and pony show, which from their website and hires would suggest to me. Free market economy suggests that the strong survive for a reason, they weed out the crap. I have no issue with more clubs, just means more choices for the consumer!
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerlvr 6/28/2013, 11:57 am

Getafe01 - I think all coaches bios are worthless.  Saying you played x number of years at y number of places is meaningless.  It's being able to translate your knowledge into instruction and motivation to get kids to learn the game.

Ideally a measure of progress showing kids improvement while under their watch would be best, then couple it from a team results perspective.  So if a coach could say their 03 team came in 1&2nd place the past 3 years with the 90% of the same roster, I would be impressed.

likewise, I really don't care about getting A level or D level coaching certification... Makes me think that we should have a forum like this for teachers, so they get put under such scrutiny.  i.e.  www.txmath.info.  LOL.

soccerlvr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman 6/28/2013, 12:12 pm

I am great full there is another in coming to town. It is cheaper and will have better facilities than most and already has some very good coaches on staff. Competition from clubs new and old is good for everyone.

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 6/28/2013, 12:29 pm

soccerlvr wrote:Getafe01 - I think all coaches bios are worthless.  Saying you played x number of years at y number of places is meaningless.  It's being able to translate your knowledge into instruction and motivation to get kids to learn the game.

Ideally a measure of progress showing kids improvement while under their watch would be best, then couple it from a team results perspective.  So if a coach could say their 03 team came in 1&2nd place the past 3 years with the 90% of the same roster, I would be impressed.

likewise, I really don't care about getting A level or D level coaching certification... Makes me think that we should have a forum like this for teachers, so they get put under such scrutiny.  i.e.  www.txmath.info.  LOL.

So, only coaches that finish 1 or 2 with virtually the same roster for 3 straight years impresses you?  "90% of the same roster" would be losing less than 2 kids per year for a 16 to 18 man roster.    There is ALWAYS a couple of kids who are not happy with play time or whose parents don't like the way the coach "yelled at my baby."  Show me any team that lost only 1 kid per year for 3 straight years and I'll be impressed and bow out of this discussion.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/28/2013, 12:31 pm

So what teams are these coaches bringing? Ages? And League?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by sukiakiman 6/28/2013, 12:43 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:So what teams are these coaches bringing?  Ages?  And League?

Gall is bringing his 04b and 07 boys. Stark is bringing his 05 dynamo 05 team and two 02 girl teams

sukiakiman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/28/2013, 12:47 pm

So they will start young and grow the club up....Smart idea....

But still not seeing the 30 teams that they were telling people when the announcement was first made.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Maradona 6/28/2013, 2:15 pm

getafe01 wrote:
rdeal486 wrote:
getafe01 wrote:
tni12001 wrote:

Keep checking here:

That is exactly what I was writing.  I could care less if you played with Maradona.  My point was that if Rush was taking it up a notch and trying to give the impression that they are real PROFESSIONALS, I did not find the bios  professionally organized.  Moreover, you have to prove it with actions, which speak louder than words.  I hope they prove me wrong that they are not just the same ole song and dance or the same old dog and pony show, which from their website and hires would suggest to me.  Free market economy suggests that the strong survive for a reason, they weed out the crap.  I have no issue with more clubs, just means more choices for the consumer!

...read my sn somewhere above :-)....some parents are easily impressed with CV....i.e. Brazilian coach who played on national futsal team or Irish guy who claims to have played professionally.....a subset of them is even happy to lavishly spend 3K a year on these guys...to each..... Bottom line: can my bb learn from these yellers?

Maradona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop 6/28/2013, 2:25 pm

There are more coaches than those list on the website. I can not say why they are not list because I do not know. For example Eddy Kovarik is also a coach and is bringing teams to Rush. As of today I have heard that there is about 23 teams playing for Rush which inculde select and academy teams.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/28/2013, 2:31 pm

So are those other 19 coaches telling their potential recruits that they will be under a new team name????
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop 6/28/2013, 2:31 pm

Oh Sorry. I just noticed that they have add Eddie to the site...

rocketpop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next