Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Rush Soccer Club Officially moves into DFW - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Rush Soccer Club Officially moves into DFW

+43
Ed
Maradona
Speedy Gonzales
liverpoolacademykeller
giampiero boniperti
Rock
sukiakiman
nearpost95
getafe01
Rancho4C
soccerlvr
Yak Attack
ShastaTx
donotquestion
madisonmyers
EOB
cowpukesfan
BR549
03lovingsoccer
off_the_woodwork
Number13
KarateChop
tni12001
betterthanever
finish1
4theluvofthegame
ontherightside
BTMason
camjr
my2cents
Laimport
Se La Perdio
CincoB
NTskeptic
The German
omega striker
Freeatlast
Soccerinsanity
rocketpop
standonhead
PitchBound
allen04
odie1993
47 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Rush Soccer Club Officially moves into DFW - Page 2 Empty Re: Rush Soccer Club Officially moves into DFW

Post by BTMason 5/30/2013, 4:26 pm

ontherightside wrote:
BTMason wrote:According to the DA representative from Region 3 Texas has all the teams they are going to get. Also, There are quite a few clubs from OK that would be allowed into Region 3 DA before another would be added from DFW.[justify]

BT - do you have contact info for the Region 3 DA rep.? I have a question for him.

I do... However posting it here is probably not the best idea. Your welcome to give me a ring so we are not dealing with so much anonymity.

817-374-3735

BTMason
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Rush Soccer Club Officially moves into DFW - Page 2 Empty Re: Rush Soccer Club Officially moves into DFW

Post by allen04 6/3/2013, 7:30 am

http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=681850

Does gotsoccer make it official? Very Happy
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 6/3/2013, 10:48 am

allen04 wrote:http://home.gotsoccer.com/rankings/team.aspx?TeamID=681850

Does gotsoccer make it official? Very Happy

Nice photo shop job.

lol!
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 6/3/2013, 12:11 pm

http://www.rushsoccer.com/index.php/7-front-page-slides/1220-dallas-club-joins-rush-nation
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 6/3/2013, 1:13 pm

odie1993 wrote:http://www.rushsoccer.com/index.php/7-front-page-slides/1220-dallas-club-joins-rush-nation

I hope Ian Stover is good at paperwork, cause as a coach and developer he suxxx. My kids did that soccer shots thing before and that was the biggest joke, as a mom I could have done better after watching a soccer video on how to teach young kids. Can't believe Rush couldnt get a better person than him to run their club.
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 6/3/2013, 1:15 pm

4theluvofthegame wrote:
odie1993 wrote:http://www.rushsoccer.com/index.php/7-front-page-slides/1220-dallas-club-joins-rush-nation

I hope Ian Stover is good at paperwork, cause as a coach and developer he suxxx. My kids did that soccer shots thing before and that was the biggest joke, as a mom I could have done better after watching a soccer video on how to teach young kids. Can't believe Rush couldnt get a better person than him to run their club.

I know he has done a good job running Frisco so hopefully that is all he is doing.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 6/3/2013, 1:40 pm

Dang, 4TLOG, you're saying that apple is rotten at the core. If that's true, then it will hinder their progress.

Rush plays a good brand of soccer that focuses on shape and movement. I've seen several teams play from different states and they seem to share a common style. Implementing that among many pre-existing teams could be challenging. Good discipline starts at the top.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by 4theluvofthegame 6/3/2013, 1:44 pm

finish1 wrote:Dang, 4TLOG, you're saying that apple is rotten at the core. If that's true, then it will hinder their progress.

Rush plays a good brand of soccer that focuses on shape and movement. I've seen several teams play from different states and they seem to share a common style. Implementing that among many pre-existing teams could be challenging. Good discipline starts at the top.

I re read the article and it says he is head of operations. That doesnt sound like he will be in charge of developing players, so the club may still have a chance to be good Surprised
4theluvofthegame
4theluvofthegame
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by betterthanever 6/3/2013, 2:59 pm

My son did soccer shots and if I recall it was sold as for first time kids soccer. I agree it wasn't on par with meatheads like me and possibly you, but at the same time upon reflection the 8 classes or whatever it was was great to get 4 year olds and other first timers to engage and participate without kicking and screaming about going to practice.

FWIW, the guy was very engaged and IMO I would think it would be exhausting trying to coach 4 year olds. I would think he could translate this engagement easily if needed.

Wink

betterthanever
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 6/3/2013, 4:50 pm

So where are the 25 teams that were advertised? So far I think one has been mentioned.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by tni12001 6/3/2013, 9:25 pm

It's with some trepidation that I post this, but you 03 folks seem like a reasonable lot:)
First, I'll forgo the anonymous avatar/screen name. I'm Travis Irwin, current manager
of Thorsten Scmugge's Dallas Rush 03B team. It's not a job I wanted, you managers
out there can relate, I'm guessing. But one perk(or not) of being a manager is that you sometimes
are given information you'd rather not know. Such is the case with the topic of this thread.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very hopeful about the recent events for my team. I have no
reason to think otherwise. Every bit of news I was given has turned out to be true.
I just didn't relish keeping info from people I respect.

And to the question of "where are the 25 teams", I can only say it's yet another bit
that has been confirmed to me. If everything I've been told comes to be, I'll be over
the moon. But, as Odie(prolific poster here) said, we need to wait and see. BTW,
Odie and his TFC boys have been good friends to our team and deserve thanks.

I'll close with a note about Toto, our coach. He took a leap of faith coming over
from Germany two years ago. And in my opinion, was given a losing hand from
TFC from day one. His 03 team was a hand me down Rec team that it appears no one
within TFC admin had an interest in really developing. We received a LOT of lip
service from the directors about infusions of walk on players etc..., but sadly in the 2
years we were there, not a single player was offered. We did our best, even recruiting
players ourselves that were summarily placed on other better connected TFC teams.
Toto, through all of this, simply did what a good coach does: develop his players. The
boys have blossomed under him, and thanks to him and less myopic coaches at TFC
like Volkan Ozcomert, we feel confident in our teams direction.

Last edited by tni12001 on 6/4/2013, 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : punctuation)

tni12001
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by KarateChop 6/3/2013, 11:45 pm

tni12001 wrote:It's with some trepidation that I post this, but you 03 folks seem like a reasonable lot:)
First, I'll forgo the anonymous avatar/screen name. I'm Travis Irwin, current manager
of Thorsten Scmugge's Dallas Rush 03B team. It's not a job I wanted, you managers
out there can relate, I'm guessing. But one perk(or not) of being a manager is that you sometimes
are given information you'd rather not know. Such is the case with the topic of this thread.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very hopeful about the recent events for my team. I have no
reason to think otherwise. Every bit of news I was given has turned out to be true.
I just didn't relish keeping info from people I respect.

And to the question of "where are the 25 teams", I can only say it's yet another bit
that has been confirmed to me. If everything I've been told comes to be Ill be over
the moon. But, as Odie(prolific poster here) said, we need to wait and see. BTW,
Odie and his TFC boys have been good friends to our team and deserve thanks.

I'll close with a note about Toto, our coach. He took a leap of faith coming over
TFC from day one. His 03 team was a hand me down Rec team that it appears no one
service from the directors about infusions of walk on players etc..., but sadly in the 2
years we were there, not a single player was offered. We did our best, even recruiting
players ourselves that we're summarily placed on other better connected TFC teams.
Toto, through all of this, simply did what a good coach does: develop his players. The

Kudos to you for the feedback. The fact that he developed what he had is a great accomplishment. Too many local teams have easy access to recruit those that have been developed the best and leave other teams to waste. Nature of things I suppose... Rush soccer has a good reputation nationally. More power to you. As someone else stated earlier in the chain, the more the merrier as it will keep some of these clubs/coaches honest.
KarateChop
KarateChop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/4/2013, 7:12 am

I can't wait to see all the fan boys "rush" over with their BB making this the 4th or 5th team they will join in 2 years span.

Good luck everyone

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/4/2013, 9:58 am

I don't see anyone "rush"ing over to them if they don't announce those other 28 teams and tell anyone where tryouts will be??? Razz

What's up with their website? First website I've ever seen where the "Coaches" names are restricted...Usually teams are advertising their big names!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 6/4/2013, 10:18 am

BB making this the 4th or 5th team they will join in 2 years span

I know of a couple kids that will at least guest play with them just so they can add to their collection of North Texas Club jerseys since they already own Solar, Texans, Odyssey, TFC and Liverpool ones. Rolling Eyes
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/4/2013, 11:00 am

allen04 wrote:
BB making this the 4th or 5th team they will join in 2 years span

I know of a couple kids that will at least guest play with them just so they can add to their collection of North Texas Club jerseys since they already own Solar, Texans, Odyssey, TFC and Liverpool ones. Rolling Eyes

Funny but sad, your comment has some truth to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 6/4/2013, 12:07 pm

tni12001 wrote:It's with some trepidation that I post this, but you 03 folks seem like a reasonable lot:)
are given information you'd rather not know.

players ourselves that were summarily placed on other better connected TFC teams.

’03 folk are a vile and treacherous lot. Just sayin. Still makes them more sane than most.

And being a manager is a dream job with power and payoffs unknown to mere mortals. It’s a chance to promote your own son beyond his ability and exclude others all the while controlling the flow of information….and power….and playing time….not to mention the chance to network with all the hot (and rational!) soccer moms. Its truly awesome!! I recommend everybody take a turn at it.

But in all seriousness, best of luck on your journey fellow ’03 traveller, sounds like you have a plan and a coach. That’s where I am, and that seems like a good start.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by tni12001 6/4/2013, 12:25 pm

Number13 wrote:And being a manager is a dream job with power and payoffs unknown to mere mortals. It’s a chance to promote your own son beyond his ability and exclude others all the while controlling the flow of information….and power….and playing time….not to mention the chance to network with all the hot (and rational!) soccer moms. Its truly awesome!! I recommend everybody take a turn at it.

That's a gem of a comment, N13. Now back to the lair to execute the plan.

tni12001
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop 6/5/2013, 7:30 am

They posted a Club Profile on the Dallas Rush Site.

Dallas Rush Club Profile

rocketpop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/5/2013, 9:55 am

If Rush is talking about a facility with a building, that would take 2-3 years, at least, to start from farm land. There is existing land in Allen with fields in which a club obtained the leasing rights by promising to develop and add a building. Is there a connection, or are there other existing "complexes" off 121?

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/5/2013, 10:35 am

A different press release said they are looking to "obtain land" for a complex so it doesn't sound like they have a connection...but never say never! Interesting how they have all these teams but those teams aren't having tryouts yet???? Or just not under their name?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PitchBound 6/5/2013, 11:07 am

snjn1ab wrote:If Rush is talking about a facility with a building, that would take 2-3 years, at least, to start from farm land. There is existing land in Allen with fields in which a club obtained the leasing rights by promising to develop and add a building. Is there a connection, or are there other existing "complexes" off 121?

PSA is building a new facilty in Allen, I wonder if you're looking at their new development.

EDIT:

Actually the new building is in Murphy:

http://www.psaplano.org/testsite/Home/PSAMurphy.aspx

PitchBound
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 6/5/2013, 11:24 am

SoccerCoach75025 wrote:
snjn1ab wrote:If Rush is talking about a facility with a building, that would take 2-3 years, at least, to start from farm land. There is existing land in Allen with fields in which a club obtained the leasing rights by promising to develop and add a building. Is there a connection, or are there other existing "complexes" off 121?

PSA is building a new facilty in Allen, I wonder if you're looking at their new development.

EDIT:

Actually the new building is in Murphy:

http://www.psaplano.org/testsite/Home/PSAMurphy.aspx

No, I was wondering whether there may be a connection with Andro, whether via club affiliation or sub-lease.

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop 6/5/2013, 2:39 pm

From my limited understanding, this is a brand new complex meaning starting from a blank piece of land. I have seen what the complex is supposed to look like when completed in a conceptual photo. It’s a huge complex, about 35 acres. Its shape like at wagon wheel with the club house as the hub and the 1k running track around the out edge. There will also be sand fields and grass hills for fitness training. I’m sure there are more things that I am probably leaving out.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 6/5/2013, 2:42 pm

Like teams? Razz
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketpop 6/5/2013, 2:45 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Like teams? Razz

Crying or Very sad I don't have any info on that front.

rocketpop
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next