Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

How do you feel about guest player? - Page 6 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

How do you feel about guest player?

+19
my2cents
Sprint
Offside
Soccerinsanity
Minilla
Laimport
PitchBound
soccerdadrandy
hunden97
Real Barcelona
Last.Mohican
go99
What
heyyouguys
DragonStryker
PremierLeagueFan
bigtex75081
AllPaoTeam
ayza
23 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

How do you feel about guest player? - Page 6 Empty Re: How do you feel about guest player?

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/25/2013, 10:19 pm

AllPaoTeam wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
go99 wrote:
AllPaoTeam wrote:
go99 wrote:
AllPaoTeam wrote:
go99 wrote:
AllPaoTeam wrote:Maybe Lebron could be Jim Brown like as a RB in ATF since hes as big as Dlineman and faster/quicker than most LBs... Who knows but theres really no reason for him to want to play due to injuries so we will never know... He already makes plenty of money playing a sport where it doesnt tear down his body as fast....

Fact is former BBall players like Tony Gonzalez can dominate in the NFL and hes not close to the Athletic freak that Lebron is...
Thats not a fact.  He had okay BBall stats and certianly nothing that would have taken him to the NBA.  He played both in college so not a former basketball player at all.  At 6'5" he is a tall NFL player but would be a smaller shooting guard in the NBA.  Look at charlie ward.  Heisman trophy winner who went undrafted and then went on to a very nice NBA career.
Thats exactly what I am saying, Tony wanted to play BBall, he just couldnt, same with T/O.... Randy Moss was a great H.S. BBall player and chose to play football instead. I believe Moss was the 2nd ranked H.S, BBall player that year behind Kevin Garnett... Bball takes more skill, Football athletic ability can take you father without being great in the skills... Thats why alot of people think Lebron could be a good football player if he wanted to go play in the NFL...
But if he couldn't do BBall with his abundance of gifts what makes you think he would have been able to do soccer.  What you are say IS the point.  Great athletes can probably do about anything athletic.  But they cannot be great at them all.  The lucky ones not only have that gift but they find out the sport.  The "ultimate athlete" to play and dominate all is a myth.  It's a great story to make you fell better about your own failure.  "if only"  the US national team should put that on the back of their jerseys

Soccer is more skill based... Basketball is also skill based but HT helps alot, Tony is avg size for a BBall player which doesnt have the athletic ability nor skills of his peers. I never said Tony would be a great Soccer player either.. I dont even consider him a great athlete when compared to great athlete, he found a niche...... I dont consider any TE to be great athletes, when I think of great athletes in ATF, its usually the CBs/WRs/RB and some QBs... TEs are just smaller lineman who can catch... Thats just my opinion..

None of these great athletes would be great soccer players right now because they never made the effort or gave the time like they did in their sport. Soccer is skills based, they cant just jump in and play and be all-world, just like the best athletes in the universe cant just pick up a club and be as good as Tiger Woods. There are many reasons why they chose those sports over soccer... Its our society, money among other reasons..
But also there are things like you aren't as good at soccer as you are another sport.  Just because you have the pillow soft hands of a WR doesn't mean you have the soft feet of a soccer player.  Just because you have the muscle structure and make up of an endurance athlete doesn't mean that if you work really hard you can be a sprinter.  Just because all of those athletes were great in their sport does not mean that if they focused and worked really hard they could have been great at soccer.  One of the reasons we fall short here in soccer is that while the rest of the world is looking for those "soccer" traits.  We still love for that magical "athlete" that will change it all.  And we ignore all of the things that are absolutely  neccesary.  Even in Development Academy I see so many kids with slow feet, bad touch, inabilty to control the ball with their feet.  While you can improve those things they will never catch those eventual elite players who just posses those gifts.  So they get falcao, neymar and we get altidore with bricks for feet.
because the slow footed kids dad can't buy his son a spot on the jr high bb team. that kid plays bb at the ymca. but in soccer its pay to play! so anyone with the money can and the one's without the money can't. we don't look for slow big brick footed people in america lol
So true, thats why I wouldnt doubt it if 99% of the NBA players have never even played organized soccer because most came from poor neighborhood/families. Unlike basketball courts, there isn't a ton of soccer fields out there free for anyone to play on, its not like kids can watch soccer on TV growing up and say "yes, I wanna be Pele when I grow up"...
exactly! i not slamming soccer athletes. my son is one lol. soccer time in america is coming but i just see the difference being that we are NOT casting that wide net in america yet. when every child in america considers soccer first (or at all) then we will dominate the world in soccer.

soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

How do you feel about guest player? - Page 6 Empty Re: How do you feel about guest player?

Post by go99 10/25/2013, 10:52 pm

AllPaoTeam wrote:
go99 wrote:
AllPaoTeam wrote:
go99 wrote:
AllPaoTeam wrote:
go99 wrote:
AllPaoTeam wrote:Maybe Lebron could be Jim Brown like as a RB in ATF since hes as big as Dlineman and faster/quicker than most LBs... Who knows but theres really no reason for him to want to play due to injuries so we will never know... He already makes plenty of money playing a sport where it doesnt tear down his body as fast....

Fact is former BBall players like Tony Gonzalez can dominate in the NFL and hes not close to the Athletic freak that Lebron is...
Thats not a fact.  He had okay BBall stats and certianly nothing that would have taken him to the NBA.  He played both in college so not a former basketball player at all.  At 6'5" he is a tall NFL player but would be a smaller shooting guard in the NBA.  Look at charlie ward.  Heisman trophy winner who went undrafted and then went on to a very nice NBA career.
Thats exactly what I am saying, Tony wanted to play BBall, he just couldnt, same with T/O.... Randy Moss was a great H.S. BBall player and chose to play football instead. I believe Moss was the 2nd ranked H.S, BBall player that year behind Kevin Garnett... Bball takes more skill, Football athletic ability can take you father without being great in the skills... Thats why alot of people think Lebron could be a good football player if he wanted to go play in the NFL...
But if he couldn't do BBall with his abundance of gifts what makes you think he would have been able to do soccer.  What you are say IS the point.  Great athletes can probably do about anything athletic.  But they cannot be great at them all.  The lucky ones not only have that gift but they find out the sport.  The "ultimate athlete" to play and dominate all is a myth.  It's a great story to make you fell better about your own failure.  "if only"  the US national team should put that on the back of their jerseys

Soccer is more skill based... Basketball is also skill based but HT helps alot, Tony is avg size for a BBall player which doesnt have the athletic ability nor skills of his peers. I never said Tony would be a great Soccer player either.. I dont even consider him a great athlete when compared to great athlete, he found a niche...... I dont consider any TE to be great athletes, when I think of great athletes in ATF, its usually the CBs/WRs/RB and some QBs... TEs are just smaller lineman who can catch... Thats just my opinion..

None of these great athletes would be great soccer players right now because they never made the effort or gave the time like they did in their sport. Soccer is skills based, they cant just jump in and play and be all-world, just like the best athletes in the universe cant just pick up a club and be as good as Tiger Woods. There are many reasons why they chose those sports over soccer... Its our society, money among other reasons..
But also there are things like you aren't as good at soccer as you are another sport.  Just because you have the pillow soft hands of a WR doesn't mean you have the soft feet of a soccer player.  Just because you have the muscle structure and make up of an endurance athlete doesn't mean that if you work really hard you can be a sprinter.  Just because all of those athletes were great in their sport does not mean that if they focused and worked really hard they could have been great at soccer.  One of the reasons we fall short here in soccer is that while the rest of the world is looking for those "soccer" traits.  We still love for that magical "athlete" that will change it all.  And we ignore all of the things that are absolutely  neccesary.  Even in Development Academy I see so many kids with slow feet, bad touch, inabilty to control the ball with their feet.  While you can improve those things they will never catch those eventual elite players who just posses those gifts.  So they get falcao, neymar and we get altidore with bricks for feet.
See thats the thing where I think you are wrong... As I said before, Soccer is more based on skill, if you work on it enough and really want it bad enough the skills will come ESPECIALLY if you are athletic. If you are athletic, any sport will be easier for you to grasp than someone less athletic than you at the same starting pt.

Honestly, whats the difference between learning to dribble a BBall and a Soccer ball? Its a learned skill, no one was ever born great at either of those skills. The more you practice at it the better you get at it. Gifts are guys like Lebron who are 6'8 250 ibs and can jump thru the roof and is as fast, quick and agile as 6 ft guys, those are gifts given to him in his genes.

It take time, dedication and sacrifice and you can master a skill.

Most of us work for a living, these are skills we picked up just like an athlete picking the skills necessary for their sport. I wasnt born as a programmer, when I was born, my parents didnt even know what programming was yet I became a programmer because of the skills I trained and worked for...

"Just because you have the muscle structure and make up of an endurance athlete doesn't mean that if you work really hard you can be a sprinter."  --- Yea, because u dont have the physical makeup to be a sprinter, its not a skill u can learn. I dont think you understand what I am trying to get at...
I get what you are getting at. Much of the rest of the world seems to disagree with you while much of America agrees with you. It's certianly explains all of the coaches and skill sessions. If I can just get one more session I can develope the skill. Hey pay me and I will develope the skill for your kid. You just have to work really hard and you can be messi. The reality is you can't. Some things kids work really hard to develope other kids find extremely easy. It's why we spend so much money yet get so few results. Yet kids from around the world spend nothing.

Here is the main difference. Here people with plenty to sell convince us that you just have to work hard. Your kid just needs more training, more skill sessions, speed and agility training. Just pay us more and he can work really hard and he too can be messi. Most of them really know he can't but hey no need to run off a paycheck. There the clubs pick up the cost, the coaches job depends on the players he sends forward. Scouts paychecks depend on their ability to spot that raw natural talent. They spend time and money to develope that talent and business is built on it. They have nothing to sell. It was one of the trainers from Barcelona that said about Messi's youth team. They couldn't say that they knew so many of those kids would turn out to be world class players at 11 or 14, but they can tell who won't. So there is the US idea of just train anyone athletic and the bigger and faster the better and then there is the Barcelona idea of identifying talent. One of the has a proven track record the other has a bunch of if's.

But when the US win the world cup with a bunch of 6'9" players I will admit I was wrong
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 10/25/2013, 11:08 pm

go99 wrote:
AllPaoTeam wrote:
go99 wrote:
AllPaoTeam wrote:
go99 wrote:
AllPaoTeam wrote:
go99 wrote:

See thats the thing where I think you are wrong... As I said before, Soccer is more based on skill, if you work on it enough and really want it bad enough the skills will come ESPECIALLY if you are athletic. If you are athletic, any sport will be easier for you to grasp than someone less athletic than you at the same starting pt.

Honestly, whats the difference between learning to dribble a BBall and a Soccer ball? Its a learned skill, no one was ever born great at either of those skills. The more you practice at it the better you get at it. Gifts are guys like Lebron who are 6'8 250 ibs and can jump thru the roof and is as fast, quick and agile as 6 ft guys, those are gifts given to him in his genes.

Most of us work for a living, these are skills we picked up just like an athlete picking the skills necessary for their sport. I wasnt born as a programmer, when I was born, my parents didnt even know what programming was yet I became a programmer because of the skills I trained and worked for...

"Just because you have the muscle structure and make up of an endurance athlete doesn't mean that if you work really hard you can be a sprinter."  --- Yea, because u dont have the physical makeup to be a sprinter, its not a skill u can learn. I dont think you understand what I am trying to get at...
I get what you are getting at.  Much of the rest of the world seems to disagree with you while much of America agrees with you.  It's certianly explains all of the coaches and skill sessions.  If I can just get one more session I can develope the skill.  Hey pay me and I will develope the skill for your kid.   You just have to work really hard and you can be messi.  The reality is you can't.  Some things kids work really hard to develope other kids find extremely easy.  It's why we spend so much money yet get so few results.  Yet kids from around the world spend nothing.  

Here is the main difference.  Here people with plenty to sell convince us that you just have to work hard.  Your kid just needs more training, more skill sessions, speed and agility training.  Just pay us more and he can work really hard and he too can be messi.  Most of them really know he can't but hey no need to run off a paycheck.  There the clubs pick up the cost, the coaches job depends on the players he sends forward.  Scouts paychecks depend on their ability to spot that raw natural talent.  They spend time and money to develope that talent and business is built on it.  They have nothing to sell.  It was one of the trainers from Barcelona that said about Messi's youth team.  They couldn't say that they knew so many of those kids would turn out to be world class players at 11 or 14, but they can tell who won't.  So there is the US idea of just train anyone athletic and the bigger and faster the better and then there is the Barcelona idea of identifying talent.  One of the has a proven track record the other has a bunch of if's.

But when the US win the world cup with a bunch of 6'9" players I will admit I was wrong
lol a 6ft 9'er would be a freak. but if the 5ft 9'ers knew that was as tall as they would get and didn't invest their lives into BB and AFB and played soccer their entire life: it would help our chances dramatically bounce 
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AllPaoTeam 10/26/2013, 2:10 am

Why would a 6'9 freak play soccer? He makes way more money playing BBall Smile
AllPaoTeam
AllPaoTeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 10/26/2013, 6:51 am

Being a 6'9 player will give you an advantage as soon as we put the goals 10' in the air. Allowing you to use your hands would also be a big help.

In the US we seem to have an idea that if kids would abandon other sports and play soccer (the best athletes theory) we would dominate the world. Yet we still win a huge number of Olympic medals and I don't remember being recruited into any of those sports in high school. Mexico has soccer as a national obsession and a really good domestic league...and they don't spend all of their time polishing their World Cup trophies.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/26/2013, 7:09 am

AllPaoTeam wrote:Why would a 6'9 freak play soccer? He makes way more money playing BBall Smile
because he wouldn't make more money. Only if you are limiting the soccer world to the MLS
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/26/2013, 7:25 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:
go99 wrote:
AllPaoTeam wrote:
go99 wrote:
AllPaoTeam wrote:
go99 wrote:
AllPaoTeam wrote:
go99 wrote:

I get what you are getting at.  Much of the rest of the world seems to disagree with you while much of America agrees with you.  It's certianly explains all of the coaches and skill sessions.  If I can just get one more session I can develope the skill.  Hey pay me and I will develope the skill for your kid.   You just have to work really hard and you can be messi.  The reality is you can't.  Some things kids work really hard to develope other kids find extremely easy.  It's why we spend so much money yet get so few results.  Yet kids from around the world spend nothing.  

Here is the main difference.  Here people with plenty to sell convince us that you just have to work hard.  Your kid just needs more training, more skill sessions, speed and agility training.  Just pay us more and he can work really hard and he too can be messi.  Most of them really know he can't but hey no need to run off a paycheck.  There the clubs pick up the cost, the coaches job depends on the players he sends forward.  Scouts paychecks depend on their ability to spot that raw natural talent.  They spend time and money to develope that talent and business is built on it.  They have nothing to sell.  It was one of the trainers from Barcelona that said about Messi's youth team.  They couldn't say that they knew so many of those kids would turn out to be world class players at 11 or 14, but they can tell who won't.  So there is the US idea of just train anyone athletic and the bigger and faster the better and then there is the Barcelona idea of identifying talent.  One of the has a proven track record the other has a bunch of if's.

lol a 6ft 9'er would be a freak. but if the 5ft 9'ers knew that was as tall as they would get and didn't invest their lives into BB and AFB and played soccer their entire life: it would help our chances dramatically bounce 
Hey stop trying to make sense. Yes soccer will lose some kids to sports they will never be able to play. There is a kid playing basketball right now that will never be tall enough for the game. Either he doesn't know what soccer is or he is too poor to afford the fee's. BB was kicking around with a kid years ago. The kid played basketball and I saw his parents and without a miracle he was not going to be tall enough. But first time touching a soccer ball and he was able to pull off juggles and imitate some of the moves. BB played in Jr High with a couple of kids who had great individual skill but had never seen an orginaized team like select because they can't afford it. There are kids playing football that will never have the physical size to play that game. So yes it would help increase the player pool if these players that were suited to soccer didn't go to sports that they were ill fitted for. It would also help if the cost wasn't so high that many are eliminated before they ever start. But the fact is we already have more kids playing organized soccer than almost anywhere in the world.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 5/15/2014, 11:41 am

[quote="What"]Nothing wrong with guest playing

[/quote]

@What,
It depends.
Does your coach collect guest players for a tournament, but turns around and states how much he HATES having his players guest playing on other teams?

Last edited by cowpukesfan on 5/15/2014, 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling (dank yu publik scool!))

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6