Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dual Rostering for PRE-academy Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dual Rostering for PRE-academy

5 posters

Go down

Dual Rostering for PRE-academy Empty Dual Rostering for PRE-academy

Post by soccerdadrandy 8/19/2014, 11:19 am

so let me get this straight! if a child chooses to try his hand at PA with the understanding that he can play in both classic and PA games; he is cheating? LMAO gentlemen. some of you are the same one's that didn't understand why your BB couldn't play in two leagues at u7-u12. it's just more training lol
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Dual Rostering for PRE-academy Empty Re: Dual Rostering for PRE-academy

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/19/2014, 1:17 pm

If your BB is in PA and dual rosters because he still plays every week with his Classic League team then most people shouldn't care. I think the rub is when BB dual rosters and never plays any games for his Classic League team except for one time a season when BB is called in and gives a one player football clinic to prevent his team from relegation.

Dual rostered players who are weekly contributors and train with both teams I would see them as beneficial especially if they are challenging their Classic League team to train and play at a higher tempo assuming that they are improving and developing from the PA experience.

Any way you look at it, dual rostered players are legal and many of them are developing and play less time in PA so dual rostering allows them to balance out playing time on their Classic League team. I think that there should be full disclosure of all dual rostered players so each team knows what's up regarding that particular player and can choose to sign with that team based on  that understanding.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 8/19/2014, 1:22 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:If your BB is in PA and dual rosters because he still plays every week with his Classic League team then most people shouldn't care. I think the rub is when BB dual rosters and never plays any games for his Classic League team except for one time a season when BB is called in and gives a one player football clinic to prevent his team from relegation.

Dual rostered players who are weekly contributors and train with both teams I would see them as beneficial especially if they are challenging their Classic League team to train and play at a higher tempo assuming that they are improving and developing from the PA experience.

Any way you look at it, dual rostered players are legal and many of them are developing and play less time in PA so dual rostering allows them to balance out playing time on their Classic League team. I think that there should be full disclosure of all dual rostered players so each team knows what's up regarding that particular player and can choose to sign with that team based on  that understanding.

good point. i do see the "rub" you mention and can sympathize with that position. on the other hand the loudest haters would draw a line and make those marginal players choose. that would be the end to PA/DA viability. odp is not the same BUT if players had to choose one over the other it would hurt both odp and the league.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/19/2014, 2:20 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:the loudest haters would draw a line and make those marginal players choose. that would be the end to PA/DA viability. odp is not the same BUT if players had to choose one over the other it would hurt both odp and the league.

The haters are never going to be satisfied and I agree that PA without a dual roster option would not serve either and would prevent players who are transitional from benefiting both teams. I am an advocate for ODP which is a good option for non PA/DA players to get additional games, training,  and recognition and I would argue that dual rostered ODP/Classic League players are an excellent balance.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 8/19/2014, 2:26 pm

I too, am an advocate for ODP. Which ever form of additional touches a parent/child chooses is a good thing
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/20/2014, 12:42 am

ODP sucks and should really just go away. And the mentality should be "I don't care if this kid came off the Brazil national team" I'm going to beat him or there is no way he is taking my spot. If they can't muster that kind of competitive spirit then maybe they should step down a level or take up something less competitive like shuffleboard. At least it will be easier for mommy to keep holding their skirt up for them
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/20/2014, 2:03 am

Well, there you have it, many coaches share this belief that you should hold onto the ball and prove that you can take on all players by challenging up the pitch. Many world class professional academies like Ajax don't share this belief and would prefer that a player conforms to his space on the pitch using skill as necessary to move the ball into a scoring position instead.

ODP is a non club system for training and recognition that represents another player track outside of club and it should stay and perhaps get some enhanced public funding to extend its reach to more players.

We need more diversity and a greater exchange of ideas, so we can offer player tracks that encompass the full range of options and develop players who are multidimensional.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. PK 8/26/2014, 10:56 am

I'm not sure what you're basing the statement "making marginal players choose...would be the end to PA/DA viability." First, it's not a choice for life, it's a choice for a season. If they choose PA and it doesn't work out for them for any number of reasons, there's likely several D1 or D2 teams out there that would love to have them the next season. Second, the girls have done it quite successfully with ECNL where they are forced to make a choice.

PLF also notes "the rub." To expand on that, why should the 4 clubs that have been invited/paid/politicked their way into PA/DA get the benefit of using those players to defend their Classic League D1 slots over clubs that don't have that privilege/advantage? Said PA/D1 team now has a decided roster advantage over those teams.

Mr. PK
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 8/26/2014, 11:58 am

Mr. PK wrote:I'm not sure what you're basing the statement "making marginal players choose...would be the end to PA/DA viability." First, it's not a choice for life, it's a choice for a season. If they choose PA and it doesn't work out for them for any number of reasons, there's likely several D1 or D2 teams out there that would love to have them the next season. Second, the girls have done it quite successfully with ECNL where they are forced to make a choice.

In DA we have no choice, but in PA younger players who are marginal (for PA) get a chance to "Play up" and that gives them an additional year of higher level training and some game experience that primes the pump for the next year when they may earn a starting position.

I look at it as a form of player succession and it definitely contributes to the PA team to have developing players in the mix and yes there are times they don't make it and that is proof that no method is without weakness.

The upside for them is that when they return to their D1 teams or are recruited for D2 they are usually stronger from the experience and can always try again if they want back into that system.

PA to DA is not the only way to DA and some coaches think that Classic is equally challenging and I agree that either league produces DA level players, but not with same ratios. PA should and must deliver more DA level players to remain viable, but the nature of "constant struggle" for position in Classic creates some strong talent that DA loves to steal (I mean develop) Twisted Evil
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laroja_2012 8/26/2014, 8:21 pm

Don't forget that starting at U13 (U12 for the first time this coming spring) the top 4 teams of CL qualify to play in Premier League the following year. This is an additional opportunity to play against strong teams from Oklahoma and South Texas.

Laroja_2012
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down