Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Dual rostered PA players Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Dual rostered PA players

+7
scrdad
Ed
True10
go99
my2cents
SoccerXXX
The German
11 posters

Go down

Should there be certain rules for dual rostered PA players?

Dual rostered PA players Vote_lcap36%Dual rostered PA players Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 5 ]
Dual rostered PA players Vote_lcap29%Dual rostered PA players Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 4 ]
Dual rostered PA players Vote_lcap21%Dual rostered PA players Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
Dual rostered PA players Vote_lcap0%Dual rostered PA players Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Dual rostered PA players Vote_lcap14%Dual rostered PA players Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 14

Dual rostered PA players Empty Dual rostered PA players

Post by The German 3/26/2012, 9:23 am

I heard about a case where one of the big clubs is bringing in some PA players to avoid relegation (not from D1). The same case can be made of course for promotion and maybe is done currently.
Should there be stricter rules for the clubs not to take advantage of the current system. I understand that the two leagues can't make rules for each other but ...
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Dual rostered PA players Empty Re: Dual rostered PA players

Post by SoccerXXX 3/26/2012, 9:49 am

The German wrote:I heard about a case where one of the big clubs is bringing in some PA players to avoid relegation (not from D1). The same case can be made of course for promotion and maybe is done currently.
Should there be stricter rules for the clubs not to take advantage of the current system. I understand that the two leagues can't make rules for each other but ...
This is an interesting question. When asked we are really only talking about 4 clubs and for the most part they have influence with NTX and CL. From a personal perspective my bb is not old enough yet (00, 00 born) but am interested to see a good discussion on the board about the various merits. One clarification for me though aren't the PA players supposed to be the best that the club has or recruits for the year. If so I would expect that they would be D1 caliber players (if club has D1 team). Am I correct?
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/26/2012, 9:57 am

SoccerXXX wrote:
The German wrote:I heard about a case where one of the big clubs is bringing in some PA players to avoid relegation (not from D1). The same case can be made of course for promotion and maybe is done currently.
This is an interesting question. When asked we are really only talking about 4 clubs and for the most part they have influence with NTX and CL. From a personal perspective my bb is not old enough yet (00, 00 born) but am interested to see a good discussion on the board about the various merits. One clarification for me though aren't the PA players supposed to be the best that the club has or recruits for the year. If so I would expect that they would be D1 caliber players (if club has D1 team). Am I correct?
You are correct but if player has not been dual rostered so far clubs can now take advantage of the no-rule and roster them on a team that might need the extra push to avoid relegation or get promoted.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 3/26/2012, 10:08 am

That sounds a bit off. Sorta like bringing in a hired gun or more. This said one might not make a difference but multiple might tip the scale in crucial matches.
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/26/2012, 10:21 am

The German wrote:
SoccerXXX wrote:
You are correct but if player has not been dual rostered so far clubs can now take advantage of the no-rule and roster them on a team that might need the extra push to avoid relegation or get promoted.

That would seem to be pointless. The displaced players that have been practicing and playing hard all year and then loose their starting positions are very likely going to leave the club. So if they stop the relagation then that team will be weaker and even more deserving of relagation when they loose the displaced players. Same for promotion. Don't forget we are talking about benching regular starters for essentially guest players. Most would say I'm outta here.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/26/2012, 11:16 am

Laughing LMAO. Quite possible the funniest post ever. We all know if the team gets relegated then the parents of the players who are able going to abandon ship anyway. The only hope the club has of holding on to those players is hold on to the spot by any means necessary.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 3/26/2012, 12:31 pm

So you are saying that your team has the spring to go and you need to win a certain amount of games to stay in your division. Your son has been starting all year and it is time for him and his teammates to dig in and get the job done. The club then brings down 4 academy players and 4 of your starters including your son are now getting no chance to prove themselves, getting only scrap minutes. Your going back because the team kept their slot. Question Even if it is not your kid are you going back after the coach and club show no confidence at all in the players that worked hard all year to earn that chance? Wow. Sad

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 3/26/2012, 1:21 pm

Not PA but same feelings could be experienced...

http://www.txsoccer.info/t4928-dallas-texan-south-02b-red-coach-dean-ojeda-really#51342
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 3/26/2012, 1:34 pm

I am going to over simplify this topic. Lookout for the best interest of your bb. The clubs do it and the coaches do it. The old trickle down effect. The clubs like to have as many D1 teams as possible so they use the resources they have to help the teams be successful. The teams take the players to help themselves so the team will get promoted or avoid relegation. The players, our bbs, on the bottom of the totem pole play and practice their butts off but it does not matter they are expendable as long as the club has better players and the coaches accept these players. It sucks but that is the business of select soccer.
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 3/26/2012, 3:02 pm

my2cents wrote:So you are saying that your team has the spring to go and you need to win a certain amount of games to stay in your division. Your son has been starting all year and it is time for him and his teammates to dig in and get the job done. The club then brings down 4 academy players and 4 of your starters including your son are now getting no chance to prove themselves, getting only scrap minutes. Your going back because the team kept their slot. Question Even if it is not your kid are you going back after the coach and club show no confidence at all in the players that worked hard all year to earn that chance? Wow. Sad

The problem with your theory is twofold, the PA kid(s) would displace a starter, yes, but said starter would still get plenty of minutes. The kid losing out is the last one off the bench anyhow. Chances are he wasn't coming back next year anyhow.
Second losing and getting relegates means your top players are leaving at the end of the season. The ones that stay are the ones that cannot make a "better" team. Winning cures many things, if a couple of PA kids help prevent relagation all but the bottom of the roster will be happy.

I think the original poster was questioning whether it was right for clubs to bring in PA players to help teams not in D1. IMHO, that is up to the coach and the PA player.

Oh and as True says, always look out for your BB's best interest. Someone has to..

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 3/26/2012, 3:49 pm

Let me give you a hypothetical scenario.
This year there were 5 '00 teams in D2 after 17 games fighting for promotion but only 2 of the teams are part of a PA club. Would it be ok to use a few PA players to "secure" promotion or would that just make the entire CL system and the PA set-up a farce?
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 3/26/2012, 4:46 pm

The German wrote:Let me give you a hypothetical scenario.
This year there were 5 '00 teams in D2 after 17 games fighting for promotion but only 2 of the teams are part of a PA club. Would it be ok to use a few PA players to "secure" promotion or would that just make the entire CL system and the PA set-up a farce?

Would it be ok morally or ok by the rules? Because we know those are two different things! And we also know exactly what would happen in this circumstance.

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 3/26/2012, 5:02 pm

The German wrote:Let me give you a hypothetical scenario.

Nothing wrong with it all. Hard to make the CL system a farce when it is already there.

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 3/26/2012, 5:23 pm

Agree with the points made by go and Ed. As it stands this gives the 4 PA clubs an unfair advantage over the rest of the non-PA clubs. Not a healthy situation. The rich get richer....Where are those anti-trust lawyers when you really need them... Laughing
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Joker 3/26/2012, 5:30 pm

Much like anything else only the strong will survive, regardless of their approach to get the end result which is winning.
Joker
Joker
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 3/26/2012, 7:34 pm

I believe the anti-trust lawyers were located---look on the PA fields! Razz
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/27/2012, 10:58 am

it's all a joke anyway. personally, I don't have a problem with PA players being dual rostered.

I think that keeps the level of play higher across the board.

Looking at it another way, if PA is "where it's at"...why should anyone care about CL? (Other than the financial aspects of the clubs.)

Remember, the best players today won't necessarily be the best tomorrow.

from a developmental standpoint, it's better for a kid to get minutes than not to. So, if your child is coming off the bench and playing 20 minutes a game, maybe it's time to re-evaluate.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down