Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING - Page 5 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

+37
prohibit
pwip
Speedy Gonzales
2good4u
outtabounds
pwrforward
The German
soccerdoc
CLUB31
jimulon6
AllDay12
old soccer dad
bootit
John Terry
afrankw
Aswan
DirtyDave20
tpitty
kurra
mcdribble
Pinknupe
drsoccer
Ibystander
middlewing256
playhard
finish1
wbanul
THE NEEDLE
socmom3
txlongball
arsenalfan
UEFAfan
omega striker
M Patient
go99
ontherightside
Axxman
41 posters

Page 5 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING - Page 5 Empty Re: ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

Post by jimulon6 5/19/2010, 1:29 pm

[quote="jimulon6"]Oh I see, I just thought that it was an Eden over there and the coach was just developing and making those kids so much better that they would all have contracts and all by now.
No, I don't have a kid playing, I just like hanging out in the 99 group of this board trying to cause trouble and have fun. I'm lucky I stumbled onto it by chance.

We don't play gunners, but are acquainted with them, albeit loosely. I am impressed with how well they have faired. I hope many more coaches and parents take a look at something similar, knowing that there are some successes outside big club soccer.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/19/2010, 1:30 pm

hard to take you serious axxman. people are just saying that you have less politics, more team unity, and coaches actually have a spine and care about the kids. no team is going to be a utopia, however, an independent is several thousand dollars cheaper.
axxman - if andro is such a great place, where are all the great academy teams and why did andro need a $4 million gift?

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 5/19/2010, 1:31 pm

right on quickfeet!

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/19/2010, 1:32 pm

jimulon6 wrote:Why would any intelligent person throw their money at these big clubs? They obviously have major issues to work out, and it will all come at the expense of the players-- key word there is EXPENSE. Gunners coach is a great guy, heard is team may come out even stronger due to all the changes. Independent teams are on the rise, and their fees are in the decline!

Any body out there on the fence owes it to their wallet, and more importantly, to their kiddo, to check out some alternatives to this giant mess called big club soccer. Coaches leaving at the drop of a hat, then players suddenly have the rug pulled out from under them, money issues, politics---what kind of examples are those for kids to see? Just because your neighbor/friend is doing it doesn't mean it is the best thing out there for your player. There ARE options.
Okay gonna pooh the independant party for just a second. The lack the drama of the big clubs because they don't have the large number of players competing for the few avaliable spots. Take a large influx over to gunners and you will see the drama unfold as suddenly a group of kids who felt safe now begin to wonder if they will have a spot. It's not just the clubs, it's the competition. Everyone wants to be on a top team but not everyone wants open competition for it. Hence drama, political manuvering, angry parents felt they are owed something. Keep it simple and leave it to the play on the field and the drama dies.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 5/19/2010, 1:37 pm

Well said. And I don't even feel poo'ed on. i was just saying to axxman that I understood those aspects. In my opinion, those issues just stated would only make the Indy system grow even stronger, and begin to shift the balance of power. There many differences to the 2 options. But some aspects will be part of either option.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/19/2010, 1:43 pm

go99 wrote:
jimulon6 wrote:Why would any intelligent person throw their money at these big clubs? They obviously have major issues to work out, and it will all come at the expense of the players-- key word there is EXPENSE. Gunners coach is a great guy, heard is team may come out even stronger due to all the changes. Independent teams are on the rise, and their fees are in the decline!

Any body out there on the fence owes it to their wallet, and more importantly, to their kiddo, to check out some alternatives to this giant mess called big club soccer. Coaches leaving at the drop of a hat, then players suddenly have the rug pulled out from under them, money issues, politics---what kind of examples are those for kids to see? Just because your neighbor/friend is doing it doesn't mean it is the best thing out there for your player. There ARE options.
Okay gonna pooh the independant party for just a second. The lack the drama of the big clubs because they don't have the large number of players competing for the few avaliable spots. Take a large influx over to gunners and you will see the drama unfold as suddenly a group of kids who felt safe now begin to wonder if they will have a spot. It's not just the clubs, it's the competition. Everyone wants to be on a top team but not everyone wants open competition for it. Hence drama, political manuvering, angry parents felt they are owed something. Keep it simple and leave it to the play on the field and the drama dies.
Agreed, but the fact is that will never happen because parents think they have to pay to get good coaching, be on a skilled team, and/or to have the opportunities provided by a big club. Are you one of those parents go99?

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/19/2010, 1:52 pm

No I love the independents and particuarly at this age. The Academy league has killed their viability at the older ages but now it is all about coaching. You are right because it is all about club and their kid should be playing on a top team. I have even seen parents willing to leave their kid sitting on the bench as long as he is with the top bench. Now the question is can you find an independent who has great coaching. I can name quite a few big clubs with bad coaching. Let's just say there are more bad coaches than good.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by playhard 5/19/2010, 1:54 pm

I love all this talk about how great the Gunners are, how well their coach is developing them, and so on, and so on.
They did forget to mention though that they had to hire ML to teach them skills. ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING - Page 5 Icon_lol

playhard
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 5/19/2010, 1:58 pm

Don't all teams have skill sessions with outside coaching? We do. if you're coach isn't, maybe you should get him ML's number.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/19/2010, 1:59 pm

I think the gunners have a great purpose. They allow multi sport kids the opportunity to keep playing soccer at a high level when many of the other team would frown on it and leave the kids having to make a tough choice that they are not ready to make. Yes they did recieve the special ones magic touch
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/19/2010, 2:00 pm

playhard wrote:I love all this talk about how great the Gunners are, how well their coach is developing them, and so on, and so on.
They did forget to mention though that they had to hire ML to teach them skills. ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING - Page 5 Icon_lol
Sounds like you got your feathers ruffled a little!!!! You are adding words to the posts. I never said that the Gunners are so great, the coaching was great, so on, and so on. Is there any thing wrong with having another person come in and teach the players something different? I thought that was a sign of a good coach knowing when he needs to change things up a little bit. I never heard that having extra training was a bad thing. From what I understand, don't most clubs have a skills director that helps all the club coaches?

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/19/2010, 2:03 pm

jimulon6 wrote:Don't all teams have skill sessions with outside coaching? We do. if you're coach isn't, maybe you should get him ML's number.
If I pay a club coach, why should I have to pay another coach to actually coach my kid. I would have to question "if I am paying you $2000+ then why is this other coach having to do all the actual coaching?" Skills is coaching and if they can't then they aren't. Maybe that's why he is the special one? He is one of the few coaches actually capable of doing his job.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/19/2010, 2:04 pm

Have to is the wrong phrase, exposure to other coaches and styles for your bb is the important thing. You should want to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by playhard 5/19/2010, 2:07 pm

quickfeet wrote:
playhard wrote:I love all this talk about how great the Gunners are, how well their coach is developing them, and so on, and so on.
Sounds like you got your feathers ruffled a little!!!! You are adding words to the posts. I never said that the Gunners are so great, the coaching was great, so on, and so on. Is there any thing wrong with having another person come in and teach the players something different? I thought that was a sign of a good coach knowing when he needs to change things up a little bit. I never heard that having extra training was a bad thing. From what I understand, don't most clubs have a skills director that helps all the club coaches?

Isn't the big slogan of independent teams that you can get good quality coaching for less money. So, if you have to bring in a big club coach to teach skills, how can you say that the independent club gives you good coaching? And, by the time you paid big club coach to teach you extra skills, your fees are not that affordable anymore either....

playhard
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/19/2010, 2:09 pm

playhard wrote:
quickfeet wrote:

Isn't the big slogan of independent teams that you can get good quality coaching for less money. So, if you have to bring in a big club coach to teach skills, how can you say that the independent club gives you good coaching? And, by the time you paid big club coach to teach you extra skills, your fees are not that affordable anymore either....
it is exposure to other types of coaching. also, how many team skills sessions do you think you can get for $3000+? You are drinking the club kool-aid!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/19/2010, 2:15 pm

Playhard love your philisophy , Can't beat the Bandits, so recruit the players and fill their heads with bs about how their 10yr old really needs to develop now so he can go pro, forget about loyalty, fun because we all look back now and say I really wished I would have developed my shot or jumper more as a 10yr old!?!? that would have made the difference. Then jump on here with stupid questions and comments. Where were your posts after they whipped you in the finals a few weeks ago? Oh are you gonna tell me now that those games do not matter, wait tell it really counts kind of thing. Weak!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 5/19/2010, 2:21 pm

To set the record straight, I am a big fan of the independents and have on many occasion stated so. The problem lies within our system, and very few make it in the long term. Andro is by no means perfect an is part of the darkside and the latest fiasco with our team is simply one more example. Am I happy about it, absolutely not. But then again, if my bb is good enough to make this new team, he will be surrounded by top coaching and top competition (of all ages) with the ability to measure up and improve on a regular basis. It's no miracle that younger sibblings are typically more aggressive, hungrier, and in most instances better than their older counter parts, I wonder why? I like what the Gunners are doing but would venture to guess that in two or three years, they will not be a top contender if they are still around. The couple that may still be capable and playing will likely be on one of the big 4.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/19/2010, 2:22 pm

Love that bandits team, I hope they stay together. BTW the games didn't matter and it only kinda counts in qualifying and then maybe Dallas Cup years. Hope you guys keep kicking everyones butts ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING - Page 5 Icon_cheers . We don't look back and remember anything about when we were 10 but the kids who is now a pro did get his development when he was 10. The idea that you can't develope or get good coaching at an independent is wrong. If my BB was a few hours younger the bandits would have definately been a place I would have looked. Stay together (at least until you are 14) and keep it up boys.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/19/2010, 2:23 pm

Good points, 2-3 yrs seems about right, just not sure I understand the rush at 9-11 yrs old.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/19/2010, 2:25 pm

Axxman wrote:To set the record straight, I am a big fan of the independents and have on many occasion stated so. The problem lies within our system, and very few make it in the long term. Andro is by no means perfect an is part of the darkside and the latest fiasco with our team is simply one more example. Am I happy about it, absolutely not. But then again, if my bb is good enough to make this new team, he will be surrounded by top coaching and top competition (of all ages) with the ability to measure up and improve on a regular basis. It's no miracle that younger sibblings are typically more aggressive, hungrier, and in most instances better than their older counter parts, I wonder why? I like what the Gunners are doing but would venture to guess that in two or three years, they will not be a top contender if they are still around. The couple that may still be capable and playing will likely be on one of the big 4.
You should be Ice cold because baby axx definately makes this team and he will be better for the competition.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/19/2010, 2:26 pm

fastfeet wrote:Good points, 2-3 yrs seems about right, just not sure I understand the rush at 9-11 yrs old.
To understand that, you need to look into parental egos
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 5/19/2010, 2:28 pm

quickfeet wrote:hard to take you serious axxman. people are just saying that you have less politics, more team unity, and coaches actually have a spine and care about the kids. no team is going to be a utopia, however, an independent is several thousand dollars cheaper.
axxman - if andro is such a great place, where are all the great academy teams and why did andro need a $4 million gift?
For starters, I'm not a cheerleader for Andro. They've had their issues up top and haven't done the right thing in the past to pay for those expensive fields. Trust me, that is changing an you will see more top coaches and teams coming over soon. The $4 million gift will just make things easier and now they will not require all the teams and drama to make ends meet. As for the great academy teams, patience your quickness.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by playhard 5/19/2010, 2:34 pm

fastfeet wrote:Playhard love your philisophy , Can't beat the Bandits, so recruit the players and fill their heads with bs about how their 10yr old really needs to develop now so he can go pro, forget about loyalty, fun because we all look back now and say I really wished I would have developed my shot or jumper more as a 10yr old!?!? that would have made the difference. Then jump on here with stupid questions and comments. Where were your posts after they whipped you in the finals a few weeks ago? Oh are you gonna tell me now that those games do not matter, wait tell it really counts kind of thing. Weak!!
See, here is your problem. Thinking that it is important whether you win or loose a game at that age. The important thing is whether you get taught good skills. Very often, teams that promote good soccer, as in skillful players and possession style of soccer do NOT win their games at an early age, because they allow their players to use their skills and be creative on the field, instead of kicking long balls and running behind them. Anyway, I hope your team stays together at least one more year and that your boys enjoy playing the game.

playhard
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ontherightside 5/19/2010, 2:46 pm

Alright - this is getting good. We now have the 00s battling it out in a 99 thread.
Where is Smurfie?!?

ontherightside
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/19/2010, 2:53 pm

Review your post. W/L mean nothing to me. You chime in with your chest puffed out when you have a couple of good bounces and begin to rip everything about a u10 team becaue kids left and the coach is not good and so on. I love the way you and others get into the beauty of the game argument as if you just invented it or can see things others can not. Funny Funny Funny. Skills are important let that argument die, so is big, so is fast, so is effort. Don't go down the path of Messi either, tired, he is special last time I checked their were not 3 or 4 5'5" guys as talented as he is. I know this will shock you but your team kicks long balls and chases them as well, I have the tapes, its not ideal but happens. Only a few coaches really develop, your coach right now is a better salesmen/recruiter than anything else, which honestly may be the most important "skill" in the long run. He like most coaches are not doing things with a size 4 ball that no one else has thought of.

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 5/19/2010, 2:59 pm

Tae Kwon Do class?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down