Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

+37
prohibit
pwip
Speedy Gonzales
2good4u
outtabounds
pwrforward
The German
soccerdoc
CLUB31
jimulon6
AllDay12
old soccer dad
bootit
John Terry
afrankw
Aswan
DirtyDave20
tpitty
kurra
mcdribble
Pinknupe
drsoccer
Ibystander
middlewing256
playhard
finish1
wbanul
THE NEEDLE
socmom3
txlongball
arsenalfan
UEFAfan
omega striker
M Patient
go99
ontherightside
Axxman
41 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING - Page 4 Empty Re: ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

Post by DirtyDave20 5/17/2010, 5:54 pm

tpitty wrote:So who is the new coach named for the Texans 99?
I have heard from several different people now that the new 99 coach is JG from FM Marcus High School.

DirtyDave20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 5/17/2010, 6:48 pm

Axxman wrote:As an fyi and in addition to the free beer, there will be free shots of tequila available at Andro the week of June 1st (only). This is to alleviate any and all tension, drama, and bb tunnel vision. So please be sure to bring a designated driver if you do plan on coming out, otherwise you can opt for the newly acquired Andromeda Party Bus that will be shuttling people between the Tollway/190 and Los Rios.
Sounds like the master plan is working. If I might be so bold, however, as to point out one potential a flaw. Tequila shots are not likely to alleviate the drama and tunnel vision. I remember that they had bucket-o-margarita night at my hometown AA baseball park one night and things did not go well.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/17/2010, 7:05 pm

DirtyDave20 wrote:
I have heard from several different people now that the new 99 coach is JG from FM Marcus High School.
So who is going to give the breakdown of this new coach? What are the impressions, history?
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by drsoccer 5/17/2010, 8:23 pm

Ouch, surely thats not it, must be a temporary hire until a new coach is brought on board?

drsoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 5/17/2010, 8:25 pm

go99 wrote:
DirtyDave20 wrote:
So who is going to give the breakdown of this new coach? What are the impressions, history?
Meet him once and can tell you he has a huge ego, however he is very good techincal coach and can develop younger kids. I would question his game management as I have seen many Marcus games and he has lost games, when he has had the better talent. He has a very athletic young player that he had no control over and let's him destroy the chemisty of the team on the pitch. It appears that he lets him emotions controll his decisions. I have a 99 bb and would like for him to train with him, however I would not want my bb to play for him.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/17/2010, 9:09 pm

afrankw wrote:
go99 wrote:
DirtyDave20 wrote:
Meet him once and can tell you he has a huge ego, however he is very good techincal coach and can develop younger kids. I would question his game management as I have seen many Marcus games and he has lost games, when he has had the better talent. He has a very athletic young player that he had no control over and let's him destroy the chemisty of the team on the pitch. It appears that he lets him emotions controll his decisions. I have a 99 bb and would like for him to train with him, however I would not want my bb to play for him.
just because he coaches a good highshool doesn't mean he can coach 10/11 year olds but I agree with you on this one sometimes those HS coaches have egos to big for their cahones! ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING - Page 4 Affraid
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 5/17/2010, 11:10 pm

omega striker wrote:
afrankw wrote:
go99 wrote:
DirtyDave20 wrote:
just because he coaches a good highshool doesn't mean he can coach 10/11 year olds but I agree with you on this one sometimes those HS coaches have egos to big for their cahones! ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING - Page 4 Affraid
High School soccer coach egos are nothing compared to the club coach egos.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 5/18/2010, 8:02 am

THE NEEDLE wrote:
omega striker wrote:
afrankw wrote:
go99 wrote:
DirtyDave20 wrote:
High School soccer coach egos are nothing compared to the club coach egos.

Can you imagine the combination..........

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by John Terry 5/18/2010, 10:46 am

JG is one of the best skilled coaches for teaching the game on the pitch. That bloke is great and has a marvelous sense of humor..2 my boys played for him at FM Marcus so take it from a parent that knows him.
John Terry
John Terry
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 5/18/2010, 11:23 am

Anyone know how he is with teaching 10/11 yr olds? Teaching select kids to win games in highschool is not exactly the same. I really hope he is a great coach because that team deserves nothing less.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bootit 5/18/2010, 11:27 am

go99 wrote:Anyone know how he is with teaching 10/11 yr olds? Teaching select kids to win games in highschool is not exactly the same. I really hope he is a great coach because that team deserves nothing less.
I have friends with kids who have played for him and have heard nothing but positive things. A good coach can coach a teenager or a pre-teen and I think the kids will benefit just the same. I agree that team deserves someone of his level.
bootit
bootit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DirtyDave20 5/18/2010, 1:30 pm

It must be true. The Texans website under teams and 99 Dallas Boys list JG as coach. I am like the others. This team deserves a good coach and I beleive he is going to be exactly what they need for continued success. My BB will play for him this upcoming year in High School and he is very excited.
DirtyDave20
DirtyDave20
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by old soccer dad 5/18/2010, 6:37 pm

JG is a good coach and for a high school coach he is near the top. He was head and shoulders above my sons coach in high school and we played in the same district.

old soccer dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 5/19/2010, 11:02 am

Ok let's break this down a bit;

1. Texans - Drama and short term future of team up in the air.
2. Andro - Ditto on above
3. DTS - more like an independant and seem to have minimal issues at the moment.
4. FCD - Kaboom!!!
5. Solar Red - more like an independant and may lose a player or two but issues seem minimal compared to others.
6. Gunners - Independant, low key, and minimal issues.

Anybody see a pattern here? Thanks for the hard work and earning that spot for the club. Please deposit check here.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by UEFAfan 5/19/2010, 11:42 am

Thanks for that analysis Axx...and the correct answer is...independent!
Can't speak for what's going at other camps, but the tension seem to be high at Andro's practice last night...not only was "the special one" there observing, but lots of quality players w/releases already...wow, gonna be an interesting June! ELVIS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING - Page 4 Affraid
UEFAfan
UEFAfan
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by AllDay12 5/19/2010, 12:14 pm

Axxman wrote:Ok let's break this down a bit;

1. Texans - Drama and short term future of team up in the air.
2. Andro - Ditto on above
3. DTS - more like an independant and seem to have minimal issues at the moment.
4. FCD - Kaboom!!!
5. Solar Red - more like an independant and may lose a player or two but issues seem minimal compared to others.
6. Gunners - Independant, low key, and minimal issues.

Anybody see a pattern here? Thanks for the hard work and earning that spot for the club. Please deposit check here.
I have always wondered why parents feel that they have to pay large amounts of money for their child to learn the fundamentals / game of soccer, espcially between the ages of 6-12. In both the 99 and 00 age groups, there is an independent team that is in the top 5 and attracting players from the other top teams. Parents like to complain about the clubs and the cost, but then make the excuse about quality coaching, licenses, etc. I am pretty sure that the two independent coaches do not get paid!!!!!

AllDay12
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 5/19/2010, 12:42 pm

Why would any intelligent person throw their money at these big clubs? They obviously have major issues to work out, and it will all come at the expense of the players-- key word there is EXPENSE. Gunners coach is a great guy, heard is team may come out even stronger due to all the changes. Independent teams are on the rise, and their fees are in the decline!

Any body out there on the fence owes it to their wallet, and more importantly, to their kiddo, to check out some alternatives to this giant mess called big club soccer. Coaches leaving at the drop of a hat, then players suddenly have the rug pulled out from under them, money issues, politics---what kind of examples are those for kids to see? Just because your neighbor/friend is doing it doesn't mean it is the best thing out there for your player. There ARE options.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 5/19/2010, 1:04 pm

jimulon6 wrote:Why would any intelligent person throw their money at these big clubs? They obviously have major issues to work out, and it will all come at the expense of the players-- key word there is EXPENSE. Gunners coach is a great guy, heard is team may come out even stronger due to all the changes. Independent teams are on the rise, and their fees are in the decline!

Any body out there on the fence owes it to their wallet, and more importantly, to their kiddo, to check out some alternatives to this giant mess called big club soccer. Coaches leaving at the drop of a hat, then players suddenly have the rug pulled out from under them, money issues, politics---what kind of examples are those for kids to see? Just because your neighbor/friend is doing it doesn't mean it is the best thing out there for your player. There ARE options.
EXACTLY! Just ask the 99 FCD or the 00 Texans. Regarding the 00 Texans, you just have to love when karma plays itselft out!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 5/19/2010, 1:07 pm

Axx- What is going on with the other clubs that are going to be in D1 next year?

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 5/19/2010, 1:12 pm

jimulon6 wrote:Why would any intelligent person throw their money at these big clubs? They obviously have major issues to work out, and it will all come at the expense of the players-- key word there is EXPENSE. Gunners coach is a great guy, heard is team may come out even stronger due to all the changes. Independent teams are on the rise, and their fees are in the decline!

Ok Mr. Gunners, so if everything is so great over there, the fees are low, the team is on the rise, the coach is great, they are loyal to their players, etc. etc., why would they need any new players to come out?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 5/19/2010, 1:19 pm

Do you have a kid that plays? If so, has every kid on that team already signed a contract? Are they all top level players? Do you have the numbers you want going into next season? Do you not want your team to improve, if it can do so? If you can answer yes to all those, close your practices and tune out the outside world. If you can't answer yes to all of those questions, and many more I left out, well, there's your answer. Independents do cut players, and bring on better ones, that is no different than club ball. Indies need to get better, not be complacent, just like any other team. Don't get too literal, let common sense prevail.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 5/19/2010, 1:19 pm

CLUB31 wrote:Axx- What is going on with the other clubs that are going to be in D1 next year?

Not real sure but here is the little I know.

7. Comets - good possiblity they lose a couple of their more skilled players which would seriously hurt that team, unless they can recruit talented replacements.
8. FW - No idea, but given their geography, assuming not much movement. The Andro bus simply does not go that far.
9. Barca - Kids are in tae kwon do class as a group and will be receiving green belts in July.
10. CD Chivas - possible shake up, new coach, players, etc.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 5/19/2010, 1:23 pm

jimulon6 wrote:Do you have a kid that plays? If so, has every kid on that team already signed a contract? Are they all top level players? Do you have the numbers you want going into next season? Do you not want your team to improve, if it can do so? If you can answer yes to all those, close your practices and tune out the outside world. If you can't answer yes to all of those questions, and many more I left out, well, there's your answer. Independents do cut players, and bring on better ones, that is no different than club ball. Indies need to get better, not be complacent, just like any other team. Don't get too literal, let common sense prevail.
Oh I see, I just thought that it was an Eden over there and the coach was just developing and making those kids so much better that they would all have contracts and all by now.
No, I don't have a kid playing, I just like hanging out in the 99 group of this board trying to cause trouble and have fun. I'm lucky I stumbled onto it by chance.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 5/19/2010, 1:25 pm

Oh I see, I just thought that it was an Eden over there and the coach was just developing and making those kids so much better that they would all have contracts and all by now.
No, I don't have a kid playing, I just like hanging out in the 99 group of this board trying to cause trouble and have fun. I'm lucky I stumbled onto it by chance.

That's funny.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 5/19/2010, 1:29 pm

Axx-To what team are the Comets losing players?

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 5/19/2010, 1:29 pm

[quote="jimulon6"]Oh I see, I just thought that it was an Eden over there and the coach was just developing and making those kids so much better that they would all have contracts and all by now.

We don't play gunners, but are acquainted with them, albeit loosely. I am impressed with how well they have faired. I hope many more coaches and parents take a look at something similar, knowing that there are some successes outside big club soccer.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next