Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

What will it take to get rid of all those bad coaches ? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

What will it take to get rid of all those bad coaches ?

+8
Number13
DragonStryker
finish1
go99
lmaontx
soccerdadrandy
SnookumsConCarne
Bouh
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What will it take to get rid of all those bad coaches ? Empty What will it take to get rid of all those bad coaches ?

Post by Bouh 4/2/2015, 9:36 pm

The 2015 dallas cup is proving once more that Texas (aside from FCD) can't compete with...well anybody else in soccer.
Our results are seriously terrible and it should be quite clear that it is not due to the genes of the kids raised in Texas or to our lack of interest in soccer. We have the numbers, we have the money we have the dedication but still, we can't compete.

If the conclusion is not obvious well let me throw it out there: our coaches suck especially at our "highest" level.
What will it take to get rid of them ?

Bouh
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

What will it take to get rid of all those bad coaches ? Empty Re: What will it take to get rid of all those bad coaches ?

Post by SnookumsConCarne 4/2/2015, 9:41 pm

And their replacements will be.......???
SnookumsConCarne
SnookumsConCarne
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

What will it take to get rid of all those bad coaches ? Empty Re: What will it take to get rid of all those bad coaches ?

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/2/2015, 9:48 pm

[quote="Bouh"]The 2015 dallas cup is proving once more that Texas (aside from FCD) can't compete with...well anybody else in soccer.
Our results are seriously terrible and it should be quite clear that it is not due to the genes of the kids raised in Texas or to our lack of interest in soccer. We have the numbers, we have the money we have the dedication but still, we can't compete.  

If the conclusion is not obvious well let me throw it out there: our coaches suck especially at our "highest" level.
What will it take to get rid of them ?[/quot

LMAO
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by lmaontx 4/2/2015, 9:56 pm

Certainly not the British

lmaontx
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/2/2015, 10:02 pm

seeding has so much to do with tournaments. a lot of times it is to purposely avoid match-up as well as to set up match-ups in the knock out rounds. take u17 andromeda DA. 12th place out of 13 teams. placed in bracket D. they stomp first team 4-0 and barley lose to eventual bracket winner. fcd has to win their bracket. and they do. then they get to meet this "power house" that barely beat a last place team, in the quarterfinals. fcd hasn't been tested yet.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/2/2015, 10:05 pm

THE CHEF STIRRING THE CHICKEN DISH WILL PROBABLY WIN OUT OVER THE CHEF WORKING WITH CHICKEN POO; ALMOST EVERY TIME. when the reverse happens occasionally, you may have a great coach. but usually, you still end up with poo
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/3/2015, 7:41 am

soccerdadrandy wrote:THE CHEF STIRRING THE CHICKEN DISH WILL PROBABLY WIN OUT OVER THE CHEF WORKING WITH CHICKEN POO; ALMOST EVERY TIME. when the reverse happens occasionally, you may have a great coach. but usually, you still end up with poo

Yes but the coach that goes to the chicken coop and comes back with the chicken poo to cook with instead of the chicken just sucks.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 4/3/2015, 9:43 am

GO, as you've mentioned before, there's a lot of poo out there. Based on the results this year, looks like FCD has better grain.

Which chicken coup laid the most goose eggs? Here's your sign!

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 4/3/2015, 9:49 am

What will it take?

More parents that understand style of play matters, focusing on technical development in the early years matters, and that winning doesn't matter in the early years.

Right now, most of the parents in DFW have it all wrong. The coaches are doing exactly what you'd expect, they are providing the parents with what they want.

I've even had two very well respected coaches tell me as much. They recruit kids to ensure their teams win because that's what parents expect. And while they both talk about teaching a "possession" oriented game, both play a very direct game with their big fast kids up top and rely on breakaways to score goals.

Works great from u7 to around u11 so long as you are able to continually restock your team with the biggest and fastest kids (supplemented by a couple of that might actually have some technical ability), doesn't work so well after that.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 4/3/2015, 10:31 am

Somedays I don't care, some days it's cool, some days I'm a cynic.   From the cynical view, when nobody knows much of anything (parent-wise) here at the entry-level, its easy to be the one-eyed king.   Anybody with an accent who isn't a complete goof can get your kid to improve from the 6 yr old that likes to run and kick to a semi-functional 10 yr old.  But at a certain point the coaches run out of ideas.   Maybe you find out they don't know that much to begin with.   At some point they are just a babysitter.   You can kind of see that happening.  We like BB's coach and he seems better than most here.   I think everybody can envision improvements.  

I have briefly read some of the discussion forums amongst motivated "pseudo-intellectual" coaches (a lot in Southern Cali or NE) and they are continually discussing the theory of teaching and how to construct drills to focus on different aspects.  Technical, tactical, philosophy, etc.   Welcoming criticism and constantly trying to figure out ways to be better teachers.  

Doesn't seem like a lot of introspection in the ranks of the NTX coaching community.   Here, as far as I can tell, you just scrimmage at a certain (pretty young) age in most places.   If all you do is scrimmage from U10 onward, you end up playing the same way you did at 10, when the fast kids and big kickers rule.

So that's basically the same problem with Texas in general, a bunch of dumbasses who aren't smart enough to realize that they are dumbasses. Present company excluded, obv.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 4/3/2015, 5:18 pm

While I agree that we have a lot of depressingly poor coaching in NTX I do think SoCal has a significant population advantage over us. SoCal population is 22.6M while NTX has a population of 6.6M.

Just imagine the super teams our NTX recruiters, I mean coaches Twisted Evil could put together if they had that much population to play with.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/3/2015, 5:45 pm

davito wrote:While I agree that we have a lot of depressingly poor coaching in NTX I do think SoCal has a significant population advantage over us. SoCal population is 22.6M while NTX has a population of 6.6M.

Just imagine the super teams our NTX recruiters, I mean coaches Twisted Evil  could put together if they had that much population to play with.

ahhh almost but their soccer areas are much smaller and don't travel as far for teams. For example San Diego made it and it's population is nowhere near DFW. Only LA is higher in population and I don't believe people drive across LA for teams. It's ain't the population.

As far as how do you get rid of them? Well you could go surgical like seal team six but I prefer napalm. A new coach in the area expressed that he had never seen anything like this. Where it's all big money. Nobody really cares about the kids and development.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/3/2015, 6:06 pm

finish1 wrote:GO, as you've mentioned before, there's a lot of poo out there. Based on the results this year, looks like FCD has better grain.

speaking of seeding (i mean grain), it was an fcd tourney, right? Smile
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/3/2015, 6:21 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
finish1 wrote:GO, as you've mentioned before, there's a lot of poo out there. Based on the results this year, looks like FCD has better grain.

speaking of seeding (i mean grain), it was an fcd tourney, right? Smile
uh oh no you didn't Razz
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/3/2015, 6:41 pm

go99 wrote:
davito wrote:While I agree that we have a lot of depressingly poor coaching in NTX I do think SoCal has a significant population advantage over us. SoCal population is 22.6M while NTX has a population of 6.6M.

Just imagine the super teams our NTX recruiters, I mean coaches Twisted Evil  could put together if they had that much population to play with.

ahhh almost but their soccer areas are much smaller and don't travel as far for teams.  For example San Diego made it and it's population is nowhere near DFW.  Only LA is higher in population and I don't believe people drive across LA for teams.  It's ain't the population.

As far as how do you get rid of them?  Well you could go surgical like seal team six but I prefer napalm.  A new coach in the area expressed that he had never seen anything like this.  Where it's all big money.  Nobody really cares about the kids and development.
I guess something is working in their favor and speaking of that cali didn't even send their best teams and still their is a cali team in the finals of almost every age group bom
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/3/2015, 6:44 pm

omega striker wrote:
go99 wrote:

ahhh almost but their soccer areas are much smaller and don't travel as far for teams.  For example San Diego made it and it's population is nowhere near DFW.  Only LA is higher in population and I don't believe people drive across LA for teams.  It's ain't the population.

As far as how do you get rid of them?  Well you could go surgical like seal team six but I prefer napalm.  A new coach in the area expressed that he had never seen anything like this.  Where it's all big money.  Nobody really cares about the kids and development.
I guess something is working in their favor and speaking of that cali didn't even send their best teams and still their is a cali team in the finals of almost every age group bom

which team is their best 99/00 team because my BB has tied that piece of "Poo" FC Golden ST Gold two years in a row Smile
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/3/2015, 6:46 pm

soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
go99 wrote:

which team is their best 99/00 team because my BB has tied that piece of "Poo" FC Golden ST Gold two years in a row Smile
that's some tough poo Razz
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/3/2015, 6:57 pm

omega striker wrote:
soccerdadrandy wrote:
omega striker wrote:
go99 wrote:

that's some tough poo Razz

well for the record 99/00 fc golden st gold and the u14 fc golden st academy that stomped fcd's u14 da team today 4-0, are just big, fast, and strong teams. don't move the ball as well, CONSISTENTLY, as do the top dfw/ntx teams Smile
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 4/3/2015, 7:03 pm

go99 wrote:

I don't want to labor this point too much because I agree we have a lot of bad coaching and it is a money grab...but...SoCal has huge population between the LA area and San Diego. San Diego city is the same size as Dallas and the population density is higher than ours in San Diego and it's surrounding suburbs.

The number of teams in the SCDSL and CSL is huge compared to our CCSAI and PPL and APL. We have parents driving all over the metroplex for teams and coming in from Tyler, WFallls, Amarillo and Abilene. I have to believe the parents in SoCal are all clamoring to get their kid on the top team just as we do here, so the recruiters, I mean coaches, will have an easier time concentrating the talent.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/3/2015, 7:07 pm

davito wrote:
go99 wrote:

I don't want to labor this point too much because I agree we have a lot of bad coaching and it is a money grab...but...SoCal has huge population between the LA area and San Diego. San Diego city is the same size as Dallas and the population density is higher than ours in San Diego and it's surrounding suburbs.

The number of teams in the SCDSL and CSL is huge compared to our CCSAI and PPL and APL. We have parents driving all over the metroplex for teams and coming in from Tyler, WFallls, Amarillo and Abilene. I have to believe the parents in SoCal are all clamoring to get their kid on the top team just as we do here, so the recruiters, I mean coaches, will have an easier time concentrating the talent.

you have to beat dead horses on this forum. every one is glued to their opinion and not open to hear reason. I HOWEVER AGREE 100 PERCENT WITH YOU DAVITO!!!!!

Last edited by soccerdadrandy on 4/3/2015, 7:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : i can't spell)
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/3/2015, 7:16 pm

so you are saying that people drive across LA traffic to get their kids to practice? and I am finding the San diego and Dallas very similar in both size and population. But in the end I am finding it hard to believe that well over a million people in Dallas alone is not enough population. Sorry not buying that the ass kicking is coming from population alone.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 4/3/2015, 7:31 pm

[quote="go99"]so you are saying that people drive across LA traffic to get their kids to practice? and I am finding the San diego and Dallas very similar in both size and population.  But in the end I am finding it hard to believe that well over a million people in Dallas alone is not enough population.  Sorry not buying that the ass kicking is coming from population alone.  [/quot

the ass kicking is coming from bigger faster stronger players from my brief 2 year DC experience. but that is only with the fc golden st gold and u14 da academy of same club.
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Bouh 4/3/2015, 7:36 pm

Something else worth noticing: when I look around at coaches at the dallas cup I see a lot of mid 30s early 40s guys. Most seem quite fit and may still actually relate to soccer and to kids. Same the other way around, these are guys that kids can relate to (the role model idea).
Now when I look at our coaches here (and again I am talking about our "top coaches", IE the dudes coaching the top teams) what I see are old dudes typically in their 50s that have been here forever or guys that are out of shape and look everything but athletic.

That's another problem, not only those guys have 30 years of achieving nothing (IE: creating pro players), not only they come in with a 30 years old outdated soccer knowledge but they don't even bring anything else to the players. What type of role model are our kids getting ?

Bouh
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 4/3/2015, 8:19 pm

I didn't say the ass kicking was due to population alone. I would guess it is a combination of better coaching and population advantage.

I don't know if they practice more in SoCal but twice a week is not enough. When my son was Pre-select his club offered 2 practices, open skills and finishing. Since Select that dropped to just 2 practices.
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by davito 4/3/2015, 8:22 pm

Oh and I pay more than twice the price now too.....
davito
davito
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next