Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Going out of your way to please coaches? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Going out of your way to please coaches?

+6
omega striker
Number13
bigtex75081
go99
soccerdadrandy
my2cents
10 posters

Go down

Going out of your way to please coaches? Empty Going out of your way to please coaches?

Post by Guest 12/17/2013, 10:30 am

Let's hear it, how many of you know someone who is, or at some point was "sucking up" to the coach in an attempt to get more playing time or special preference?

I know this one particular parent that goes out of his way to make sure he is constantly telling everyone how much he loves soccer.  He wears soccer clothing to all events, regardless if they are soccer related or not.  He is constantly following the coach around, asking him if he needs help, carry his bag, bring water.  You can view this as being helpful however us parents can see right through this.  Its obvious he is after more playing time since the bb is on the lower spectrum of the playing hierarchy of this group.    

Every team has at least one, share your stories.

Back to top Go down

Going out of your way to please coaches? Empty Re: Going out of your way to please coaches?

Post by my2cents 12/17/2013, 1:06 pm

Let's hear it, how many of you know someone who is, or at some point was paranoid about people "sucking up" to the coach in an attempt to get more playing time or special preference?

We all know this one particular parent that goes out of his way to make sure he is constantly telling everyone how anyone with any communication or relationshipwith the coach is a suck up. Following the coach around having a freindly conversation-suck up. Be polite and ask him if he needs help- suck up. Carry his bag, bring him a water on a 105 degree summer day- suck up. Most of us view this as being helpful, courteous or polite, as treating it as you would any other person. However this parent can see right through this; you are sucking up. Its obvious to him that you are after more playing time. Since his bb is on the lower spectrum of the playing hierarchy of this group it is obvious to him that it is only because he refuses to be a suck up. Instead he stews and sulks about the suck up's kids getting more play.

Razz 

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Going out of your way to please coaches? Empty Re: Going out of your way to please coaches?

Post by soccerdadrandy 12/17/2013, 2:10 pm

rdeal486 wrote:Let's hear it, how many of you know someone who is, or at some point was "sucking up" to the coach in an attempt to get more playing time or special preference?

I know this one particular parent that goes out of his way to make sure he is constantly telling everyone how much he loves soccer.  He wears soccer clothing to all events, regardless if they are soccer related or not.  He is constantly following the coach around, asking him if he needs help, carry his bag, bring water.  You can view this as being helpful however us parents can see right through this.  Its obvious he is after more playing time since the bb is on the lower spectrum of the playing hierarchy of this group.    

good for him and his bb
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 12/17/2013, 2:58 pm

my2cents wrote:Let's hear it, how many of you know someone who is, or at some point was paranoid about people "sucking up" to the coach in an attempt to get more playing time or special preference?

We all  know this one particular parent that goes out of his way to make sure he is constantly telling everyone how anyone with any communication or relationshipwith the coach is a suck up.  Following the coach around having a freindly conversation-suck up. Be polite and ask him if he needs help- suck up. Carry his bag, bring him a water on a 105 degree summer day- suck up.  Most of us view this as being helpful, courteous or polite, as treating it as you would any other person. However this parent can see right through this; you are sucking up.   Its obvious to him  that you are after more playing time.  Since his bb is on the lower spectrum of the playing hierarchy of this group it is obvious to him that it is only because he refuses to be a suck up. Instead he stews and sulks about the suck up's kids getting more play.    

Razz 

LMAO that's funny but thats still a suck up. Unless you are offering to carry other peoples bags and bring them water Suspect . Or is it only the coach that needs to be polite and courteous too? you are neither of those because you do something for those who have something to offer you. You are just a suck up and thats okay. There are plenty of people like that and on every team and yes even in academy. Now when you do that for someone who has nothing to offer then thats something
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 12/17/2013, 3:16 pm

“Politics, n: Poly "many" + tics "blood-sucking parasites"”
- Larry Hardiman

“Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.”
- John Benfield
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 12/17/2013, 3:34 pm

rdeal486 wrote:

We have this one parent on our team who is constantly talking to the coach.  He even sees the coach outside of practice.  Texts him all the time.  He's always giving the coach advice and acting all buddy-buddy.   Loans him gear: balls, pennies, futsal goals, etc.  And I'm quite sure he pays more than his share of stuff, including buying lunches and whatnot for the coach.  I've noticed that his kid almost never gets taken out of a game even though the kid is not that big or strong or fast.   Everyone..including me...hates that guy. To top it off, I heard he has been sleeping with my wife since she was 19.  
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/17/2013, 4:58 pm

Number13 wrote:
rdeal486 wrote:

We have this one parent on our team who is constantly talking to the coach.  He even sees the coach outside of practice.  Texts him all the time.  He's always giving the coach advice and acting all buddy-buddy.   Loans him gear: balls, pennies, futsal goals, etc.  And I'm quite sure he pays more than his share of stuff, including buying lunches and whatnot for the coach.  I've noticed that his kid almost never gets taken out of a game even though the kid is not that big or strong or fast.   Everyone..including me...hates that guy.   To top it off, I heard he has been sleeping with my wife since she was 19.  
 lol! 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 12/18/2013, 11:58 am

OOOOHHHHHH, anyone recognize the "ex-player dad" who not only runs to the coach as the coach is walking up to the games (in full soccer regalia) to monopolize the time when the coach should be warming the team up, but he ALSO has to help warm up the team! Kicks to the keeper/tells the boys to run, whatever....

Once was on a team with a dad that not only played golf with coach every week (and you know who paid green fees, lunch, and beer), but he literally brought cleats out to the games and switched his shoes to warm up the keeper!!!!  cyclops Living in the past are we?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/18/2013, 12:08 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:OOOOHHHHHH,  anyone recognize the "ex-player dad" who not only runs to the coach as the coach is walking up to the games (in full soccer regalia) to monopolize the time when the coach should be warming the team up, but he ALSO has to help warm up the team!  Kicks to the keeper/tells the boys to run, whatever....

Once was on a team with a dad that not only played golf with coach every week (and you know who paid green fees, lunch, and beer), but he literally brought cleats out to the games and switched his shoes to warm up the keeper!!!!   cyclops Living in the past are we?
your on fire my friend! keep it going  bom 
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdadrandy 12/18/2013, 12:15 pm

LMAO a few of these "characterizations" have hit close to home. not wearing the soccer gear, or cleats, or warming up goalie,or golf but a few lol
soccerdadrandy
soccerdadrandy
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 12/18/2013, 12:31 pm

I'm swear I'm not lying about this... I met a dad, who'd just started playing in an adult league, that asked if he could practice with his son's u11 select team.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 12/18/2013, 12:34 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:I'm swear I'm not lying about this...  I met a dad, who'd just started playing in an adult league, that asked if he could practice with his son's u11 select team.  

dude, I told you that in confidence  Wink 
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 12/18/2013, 1:31 pm

KMSL!!!! @13

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by vman 12/18/2013, 1:51 pm

bigtex75081 wrote:I'm swear I'm not lying about this...  I met a dad, who'd just started playing in an adult league, that asked if he could practice with his son's u11 select team.  

lol!  I would pay to see that.
vman
vman
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 12/18/2013, 4:07 pm

well as long as he picks up the cones,i guess it would be ok Wink 

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 12/18/2013, 9:44 pm

Is he asking for a scholarship?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mavericks67 12/18/2013, 11:05 pm

LMAO @ Number 13, keep it on!
mavericks67
mavericks67
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down