Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Why do coaches.... Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Why do coaches....

+7
kickit
SoccerXXX
WRG
clueless
FlatBack4
my2cents
Soccerinsanity
11 posters

Go down

Why do coaches.... Empty Why do coaches....

Post by Soccerinsanity 8/26/2011, 9:28 am

Why do coaches recruit bb's for certain traits, then get into August/September and start telling the boys not to utilize the gift/skill that got them the offer in the first place?
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Why do coaches.... Empty Re: Why do coaches....

Post by my2cents 8/26/2011, 10:08 am

Just a guess but maybe they are trying to develop multi-dimensional players? Develop areas of their game or skill set that are weak? A fast player or a strong player ,or even a quick one will need more than that one trait to be a successful player a the top levels.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 8/26/2011, 10:25 am

Let me guess... you know of a players that was "recruited" as forward, and after a week or two, he's suddenly an outside back?
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 8/26/2011, 10:47 am

FlatBack4 wrote:Let me guess... you know of a players that was "recruited" as forward, and after a week or two, he's suddenly an outside back?

I read this and figured the coach asked him to pass.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 8/26/2011, 11:04 am

FlatBack4 wrote:Let me guess... you know of a players that was "recruited" as forward, and after a week or two, he's suddenly an outside back?

Hey, don't knock the outside back. Ones that can get forward on the attack and defend are invaluable and some of the most skilled and talented kids on the team. Can you guess where my kid plays?

But, I get your point. Everyone wants to be the striker that scores the goals, gets the money and the girls.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Why do coaches.... Empty RE: Why do coaches...

Post by SoccerXXX 8/26/2011, 11:23 am

WRG wrote:

Hey, don't knock the outside back. Ones that can get forward on the attack and defend are invaluable and some of the most skilled and talented kids on the team. Can you guess where my kid plays?

But, I get your point. Everyone wants to be the striker that scores the goals, gets the money and the girls.
Just remember that chicks dig scars! (Quote told to my bb)
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kickit 8/26/2011, 11:43 am

Soccerinsanity wrote:Why do coaches recruit bb's for certain traits, then get into August/September and start telling the boys not to utilize the gift/skill that got them the offer in the first place?

To make a team, job security, money and mostly, because they just can't think that far ahead.

kickit
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 8/26/2011, 6:13 pm

I'm not seeing it as an offense or defense thing. I'm seeing it on both sides of the ball, and this isn't the only team. I posted after a friend said the same thing about her bb, and we play in different leagues. I've also seen and heard about it other years, too. It is more a question of players playing within their own position, not being moved anywhere else.

I told a different friend it reminds me of a marriage: "you're perfect for me, now change!"
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by txsoccerdad 8/26/2011, 8:24 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Why do coaches recruit bb's for certain traits, then get into August/September and start telling the boys not to utilize the gift/skill that got them the offer in the first place?
My son experienced the same recently, the coach bugged him and bugged him to join the team after a couple tryouts, then I said okay he'll join his roster for the coach needed an experienced defender,two months later "oh I need a forward now" after we changed teams,bought new uniform kit,etc lol!

I hope not all coaches pull this shnit Evil or Very Mad
txsoccerdad
txsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/26/2011, 8:43 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:I'm not seeing it as an offense or defense thing. I'm seeing it on both sides of the ball, and this isn't the only team. I posted after a friend said the same thing about her bb, and we play in different leagues. I've also seen and heard about it other years, too. It is more a question of players playing within their own position, not being moved anywhere else.

I told a different friend it reminds me of a marriage: "you're perfect for me, now change!"

Just ask any woman then. Very Happy Laughing

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/26/2011, 9:06 pm

txsoccerdad wrote:
My son experienced the same recently, the coach bugged him and bugged him to join the team after a couple tryouts, then I said okay he'll join his roster for the coach needed an experienced defender,two months later "oh I need a forward now" after we changed teams,bought new uniform kit,etc lol!

I hope not all coaches pull this shnit Evil or Very Mad

So are you saying that in a crunch, players injured,short bench etc. coach turns and says I need a -----, you want you son to say I can't coach I am a ---- ? My son came into select a mid, was immediately made a BSF center back, then moved to center mid, then the coach the told him since I can't keep you back anyway I am moving you to forward. All the time coach was saying he is a natural center back. The same thing in ODP where he ended up at center back after starting as a forward and working his way back. Everyone at that lavel can defend , it was his positioning and offense as a cenrter back that impressed coaches. When you have played all positions then you understand better everything that is developing on the field. What difference does it make where they play. If your team has the ball everyone is on offense. If your center and outside backs are not being taught to be part of the offense then you chose the wrong coach.If your forwards have no reponsibilties defensively, then again poor choice. A player that can play only one position is like one that can only strike with one foot; very limited.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/26/2011, 10:52 pm

several reason..... maybe hes trying to teach him something new? or he is skilled enough to take up the slack in a different position? or maybe he has a team full of clueless kids and has to play to their strengths to be successful and win which would be easier to teach the kids hey lets kick it up and run after it and use the most athletic players(not as skilled though) usually faster and stronger and hope for the best outcome(which is of course a victory) which in the end only means...............ding ding ding........he cant coach and trys and recruits the best players so they can win and then he gets credit as a great coach!!!! cheers
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 8/27/2011, 1:06 am

omega striker wrote:
several reason..... maybe hes trying to teach him something new? or he is skilled enough to take up the slack in a different position? or maybe he has a team full of clueless kids and has to play to their strengths to be successful and win which would be easier to teach the kids hey lets kick it up and run after it and use the most athletic players(not as skilled though) usually faster and stronger and hope for the best outcome(which is of course a victory) which in the end only means...............ding ding ding........he cant coach and trys and recruits the best players so they can win and then he gets credit as a great coach!!!! cheers

Ding, Ding, Ding, Circle takes the square , You my friend are a winner .. Clueless ding bats..
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by txsoccerdad 8/27/2011, 10:37 am

my2cents wrote:

So are you saying that in a crunch, players injured,short bench etc. coach turns and says I need a -----, you want you son to say I can't coach I am a ---- ? My son came into select a mid, was immediately made a BSF center back, then moved to center mid, then the coach the told him since I can't keep you back anyway I am moving you to forward. All the time coach was saying he is a natural center back. The same thing in ODP where he ended up at center back after starting as a forward and working his way back. Everyone at that lavel can defend , it was his positioning and offense as a cenrter back that impressed coaches. When you have played all positions then you understand better everything that is developing on the field. What difference does it make where they play. If your team has the ball everyone is on offense. If your center and outside backs are not being taught to be part of the offense then you chose the wrong coach.If your forwards have no reponsibilties defensively, then again poor choice. A player that can play only one position is like one that can only strike with one foot; very limited.

Food for thought! Thanks 2cents Cool
txsoccerdad
txsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FGFF 8/27/2011, 11:13 am

omega striker wrote:

Amazing how sadly accurate this post is.

FGFF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by txsoccerdad 8/27/2011, 11:16 am

FGFF wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Amazing how sadly accurate this post is.
+1
txsoccerdad
txsoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/29/2011, 10:24 pm

I guess i can honestly say how suprised i am that you people see this as well! affraid
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/1/2011, 8:57 am

hey soccerinsanity anything new for your pre academy striker? Suspect
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 9/1/2011, 10:54 am

I think I'll choose not to answer that, OS! tongue
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/1/2011, 10:56 am

Soccerinsanity wrote:I think I'll choose not to answer that, OS! tongue
LOL spill it already!!!!! dont keep us hanging! bom
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 9/1/2011, 11:55 am

You know very well my bb will do fine in the end...He's has the love of the game. I found it highly amusing that when I started this thread everyone assumed he was moved out of his position! LOL...that wasn't what I was thinking of at all!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/1/2011, 12:25 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:You know very well my bb will do fine in the end...He's has the love of the game. I found it highly amusing that when I started this thread everyone assumed he was moved out of his position! LOL...that wasn't what I was thinking of at all!
so..............is he a winger or attacking mid now? Suspect well im not amused so cough it up sir! What a Face

Last edited by omega striker on 9/1/2011, 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 9/1/2011, 1:06 pm

My point exactly...no one ever said that the coach was changing his position!!!
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 9/1/2011, 5:23 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:My point exactly...no one ever said that the coach was changing his position!!!
say what? scratch
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down