Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

D2 CL - who wins it all???? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

D2 CL - who wins it all????

+8
booe817
frequent flyer
Number13
Frisco Goal
PremierLeagueFan
hanallalone
GrimReaperD
SOCCER TRUTH
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

D2 CL - who wins it all???? Empty D2 CL - who wins it all????

Post by SOCCER TRUTH 10/24/2015, 10:18 am

Any early thoughts on who takes in all in the Spring?

I'm seeing some early Fall favorites! D1 teams should pay attention.

SOCCER TRUTH
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

D2 CL - who wins it all???? Empty Re: D2 CL - who wins it all????

Post by GrimReaperD 10/24/2015, 12:03 pm

The only two teams that the top two D2 teams could beat in D1 are the Texans bottom dwellers, which aren't D1 teams to begin with. And it really will not matter much anyhow since the teams next year will go through yet another big change when the league goes age pure.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SOCCER TRUTH 10/24/2015, 4:17 pm

Good point Grim...next year will be a new game.

However, we've played both the top of D2 and most of the D1 teams over the last year. The upper level D1 teams would have trouble against the top 2 of D2. Just saying...

SOCCER TRUTH
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 10/24/2015, 5:51 pm

SOCCER TRUTH wrote:Good point Grim...next year will be a new game.

However, we've played both the top of D2 and most of the D1 teams over the last year.  The upper level D1 teams would have trouble against the top 2 of D2.  Just saying...

Haven't seen the #1 team in a bit (in a year), but the #2 team (Andromeda) is no where near where the top sides in D1 are at the moment... Just saying... There is a HUGE difference between FCDP, ODY, the 2 Solar teams, and the current #2 in D2 Andromeda...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD 10/24/2015, 7:01 pm

Start by having the top D2 LP team beat Hunt and Trevino, and then we can talk about wagering a little money, or a lot if money if you'd like. Top 2 D1 vs top 2 D2, and lets see what happens.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 10/24/2015, 7:36 pm

GrimReaperD wrote:Start by having the top D2 LP team beat Hunt and Trevino, and then we can talk about wagering a little money, or a lot if money if you'd like.  Top 2 D1 vs top 2 D2, and lets see what happens.

I'm with Grim on this one...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/24/2015, 9:36 pm

The Top 5 are called the "Top 5" because they are 5 strongest, most consistent teams in the Age Group not just the division. These teams are given special status because they can beat any team in APL, PPL, or CL and represent the legitimate 1-5 positions in the table of the top league (CL) in the top division (D1).

When a top 5 falls out of the sky it's because the players have moved to pre academy, which is why this years Dallas Texans top 5 is in the tank. Teams that promote into CL D1 would better serve their interests by focusing on staying out of position 9 and 10 instead of poking the top 5 in the eye which can result in an inflated scoreline against the newbie that is not so nice.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco Goal 10/25/2015, 9:17 am

Great convo. Definitely a difference between top D2 and D1.

Would be fun anyways :-)

Frisco Goal
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 10/26/2015, 8:36 am

Shrug.   Hunt was in D2 last year, and they seem like a pretty solid D1 team this year. The first place undefeated team in U14 D1 was in D2 last year, so no telling what might happen year to year.

As for right now, D1 ain't great top to bottom.   There is nothing magical about being in the top 5 or whatever. I'm sure there are teams in the top of D2 who would beat more than the 9th/10th place D1 teams.   Ayses is the 5th place team in D2.   Hunt is the 5th place team in D1.   At PLD Ayses won 3-1. Andro is 2-1 vs bottom half D1 teams post-August. Ayses has played three competitive games against the current top two D1 teams this season. There isn't a lot to suggest that D2 is helpless.

Yes, I think BB's team would win D2. But who knows, got other shite to worry about. Things change.   Things will likely change a lot next year.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 10/26/2015, 12:14 pm

Number13 wrote:
Yes, I think BB's team would win D2.   But who knows, got other shite to worry about.    Things change.   Things will likely change a lot next year.    

Next year the whole thing is going to reboot itself and the only prediction is change. There will be new teams formed and a new top 5 group will emerge that will hopefully stay a level above the competition that distinguishes them above all the other teams in the age group.

If we go to a U11 and U12 DA option that is fully funded, we will see an earlier challenge against the big clubs in CL because the smaller clubs usually have to develop their talent over a longer period of time to remain successful which equates to them having the quality teams. The secret to longevity is a consistent coaching method with a focus on technique. Combine that with player familiarity and you have the basis for a stronger more concerted team effort.

Solar Castro, Odyssey, FCDP, and Dallas Texans were consistently at the top because they followed this guideline.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Frisco Goal 10/26/2015, 11:14 pm

PLF,

Great points. Consistency is THE KEY!

Frisco Goal
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by frequent flyer 10/28/2015, 4:11 pm

Number13 wrote:Shrug.   Hunt was in D2 last year, and they seem like a pretty solid D1 team this year.   The first place undefeated team in U14 D1 was in D2 last year, so no telling what might happen year to year.  

As for right now, D1 ain't great top to bottom.   There is nothing magical about being in the top 5 or whatever.  I'm sure there are teams in the top of D2 who would beat more than the 9th/10th place D1 teams.    Ayses is the 5th place team in D2.   Hunt is the 5th place team in D1.   At PLD Ayses won 3-1.    Andro is 2-1 vs bottom half D1 teams post-August.   Ayses has played three competitive games against the current top two D1 teams this season.   There isn't a lot to suggest that D2 is helpless.

Yes, I think BB's team would win D2.   But who knows, got other shite to worry about.    Things change.   Things will likely change a lot next year.    

Right now I think the top two teams in D3 can give the top two teams in D2 a run for their money. I think it's all relative right now.
frequent flyer
frequent flyer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 10/28/2015, 5:00 pm

frequent flyer wrote:
Number13 wrote:Shrug.   Hunt was in D2 last year, and they seem like a pretty solid D1 team this year.   The first place undefeated team in U14 D1 was in D2 last year, so no telling what might happen year to year.  

As for right now, D1 ain't great top to bottom.   There is nothing magical about being in the top 5 or whatever.  I'm sure there are teams in the top of D2 who would beat more than the 9th/10th place D1 teams.    Ayses is the 5th place team in D2.   Hunt is the 5th place team in D1.   At PLD Ayses won 3-1.    Andro is 2-1 vs bottom half D1 teams post-August.   Ayses has played three competitive games against the current top two D1 teams this season.   There isn't a lot to suggest that D2 is helpless.

Right now I think the top two teams in D3 can give the top two teams in D2 a run for their money.  I think it's all relative right now.

Team tied for 1st (Zeph Badii) in D3 beat top team in D2 at Plano Labor Day... Who knows what team will show up to play with 12-13 year olds...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by booe817 12/12/2015, 10:17 pm

Andro beat FCD Premier in the Dallas Texans Tournament. FYI.

booe817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 12/12/2015, 10:32 pm

booe817 wrote:Andro beat FCD Premier in the Dallas Texans Tournament. FYI.

I don't think that FCDP has forgotten that loss yet either! cherry
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by booe817 12/12/2015, 11:22 pm

And Andro beat Liverpool Hunt today . Probably right Premier!!!

booe817
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 12/13/2015, 12:32 am

Andro gets a chance play the Liverpool PA team tomorrow and whatever they are doing I'd say keep it up!  Hunt is a strong team in D1 and the Andro win against them today is excellent.

I am sure that LFCA is just loving seeing that Andro name at the top of the standings after the first day of their tournament. lol!
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD 12/13/2015, 4:42 pm

At the end of the day it comes down to the coach and if he can make kids better, and subsequently the team.  Sounds like Sawyer is doing a decent job with Andromeda, but Liverpool Hunt is NOT a strong team in D1.  Not sure where PLF gets that from, they have won 3 games, two against the bottom dweller Texans and one against Cruz Azul.  Wilco is a decent coach but does not make kids better.  He gets teams to D1 but will never compete consistently with the top teams.  Having big kids will get you a surprise win or tie on occasion, but that's where it ends.  Just look at his team at the beginning of the year compared to end of the year and you will see some progress but not much. Then again, you can say that about most coaches around here. There are only a handlful that make kids and teams progress, and sometimes at a cost.

With PA, classic has lost much talent, and there's only enough left to make 4 or 5 solid teams at the top. Next years shuffle should make things a tad more interesting.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 12/13/2015, 4:45 pm

I heard Hunt lost to Owen 3-1, so mixed results are plentiful in this tourney...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 12/14/2015, 11:36 am

I still think Andro deserves credit for winning against a D1 LFCA Hunt team that is good enough to keep their spot in CL. Andromeda has a good group of BB's that want to succeed and I like that they can consistently upset D1 teams in tournament play.

Life as we know it is going to change next year anyway as the 03/03 and 03/04 players are combined when they go age pure in the 03 division next season.

I think the 03 division is a complete wash next year, but it will be very interesting as this years CL top 5 enters the 02 division.

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 12/14/2015, 12:40 pm

The andro game and LP Rush that was scheduled on Sunday was going to be a good game.

LP Hunt -LP Owen game was a great game to watch. LP Owens has a some fire power. Their defense was solid and only gave up a lucky goal. Their keeper kept them in the game and the offense finished up the game. Even with LP Hunt with their guest players they couldn't beat LP Owens

If the games were played on Sunday it appeared that it was going to be a rematch between LP Owens - LP Rush with LP Rush winning that one 3-1. It was a close game being 1-1 at half and then the last 15 minutes LP Rush getting 2 goals. It could had been more if it wasn't for LP Owens keeper making some great saves in the second half.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD 12/14/2015, 2:32 pm

Sounds like LP Owens has some players on that team. Isn't that usually where Trevino gets his guest players from when he needs to beat up on LP Hunt in the inter-division D1 rivalry? Doesn't seem too fair, but Trevino needs something, cause it's not going to come from developing or coaching. LP needs to find a solid coach for the 03s that can form a true top team and compete. But with all the internal politics at that club, it will never happen, the guy at the top is clueless and easily manipulated. Too bad really.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccer27 12/14/2015, 2:51 pm

I can not testify to Trevino's coaching. It appears the kids really like him and so do the parents. Maybe it's winning that makes thinks a little more tolerable.

The internal politics is in every club. The longer your bio is the better your supposed to be as a coach? I don't believe that is all true but it appears the big clubs believe so. Coach Albert Herrera-LP Owens has brought that team from APL D1 to Classic and beating and competing with D1 teams. That is with no recruitment or guest playing but rather develop the kids you have on your team. Maybe that's what LP needs is a coach that believes in development with what you have.

I'm still a believer In what Trevino began at TFC in how he brought in all the 03s and tried to form a 1st team, 2nd team, 3rd team and within that you are able to develop players and move them up or down as the staff feels that is appropriate. But with parent egos and coaches egos development was thrown out the window and it was about their own pride.

Soccer27
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 12/14/2015, 4:38 pm

Owen has a few solid weapons and is on the right track as a group... They are not going to consistently hang with the top 3-4 teams (at the moment) due to depth, but they do have the ability to surprise teams that are overlooking them as a D3 team... I hope they can keep their star players and continue to develop; they do have something (in my opinion)... They remind me of Cruz Azul with their big attacking players, but the CA team also has a beast of a keeper who has been getting blasted by the top teams and for the most part kept them in the game due to his size and adult like reflexes... If Owen can keep their top players they could climb the ladder, but they do need a few more pieces (like all of us)... Next year should be interesting!
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by GrimReaperD 12/14/2015, 4:48 pm

Maybe coach Herrera should be given a shot with the top team, cause Trevino hasn't done much with it, other than borrow players when he needs a desperate win. But that's part of the issue with LP, they have a bunch of coaches all doing their own thing, and trying to steal players away from their own. And you may believe in what Trevino started, but it was never a transparent process. Kids from other LP teams are never even given a chance to make the top team, it's all about what Trevino thinks.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next