Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

D2 CL - who wins it all???? - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

D2 CL - who wins it all????

+8
booe817
frequent flyer
Number13
Frisco Goal
PremierLeagueFan
hanallalone
GrimReaperD
SOCCER TRUTH
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

D2 CL - who wins it all???? - Page 2 Empty Re: D2 CL - who wins it all????

Post by GrimReaperD 12/14/2015, 4:48 pm

Maybe coach Herrera should be given a shot with the top team, cause Trevino hasn't done much with it, other than borrow players when he needs a desperate win. But that's part of the issue with LP, they have a bunch of coaches all doing their own thing, and trying to steal players away from their own. And you may believe in what Trevino started, but it was never a transparent process. Kids from other LP teams are never even given a chance to make the top team, it's all about what Trevino thinks.

GrimReaperD
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 12/14/2015, 5:23 pm

GrimReaperD wrote:Maybe coach Herrera should be given a shot with the top team, cause Trevino hasn't done much with it, other than borrow players when he needs a desperate win.  But that's part of the issue with LP, they have a bunch of coaches all doing their own thing, and trying to steal players away from their own.  And you may believe in what Trevino started, but it was never a transparent process.  Kids from other LP teams are never even given a chance to make the top team, it's all about what Trevino thinks.

NAILED IT.....Drops microphone
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hanallalone 12/14/2015, 5:59 pm

Kinda why I said I hope they keep their players; if the stars are already guest playing to help one LP team beat another LP team??? Hopefully those boys don't think the grass is greener and bail on their current team to find out that it was just grass...
hanallalone
hanallalone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 12/14/2015, 8:57 pm

I think it's a shame that LFCA doesn't pool their talent and make an Elite team that is more representative of the clubs best players.

On the other hand, I wish that Castro would put his CL team in SCPL and give them more opportunities to gel as a top team.

Classic League will continue to improve and be relevant if the top 5 is composed of more dual rostered teams that battle in SCPL and TEPAL.

Difficult challenges for the top 5 means that D1 will remain highly competitive because the top 5 will be much more battle hardened and more difficult to beat.

So far it looks like Odyssey is gonna be at the top of the table in both SCPL and CL this season and since they are always consistently challenging to play against, their presence in D1 helps us to maintain our prestige.

PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Joga14:55 12/16/2015, 4:53 pm

For those who don't know Coach Herrera he's top shelf. Both as a person and Coach. He's brought this team from the bottom of Plano d-2 to Classic even after losing his stronger players when he initially took the team. Hell of a Coach.
Joga14:55
Joga14:55
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatRUTalkingAbout 3/19/2016, 6:59 pm

A lots of testosterone in the top flop D1 03B super duper teams. Especially the fathers of the players look like eat testosterone for a breakfast with their fat free milk. I have personally seen many times mid of the table D2 teams kick the ass of the top D1 teams. But it is hard to convince people with big ego how wrong and unfair they are. Especially a must say is, your top flop D1 O3B super duper teams are full of bullish type monsters with zero football talent. They roaster kids mostly born 02, not to say how many 01 players are illegally playing with made birth certificates. At the end of the day, the whole system sucks! It is all made around not developing talent but making rankings, divisions (even the name suggests to divide...), and support big egos. Viva the american football, pardon me ... "soccer".

WhatRUTalkingAbout
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 3/19/2016, 10:10 pm

WhatRUTalkingAbout wrote:A lots of testosterone in the top flop D1 03B super duper teams. Especially the fathers of the players look like eat testosterone for a breakfast with their fat free milk. I have personally seen many times mid of the table D2 teams kick the ass of the top D1 teams. But it is hard to convince people with big ego how wrong and unfair they are. Especially a must say is, your top flop D1 O3B super duper teams are full of bullish type monsters with zero football talent. They roaster kids mostly born 02, not to say how many 01 players are illegally playing with made birth certificates. At the end of the day, the whole system sucks! It is all made around not developing talent but making rankings, divisions (even the name suggests to divide...), and support big egos. Viva the american football, pardon me ... "soccer".

Sounds like you have an axe to grind with the D1 teams, but all you need to do is win d2 and promote so you can get a shot at putting us all in our place.

It's funny how many times you hear about a win against a top team in a tournament and then somehow that translates into being one of the D1 killers.

D1 is a grind and most teams get hammered in the first half of the season because in D1 you need to win week-after-week, month-after-month because that is what separates the top tier from the rest and I can assure you it's a lot harder than you think.

Dallas Cup starts tomorrow so I would encourage you to watch our top teams play and see what you think.

Maybe next year you will get your chance when age pure goes into effect and if that happens I would be interested in hearing about your experience. cheers
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by mpcls55 3/20/2016, 2:10 am

Is anyone forgetting that they are 13 and you never know what you will get? Then you have a good portion of dads telling their sons they are better then their teammates and causing early life diva syndrome. I think everyone here has "Low T" until they get behind a monitor. Age pure is going to be very interesting and yet very humbling for some.

Good luck to all the 03's repping at the DC in a little while

mpcls55
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 3/20/2016, 7:36 am

mpcls55 wrote:Is anyone forgetting that they are 13 and you never know what you will get?  Then you have a good portion of dads telling their sons they are better then their teammates and causing early life diva syndrome.  I think everyone here has "Low T" until they get behind a monitor. Age pure is going to be very interesting and yet very humbling for some.

Good luck to all the 03's  repping at the DC in a little while

I agree and have seen first hand the difficulty of playing age pure. I have an 02/03 and when he plays age pure the extra year advantage of 02/02 players is obvious not just in physical size, but in tactical ability and decision making which gives an older player more confidence on the pitch.

We are at an age now where the big T is kicking in on some of our players and it is a bit intimidating when you see a 14 year old with tree trunk thighs heading straight towards you at lightning speed.

The teams lucky enough to be playing age pure in SCPL, TEPAL and SRPL are getting an early glimpse of what the age pure scenario looks like and I hope they will share some of those experiences with the forum so we can get a more well rounded viewpoint of what to expect.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by WhatRUTalkingAbout 3/20/2016, 5:50 pm

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
Sounds like you have an axe to grind with the D1 teams, but all you need to do is win d2 and promote so you can get a shot at putting us all in our place.

Yes, only that you guys isolated from the very beginning 2 years ago as pseudo elite. Obviously the wrong system with the huge fields and the huge goals and the wrong 11v11 made the physically stronger teams to land in D1. After that point of time it is very very difficult to go up, because they are only 2 spots. You are the "chosen".

Keep in mind, that once your team is in D1, you also much easier recruit good players from lower divisions during next seasons.

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
It's funny how many times you hear about a win against a top team in a tournament and then somehow that translates into being one of the D1 killers.

Needless to say, that your players come to these tournaments with the big egos and "surprisingly" get beaten. But hey, like I said, you isolated, this is the only chance for the "lower quality" kids to show something.

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
D1 is a grind and most teams get hammered in the first half of the season because in D1 you need to win week-after-week, month-after-month because that is what separates the top tier from the rest and I can assure you it's a lot harder than you think.

Well, even in D3 you have to win every single game to survive, so, that is not an excuse. And ... that mentality of wining at all means is one of the BIG mistakes of the current football "development" system in US.

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
Dallas Cup starts tomorrow so I would encourage you to watch our top teams play and see what you think.

Why in the world do you think I have never watched quality football? I don't think there is much to see there, same stuff as usual. Also, it is worth to mention, once you separated as elite teams 2 years ago, thereof now you and only you get the sweet spot to be only (oh these are the Gods!!!) invited to the Dallas Cup!

PremierLeagueFan wrote:
Maybe next year you will get your chance when age pure goes into effect and if that happens I would be interested in hearing about your experience. cheers

Maybe. Not sure. Even that is wrong. Pure age group is **NOT** a better decision. Nobody does that in the developed football countries, I don't know where they have stolen that model. Russia? Brazil? Countries where the season is calendar year probably. Everybody aligns with the school year around the world. Because now you will have kids from middle school and high school in the same team. Not sure how that is any better. A year is a year and no matter the month you start counting it. It is still 12 months.

There is only one positive change in my opinion: they finally understood that going on big fields and huge goals and No.5 balls (haha, they could play with basket balls maybe that's a kick power right there!!!) so early is a non sense and really just harms, because it develops wrong skills! The whole demand there is: can you run a lot, can you clear in a doubt, can you pass long passes, can you tackle (are you bullish enough), can you score from the middle of the field. None of these is a character of the modern football style. Concerning the fitness development, that also is wrong, as it is more close to the domestic experience with the american football which is a very physical sport but it is a very different dimension of athletic skills.

After all that, I have to say: Have simple street football. Kids get the ball and go out and play. For free. For hours and hours and hours every day. If you want me, I can write I doctorate dissertation on this to explain why it is better. But have no more time, quite busy with this american life, sorry.

cheers

WhatRUTalkingAbout
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PremierLeagueFan 3/20/2016, 7:03 pm

Hmm... sounds like you have had a pretty difficult time competing against the better teams and are now just throwing out excuses ranging from physical size to field size to ball size to age purity.

I don't have a problem with the bigger field and bigger ball and after watching our teams play today it's obvious that skill overcomes size.

If you hate that you cannot overcome these limitations or if you are just frustrated and need to vent, I totally understand, but the fact remains that winning advances you up the table and there is no other way get there.

I think the true measure of a team is the quality of their game so please let us know which teams in D2, D3, PPL, or APL that we should watch to understand your perspective better.
PremierLeagueFan
PremierLeagueFan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2