Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

00 - Who will make D1? - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

00 - Who will make D1?

+25
ratedPG13
pull_your_line
rdg
tigre4now
BTMason
rqps
starbucks
SoccerXXX
Amidoinitrite?
regulator
Marmaduke
merlin
KingFC
Andro00Red
The German
jimulon6
soccerpapa
R1
corner
TxHunter
kurra
me
warhawk
Rightback
indyfc
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

00 - Who will make D1? - Page 3 Empty Re: 00 - Who will make D1?

Post by Rightback 6/24/2010, 12:06 pm

starbucks wrote:At this age parents should be looking for the best developmental coach and club possible. The kids should enjoy it, not worry so much about winning or losing, but on really learning to play the game.

From experience with a 96 bb, by the age of U15 many players will have burned out from the churn and burn of this madness. My older son played for a small club, great coach, very patient, taught the boys well, played in Plano for 4 years. Yes....Plano. His friends at school teased him who were on larger clubs playing in higher divisions. Well....its U15, he loves the game was ready to make a change, moving to D1 Classic as a starter. Joined ODP this fall and made the state team. Do I have any regrets? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Did we leave the big club after U10 academy? YES.

His longevity, stamina, and maturity for the environment is very solid and he has so much potential moving through high school.

Plan to do the same thing with my 00 bb, same coach - same club, because it was a really healthy way to go and what I want for my kids is to love the game and enjoy the experience while learning all the way. Oh... and by the way, there is ALWAYS opportunity for making a change with a quality player to a new team at any year. Best wishes to all of you.....I don't envy your journey!

Had a similar experience. Believe the same things. Way too much is made out of who is playing at what level. They should play, have a great time, get great training, and if they mature into it they can play at a high level if it is warranted, if it appeals to them, and from a parents point of view it keeps them off the street...

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 6/24/2010, 12:07 pm

You can play for whoever you want as long as the official roster is updated.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by ratedPG13 6/24/2010, 12:09 pm

The German wrote:You can play for whoever you want as long as the official roster is updated.

Thanks German 00 - Who will make D1? - Page 3 Icon_wink . That's what I meant by "guest", technically every academy player is a "guest" as there is no contract, as long as they are on a roster it all good baby!
ratedPG13
ratedPG13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by liebevin 6/24/2010, 12:12 pm

The German wrote:You can play for whoever you want as long as the official roster is updated.
Assuming that the "guest" who never practiced with a team that prctices very far away went to the home association of the team and payed the fees to be put on the roster..then yes, anyone can play for whomever....correct?
liebevin
liebevin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by ratedPG13 6/24/2010, 12:17 pm

liebevin wrote:
Assuming that the "guest" who never practiced with a team that prctices very far away went to the home association of the team and payed the fees to be put on the roster..then yes, anyone can play for whomever....correct?

You got it!
ratedPG13
ratedPG13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 6/24/2010, 4:08 pm

starbucks wrote:At this age parents should be looking for the best developmental coach and club possible. The kids should enjoy it, not worry so much about winning or losing, but on really learning to play the game.

From experience with a 96 bb, by the age of U15 many players will have burned out from the churn and burn of this madness. My older son played for a small club, great coach, very patient, taught the boys well, played in Plano for 4 years. Yes....Plano. His friends at school teased him who were on larger clubs playing in higher divisions. Well....its U15, he loves the game was ready to make a change, moving to D1 Classic as a starter. Joined ODP this fall and made the state team. Do I have any regrets? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Did we leave the big club after U10 academy? YES.

His longevity, stamina, and maturity for the environment is very solid and he has so much potential moving through high school.

Plan to do the same thing with my 00 bb, same coach - same club, because it was a really healthy way to go and what I want for my kids is to love the game and enjoy the experience while learning all the way. Oh... and by the way, there is ALWAYS opportunity for making a change with a quality player to a new team at any year. Best wishes to all of you.....I don't envy your journey!
Great subject!

What part does winning have in "having love for the game" though? I don't know of many kids who love to play games that they lose at all the time. Is the burn out mentioned above due to too much focus being placed on development and none on winning whatsoever?

I would like to think that at some point the game has to be played with the intent to win vs. develop. What are you developing for? 90% - 95% of the kids playing soccer now will not play soccer past high school. Wouldn't these kids be better served by learning how to win vs. continue to develop a skill that is not going to take them anywhere?

For instance a U16 team in DIII of the Classic League. No player being recruited to play college on the team, no player being asked to play on a DI team. Why not teach this team how to win vs. continue to try and develop them. Again, what are they developing for? Wouldn't winning serve their self esteem more? Wouldn't that motivate them to keep playing a beautiful game?

I don't have the answers, and believe me, I agree with what starbucks posted above, but I have had those questions asked to me by other parents.
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 6/24/2010, 4:19 pm

Why would coaches who are paid to win games coach development? My understanding is that any large club's' top team, in any age group, is a group of the most talented kids they can amass who overwhelm other teams and win based on talent, not development through coaching. I'm guessing this attitude permeates all the big clubs' top teams. This statement based on observation and conversation with people who know more than I. German, call me crazy and set me straight. After all, it is all about money, as you told me previously right? More wins = better players =better teams = more wins = more money, right?

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 6/24/2010, 4:29 pm

To add to that, wouldn't all the crazy stuff happening right now, with teams vanishing and merging, players moving, etc...does any of that make it appear that ANYONE, any club, coach, player, or parent is truly interested in staying put and developing their game? If so, why all this madness?

My son has played on 3 Academy teams since last spring. I've been called a team jumper(don't care). I moved my bb because I wanted 2 things-- for my bb to play the best teams available, and to give him a chance to enjoy soccer, i.e., to win. IMO, development happens at the individual level. anyway, bot in a team practice. Coaches, often running multiple teams, don't have the time to do that.

I guess my point is anyone jumping from team to team doesn't give a hoot about development---they want to win. There's no shame in that, is there?

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbucks 6/24/2010, 5:02 pm

You all are funny....you equate development as a body outside of winning (at any level). It could be both, and for our team it was, but if you put all your emphasis on winning for the sake of development, you will pay the price in the older age groups.

All the club boys have played school ball for their middle schools from the district we are from. Many of the hotshots of the U11 and U12 world have fallen, technically they are not as sound as those who spent time developing their game. Puberty....it has a HUGE factor in it as well, but combined it can turn the tables in a year and those who were suppose to be great and played on win only teams, are not showing nearly as well as others. If you aren't there yet, you will see what I mean in a few years. To me U11 - U14 should continue to be about development and as a result of teaching a quality game, you can get the results. Certainly not as fast as stacking the deck with pure size and speed. This is not a sprint, it is a marathon and going into U11, we are only in about mile 9 of the race.

And yes.... among all the craziness there are pockets of stability and tranquility. Our 00 team is one of them. 15 finished the academy season, 14 want to play select....we are looking to finish out the roster, but NOBODY jumped ship for another team. They have all improved and play better and better each each year. And yes, our coach focuses on the individual and team. You must if you want the team to play together well. What more could one ask for at this point no matter what division the team ends up in?
starbucks
starbucks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jimulon6 6/24/2010, 5:08 pm

Let me clarify. I don't agree with the "win" mentality, but it is just what I see here. You make great points, and, no, I'm not there yet. But I do believe that, in this environment, if a bb wants to develop his skills, he must be willing to do a lot on his own, because of the nature of youth soccer in North Texas. We are fortunate--we found a team that is both winning, and trying to develop skills to help them get better. I just don't think that there are many clubs trying to do that. That's all I'm sayin'.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMason 6/24/2010, 5:13 pm

The bottom line is simple. There are two camps here. There is the camp that believes that it all about the name, and with the name comes the mark-up. The name itself becomes the
downfall of many of the coaches and interactions with the kids. With the largest clubs your earnings are based upon your records. If your doing well, you can get better teams and charge
more money per player.

The question with this camp is, how does the coach actually ignite the passion for the game in the kids when he/she is under direct pressure to perform? We dont
bring our kids to our work environments because the corperate world is cut throat and would suck the life from a child. Why play for any coach who has lost his passion for the pure
game and now is a corperate american coach? I wouldnt, at least not before the U16 age.

Which brings me to the second camp. I my opinion, this camp philisophically believes that it is about what their kids love to do! Certainly, it is difficult because they are torn with the
multitude of decisions that are availableto them. Which coach will be the best combination of teacher and motivator, who teaches in a manner my child responds best to?? There are so
many options, and realistcally so little time to look at them all. I do not envy these parents.

Regardless of who you choose to coach your children or which camp you belong, try to find places where your children can play without limits. Pick-up games with mixed ages, and
multiple cultures. We do not have alot of places here in DFW for this but they do exist if you look for them... If you really want them to become all they can be, then let them find time to
be free! In those types of situations scores dont matter and often times are not kept, its about .... the move... the assist... the shot.... the dream!

Soccer is a sport about artists and their canvas of grass!

JOGO BONITO!!!

BTMason
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by warhawk 6/24/2010, 5:24 pm

All of the teams that are being talked about will make D1 you only have to be in the top twenty????
warhawk
warhawk
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by starbucks 6/26/2010, 2:40 pm

So sad....talked with two families this week that have pulled out of the "rat race" at the top. The first was disgusted by all the drama and politics. They have moved their bb's to a smaller club to play. They already seem more settled and happier at the thought of playing in a more fun and conducive environment for long term growth and development. I am happy for them!

The second is a schoolmate of my 00 bb. Talented boy playing on one of the "big five". He's out...done. I tried to talk about this a couple of years ago, but they were head strong on playing for the top teams. Winning, winning, winning at all cost! Talked today....she said he has lost his desire to play soccer. Said it was the coach....to intense and condescending was the words she used. She is sad and so am I for the boy.

Like I said....it is already showing up and what a waste, because the second boy had so much potential. Never saw the other bb's play, but hear they are very good as well. Once again, I am glad we are where we are. Longevity, growth, fun, happiness....love of the game. All in the best interest of these young boys!
starbucks
starbucks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bunited 6/27/2010, 10:58 am

starbucks wrote:So sad....talked with two families this week that have pulled out of the "rat race" at the top. The first was disgusted by all the drama and politics. They have moved their bb's to a smaller club to play. They already seem more settled and happier at the thought of playing in a more fun and conducive environment for long term growth and development. I am happy for them!

The second is a schoolmate of my 00 bb. Talented boy playing on one of the "big five". He's out...done. I tried to talk about this a couple of years ago, but they were head strong on playing for the top teams. Winning, winning, winning at all cost! Talked today....she said he has lost his desire to play soccer. Said it was the coach....to intense and condescending was the words she used. She is sad and so am I for the boy.

Like I said....it is already showing up and what a waste, because the second boy had so much potential. Never saw the other bb's play, but hear they are very good as well. Once again, I am glad we are where we are. Longevity, growth, fun, happiness....love of the game. All in the best interest of these young boys!
Starbucks, once again you've hit the nail on the head. Precisely the reason we have kept our kids -- for 4 years now -- with a club/coach that excels in development, and subsequently results, but values love and enjoyment of the game above all. My boys have developed amazingly in this atmosphere and will be ready for D1 when that becomes important: U14/15. We have a low turnover as a result and will hit D1 on our own, without club/coach jumping, as a team.

Having said this, it can be VERY hard to avoid the lure of larger clubs at times, but that is just from a parent's perspective. My boys have no wish to move from where they are, no matter how glittery the promises of playing D1 soccer may be. But lines of communication are always open with a coach likes ours, and loyalty, honesty and a level head prevail.

After five years of select and six kids at various ages and stages of development, I can honestly say it seems to get worse every year. Parents and their kids continue to be lured by the big club scene, some of whom lose their love, some of whom excel. I guess it just comes down to the gamble you're personally willing to take. I once heard a wise man, who also took all 6 of his kids through select soccer in NTX, and subsequently on to college, say that a friend of his admitted that he basically subjected his son to 6 years of "child abuse" in order to get him to where he is now--playing college soccer at a title I school. He now believes it could have been done differently.

Hindsight from those who have gone before us.

Just because your bb can play on a D1/top 5 team doesn't mean he should. Consideration of a 10-20 team, or even a 20-30 team, can mean the difference between a soccer career that lasts a lifetime and one that ends badly after very few. I am truly happy for those who achieve success at that level at this age, but the truth remains that very, VERY few of these boys will be playing with those coaches/teams in 2 years. I think that says it all.
bunited
bunited
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by starbucks 6/27/2010, 10:12 pm

Kudos to you Bunited! Sometimes I think I am the only fish swimming up stream on this topic.
I encourage parents who are of the same philosophy to contact Bunited or myself to get involved in teams like these. Yes, the turnover is low and for good reason. I hope you have a great year!
starbucks
starbucks
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by klangston 6/28/2010, 4:23 pm

Does anyone know how to the the gotsoccer.com page to let you register your team for the upcoming Classic QT? From the Classic League's website you are re-routed when you click the registration hyperlink to the gotsoccer.com page to register. But, if you are an existing U-10 team the gotsoccer.com page says "No groups available for Boys U10. Your application can not be submitted." You cannot change the age of your team on your gotsoccer.com homepage, it specifically says that you must use the dropdown list which continues to list 00's as "U-10". It says that it will automatically change their age on August 1, 2010. That, as you know is two weeks AFTER the QT registration deadline of July 14th!! Not much good if you can't register before the deadline. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

klangston
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cornerkick96 6/28/2010, 5:52 pm

klangston wrote:Does anyone know how to the the gotsoccer.com page to let you register your team for the upcoming Classic QT? From the Classic League's website you are re-routed when you click the registration hyperlink to the gotsoccer.com page to register. But, if you are an existing U-10 team the gotsoccer.com page says "No groups available for Boys U10. Your application can not be submitted." You cannot change the age of your team on your gotsoccer.com homepage, it specifically says that you must use the dropdown list which continues to list 00's as "U-10". It says that it will automatically change their age on August 1, 2010. That, as you know is two weeks AFTER the QT registration deadline of July 14th!! Not much good if you can't register before the deadline. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
I believe you have to create a new GotSoccer account at U11 (think I saw that somewhere at least but I could be mistaken). If you call the Chamber Classic office they should be able to point you in the right direction - with something this important its better to do that than believe anything you read on here 00 - Who will make D1? - Page 3 Icon_smile
cornerkick96
cornerkick96
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by klangston 7/9/2010, 10:43 am

Chamber Classic has now resolved this problem and you DO NOT have to create a new account. The gotsoccer.com website will allow you to register your U-10 for the Classic League Qualifying Tournament.

klangston
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3