Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16. Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16.

+11
rowdy39tx
soccerdad1
THE NEEDLE
cancha123
Its Me
Goal4Momma
soccerkraut
south
off_the_woodwork
happyfeet
norwich city
15 posters

Go down

Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16. Empty Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16.

Post by norwich city 8/4/2010, 8:18 pm

Division 2 and 3 will go back to the old sub rule,Division 1 will continue with the current sub rule.
norwich city
norwich city
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16. Empty Re: Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16.

Post by happyfeet 8/4/2010, 9:47 pm

U17 and U19, as well (D2 and 3)
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 8/4/2010, 10:27 pm

What was the rationale for that decision?

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/5/2010, 6:44 am

The original rationale was to make it more like college so the boys could get used to it. Most D2 and D3 players won't play college. Additionally, I think the coaches were taking some flak from parents. The coaches committee asked to have it changed back...the board obliged.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by south 8/5/2010, 6:48 am

Where did they announce this?
south
south
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerkraut 8/5/2010, 8:50 am

Just spoke to a CL commishioner - The limited sub rule will indeed only apply to D1.
D2 & D3 will continue to abide by last year's sub rules.

Last edited by soccerkraut on 8/5/2010, 8:59 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Text Format Problem)
soccerkraut
soccerkraut
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/5/2010, 9:28 am

south wrote:Where did they announce this?
It was voted on last night. It will be communicated at the managers' meeting and the rules will be updated on the website.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 8/5/2010, 1:52 pm

happyfeet wrote:The original rationale was to make it more like college so the boys could get used to it. Most D2 and D3 players won't play college. Additionally, I think the coaches were taking some flak from parents. The coaches committee asked to have it changed back...the board obliged.
Happy Feet... I disagree about only D1 players making it college soccer. I believe that there are diamonds in the rough that play D2 or D3 for coaches that have major connections in the college community and can help develop the players to their fullest potential.
Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16. Icon_queen
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Its Me 8/5/2010, 3:14 pm

Goal4Momma wrote:
happyfeet wrote:The original rationale was to make it more like college so the boys could get used to it. Most D2 and D3 players won't play college. Additionally, I think the coaches were taking some flak from parents. The coaches committee asked to have it changed back...the board obliged.
Happy Feet... I disagree about only D1 players making it college soccer. I believe that there are diamonds in the rough that play D2 or D3 for coaches that have major connections in the college community and can help develop the players to their fullest potential.
I would have to agree with momma on this. That's a stupid statement. What coach told you that during the recruiting process? Especially when you look a the teams this year in the U16 division that just pulled teams together just for the byes.
Its Me
Its Me
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cancha123 8/5/2010, 3:30 pm

'Most D2 and D3 players won't play college??'
Yea, not sure what the reasons were for the sub rule change, but I like to think that the above was not one of the reasons.

cancha123
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 8/5/2010, 4:07 pm

Goal4Momma wrote:
I agree with both of you.
Most D2 and D3 players will not play college soccer.
A few D2 and D3 players will play college soccer.
And my own axiom: a large number of D1 players will not play college soccer.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/5/2010, 4:18 pm

I guess I should have left the coaches' rationale out of it and merely passed on the results; however, someone asked, so I repeated what YOUR coaches told us. I'm sure there were a myriad of reasons and this was just one of them.
Certainly, there are players from D2 and 3 who play college soccer. As for it being a "stupid statement"...sorry, "It's Me", to disappoint you, but the majority (i.e.most) do not.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 8/5/2010, 4:38 pm

No worries Happy Feet-just a slow day on the forum Smile
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Goal4Momma 8/5/2010, 4:50 pm

I would like to add that some of the discussion also centered around the importance of developing players and that the sub rule in the D2-D3 Divisions didn't promote development. It forced coaches to play their starters and sub only when absolutely necessary. I think there were several reasons as to the rational and I personally am grateful that the change was made! Especially with the heat of the summer upon us! Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16. Icon_queen

And no one said you were stupid Happy Feet... cuz you ain't!
Goal4Momma
Goal4Momma
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16. Empty "Sub Rule Changes"

Post by rowdy39tx 8/5/2010, 4:52 pm

So does that mean if they are D2/D3 this year but reach D1 w/ in a few years they still wont play college? Since it is U-15 and up. Or were we just speaking of college aged players?

rowdy39tx
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/5/2010, 4:54 pm

Goal4Momma wrote:I would like to add that some of the discussion also centered around the importance of developing players and that the sub rule in the D2-D3 Divisions didn't promote development. It forced coaches to play their starters and sub only when absolutely necessary. I think there were several reasons as to the rational and I personally am grateful that the change was made! Especially with the heat of the summer upon us! Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16. Icon_queen

And no one said you were stupid Happy Feet... cuz you ain't!
Ahhh....thanks! Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16. Icon_smile
Since I also ref, I love the substitutions...I get to rest! Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16. Icon_cheers
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by RedBaron 8/5/2010, 7:52 pm

Since I also ref, I love the substitutions...I get to rest! Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16. Icon_cheers

LET THE KIDS PLAY! So glad they repealed this rule. Don't care the reason.

Actually the original reason stated for the rule was State Tournament, but who cares... Div 2 & 3 are not playing for State Cup. If the sub rule is for College, then great, implement at U18 - where it would apply. UNTIL then, let the coaches sub and INSTRUCT and LET THE KIDS PLAY!!!.

Enjoy the rest Happy or I.
RedBaron
RedBaron
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by FlatBack4 8/6/2010, 8:51 am

The reason for the rule change is not because "colleges do it that way". As usual, you guys get your panties in a wad over misinformation even though that misinformation is probably a good enough reason for the rule.

The rule was originally written for D1 teams only. Last year, CL made a huge mistake by implementing in D2/D3. This year, they corrected the error. Now, the parents of D2/D3 players that don't start can relax. Their kid will now get pretty much the same amount of playing time as they did last year. They'll just do it in smaller increments.

The purpose of the rule is to force coaches to let players that are struggling on the field to work things out. Today, if a player makes a bad pass or two, the coach subs to get him off the field. With the new rule, the coach has to let the player overcome his problems or pull him off the field for an extended period of time. What happens if a player gets an early yellow card? What happens if player is not fit? All these cause problems. With the new rule, the coaches get to coach, and the players get to play.

Are there few possibilities for the subs? No, not really. The coach still has the flexibility to put your BB on the field. The rule is works fine. If you can't come up with anything better than "let 'em play", then the only problem is your "sour grapes / entitlement" attitude.
FlatBack4
FlatBack4
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/6/2010, 9:31 am

FlatBack4 wrote:The reason for the rule change is not because "colleges do it that way". As usual, you guys get your panties in a wad over misinformation even though that misinformation is probably a good enough reason for the rule.

The rule was originally written for D1 teams only. Last year, CL made a huge mistake by implementing in D2/D3. This year, they corrected the error. Now, the parents of D2/D3 players that don't start can relax. Their kid will now get pretty much the same amount of playing time as they did last year. They'll just do it in smaller increments.

The purpose of the rule is to force coaches to let players that are struggling on the field to work things out. Today, if a player makes a bad pass or two, the coach subs to get him off the field. With the new rule, the coach has to let the player overcome his problems or pull him off the field for an extended period of time. What happens if a player gets an early yellow card? What happens if player is not fit? All these cause problems. With the new rule, the coaches get to coach, and the players get to play.

Are there few possibilities for the subs? No, not really. The coach still has the flexibility to put your BB on the field. The rule is works fine. If you can't come up with anything better than "let 'em play", then the only problem is your "sour grapes / entitlement" attitude.
Comments in red: No....the rule was written for all divisions and the board passed it at the request of the coaches (how do I know this...because I was there). Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16. Icon_rolleyes
Comments in green: That is a GREAT reason for the rule...and I agree wholeheartedly FB; unfortunately, that was NOT the reason given by the coaches committee for the rule passing last year.
I believe the rule is now where it should be, as does the rest of the board (passed unanimously).
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/6/2010, 11:13 am

FB4=PWNED!
Happy: I remember the controversy but explain the rationale behind D-1 sticking to this?

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cancha123 8/6/2010, 11:59 am

"The reason for the rule change is not because "colleges do it that way". As usual, you guys get your panties in a wad over misinformation even though that misinformation is probably a good enough reason for the rule.The rule was originally written for D1 teams only. Last year, CL made a huge mistake by implementing in D2/D3. This year, they corrected the error."
So your saying that CL is implementing a change this year to correct their mistake? I like to give CL more credit and assume they thought this out before implementing the rule in D1, D2 and D3. Talk about misinformation. But I promise not to get my panties in a wad.
I think Happy Feet has a better handle on concrete information.

cancha123
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 8/6/2010, 2:28 pm

I'll comment once more on this and then I'll bow out of it:
The board doesn't rubber stamp everything the coaches committee presents, but we do give them deference, as they are the closest to the situation in most cases. I can only imagine how much flak we would take if we DIDN'T listen to the coaches! Sub rule changes for u-15 and u16. Icon_biggrin
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 8/7/2010, 12:14 am

FlatBack4 wrote:The reason for the rule change is not because "colleges do it that way". As usual, you guys get your panties in a wad over misinformation even though that misinformation is probably a good enough reason for the rule.

Flat the rule was implemented to more closely align with Academy rules on subs, and college. It is supposed to let these older players get adjusted to not having indefinite subbing. Ultimately it is the way of soccer with limited subs, but I do feel for some of the kids because it has them sitting for no other reason then a rule.

The way I see it is it takes away the chance to let players get their 10-15 minutes per half, which some coaches would like to do in order to provide a better environment. Now coaches are forced to hold out on subs, and of course there are many arse's that will use it as leverage to not sub. For me I did not see the benefit of the new rule at all.
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down