Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U11 Classic D1 - Page 28 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U11 Classic D1

+48
txsoccerdad10
DallasRebels05B
lobosfc17
TikiTaka10
Solar 07B
Dallassoccerdad
Whatdoiknow1
07 boys soccer
ABCDE FC
OP05
Entering the Fray
TXSoccerBall
rgr07dad
Sal-Ker
DaddyRebel
SEC8
moonequiped
ShastaTx
thebirdstheword
Solar5555
DragonStryker
DblDown
TayJ6
just-a-dad
cruiser
baller07
FCD07 Mom
longview
Nomansoccerdad
Bears
bueler13
robertogag
itscalledfootball
No_Surprise_Here
Soccer_Dad_NTX
CSTinDFW
good4nuthin
finish1
soccerfan0522
07Boy
MurderWasTheCase
takinumbers
blackcleatsoccerfan
DR07B
Socceropath
Uncleof05AP
ScottyTX
twotone
52 posters

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next

Go down

U11 Classic D1 - Page 28 Empty Re: U11 Classic D1

Post by Socceropath 10/13/2017, 7:58 am

factsmatter wrote:
Solar5555 wrote:You like volkan at #10

I have an issue with:

7 LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA OWEN [78] 30.72
8 ELITE UNITED FC ARANA [79] 30.71
10 SOLAR SC VOLKAN [117] 30.34

18 FEVER UNITED MORENO [227] 29.65
19 GREATER LIBERTYVILLE SA FC DALLAS ETX PREMIER B [237]
------------------------------------------------------------------

LP Owen: Other than their victory against the notoriously inconsistent Solar McKinney group, this team has under performed. They are top 15, but not Top 10...

Elite United and Solar Volkan: These groups aren't even in the Top 20 anymore to be honest. Elite has declined drastically since 07/01, and their club merger with Allegiance hasn't helped. Volkan has been disappointing in every way, save the Labor Day weekend tournament (in which its rumored they used guest players). These groups are not even Top 15 if you're being kind.

Fever and FCD ETX: Both of these groups are possibly in the top 25 - 30 teams on my list, it's very difficult to say with what we've seen since 07/01... My prediction is that one of these groups (likely Fever) improves between now and in the spring. Fever has played a brutal schedule so far with D1 classic, so this might tilt upward for them in the spring. FCD ETX on the other hand has played a much weaker schedule, and has under performed. They are definitely not in the TOP 20 teams.

I agree with your list but not necessarily as far as you'd drop them. I will say that my biggest issue with YSR is that for a "Power Ranking" site, it puts too little weight on recent performance. All of the teams mentioned are overrated based on historical results >6 months ago. There are other issues as well, especially too much weight given to beating up on lesser competition but I'm not trying to give a comprehensive list here. For all of its flaws its still miles better than GotSoccer Rankings. Solar5555 you're not invited to this discussion.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 10/13/2017, 8:26 am

Lol

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/13/2017, 10:16 am

Socceropath wrote:

I agree with your list but not necessarily as far as you'd drop them.  I will say that my biggest issue with YSR is that for a "Power Ranking" site, it puts too little weight on recent performance.  All of the teams mentioned are overrated based on historical results >6 months ago.  There are other issues as well, especially too much weight given to beating up on lesser competition but I'm not trying to give a comprehensive list here.  For all of its flaws its still miles better than GotSoccer Rankings.  Solar5555 you're not invited to this discussion.  

I agree that it's flawed and puts too much weight into past performance (6mths +)... However, I DISAGREE on your point about "too much weight given to beating up on lesser competition".... They seem to do a great job of accessing a teams performance based on strength of opposition/competition. I've seen a few examples where they award points for a close loss to a higher ranked opponent, and I've seen YSR deduct for close wins against lower ranked opponents... A great example of this is seen in examining FCDA's YSR profile. They literally have to kill teams by 4 goals to gain points now. Any victory by less than 3 goals doesn't help them (See the Plano Tournament final against McKinney, a 2-0 victory gave them nothing) and with each loss they are penalized (and rightfully so). Also, if you review FCDA's 2-1 victory over Tigres Gold in the Classic QT, you'll see that FCDA was penalized for such a small victory margin against a much lower ranked team. I just don't think they give teams anything for beating up on lesser competition.

However, I can also see how you might be right... especially if the team is overrated based upon past experience (ex. Volkan and Elite United)... This is why I hope Socceroo's buddy that owns YSR is still working on removing the results prior to -7/01... that way even more weight is given to their performance post the select deadline. So I guess I'm saying... maybe your right? IDK Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 10/13/2017, 10:22 am

RANKINGS

We didn't make the World Cup because the players are average. Yes, the Coach and the federation needs work, and the ghost goal at the other game would have helped. But the reality is simple; the players are average with the exception of Howard and Pulisic.

The top teams in the world can line up 3 or 4 strong teams to compete in the world cup, while the we do not have one.

One of the reasons they are average is because they were not properly developed, just like most of our BBs are not being properly developed. The most important training takes place at the youth stages. 8-14.

Instead of being trained to be great players, they were and our kids are being trained to win games. Winning is the standard, not being a great individual player. Our players have basic skills, and are far behind the rest of the world.

While the rest of the world is focused on individual growth at the youth stage, we are focused on winning. Building the resume early. We won X,Y and Z tournament!!!

You and I both know that if we loose a few games, we're heading to the team that is winning the most.

No one even comes close us when it comes to basketball. And that's simply because our players are far more skilled than the rest of the world. Although there are some exceptions. It's the opposite in soccer.

The parents lack deep understanding of the game, which leads to lower standards. We won that is all that matters, our coach is great. Even if Johnny has no skills.

CHALLENGE:
Forgetting about the scores, because kids are unpredictable and growth is all that SHOULD matter. Can you rank the teams/coaches based on the following key factors, as it relates to the youth development.

1 - Are the players' growth easily noticeable? It should be night and day every year, kids learn extremely fast. Not physical growth. Skills, technique , vision, mobility, decision making...

2 - Does the style of play promote such growth, or is it scores oriented? There are numerous styles, but we're going with possession and use of skills as the standard. Simply because it requires the most amount of skills, confidence...

3 - How good is the coach? Every coach wants to have the best team. Is he/she creating that team by winning/recruiting or is he developing the team by truly making the players better?

Ex: Team A:
Player growth: 5/10
Style of play: 4/10
Coach: 3/10

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 10/13/2017, 10:47 am

You bring up a good point with FCDA. Based on YSR they should beat teams ranked 2-5 by 1 point, 6-12 by 2 points, and 13-20 by 3. The lower you go the less accurate the spread is imo. We'll take Fever for example. The YSR spread on Aug 1 between FCDA and Fever was 3.55 which means we should expect FCDA to win by 3-4 goals. The actual result was 9-0. Ironically, the YSR spread today has actually decreased to 3.35. The top of D2 is benefitting from the same phenomenon.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 10/13/2017, 12:04 pm

[quote="baller07"]RANKINGS

One of the reasons they are average is because they were not properly developed, just like most of our BBs are not being properly developed. The most important training takes place at the youth stages. 8-14.  
This statement is technically true but is no longer the #1 problem as evidenced by the competitiveness of our U17 team this year.  The real issue is 17-23.  Every year from 17 on, the gap between our players and the rest of the world gets bigger because there's no viable path for elite players to take the final step unless you're dual citizen and can get to Europe by 16.  College plays a terrible style and only lasts 3 months, NASL/USL are part time jobs, and the MLS isn't giving any of these kids playing time.  Look at the current U20 MNT roster and see where they're currently playing...less than a quarter of them play soccer full time as a career.  Its a travesty!  

A better short term solution would be to address what's happening to our non-dual citizen players that don't have the opportunity to go to Europe until too late (watch Josh Sargent fizzle by age 20).  We need to create an opportunity for them that's better than College, NASL/USL, or MLS bench.  Reinstitute the residency program and expand it to age 21, with a player pool of 25 at each age.  Include a travel team of 18 (drawn each week from the pool) and put them in an appropriate league, from USL all the way up to European league (3rd/4th division).  Give these kids an opportunity to continue to develop.   If they're not ready for Europe D2/MLS starter by age 22, its never going to happen. 

For those lucky few that can get to Europe before 18, we need to swallow our national pride and facilitate that path as well, to include subsidizing a support system to assist a teenager adapting to a new culture.

Instead of being trained to be great players, they were and our kids are being trained to win games. Winning is the standard, not being a great individual player. Our players have basic skills, and are far behind the rest of the world.

We all understand Pay to Play is a flawed system and as all of us are actively paying now and would love to see it go away but that's not a realistic expectation financially...yet.  We need to immediately improve the DA system.  Only the MLS programs are subsidized...that subsidy needs to extend to all DA programs.  First at the U15 and above level...then all the way down to U12.  US Soccer is sitting on $200MM and can afford to start this now.  These programs must be free, yes to cast a wider net for talent...but more importantly so that these clubs can participate in FIFA sanctioned solidarity/compensation payments.  Fast forward 10 years and the Clubs are able to change their business model to focusing on player development and these payments will be the main source of revenue.  Let me reiterate this point...clubs will NEVER make player development their core business model until it becomes their main source of revenue.

[

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 10/13/2017, 12:12 pm

So baller07 you are right on on what you said. That is why I asked in a previous post on D2 that was transferred here who do you feel is the best coach other than yours on style of play (not wins)? All this is based on watching games not actual practices.

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebirdstheword 10/13/2017, 12:53 pm

Bueler13,

Does the question apply to coaches outside the 07 age group?

My opinion only, if parents really want what is stated above and global results for US soccer .......better start looking beyond they own touch line so to speak.........there is not a single 07 coach in D1 or D2 that I would have my BB play with over 12 months.

thebirdstheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 10/13/2017, 1:02 pm

Bird,

I think a good coach can handle any team but with this thread it is 07 based. I think there is some good coaches in 07 but based on style is each persons preference.

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TXSoccerBall 10/13/2017, 1:04 pm

Socceropath wrote:

This statement is technically true but is no longer the #1 problem as evidenced by the competitiveness of our U17 team this year.  The real issue is 17-23.  Every year from 17 on, the gap between our players and the rest of the world gets bigger because there's no viable path for elite players to take the final step unless you're dual citizen and can get to Europe by 16.  College plays a terrible style and only lasts 3 months, NASL/USL are part time jobs, and the MLS isn't giving any of these kids playing time.  Look at the current U20 MNT roster and see where they're currently playing...less than a quarter of them play soccer full time as a career.  Its a travesty!  

A better short term solution would be to address what's happening to our non-dual citizen players that don't have the opportunity to go to Europe until too late (watch Josh Sargent fizzle by age 20).  We need to create an opportunity for them that's better than College, NASL/USL, or MLS bench.  Reinstitute the residency program and expand it to age 21, with a player pool of 25 at each age.  Include a travel team of 18 (drawn each week from the pool) and put them in an appropriate league, from USL all the way up to European league (3rd/4th division).  Give these kids an opportunity to continue to develop.   If they're not ready for Europe D2/MLS starter by age 22, its never going to happen. 

For those lucky few that can get to Europe before 18, we need to swallow our national pride and facilitate that path as well, to include subsidizing a support system to assist a teenager adapting to a new culture.

Spot-on!

TXSoccerBall
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by thebirdstheword 10/13/2017, 1:27 pm

I don't think spending the money it would require to keep 18 little johnnies overseas getting beat 10 -0 against even the relegated EU teams will improve anything.

Speed skating, gymnastics, track and field, wrastlin'(the real one), etc............the list goes on and on for sporting events where US athletes are extremely competitive on the global stage (and do dominate in some years). They all have a US coach for the national team but all have individual coaches that got them there. Highly capable, highly decorated, and highly paid coaches.

It requires top level coaching and extreme dedication from your BB and yourself. Again, if your are only considering the next 9 months and current 07 coaches, you are part of the issue.

thebirdstheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 10/13/2017, 1:54 pm

Socceropath wrote:
baller07 wrote:RANKINGS

We all understand Pay to Play is a flawed system and as all of us are actively paying now and would love to see it go away but that's not a realistic expectation financially...yet.  We need to immediately improve the DA system.  Only the MLS programs are subsidized...that subsidy needs to extend to all DA programs.  First at the U15 and above level...then all the way down to U12.  US Soccer is sitting on $200MM and can afford to start this now.  These programs must be free, yes to cast a wider net for talent...but more importantly so that these clubs can participate in FIFA sanctioned solidarity/compensation payments.  Fast forward 10 years and the Clubs are able to change their business model to focusing on player development and these payments will be the main source of revenue.  Let me reiterate this point...clubs will NEVER make player development their core business model until it becomes their main source of revenue.

[
I agree with your assessment. But the biggest problem is still proper development. Pay to play is going to be around for while… it’s the unfortunate reality, which limits a lot of kids. Let’s forget about that for now and focus on the group that are fortunate enough to pay and play. Why aren’t they getting better?

We have the best athletes in the world. The best and most facilities in the world (for youth). We have a lot more leagues, tournaments, which means our kids play a lot more games than the rest of the world. We have access to more equipment at a lower cost than the rest of the world. AND we have more youth players playing official games than the rest of the world. Just like basketball. So why aren’t we better??

1 - Anyone can be a coach…. which is okay. But a vast majority are coaches because it’s an easy job easy money. Coaches aren’t students of the game, which means they don’t grow.

2 - Bad Coaches = bad practices = poor development. Kids get bored/tired of going to practice, it doesn’t have the proper balance of fun/learning/competitiveness. As a result their growth is limited which leads to early retirement at 12-14.

Apart from Pedro(Allegiance), Gerard (Rush), Kennington(Solar), Donnaghy(FC Fast) and Shirley(Celtic) the rest of the coaches on the 07 age group have not done a good job of developing their players. Sorry if I offended you, it’s the reality. Forget about the scores, and focus on player/team growth.

3 - Parents are not educated (soccer wise), don’t watch enough professional games, and don’t quite know what to expect/look for other than a winning team. As a result, most kids only touch the ball when they are with their teams. And the coaches get away with providing them with nothing.

4 - The players struggle to succeed between 17-23 because they are not good enough. They were not properly developed between 8-16. It goes back to number 1 and 2. They are ready physically, but not technically or mentally. They are simply not skilled, and that goes back to 1 and 2.

Creating residency camps and making the DA free won’t do a damn thing if the coaches are not purely focused on developing players. You’re talking about making them good enough for European D2, which is exactly the same mindset a lot of these coaches have. When you should be talking about developing the world’s greatest player. We’re aiming for the roof while the rest of the world is aiming for a different planet.

The DA has been around for a while, how many top players came out of it. And I mean top players not average…. Save your time, the answer is ZERO.

The problem is the coaching or lack there of at the youth stage. The most important stage of a players career 8-16. There are very few available.

The parents are the only ones that can fix the problem. After all we are the costumer. We need to educate ourselves in order to fully understand the game and improve the standard. That is if greatness is what you want for your son.

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo 10/13/2017, 2:15 pm

TXSoccerBall wrote:
Socceropath wrote:

Spot-on!

Agree 100% with this. This thread is getting boring now that we all agree on everything!

Very Happy

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo 10/13/2017, 2:29 pm

baller07 wrote:

AND we have more youth players playing official games than the rest of the world. Just like basketball. So why aren’t we better??

1 - Anyone can be a coach…. which is okay. But a vast majority are coaches because it’s an easy job easy money. Coaches aren’t students of the game, which means they don’t grow.

2 - Bad Coaches = bad practices = poor development. Kids get bored/tired of going to practice, it doesn’t have the proper balance of fun/learning/competitiveness. As a result their growth is limited which leads to early retirement at 12-14.

Apart from Pedro(Allegiance), Gerard (Rush), Kennington(Solar), Donnaghy(FC Fast) and Shirley(Celtic) the rest of the coaches on the 07 age group have not done a good job of developing their players. Sorry if I offended you, it’s the reality. Forget about the scores, and focus on player/team growth.

3 - Parents are not educated (soccer wise), don’t watch enough professional games, and don’t quite know what to expect/look for other than a winning team. As a result, most kids only touch the ball when they are with their teams. And the coaches get away with providing them with nothing.

4 - The players struggle to succeed between 17-23 because they are not good enough. They were not properly developed between 8-16. It goes back to number 1 and 2. They are ready physically, but not technically or mentally. They are simply not skilled, and that goes back to 1 and 2.

Creating residency camps and making the DA free won’t do a damn thing if the coaches are not purely focused on developing players. You’re talking about making them good enough for European D2, which is exactly the same mindset a lot of these coaches have. When you should be talking about developing the world’s greatest player. We’re aiming for the roof while the rest of the world is aiming for a different planet.

The DA has been around for a while, how many top players came out of it. And I mean top players not average…. Save your time, the answer is ZERO.

The problem is the coaching or lack there of at the youth stage. The most important stage of a players career 8-16. There are very few available.

The parents are the only ones that can fix the problem. After all we are the costumer. We need to educate ourselves in order to fully understand the game and improve the standard. That is if greatness is what you want for your son.

Baller, all good points. I agree with this. BUT, and this is the big BUT. IMHO, the biggest issue is still that we do not have the soccer culture like most Latin Countries or European Countries do.

And the lack of a soccer culture translates into a lack of open access to free soccer fields, or futsal courts that promote pick up games like we see all over the US in other sports like Basketball....I'm yet to drive by a city owned Soccer Facility that doesn't have a BIG sign saying that "if you want to use the soccer fields, you need to reserve it with the city first", or "these fields are reserved for......". We need more open and free Soccer fields...AND/OR Futsal courts....everywhere...

Most soccer kids in the US are not like their counterparts in other countries, specially latin countries...where every second of their day that they are not in school, they have a soccer ball by their feet, practicing juggles or against a wall, or practicing moves over and over and over and over again.

My point is the biggest hurdle is not necessarily better coaches at the youth level (yes, I do agree we need better coaches), but at the end of the day, it is up to kid to want to be better and to succeed. I don't mean wanting to succeed by going to practice twice and week, sometimes with a 3rd practice with a private coach....I mean the kid needs to WANT it....

You drive around the beaches of Brazil or the streets of Colombia, all you see are kids playing pick-up games and honing their craft....In Brazil and in most of Latin America, their equivalent of DA academies (ran by their professional clubs) don't even start until U-13 or so. Prior to that most kids are basically on their own...learning on their own, on the streets, at the beach, at the "free" futsal courts that are open to anyone 24/7. There are no organized U6-10 leagues with "professional" coaches....You have school Futsal leagues through the free public school system and that is it...and these are not serious...

almost 100% of the players on the Brazil national team, never ever played organized soccer until age 12 or so. Most of them have never even stepped foot on a grassy soccer field until 12 or 13.....At best, they played in local Futsal leagues on municipal courts.....But no outdoor soccer leagues...no travel teams....UNTIL you are a teenager....This lack of "Professional" coaching, has not hindered those players at all....and this is because they live and breath soccer, 24/7. They want it....really want it....We are light years away from that kind of soccer culture...

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bueler13 10/13/2017, 2:35 pm

I am waiting for the bashing of the coaches to start.

bueler13
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 10/13/2017, 3:01 pm

Socceroo wrote:
baller07 wrote:

AND we have more youth players playing official games than the rest of the world. Just like basketball. So why aren’t we better??

Baller, all good points. I agree with this. BUT, and this is the big BUT. IMHO, the biggest issue is still that we do not have the soccer culture like most Latin Countries or European Countries do.

And the lack of a soccer culture translates into a lack of open access to free soccer fields, or futsal courts that promote pick up games like we see all over the US in other sports like Basketball....I'm yet to drive by a city owned Soccer Facility that doesn't have a BIG sign saying that "if you want to use the soccer fields, you need to reserve it with the city first", or "these fields are reserved for......". We need more open and free Soccer fields...AND/OR Futsal courts....everywhere...

Most soccer kids in the US are not like their counterparts in other countries, specially latin countries...where every second of their day that they are not in school, they have a soccer ball by their feet, practicing juggles or against a wall, or practicing moves over and over and over and over again.

My point is the biggest hurdle is not necessarily better coaches at the youth level (yes, I do agree we need better coaches), but at the end of the day, it is up to kid to want to be better and to succeed. I don't mean wanting to succeed by going to practice twice and week, sometimes with a 3rd practice with a private coach....I mean the kid needs to WANT it....

You drive around the beaches of Brazil or the streets of Colombia, all you see are kids playing pick-up games and honing their craft....In Brazil and in most of Latin America, their equivalent of DA academies (ran by their professional clubs) don't even start until U-13 or so. Prior to that most kids are basically on their own...learning on their own, on the streets, at the beach, at the "free" futsal courts that are open to anyone 24/7. There are no organized U6-10 leagues with "professional" coaches....You have school Futsal leagues through the free public school system and that is it...and these are not serious...

almost 100% of the players on the Brazil national team, never ever played organized soccer until age 12 or so. Most of them have never even stepped foot on a grassy soccer field until 12 or 13.....At best, they played in local Futsal leagues on municipal courts.....But no outdoor soccer leagues...no travel teams....UNTIL you are a teenager....This lack of "Professional" coaching, has not hindered those players at all....and this is because they live and breath soccer, 24/7. They want it....really want it....We are light years away from that kind of soccer culture...

You are entirely right... The culture is not here, I agree. Which is why I said the kids only touch the ball when they are with their team. Coaches know the kids are unlikely to go play pick up. what are they doing to introduce that culture to the kids? The parents don't have the culture either, but the coaches supposedly do. If they introduce it to the kids and make it the thing to do, the kids will play.

NO field is needed for a pick up games! Parking lots, basketball/tennis courts, or any open areas will do. Just like the hispanics, asians, europeans and africans do all over the metroplex.

I know Dallas Rush and FC Fast organize pick up for their players
Allegiance practices are open practices everyday. So their players voluntarily go to practice everyday.

If more coaches do that, that'd be a great step to fix the problem.

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebirdstheword 10/13/2017, 3:05 pm

Baller,
Pay to play doesn't limit kids. It actually has the opposite impact. It lines the benches and sidelines with BB's that should probably be doing something else.every. single.weekend.

Also, what are the achievements for the coaches above "teaching the right way" of soccer? Please feel free to list licenses, educational pedigree, years of coaching, domestic coaching achievements, tournament success, executive board positions, playing experience, international coaching experience and achievements, and etc. Would guess this list will be short so doubt these coaches are developing 10 year old BB's to any level beyond....ummmm........well ........10 years old. I love come selection time the forum lights up for all age groups for tryouts and being taught the right way if you just come to our team....... complete non-sense.

Roo,

Like it or not, we live in America. No I'm not a Trump fan before you think I am for stating that. Would guess you are consultant as they typically like to standardize everything based off something they believe works the best. What works in Brazil will not work here. How do we teach the talent to play as efficient as possible, develop to international levels, while under capable coaching? Most of us are focused on our kid's education as this is the way to better life and livelihood. Do pro golfers have a club in their hand all day, do US gymnasts do cart-wheels at all hours of the night, did Michael Johnson run every second after school? I doubt it.

I know for a fact that one of the major clubs in Brazil has 7 grade boys that are just now studying multiplication tables during their school hours. Trust me, South America is not the way for US soccer.

thebirdstheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by baller07 10/13/2017, 3:22 pm

thebirdstheword wrote:Baller,
Pay to play doesn't limit kids. It actually has the opposite impact. It lines the benches and sidelines with BB's that should probably be doing something else.every. single.weekend.

Also, what are the achievements for the coaches above "teaching the right way" of soccer?  Please feel free to list licenses, educational pedigree, years of coaching, domestic coaching achievements, tournament success, executive board positions, playing experience, international coaching experience and achievements, and etc.  Would guess this list will be short so doubt these coaches are developing 10 year old BB's to any level beyond....ummmm........well ........10 years old.  I love come selection time the forum lights up for all age groups for tryouts and being taught the right way if you just come to our team....... complete non-sense.

Roo,

Like it or not, we live in America.  No I'm not a Trump fan before you think I am for stating that.    Would guess you are consultant as they typically like to standardize everything based off something they believe works the best.    What works in Brazil will not work here.  How do we teach the talent to play as efficient as possible, develop to international levels,  while under capable coaching?  Most of us are focused on our kid's education as this is the way to better life and livelihood.    Do pro golfers have a club in their hand all day, do US gymnasts do cart-wheels at all hours of the night, did Michael Johnson run every second after school?  I doubt it.  

I know for a fact that one of the major clubs in Brazil has 7 grade boys that are just now studying multiplication tables during their school hours.  Trust me, South America is not the way for US soccer.

Sir/Mam, I respect your opinion. But have you tried hunting? You should really try if you haven't already.

baller07
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad 10/13/2017, 4:02 pm

thebirdstheword wrote:Baller,

Also, what are the achievements for the coaches above "teaching the right way" of soccer?  Please feel free to list licenses, educational pedigree, years of coaching, domestic coaching achievements, tournament success, executive board positions, playing experience, international coaching experience and achievements, and etc.  Would guess this list will be short so doubt these coaches are developing 10 year old BB's to any level beyond....ummmm........well ........10 years old.  I love come selection time the forum lights up for all age groups for tryouts and being taught the right way if you just come to our team....... complete non-sense.

Roo,

Like it or not, we live in America.  No I'm not a Trump fan before you think I am for stating that.    Would guess you are consultant as they typically like to standardize everything based off something they believe works the best.    What works in Brazil will not work here.  How do we teach the talent to play as efficient as possible, develop to international levels,  while under capable coaching?  Most of us are focused on our kid's education as this is the way to better life and livelihood.    Do pro golfers have a club in their hand all day, do US gymnasts do cart-wheels at all hours of the night, did Michael Johnson run every second after school?  I doubt it.  

I know for a fact that one of the major clubs in Brazil has 7 grade boys that are just now studying multiplication tables during their school hours.  Trust me, South America is not the way for US soccer.

I do agree with this to a point. our culture will never be the same as theirs. our kids will take Ipad or PlayStation over a ball 95% of the time. they play all the time because that is all there is to do. I think the lack of pickup - just simply playing soccer- really hurts. I became a much better basketball player from playing pickup. our kids don't actually play enough- they are on teams with too many kids and each game means too much. they are stressed. pick up is fun and allows you to be creative without being coached. coaches should not have to teach basic premises of the game- kids should be picking it up from playing. We are a capitalistic society and will only push things if it makes money. when was the last time you paid to see a college soccer game? high school game? the only opening is in place of football as its popularity is dwindling and parents find it unsafe.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebirdstheword 10/13/2017, 4:10 pm

Baller,

Tried it. Dominated.

Spent my entire life training, eating, sleeping, preparing. Was trained by Davy Crockett and the boy who lived on "my side of the mountain". Spent hours with other BB's practicing in parking lots, tracking lost puppies, and even rented space close to a forest called a motel. Got up early with all the others stood still for hours. Dedication. Commitment. Sacrificcccceeeeeeee.

In all honestly, if you don't think the cultural isn't here in North Dallas for soccer, you might want to rethink or maybe US soccer isn't your thing. Maybe piano lessons?

thebirdstheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by thebirdstheword 10/13/2017, 4:19 pm

Just -a-dad,

Don't disagree.  Only speaking for myself, if my family invest anymore time into soccer, we are going to have to start adding spouses/parents.......preferably ones that like to cook and clean please.........and no messing around with spouse #1!

thebirdstheword
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CSTinDFW 10/13/2017, 4:23 pm

The system is broken and won't get everyone to where they want to go until it is turned on its head and pulled inside out. One thing is for sure, the D1, D2, DA Hodor 11 and 12 year old kids and in particular extremely athletic multi sport kids to decide whether they want to try to play Professional or College soccer when a minute fraction of them ever will is a really bad idea for the game and for the kids themselves, yet that's what currently exists in North Texas and beyond.

CSTinDFW
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad 10/13/2017, 4:24 pm

thebirdstheword wrote:Just -a-dad,

Don't disagree.  Only speaking for myself, if my family invest anymore time into soccer, we are going to have to start adding spouses/parents.......preferably ones that like to cook and clean please.........and no messing around with spouse #1!

maybe we need to start a Mormon league?

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo 10/13/2017, 4:54 pm

thebirdstheword wrote:
Roo,

I'm not advocating for us to do like the south americans do. It makes no sense. I was simply stating the big reason why there is a huge discrepancy in the skill level or our kids and south American kids in general. 

You are right about Gymnasts, etc...but go look at competitive Gymnastics...not the run of the mill cheeleading outfit that is all over NTX....National Caliber talent at 11-13 yrs old. These "American" kids are practicing 5 days a week!!!! Believe I have a niece doing this....she is 12....she practices 3x more  than any of the kids in my my kid's BIG 3 club does... Not the 2 hours a week that most Classic League players practice.....But you left out basketball...lots of these guys had a ball with them 24/7....playing pick up games....street ball.....That is the culture we are missing in the US for Soccer...

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar5555 10/13/2017, 10:24 pm

Fc blue - fc academy 0 -4
Celtic - texan dallas 1-4
Solar Kennington - tigres 3 - 0
Ayses - solar mckinney - 2 - 3
Fc youth - liver pool st johns 2 - 2
Fcwest - allegiance 2 -1
Etx wildcatters - texan red 1 -3
Texan south - elite 1 - 4
Rebels - liverpool owens 5 -0
Fever - fcd etx 1 -2

Solar5555
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/14/2017, 5:46 pm

-- Week 7 Scores Update --

FCD Blue vs FCD Academy - 0-4
Celtics vs TXN Dallas - 2-8
Kennington vs Tigres - 6-1
AYSES vs McKinney - 2-6 
Rebels vs LP Owen  - 0-0 
FCD Youth vs LP ST. JOHN - 6-1 
FCD West vs Allegiance - 0-3 
ETX Wildcatters vs TXN Red - 3-4
TXN South vs Elite - 0-1 
Fever vs FCD ETX   - 2-4 

Congrats this week goes to Classic League for imputing the scores in a timely fashion this week. I promise I didn't officially complain.. Very Happy

Also, looks like LP Owen hodor a draw with Rebels. LP Owen seems to be heating up, with back to back stellar performances against top competition.
####################################################

Shout outs to the following picks that were spot on: 

Solar5555                     FCD Blue vs FCD Academy - 0-4
Socceropath                     FCD West vs Allegiance - 0-3

Last edited by factsmatter on 10/16/2017, 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 37 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 32 ... 37  Next