Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

U11 Classic D1 - Page 33 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

U11 Classic D1

+48
txsoccerdad10
DallasRebels05B
lobosfc17
TikiTaka10
Solar 07B
Dallassoccerdad
Whatdoiknow1
07 boys soccer
ABCDE FC
OP05
Entering the Fray
TXSoccerBall
rgr07dad
Sal-Ker
DaddyRebel
SEC8
moonequiped
ShastaTx
thebirdstheword
Solar5555
DragonStryker
DblDown
TayJ6
just-a-dad
cruiser
baller07
FCD07 Mom
longview
Nomansoccerdad
Bears
bueler13
robertogag
itscalledfootball
No_Surprise_Here
Soccer_Dad_NTX
CSTinDFW
good4nuthin
finish1
soccerfan0522
07Boy
MurderWasTheCase
takinumbers
blackcleatsoccerfan
DR07B
Socceropath
Uncleof05AP
ScottyTX
twotone
52 posters

Page 33 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

U11 Classic D1 - Page 33 Empty Re: U11 Classic D1

Post by just-a-dad 11/13/2017, 10:44 am

Socceropath wrote:I'll go ahead and claim the @hole of the day award for saying this...

There's just something unseemly about posting highlight videos on this forum.  I get it...you're excited about the way your team plays.  You should be!  The soccer nerd in me enjoys watching game video of other teams even when my kid isn't involved.  Youtube has plenty of them...but its the entire game...and it shows your opponent actually touched the ball and sometimes even scored goals as well.  Can't we save the highlight videos for Facebook, or even submit them to SportsCenter?!?  I'm sure your friends and family will get a big kick out of it.  NTX Soccer doesn't need a Lavar Ball wanna be!

For all those who thought this too but were too polite to say anything, you're welcome.  For the rest of you that think I'm being an oversensitive prick, you're right!

For the record...I didn't watch any of these last 2 links cause I already know what they look like...another 50-60 minute game edited down to 4-7 minutes complete with slow-motion and instant replay.

I will go big picture with this comment. it is titled U11 Classic D1. seems like a fair place to post a video. much like the statue issue or country is facing- if you don't want to see it or are offended by it, simply don't watch it. maybe the Coach should just start a string called U11 D1 videos? will that make you happy? he has an independent club and is trying to show his coaching style. as a small business owner myself, I understand trying to stand out from the big boys.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TikiTaka10 11/13/2017, 11:58 am

Solar 07B wrote:
TikiTaka10 wrote:
Socceropath wrote:
TikiTaka10 wrote:Poetry in motion

Allegiance FC vs NTX Celtic

https://youtu.be/ITBFwDH_XTM

Sorry I must have missed the video of Allegiance tie vs mid-level D2 side?!?

No you didn't! But here is the recap for you; We dominated that too. Kids new the opposition,  got sluggish, we scored an own goal, then gifted them a goal. Two very bad and unusual mistakes, game over. 2-2!!!!

FC Fast is a actually a good team. Their players are very skilled, just need to play with little more intensity/urgency and they'll be a good D1 team.

Nice possession and builds for sure.

However, I did not see video, goals scored, passes completed and number of corners from the finals game either - you know, the one where your team LOST 3-1

When will that be posted?

Allegiance FC vs Solar Mckinney
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ7hFdBBmek

@Socceropath - I truly do understand and respect your point.
1- The videos are made for learning purposes, not to get a kick out of it. The kids learn from it during their weekly game film analyzes sessions. And the parents learn from it by participating. "Seeing is believing" when the kids see themselves in those videos it feels like christmas.
2 - While many are well familiar with it, the concept of proper ball movement/use of skills/creativity... is still foreign to a lot of parents. as noted in the quality of soccer around. Seeing how those videos have helped our players and parents, I decided to share and hopefully help others increase their understanding of the game. If you know better you'll expect better, the kids will get better and quality of football played will be a lot better.

3 - All Coaches have different styles, but because we're "business competitors" we tend to not share our knowledge with others. Knowing that life is a never ending learning process, I like to ask and and when necessary pay to learn from others. And then share with my colleagues as I have been doing with several. Maybe others will notice and start sharing as well. At the end of the day we all have the same goal. Which is quite simply to change the landscape of american soccer by developing better players.

4 - Making those videos is time consuming. I don't even think about including the opposition, but you made a valid point. I'll start including their goals and good plays! Learning!

@KOSoccer92
Unfortunately, due to the amount of back to back games I had during that tournament. I did not have time to set up the the camera for any of the 12 games I had... how convenient.... I wish I had, as the game film against FC Dallas Academy would have been a phenomenal learning tool for the boys. They were better than us that game! The result doesn't concern us much. How each individual performs is the primary concern. You're investing on your child's development, not win/loss record. A 70-80% win record would be ideal, 90-100% is not good. Gotta be able to learn from failures and stay grounded.

Full games are for study purposes only, not for sharing. If I'm playing against you soon, and can watch your full games before playing you. Your team will have a hard time getting any rhythm, as I'll study every second of your games and set tup to stop every move you make. Knowing that the other coaches are able to do the same thing, I don't post full games.

The goal is not to brag or irritate anyone. It's simply to share and help. We're all trying to do the best we can to help our kids grow, I'll go above and beyond to make sure that happens. Even if it makes Lavar Ball!!!

I love listening and learning. I'm sure you all have something to share. Let's grab a meal, learn from one another... Or we can also turn this forum into the greatest library or all of us soccer lovers.

TikiTaka10
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad 11/13/2017, 2:07 pm

I get it and appreciate the effort and time you are taking to enrich your players.

I never had an issue with the posts or the videos, especially when you aren’t presenting them as the whole game but we have some grumpy folks in here and I think they are looking at their kid’s teams and are upset they aren’t getting this type of coaching.

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad 11/13/2017, 3:06 pm

keep doing what you are doing Coach. I don't know you, but by reading your posts, you take your profession seriously and put in the time and effort. this is much more than I can say for other coaches who just show up to practice and games and that's it.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Solar 07B 11/13/2017, 4:48 pm

I'm not going to pick it apart - I like the way the team plays, but I just can't tell if this is gloating - or recruiting - or a bit of both Question

Solar 07B
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad 11/13/2017, 5:00 pm

just-a-dad wrote:keep doing what you are doing Coach.   I don't know you, but by reading your posts, you take your profession seriously and put in the time and effort.   this is much more than I can say for other coaches who just show up to practice and games and that's it.    

He actually shows up to all the games unlike many of those same coaches What a Face
I’ve seen a ton of fill in coaches in d1 this season. Makes me wonder which team the coach thinks is their priority.

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 11/13/2017, 5:03 pm

Dallassoccerdad wrote:
just-a-dad wrote:keep doing what you are doing Coach.   I don't know you, but by reading your posts, you take your profession seriously and put in the time and effort.   this is much more than I can say for other coaches who just show up to practice and games and that's it.    

He actually shows up to all the games unlike many of those same coaches What a Face
I’ve seen a ton of fill in coaches in d1 this season. Makes me wonder which team the coach thinks is their priority.

So now we know your son plays for him so we can discount your opinion as at least partially biased.

That or you have an extremely unhealthy infatuation with this team.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad 11/13/2017, 5:53 pm

DragonStryker wrote:

So now we know your son plays for him so we can discount your opinion as at least partially biased.

That or you have an extremely unhealthy infatuation with this team.

If my kid played for him I would have known they were the ones that did the machine gun shooting celebration wouldn’t I have?

I appreciate coaches who work for the kids of DFW and not the other way around. That’s not infatuation that’s called being a good dad.

Assuming I struck a nerve, so I’m sorry your kids coach hasn’t coached all his games this season.

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee 11/13/2017, 11:16 pm

TikiTaka10 wrote:
Solar 07B wrote:
TikiTaka10 wrote:
Socceropath wrote:
TikiTaka10 wrote:Poetry in motion

Allegiance FC vs NTX Celtic

Sorry I must have missed the video of Allegiance tie vs mid-level D2 side?!?

No you didn't! But here is the recap for you; We dominated that too. Kids new the opposition,  got sluggish, we scored an own goal, then gifted them a goal. Two very bad and unusual mistakes, game over. 2-2!!!!

FC Fast is a actually a good team. Their players are very skilled, just need to play with little more intensity/urgency and they'll be a good D1 team.

Nice possession and builds for sure.

However, I did not see video, goals scored, passes completed and number of corners from the finals game either - you know, the one where your team LOST 3-1

When will that be posted?

Allegiance FC vs Solar Mckinney
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ7hFdBBmek

Any chance you could post the entire game footage from the Solar McKinney match? I wanted to see more of my BB and the old Elite United midfielder go at it in the midfield.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/19/2017, 6:06 pm

Solar 07B wrote:Nope - I'll call a D2 team for the upset.

Martinez goes into playoffs as wildcard - wins finals in PKs

Bwaaaahahaaahaaaahaaaaaaaaaa

Back to top Go down

Post by 07 boys soccer 11/19/2017, 7:43 pm

07 boys soccer wrote:Martinez not even in top five of that tourney.  Next week order of finish:
Texans
OK Energy
Rush
Ayses
Celtic

LP Owen hard to figure out, they tie Texans Red in Veterans Cup and then tie Stars and Stripes.

Pretty good prediction, switch Ayses and Celtic.

Rush hammered a couple of D1 teams- Celtic and Ayses.

Texans won as expected.

Texans Red got embarrassed in the final by Rebels in League Challenge Cup. Bet that was a fun kick and run game. Supposedly Rebels younger teams (not U11) got turned in for using older players, if same club and coaches would that effect their classic league team if found out to be true by NTSA?

Martinez as expected not a factor at all.

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 11/20/2017, 7:13 am

Rebels RUMOR I heard was that a couple small '06s were attempting to play on '09 team. And another '06 on the '08 team. The coaches caught wind of accusation and left the '06s home.

For what its worth, the '08 team beat an opponent 7-3 in Fall league and lost to them 3-7 in tourney. Finishing 0-3 in tourney. The '09s ran the table in Fall league by a convincing margin (typical score 8-1) and went 0-3 in tourney. Certainly the results don't do anything to dispel the alleged RUMORS.

According to GotSoccer...the 07, 08, and 09 teams each have different coaches. But its hard to ignore the possibility that the '07s may be fielding some 7th and 8th graders...certainly the eye test supports that theory.

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/20/2017, 8:07 am

The Rebels actually played with their U8(2010's) in the U9(2009 's) bracket. Which is why they lost all 3 of their games. Not a "RUMOR" either, 2 guys I know have kids on their U8(2010)team.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dallassoccerdad 11/20/2017, 10:04 am

Guest wrote:

I want more of what solar 07b is smoking because these tournaments played out pretty much exactly how most would have figured.

Dallassoccerdad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceroo 11/21/2017, 9:27 am

Dallassoccerdad wrote:
Guest wrote:

I want more of what solar 07b is smoking because these tournaments played out pretty much exactly how most would have figured.

That Martinez team didn't make it, but it looks like they beat LP St John (bottom of D1) and tied with Roma Pre-DA, ranked #3 in South Texas.

That tells me that team is playing like a mid-teens D1 team in North Texas.

Socceroo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee 11/21/2017, 10:20 am

I haven't seen the Dallas Rebels play, can anyone confirm that this is the team. It looks like a video of them playing PST before PST made the move to Texans. Video published May 28, 2017. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycfEs0eNs3I

And does anyone have any more info on the League Challenge Cup final between DT Red and Rebels? That's a significant shut out.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 07 boys soccer 11/26/2017, 4:32 pm

Interesting Bobby Rhine results in semis and finals. Texans Red two tough weekends, lost last weekend to Rebels in final and tied Rush, tied FCD Blue and lost to Rush in semis 2-1. Rush then hammered Elite 5-0 in final. Playing three months in D2 doesn't seemed to have hurt Rush's play. Good tourney by FCD Blue and working their way up.

07 boys soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lobosfc17 11/27/2017, 9:25 pm

Ant_Knee wrote:I haven't seen the Dallas Rebels play, can anyone confirm that this is the team.  It looks like a video of them playing PST before PST made the move to Texans.  Video published May 28, 2017.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycfEs0eNs3I

And does anyone have any more info on the League Challenge Cup final between DT Red and Rebels?  That's a significant shut out.

Think the link is broken but they are known to sneak in older kids. I know they use this really short kid in several age groups and he's a 2006. I have heard from other coaches that they have seen him play in the 2009 and 2007 team.

lobosfc17
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by just-a-dad 11/28/2017, 9:35 am

lobosfc17 wrote:
Ant_Knee wrote:I haven't seen the Dallas Rebels play, can anyone confirm that this is the team.  It looks like a video of them playing PST before PST made the move to Texans.  Video published May 28, 2017.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycfEs0eNs3I

And does anyone have any more info on the League Challenge Cup final between DT Red and Rebels?  That's a significant shut out.

Think the link is broken but they are known to sneak in older kids. I know they use this really short kid in several age groups and he's a 2006. I have heard from other coaches that they have seen him play in the 2009 and 2007 team.

keep seeing posts about Rebels using older kids. is their actual factual evidence that they do this? I don't know any of the parents or coach, but I am not a fan of guilty until proven innocent. it seems odd that any team would do this and that any of the parents on that team would be ok with it. didn't think that 10 yr old soccer is that important that you must cheat.

just-a-dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Socceropath 11/28/2017, 11:46 am

Factual evidence seems entirely contrary to the spirit of this forum! We specialize in the court of public opinion and I for one will resist any attempts to make it otherwise. Very Happy

Socceropath
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ant_Knee 12/3/2017, 4:33 pm

lobosfc17 wrote:

Looks like the video was taken down after I posted the link. I searched YT and couldn't find it again. I wonder what might have been in the video that wasn't supposed to be seen? Haha just kidding, I have no idea why the video was removed.

Ant_Knee
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyTX 12/15/2017, 10:12 am

Any player movement happening on teams over the winter break? I guess it is harder now with every kid signing a one-year contract.

ScottyTX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DragonStryker 12/15/2017, 10:43 am

ScottyTX wrote:Any player movement happening on teams over the winter break? I guess it is harder now with every kid signing a one-year contract.

It's exceedingly rare for a D1 team to release a kid to sign with another Select team other than one in their own club. I wouldn't expect to see anything other than potentially some intra-club transfers or perhaps releases to Rec.

I think the real question will be as the end of Spring approaches, who will be leaving for DA and what kids from non-DA clubs will be moving to DA clubs (either to the DA team or otherwise). Definitely some talent outside of the Big 3, be interesting to see which of those kids decide to move and which decide to stay.
DragonStryker
DragonStryker
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DR07B 12/16/2017, 4:26 pm

Rumor has it there have been some kids leave one of the FCD teams. Not enough playing time for their boys from what I understand. Not sure what they will do in the spring.....

DR07B
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by DallasRebels05B 12/19/2017, 3:52 pm

lobosfc17 wrote:

I can confirm that.
Its all the same kids with the exception of two add ons and for the Record.
 We do not SNEAK  in older kids. 
 Have you seen any of our Teams SNEAK in players into any North Texas or US Soccer Association Tournaments or Leagues?
If you say You Have, I would have to say that you are not saying the truth.
We are a serious Club, Small, Independent but honest. I have nothing else to say or post on this matter. If you want to cantact me, Please private message me and I will Gladly answer any questions that you or anybody else might have via email or in person. We have nothing to hide. Have a good and Merry Christmas.

DallasRebels05B
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by ScottyTX 1/15/2018, 11:03 am

Any predictions on the magic point number to avoid relegation this year? Is it the bottom 4?

ScottyTX
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 37 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37  Next