Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

High School Soccer Updates - Page 5 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

High School Soccer Updates

+32
90th_minute
clueless
Prism
futbolnutt
mplsnsg
Pinknupe
happyfeet
THE NEEDLE
playhard
willeh
WRG
Ed
quickfoot
M Patient
Aswan
off_the_woodwork
debit
twotone
oglesbyr
soccerdad1
soccergrinder
onetenguy
ntxsoccerchat
curtaldo
kallaraa
my2cents
soccerrus2
old soccer dad
omega striker
Yak Attack
finish1
Soccernovice
36 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

High School Soccer Updates - Page 5 Empty Re: High School Soccer Updates

Post by mplsnsg 3/6/2011, 10:23 am

my child is not a jesuit student, though i am well versed in private education in n dallas. while jesuit is able to "recruit" students, those students must still maintain an acceptable gpa (a likely higher requirement than many of the public schools) to both play and stay in school while taking a courseload that is undoubtedly more demanding than most of the public schools. i am not attempting to bash public eduaction, but the boys that attend schools like jesuit or st marks or greenhill etc cannot simply rest on their athletic laurels, as their academic development is most important.

Last edited by mplsnsg on 3/6/2011, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : msp)

mplsnsg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/7/2011, 6:36 am

mplsnsg wrote:my child is not a jesuit student, though i am well versed in private education in n dallas. while jesuit is able to "recruit" students, those students must still maintain an acceptable gpa (a likely higher requirement than many of the public schools) to both play and stay in school while taking a courseload that is undoubtedly more demanding than most of the public schools. i am not attempting to bash public eduaction, but the boys that attend schools like jesuit or st marks or greenhill etc cannot simply rest on their athletic laurels, as their academic development is most important.

Isn't Jesuit following the UIL rules of a passing 70 to maintain eligibility? Of course they are, same as public schools. Now if you want to debate the quality of the education, I can understand that. Of course, Public Schools have to deal with the full socio economic issues that Jesuit doesn't. I am sure Carroll would debate you on this.

I believe as a whole, soccer players are a little smarter than the average round ball players but to say Jesuit thinks scademic is more omportant than athletics? If that was the case why did the attorney threat to sue the UIL to allow Jesuit in with public schhols with the administration backing?

I'm tired of discussing Jesuit...lets get back to the rest of the regular season and onto the playoffs.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by onetenguy 3/7/2011, 9:22 pm

soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:With district nearing the halfway mark, it looks like the areas strongest 5A will be:

7-5A
8-5A
5-5A

Should be a great second half and revenge factors for some.

You have a firm grasp on the obvious. SL Carroll, Coppell and Keller ISD in 7-5A. Lewisville ISD and Plano schools in 8-5A. 5-5 not so much with the exceptions of Legacy. Whatever districts have SLC, Coppell, Plano ISD and Lewisville ISD will always dominate the boys and girls high schools soccer scene. Throwing out Jesuit (private schools don't play by the exact same rules as the rest of us), schools in 8-5A have won the last three state 5A boys titles.

I'm curious as to your revenge factors - who against who?

Every year is different. I know you are still bitter about Jesuit not letting Marcus advance last year. The UIL will not take it away. 5-5A is coming on as a district this year. Legacy, Midlothian, Duncanville all have 10+ wins.

Now that most teams have played everyone once in district, I am sure there are several teams that want REVENGE in the second round of district play. Plano vs Marcus? Coppell Vs Southlake? Keller vs Southlake? Midlothian vs Legacy?

All of these have district championship implications.

Jesuit didn't disallow our second goal in that game last year, the refs did. Jesuit got lucky which is one of things you need to win state.

I order to have a goal disallowed you have to score it first. Marcus never scored a second goal in the game. Got close, just couldn't get it in. Great save by the Jesuit keeper.

Baloney. We have two seperate videos and a still picture showing it in the goal. Aubrey did a great acting job!!!!!! We know it was a goal and so does he. Poor kid!

The wonderful thing about refs is they don't care who wins. They just call the game as they see it.

I too have a video of the play. And it is easy to see the ball hit the keepers foot, clearly planted in front of the touch line and the ball bouncing straight up (shame on you for calling out a plyer by name). Never crossing into the goal. The conspiracy theory still exists. I suppose you were shooting from the grassy knoll. I suppose you also have footage of the last goal hitting the football goal post instead of hitting the crossbar. So it shouldn't have counted either. Conspiracy number two.

But then I could counter with the footage I have of Jesuit scoring a goal in the second half when the keeper was out and one of the Marcus players was clearly standing inside of the goal and heading the ball out as you see the Jesuit players celebrating the scoring of the goal. Lines judge ruled the ENTIRE ball didn't cross into the goal. Oh well. I guess he blew both goals. Oops my bad, different lines judge. Or maybe I could bring up when Jesuit scored a goal in the first half when one of the Marcus fullbacks tripped over his own feet and fell down. And the ref disallowed the goal. In this case disallowed is correct as the ball HIT the back of the net. So I'll give you your goal if you give me my two. Same outcome.

You're absolutely right. A private school that doesn't play by the same rules as everyone else wins state. Boy, I would be proud. LOL!

We play by the UIL rules. And, yes, I am.

And Jesuit's attendance zone is ...... DFW. Gee, that's not the same rules as every public school. Admit it, Jesuit has a special advantage. Why don't they win in soccer every year?Why were the only two private schools in the UIL in the state 5A final last year? Gee, they must be special. Enough Jesuit bashing, I find the idea of an all boys school in this day and age quite quaint. I'll finish with this little ditty - stranger, danger, Jesuit Ranger - after all, it is a Catholic institution. No more Jesuit comments this year. I've grow tired of listening to elitist bragging.

onetenguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 3/8/2011, 12:45 am

soccerrus2 wrote:
mplsnsg wrote:my child is not a jesuit student, though i am well versed in private education in n dallas. while jesuit is able to "recruit" students, those students must still maintain an acceptable gpa (a likely higher requirement than many of the public schools) to both play and stay in school while taking a courseload that is undoubtedly more demanding than most of the public schools. i am not attempting to bash public eduaction, but the boys that attend schools like jesuit or st marks or greenhill etc cannot simply rest on their athletic laurels, as their academic development is most important.

Isn't Jesuit following the UIL rules of a passing 70 to maintain eligibility? Of course they are, same as public schools. Now if you want to debate the quality of the education, I can understand that. Of course, Public Schools have to deal with the full socio economic issues that Jesuit doesn't. I am sure Carroll would debate you on this.

I believe as a whole, soccer players are a little smarter than the average round ball players but to say Jesuit thinks scademic is more omportant than athletics? If that was the case why did the attorney threat to sue the UIL to allow Jesuit in with public schhols with the administration backing?

I'm tired of discussing Jesuit...lets get back to the rest of the regular season and onto the playoffs.

Not sure what "full socio economic issues" you refer too. Could be interpreted as a racist statement. Hopefully not. Oh I get it; there are no girls at Jesuit. That must have been what you meant. It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma!

Actually family and God come before academics at Jesuit. Athletics is down the list. I can't remember one form we filled out that asked about sports when we applied for admission. I do remember them telling us that if we were coming to Jesuit because of athletics that we were at the wrong school. Though they do believe it is a healthy part of a maturing male. My kids weren't at Jesuit when the lawsuit was filed but my opinion was the reason they filed the lawsuit was because what the UIL was doing was illegal. I guess the UIL realized it and backed off. Maybe it was because they wanted to force the UIL to come out of the dark ages and enter into the 21st century like the rest of the United States.

I too am tired of all of the crap spewed at a bunch of boys who just want to get a good education and play some sports like all of their friends that attend public schools do. Is it too much to ask? Too many it is.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 3/8/2011, 1:05 am

onetenguy wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:With district nearing the halfway mark, it looks like the areas strongest 5A will be:

7-5A
8-5A
5-5A

You have a firm grasp on the obvious. SL Carroll, Coppell and Keller ISD in 7-5A. Lewisville ISD and Plano schools in 8-5A. 5-5 not so much with the exceptions of Legacy. Whatever districts have SLC, Coppell, Plano ISD and Lewisville ISD will always dominate the boys and girls high schools soccer scene. Throwing out Jesuit (private schools don't play by the exact same rules as the rest of us), schools in 8-5A have won the last three state 5A boys titles.

Every year is different. I know you are still bitter about Jesuit not letting Marcus advance last year. The UIL will not take it away. 5-5A is coming on as a district this year. Legacy, Midlothian, Duncanville all have 10+ wins.

Now that most teams have played everyone once in district, I am sure there are several teams that want REVENGE in the second round of district play. Plano vs Marcus? Coppell Vs Southlake? Keller vs Southlake? Midlothian vs Legacy?

Jesuit didn't disallow our second goal in that game last year, the refs did. Jesuit got lucky which is one of things you need to win state.

I order to have a goal disallowed you have to score it first. Marcus never scored a second goal in the game. Got close, just couldn't get it in. Great save by the Jesuit keeper.

Baloney. We have two seperate videos and a still picture showing it in the goal. Aubrey did a great acting job!!!!!! We know it was a goal and so does he. Poor kid!

The wonderful thing about refs is they don't care who wins. They just call the game as they see it.

I too have a video of the play. And it is easy to see the ball hit the keepers foot, clearly planted in front of the touch line and the ball bouncing straight up (shame on you for calling out a plyer by name). Never crossing into the goal. The conspiracy theory still exists. I suppose you were shooting from the grassy knoll. I suppose you also have footage of the last goal hitting the football goal post instead of hitting the crossbar. So it shouldn't have counted either. Conspiracy number two.

But then I could counter with the footage I have of Jesuit scoring a goal in the second half when the keeper was out and one of the Marcus players was clearly standing inside of the goal and heading the ball out as you see the Jesuit players celebrating the scoring of the goal. Lines judge ruled the ENTIRE ball didn't cross into the goal. Oh well. I guess he blew both goals. Oops my bad, different lines judge. Or maybe I could bring up when Jesuit scored a goal in the first half when one of the Marcus fullbacks tripped over his own feet and fell down. And the ref disallowed the goal. In this case disallowed is correct as the ball HIT the back of the net. So I'll give you your goal if you give me my two. Same outcome.

You're absolutely right. A private school that doesn't play by the same rules as everyone else wins state. Boy, I would be proud. LOL!

And Jesuit's attendance zone is ...... DFW. Gee, that's not the same rules as every public school. Admit it, Jesuit has a special advantage. Why don't they win in soccer every year?Why were the only two private schools in the UIL in the state 5A final last year? Gee, they must be special. Enough Jesuit bashing, I find the idea of an all boys school in this day and age quite quaint. I'll finish with this little ditty - stranger, danger, Jesuit Ranger - after all, it is a Catholic institution. No more Jesuit comments this year. I've grow tired of listening to elitist bragging.

I agree. If they have such an advantage why don't they win in soccer every year? They have been in the UIL since 2003. And why don't they have a dominating football team. Maybe this mysterious advantage doesn't really exist. And why did it take 100 years for a private school to win a UIL state championship in a team sport? Must be the elusive advantage again. Personally I find any adult, bashing and bad mouthing young boys because they go to a private school or because some of them are Catholic, to be a very sad state. But after all it is the "good ol boy" state of Texas and is to be expected. By the way, could you point me to the post where the "elitist bragging" was? I must have missed it.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/8/2011, 7:03 am

Back to the scheduled program.

With an Allen win on Friday, drops Marcus to 4th in district! Jesuit loses to Richardson. Any update? Carroll in drivers seat for district title with win over Keller. #1 team in the nation Frisco-Wakeland loses first match in 4A. Good stuff!

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/8/2011, 8:13 am

soccergrinder wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:

Not sure what "full socio economic issues" you refer too. Could be interpreted as a racist statement. Hopefully not. Oh I get it; there are no girls at Jesuit. That must have been what you meant. It's a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma!

Actually family and God come before academics at Jesuit. Athletics is down the list. I can't remember one form we filled out that asked about sports when we applied for admission. I do remember them telling us that if we were coming to Jesuit because of athletics that we were at the wrong school. Though they do believe it is a healthy part of a maturing male. My kids weren't at Jesuit when the lawsuit was filed but my opinion was the reason they filed the lawsuit was because what the UIL was doing was illegal. I guess the UIL realized it and backed off. Maybe it was because they wanted to force the UIL to come out of the dark ages and enter into the 21st century like the rest of the United States.

I too am tired of all of the crap spewed at a bunch of boys who just want to get a good education and play some sports like all of their friends that attend public schools do. Is it too much to ask? Too many it is.

Grinder, you're giving SR2 too much credit...He isn't smart enough to purposefully wrap all that together in a single statement.

SR2, where were you last weekend? You were supposed to give me your schedule. We need a good laugh together! Wink
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolnutt 3/8/2011, 8:34 am

finish1 wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:

Grinder, you're giving SR2 too much credit...He isn't smart enough to purposefully wrap all that together in a single statement.

SR2, where were you last weekend? You were supposed to give me your schedule. We need a good laugh together! Wink

Who really cares if Jesuit is in UIL or not! There's no way they can afford to "recruit" and scholarship a whole team. I think the bigger question (no pun intended) is the mega schools in 5A have a huge advantage when they can pick a team out of 5,000 students vs. a 5A school with 2,500 or less. IMHO, those schools have much more of an advantage than Jesuit.

If Jesuit is illegally recruiting players, like Southlake Carroll in football, UIL would call them out. Or, if you know a school is illegally recruiting players, contact Brett Shipp. Otherwise, who really cares.

futbolnutt
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/8/2011, 8:46 am

finish1 wrote:

Go back in your hole finish1 you have nothing to add to this discussion.

I was at Richland on Saturday, I wore yellow.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Prism 3/8/2011, 9:14 am

When looking at the Marcus progream, vs. the Flower Mound and Lewisville teams...you can't tell me there isn't significant "recruiting" going on to get the best soccer players in the district to attend Marcus.

Prism
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 3/8/2011, 9:25 am

Always impressed at the denial of both sides of this argument. Having no child in any of the schools mentioned (will have next year).

- the sour grapes of losing to a better team cracks me up as it could just as likely be a bigger school, not a private one, you play against the opponent scheduled - simple as that. They petitioned to be able to do just that, so you have to live with it. I'm certain those complaining would find another reason (referees, scheduling...) to pin their losses on, it's an approach as old as sports.

- to deny Jesuit has no advantage is to be blind. How many Plano West (large 5A school with a superior soccer demographic)inhabitants go to Jesuit?

Many schools recruit in sports - I don't know of any in soccer, but to think good soccer players don't choose Jesuit is being silly (reverse recruiting still is a huge advantage).

This could just as easily be another sport, if the right coach or administrator determines to emphasize it. To deny school size or open registration is an advantage is just foolish - the coach can obviously offset things like this, but normally not in a sport that is club-based. Show me a soccer team that's kicking tail and isn't club based and I'll bet it's not from North Texas.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/8/2011, 10:12 am

I agree Jesuit has a perceived advantage because their available talent pool isn't limited by the boundaries of a public school district. However, that advantage may be equalized somewhat because of their religous cirriculum.

The reality is they won 5A boys soccer last year and earned every victory.

Over time, other powerhouses like Southlake, FM Marcus and Plano have better track records.

Speaking of Southlake, has anyone noticed how they are soaring up the charts? To win 5A state this year, you'll have to slay the Dragon. They play great possession ball and move it very well. I believe they are currently the only 5A team with offense and defense ranked in the Top 3.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by 90th_minute 3/8/2011, 4:25 pm

finish1 wrote:I agree Jesuit has a perceived advantage because their available talent pool isn't limited by the boundaries of a public school district. However, that advantage may be equalized somewhat because of their religous cirriculum.

Over time, other powerhouses like Southlake, FM Marcus and Plano have better track records.

Speaking of Southlake, has anyone noticed how they are soaring up the charts? To win 5A state this year, you'll have to slay the Dragon. They play great possession ball and move it very well. I believe they are currently the only 5A team with offense and defense ranked in the Top 3.

Southlake is very good, but the bottom half of 7-5A is extremely weak, so their goal totals are a little inflated. They are fun to watch, though.
90th_minute
90th_minute
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochocinco 3/8/2011, 9:12 pm

90th_minute wrote:
finish1 wrote:I agree Jesuit has a perceived advantage because their available talent pool isn't limited by the boundaries of a public school district. However, that advantage may be equalized somewhat because of their religous cirriculum.

Southlake is very good, but the bottom half of 7-5A is extremely weak, so their goal totals are a little inflated. They are fun to watch, though.

I liked their chances more last year than this year. It will soon get more competitive and we shall see.

Ochocinco
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom3 3/8/2011, 10:05 pm

Lake Highlands 3 vs Jesuit 3
LH wins in pks dribble ups tonight
socmom3
socmom3
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CincoB 3/8/2011, 10:29 pm

socmom3 wrote:Lake Highlands 3 vs Jesuit 3

Anytime LH beats Jesuit is a plus for this old man. I was responsible for LH losing to them in the Dr Pepper tournament back in the mid 80's. Easy cross and just botched it. Every win takes a little of that pain away. Way to go LHHS!

CincoB
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/9/2011, 7:28 am

Nice butt kicking Plano put on Marcus 5-2.

Re: Southlake inflated numbers. Most 5-A districts are 3-4 deep and the rest are fairly weak. Don't you wonder why 4 go to the playoffs?

Well done LHH. Tied with Jesuit for 2nd in district. Don't you know the Mustangs were pulling for LHH last night for the first time!! Good stuff!

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/9/2011, 8:58 am

When does Frisco Centennial get a Varsity team?
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by oglesbyr 3/9/2011, 9:45 am

Centennial has varsity, has since 04. All Frisco schools are varsity sports now. We rebounded from our 1-0 mishap with Frisco with a 6-0 over CHS last night. Scored 26 seconds in, good start.

How about Highland Park over RL Turner. Big win for the scots! Fun times getting ready for the playoffs!!

oglesbyr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 3/9/2011, 11:03 pm

Go McKinney Boyd Bronos win district then go deep in playoffs maybe all the way to state! The team has improved each game and have win against Plano pre-season.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/10/2011, 1:28 pm

Soccer, I like your chances. Region 2 Final in Austin could be a rematch from the Governor's Cup between McKinney Boyd and The Woodlands. That would be a great match.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 3/10/2011, 2:20 pm

CincoB wrote:

Anytime LH beats Jesuit is a plus for this old man. I was responsible for LH losing to them in the Dr Pepper tournament back in the mid 80's. Easy cross and just botched it. Every win takes a little of that pain away. Way to go LHHS!

You need to get your head out of the past and get back to living the present. Y'know, vicariously through your son like a "normal" guy. Just sayin.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 3/10/2011, 4:25 pm

Number13 wrote:
CincoB wrote:

You need to get your head out of the past and get back to living the present. Y'know, vicariously through your son like a "normal" guy. Just sayin.

That one got me thinking....If you are Wayne Gretsky or Joe Montana. Do you ever think they get caught up into their kid's games and then, upon slapping themselves, they say (to themselves)...'wait a minute, I'm Wayne Gretsky'.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by onetenguy 3/10/2011, 10:20 pm

soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
onetenguy wrote:

7-5A
8-5A
5-5A

I agree. If they have such an advantage why don't they win in soccer every year? They have been in the UIL since 2003. And why don't they have a dominating football team. Maybe this mysterious advantage doesn't really exist. And why did it take 100 years for a private school to win a UIL state championship in a team sport? Must be the elusive advantage again. Personally I find any adult, bashing and bad mouthing young boys because they go to a private school or because some of them are Catholic, to be a very sad state. But after all it is the "good ol boy" state of Texas and is to be expected. By the way, could you point me to the post where the "elitist bragging" was? I must have missed it.

I'm not bad mouthing the soccer boys at all, the big J had a great team last year. I'm complaining about the institutions that allow this unfair situtation to exist (Jesuit the school and the UIL). BTW, smart boys don't play American football - at least most of them.

All the talk about the rigourous academics at Jesuit is the bragging part. I would be happy to put the GPAs of Marcus top 100 students against the top 100 from Jesuit. Just because you pay big bucks doesn't mean you get a superior education. Most people get out of an education about what effort they put into it. Successful students are going to be successful any place you put them. Perhaps, the average student does better at Jesuit? Perhaps, the average Jesuit student is sheltered from the realities of the world? You will never be able to convince me that Jesuit has better students than Marcus, Southlake Carroll and Coppell.

onetenguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 3/11/2011, 7:49 am

clueless wrote:
That one got me thinking....If you are Wayne Gretsky or Joe Montana. Do you ever think they get caught up into their kid's games and then, upon slapping themselves, they say (to themselves)...'wait a minute, I'm Wayne Gretsky'.

After suffering through a half of Joe Montana's kid this year, I'm pretty sure he watches his son play with his head in his hands while occasionally muttering something about his wife's gene pool.

Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/11/2011, 10:05 am

Great matches being played all over NTX tonight. Go out and support your local HS Soccer team. Should be great weather!
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next