Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

High School Soccer Updates - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

High School Soccer Updates

+32
90th_minute
clueless
Prism
futbolnutt
mplsnsg
Pinknupe
happyfeet
THE NEEDLE
playhard
willeh
WRG
Ed
quickfoot
M Patient
Aswan
off_the_woodwork
debit
twotone
oglesbyr
soccerdad1
soccergrinder
onetenguy
ntxsoccerchat
curtaldo
kallaraa
my2cents
soccerrus2
old soccer dad
omega striker
Yak Attack
finish1
Soccernovice
36 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

High School Soccer Updates - Page 3 Empty Re: High School Soccer Updates

Post by soccerdad1 1/26/2011, 10:30 pm

So he did have a medical release in writing from the Dr to play in that tournament-correct? You had me confused as a post a little earlier inferred he was just released.

soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by oglesbyr 1/27/2011, 6:56 am

Ya did, he was good just not for full contact, thus why he was dressed but didn't play in the game portion. We felt he wasn't fit enough at all and to give it another week he could be restricted to what he did. He has dressed for every game we had played. I would never put a kid in harms way like that. We have another child who had knee surgery in the fall. Could have taken one also and is one of the top players in his group, but needs another month to heal and get to the point where the other player is. We never once considered him doing this. The guy that wrote the Yahoo article, didn't know everything, I never met him or gave him the information, he was writing a little off what he had heard. For example the picture used was last year's and the player who is referenced wasn't even in the pic since he played for FC Dallas academy and couldn't play hs ball. We didn't play Tuesday or the shooter would have played as he is today. Sorry for the confusion and appreciate your concern.

oglesbyr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 1/27/2011, 8:59 am

Thought the rule is shoot out players must be from the players on the field at the end of regulation. Any refs on this?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by oglesbyr 1/27/2011, 9:03 am

That is the club (USSF) rule. UIL permits that any player on the certified game roster exchanged with the referee in high school match is able to participate.

UIL Soccer Rules, F, 5a:
a. Officials will select the goal at which the shoot-out shall take place. Any member of the team which is in
good standing (has not been ejected) is eligible to participate in the shoot-out.

oglesbyr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 1/27/2011, 9:04 am

my2cents wrote:Thought the rule is shoot out players must be from the players on the field at the end of regulation. Any refs on this?
True for PK's, but whomever makes up the rules for HS soccer apparantely likes to be unique from the rest of the world. Add dribble-up shootout to decide tournament games and also players having to leave the field after any yellow card. Not saying these things are bad, but they can be confusing.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 1/27/2011, 10:33 am

Interesting . One more; what happens if the keeper fouls the shooter?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by oglesbyr 1/27/2011, 10:37 am

If shooter is fouled by keeper then it is a pk from the spot.

oglesbyr
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 1/27/2011, 11:57 am

That is correct-anyone can take a pk that is on the roster. Yes, the rules for high school are a little different Smile
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Yak Attack 1/27/2011, 11:35 pm

oglesbyr wrote:Ya did, he was good just not for full contact, thus why he was dressed but didn't play in the game portion. We felt he wasn't fit enough at all and to give it another week he could be restricted to what he did. He has dressed for every game we had played. I would never put a kid in harms way like that. We have another child who had knee surgery in the fall. Could have taken one also and is one of the top players in his group, but needs another month to heal and get to the point where the other player is. We never once considered him doing this. The guy that wrote the Yahoo article, didn't know everything, I never met him or gave him the information, he was writing a little off what he had heard. For example the picture used was last year's and the player who is referenced wasn't even in the pic since he played for FC Dallas academy and couldn't play hs ball. We didn't play Tuesday or the shooter would have played as he is today. Sorry for the confusion and appreciate your concern.

No need to clarify. It was a good story, and in truth I figured the rules for UIL were once again a little different than what we are all accustomed to. I've been "doing" HS soccer for many years now and still don't know most of the nuances other than a yellow card means the players sits. Good luck this season!!

sunny
Yak Attack
Yak Attack
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

High School Soccer Updates - Page 3 Empty Marcus v Coppell

Post by Aswan 1/31/2011, 1:49 pm

Coppell beat Marcus 2-0 Saturday to win the Marcus Cup. The game showed two well-matched teams. Marcus was unable to finish on multiple opportunities while Coppell got two of theirs in. Despite a signficant number of yellow cards, the game was fairly collegial for such an intense rivalry.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by onetenguy 1/31/2011, 9:54 pm

Aswan wrote:Coppell beat Marcus 2-0 Saturday to win the Marcus Cup. The game showed two well-matched teams. Marcus was unable to finish on multiple opportunities while Coppell got two of theirs in. Despite a signficant number of yellow cards, the game was fairly collegial for such an intense rivalry.

A fair assessment as always Aswan. However, it was a pretty physical game. The first Coppell goal was scored playing ping pong in the box. The second Coppell goal was scored on a clear offsides. The refs left much to be desired in this game.

Two very evenly matched teams. Coppell has a great defense but an average offense. I think if these two teams played ten games. they split five games to five. It should be interesting if and when these two teams meet in the playoffs.

onetenguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/1/2011, 10:38 am

Always great matches to watch. Will miss the rivalry with the new UIL alignment. Ugly or beautiful, a win is a win. And, last night, they won again 5-0 vs Saginaw.

Jesuit won last night as well, 2-0 vs Berkner...with their Coppell midfielder adding to his career total.

McKinney Boyd beat Garland 1-0

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/11/2011, 6:32 pm

Lots of HS soccer action out there tonight. Post em when you know em...
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by M Patient 2/11/2011, 11:08 pm

Wakeland 2-1 over Frisco
M Patient
M Patient
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 2/11/2011, 11:12 pm

Coppel 1 Southlake 2

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Aswan 2/12/2011, 11:03 am

The game wasn't even this close-total domantion by Southlake. They are very good this year.
Aswan
Aswan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/12/2011, 8:14 pm

Yes, possession soccer with quick passes. Good switching and effective use of the wingers in building attack. I really enjoy watching that syle at the high school level. Same game as youth, but bigger, faster, stronger with crisper touches.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccernovice 2/13/2011, 12:44 am

McKinney Boyd 4 and 0 in district now
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by quickfoot 2/13/2011, 11:24 am

Aswan wrote:The game wasn't even this close-total domantion by Southlake. They are very good this year.

Yes, total domination by Southlake but two very soft goals. They really didn't earn their goals.
quickfoot
quickfoot
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/16/2011, 2:44 pm

Friso Wakeland is beating up 4A this year. Maybe they should play up... What a Face

Any scores from last night? I heard Allen tied FM Marcus 1-1? SLC downed Keller Central, 3-0 and Coppell destroyed poor Justin NW, 10-0. Justin has soccer??
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 2/16/2011, 2:52 pm

finish1 wrote:Friso Wakeland is beating up 4A this year. Maybe they should play up... What a Face

Any scores from last night? I heard Allen tied FM Marcus 1-1? SLC downed Keller Central, 3-0 and Coppell destroyed poor Justin NW, 10-0. Justin has soccer??

It isn't "Justin Northwest". It is Northwest High School. One of two high schools in the Northwest ISD. (Bryon Nelson HS is the other). Northwest has kids from Fort Worth, Keller, Haslet, Justin, Rhome, maybe some of Roanoke.
Byron Nelson is Trophy Club and most of Roanoke.

And yes both Northwest HS and Byron Nelson has soccer and the middle schools in the district just started soccer programs last spring.

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/16/2011, 2:59 pm

Ed wrote:
finish1 wrote:Friso Wakeland is beating up 4A this year. Maybe they should play up... What a Face

It isn't "Justin Northwest". It is Northwest High School. One of two high schools in the Northwest ISD. (Bryon Nelson HS is the other). Northwest has kids from Fort Worth, Keller, Haslet, Justin, Rhome, maybe some of Roanoke.

And yes both Northwest HS and Byron Nelson has soccer and the middle schools in the district just started soccer programs last spring.

Middle School soccer? That's great! We may move to your district. I talked with our AD at a HS game last weekend and was reminded that MS soccer is a laughable notion in our neck of the woods. The prevailing thought is that players get all the training they need from the clubs...and the default "we have no money for your sport" arguement.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 2/16/2011, 3:23 pm

Watched Northwest player Keller HS last Friday night and it was an 8-0 walk in the park for Keller HS. KHS has some really strong and skilled kids but they played a lot of long ball to get in behind the Northwest back line. It was painful to watch in the second half and felt bad for the Northwest Kids. It was clear most or maybe all of the KHS kids had played years at the club level and were head and shoulders above Northwest.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ed 2/16/2011, 5:20 pm

finish1 wrote:
Ed wrote:

Middle School soccer? That's great! We may move to your district. I talked with our AD at a HS game last weekend and was reminded that MS soccer is a laughable notion in our neck of the woods. The prevailing thought is that players get all the training they need from the clubs...and the default "we have no money for your sport" arguement.

It isn't my district. I taught there in the past. Your AD is likely only concerned about <American> football and your question was a waste of his <valuable> time.

Ed
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 2/17/2011, 9:44 am

With district nearing the halfway mark, it looks like the areas strongest 5A will be:

7-5A
8-5A
5-5A

Should be a great second half and revenge factors for some.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by onetenguy 2/17/2011, 9:22 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:With district nearing the halfway mark, it looks like the areas strongest 5A will be:

7-5A
8-5A
5-5A

Should be a great second half and revenge factors for some.

You have a firm grasp on the obvious. SL Carroll, Coppell and Keller ISD in 7-5A. Lewisville ISD and Plano schools in 8-5A. 5-5 not so much with the exceptions of Legacy. Whatever districts have SLC, Coppell, Plano ISD and Lewisville ISD will always dominate the boys and girls high schools soccer scene. Throwing out Jesuit (private schools don't play by the exact same rules as the rest of us), schools in 8-5A have won the last three state 5A boys titles.

I'm curious as to your revenge factors - who against who?

onetenguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next