Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

High School Soccer Updates - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

High School Soccer Updates

+32
90th_minute
clueless
Prism
futbolnutt
mplsnsg
Pinknupe
happyfeet
THE NEEDLE
playhard
willeh
WRG
Ed
quickfoot
M Patient
Aswan
off_the_woodwork
debit
twotone
oglesbyr
soccerdad1
soccergrinder
onetenguy
ntxsoccerchat
curtaldo
kallaraa
my2cents
soccerrus2
old soccer dad
omega striker
Yak Attack
finish1
Soccernovice
36 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

High School Soccer Updates - Page 4 Empty Re: High School Soccer Updates

Post by onetenguy 2/17/2011, 9:22 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:With district nearing the halfway mark, it looks like the areas strongest 5A will be:

7-5A
8-5A
5-5A

Should be a great second half and revenge factors for some.

You have a firm grasp on the obvious. SL Carroll, Coppell and Keller ISD in 7-5A. Lewisville ISD and Plano schools in 8-5A. 5-5 not so much with the exceptions of Legacy. Whatever districts have SLC, Coppell, Plano ISD and Lewisville ISD will always dominate the boys and girls high schools soccer scene. Throwing out Jesuit (private schools don't play by the exact same rules as the rest of us), schools in 8-5A have won the last three state 5A boys titles.

I'm curious as to your revenge factors - who against who?

onetenguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 2/18/2011, 7:14 am

onetenguy wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:With district nearing the halfway mark, it looks like the areas strongest 5A will be:

7-5A
8-5A
5-5A

You have a firm grasp on the obvious. SL Carroll, Coppell and Keller ISD in 7-5A. Lewisville ISD and Plano schools in 8-5A. 5-5 not so much with the exceptions of Legacy. Whatever districts have SLC, Coppell, Plano ISD and Lewisville ISD will always dominate the boys and girls high schools soccer scene. Throwing out Jesuit (private schools don't play by the exact same rules as the rest of us), schools in 8-5A have won the last three state 5A boys titles.

Every year is different. I know you are still bitter about Jesuit not letting Marcus advance last year. The UIL will not take it away. 5-5A is coming on as a district this year. Legacy, Midlothian, Duncanville all have 10+ wins.

Now that most teams have played everyone once in district, I am sure there are several teams that want REVENGE in the second round of district play. Plano vs Marcus? Coppell Vs Southlake? Keller vs Southlake? Midlothian vs Legacy?

All of these have district championship implications.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/18/2011, 8:22 am

Agreed on the Duncanville comment. They may be the most overlooked HS team in 5A right now. The FM Marcus/Jesuit playoff game last year was the best HS game I've seen in a long time. It was an epic battle of equally balanced teams and was decided on luck and good fortune. Great day to be a Catholic.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by onetenguy 2/19/2011, 4:32 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:
onetenguy wrote:

7-5A
8-5A
5-5A

Every year is different. I know you are still bitter about Jesuit not letting Marcus advance last year. The UIL will not take it away. 5-5A is coming on as a district this year. Legacy, Midlothian, Duncanville all have 10+ wins.

Now that most teams have played everyone once in district, I am sure there are several teams that want REVENGE in the second round of district play. Plano vs Marcus? Coppell Vs Southlake? Keller vs Southlake? Midlothian vs Legacy?

Jesuit didn't disallow our second goal in that game last year, the refs did. Jesuit got lucky which is one of things you need to win state.

onetenguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 2/19/2011, 4:53 pm

Agreed,110. You got robbed by the popes of the pitch last year...
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by willeh 2/20/2011, 12:22 am

WRG wrote:Watched Northwest player Keller HS last Friday night and it was an 8-0 walk in the park for Keller HS. KHS has some really strong and skilled kids but they played a lot of long ball to get in behind the Northwest back line. It was painful to watch in the second half and felt bad for the Northwest Kids. It was clear most or maybe all of the KHS kids had played years at the club level and were head and shoulders above Northwest.
there are a few very talented club players not able to play for nw due to restrictions

willeh
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerdad1 2/20/2011, 12:25 am

restrictions=grades????
soccerdad1
soccerdad1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by willeh 2/20/2011, 12:58 am

soccerdad1 wrote:restrictions=grades????
club restrictions, AKA ussf academy

willeh
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 2/20/2011, 11:14 am

Thought the FCD Juniors were the only academy enforcing the no hs sports ban. Who else is doing that?

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 2/20/2011, 1:28 pm

my2cents wrote:Thought the FCD Juniors were the only academy enforcing the no hs sports ban. Who else is doing that?

Exactly. Texans, Solar, Andro have no such restrictions.

Most of the top High School teams are full of Academy players. Now grades are another thing...

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 2/25/2011, 10:03 am

Whats going on with Marcus? Lost to Hebron 2-0?

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by onetenguy 2/25/2011, 11:19 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:Whats going on with Marcus? Lost to Hebron 2-0?

If you can figure this question out, please call John Gall at Marcus High School (the varsity soccer coach). This year's team is inconsistent and definitely trying to find itself. Sort of like last year's Marcus team.

onetenguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 2/26/2011, 12:44 am

onetenguy wrote:

If you can figure this question out, please call John Gall at Marcus High School (the varsity soccer coach). This year's team is inconsistent and definitely trying to find itself. Sort of like last year's Marcus team.

Makes you wish for the glory days, huh?

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by playhard 2/26/2011, 6:45 am

onetenguy wrote:

Maybe his priority changed.
I guess he is too busy coaching his 00s and 99s.

playhard
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 2/26/2011, 8:53 am

playhard wrote:
onetenguy wrote:

Maybe his priority changed.
I guess he is too busy coaching his 00s and 99s.

OR it could just be that the talent level currently is a little shy of what it used to be. There are many good teams in the immediate area so it is very tough to be the top dog year after year (ask Jesuit). Marcus will be fine - they have many good kids coming up through JV and JV2. If that isn't enough they can always figure out how to get a few quality "move-ins" (maybe Southlake can coach them on how to do that LOL).

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 2/28/2011, 12:20 am

onetenguy wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
onetenguy wrote:

7-5A
8-5A
5-5A

Jesuit didn't disallow our second goal in that game last year, the refs did. Jesuit got lucky which is one of things you need to win state.

I order to have a goal disallowed you have to score it first. Marcus never scored a second goal in the game. Got close, just couldn't get it in. Great save by the Jesuit keeper.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 2/28/2011, 11:51 am

The Marcus and Jesuit banter continues over the game last year. Carry on as both teams are not as strong this year.
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by onetenguy 2/28/2011, 9:52 pm

soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
onetenguy wrote:

7-5A
8-5A
5-5A

I order to have a goal disallowed you have to score it first. Marcus never scored a second goal in the game. Got close, just couldn't get it in. Great save by the Jesuit keeper.

Baloney. We have two seperate videos and a still picture showing it in the goal. The goal keeper did a great acting job!!!!!! We know it was a goal and so does he. Poor kid!

Last edited by onetenguy on 3/4/2011, 11:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

onetenguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 3/1/2011, 7:37 am

Just curious since I wasn't there. Is your camera shot right ON the goal line or from an angle near midfield? Unless it's on the goal line, your video and picture are inconclusive and don't mean much.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/1/2011, 2:18 pm

Doesn't matter of the angle...ITOOTR

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Pinknupe 3/1/2011, 7:33 pm

THE NEEDLE wrote:The Marcus and Jesuit banter continues over the game last year. Carry on as both teams are not as strong this year.

DISAGREE MAN.

HOW TEETH DOING?
Pinknupe
Pinknupe
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 3/2/2011, 2:29 pm

onetenguy wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
onetenguy wrote:

7-5A
8-5A
5-5A

Baloney. We have two seperate videos and a still picture showing it in the goal. Aubrey did a great acting job!!!!!! We know it was a goal and so does he. Poor kid!

The wonderful thing about refs is they don't care who wins. They just call the game as they see it.

I too have a video of the play. And it is easy to see the ball hit the keepers foot, clearly planted in front of the touch line and the ball bouncing straight up (shame on you for calling out a plyer by name). Never crossing into the goal. The conspiracy theory still exists. I suppose you were shooting from the grassy knoll. I suppose you also have footage of the last goal hitting the football goal post instead of hitting the crossbar. So it shouldn't have counted either. Conspiracy number two.

But then I could counter with the footage I have of Jesuit scoring a goal in the second half when the keeper was out and one of the Marcus players was clearly standing inside of the goal and heading the ball out as you see the Jesuit players celebrating the scoring of the goal. Lines judge ruled the ENTIRE ball didn't cross into the goal. Oh well. I guess he blew both goals. Oops my bad, different lines judge. Or maybe I could bring up when Jesuit scored a goal in the first half when one of the Marcus fullbacks tripped over his own feet and fell down. And the ref disallowed the goal. In this case disallowed is correct as the ball HIT the back of the net. So I'll give you your goal if you give me my two. Same outcome.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 3/4/2011, 7:50 am

Some great matchups tonight...Go attend a game this evening!

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by onetenguy 3/4/2011, 11:35 pm

soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
onetenguy wrote:

7-5A
8-5A
5-5A

Baloney. We have two seperate videos and a still picture showing it in the goal. Aubrey did a great acting job!!!!!! We know it was a goal and so does he. Poor kid!

The wonderful thing about refs is they don't care who wins. They just call the game as they see it.

I too have a video of the play. And it is easy to see the ball hit the keepers foot, clearly planted in front of the touch line and the ball bouncing straight up (shame on you for calling out a plyer by name). Never crossing into the goal. The conspiracy theory still exists. I suppose you were shooting from the grassy knoll. I suppose you also have footage of the last goal hitting the football goal post instead of hitting the crossbar. So it shouldn't have counted either. Conspiracy number two.

But then I could counter with the footage I have of Jesuit scoring a goal in the second half when the keeper was out and one of the Marcus players was clearly standing inside of the goal and heading the ball out as you see the Jesuit players celebrating the scoring of the goal. Lines judge ruled the ENTIRE ball didn't cross into the goal. Oh well. I guess he blew both goals. Oops my bad, different lines judge. Or maybe I could bring up when Jesuit scored a goal in the first half when one of the Marcus fullbacks tripped over his own feet and fell down. And the ref disallowed the goal. In this case disallowed is correct as the ball HIT the back of the net. So I'll give you your goal if you give me my two. Same outcome.

You're absolutely right. A private school that doesn't play by the same rules as everyone else wins state. Boy, I would be proud of a championship by a team that anybody in town can play on. Buy a soccer championship, send your kid to Jesuit! LOL!

onetenguy
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccergrinder 3/5/2011, 12:00 am

onetenguy wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccergrinder wrote:
onetenguy wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
onetenguy wrote:

7-5A
8-5A
5-5A

You're absolutely right. A private school that doesn't play by the same rules as everyone else wins state. Boy, I would be proud. LOL!

We play by the UIL rules. And, yes, I am.
soccergrinder
soccergrinder
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mplsnsg 3/6/2011, 10:23 am

my child is not a jesuit student, though i am well versed in private education in n dallas. while jesuit is able to "recruit" students, those students must still maintain an acceptable gpa (a likely higher requirement than many of the public schools) to both play and stay in school while taking a courseload that is undoubtedly more demanding than most of the public schools. i am not attempting to bash public eduaction, but the boys that attend schools like jesuit or st marks or greenhill etc cannot simply rest on their athletic laurels, as their academic development is most important.

Last edited by mplsnsg on 3/6/2011, 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : msp)

mplsnsg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next