Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Classic League - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic League

+16
TRUmom
passerby
soccerfly
finish1
socmom3
CLUB31
BigE
Axxman
go99
The German
6Ducks
omega striker
DadofDefense
wareagle
plantit
baby_hippo
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Classic League - Page 3 Empty Re: Classic League

Post by omega striker 4/20/2011, 3:56 pm

finish1 wrote:OS doesn't have Classic envy, so he didn't get the joke.
I did miss that one fella's! lol! I also don't have club/team unity loyalty! tongue

omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/21/2011, 8:42 pm

wareagle wrote:
finish1 wrote:Those teams are not very far from you. Tyler took the last place spot in D2. FCD Red is in the middle of D3 and has a negative goal differential. Your posted loss was to a team in the middle of D2. Even that is a hike from the bottom of D1.

Your last Arlington game is against your nemesis, TX Lightning. They have the league's stingiest defense and haven't given up a goal since February. A loss to them on 4/30 stamps your return trip ticket back to Arlington next year. Not trying to deflate the balloon, just adding perspective to your claims...

You have me mixed up as someone associated with the Aztecas which I am not. My orginal statement about hanging with those teams refered to all three teams at the top of Arlington, not just one of them.

FWU results are:
6/26/2010 ANDROMEDA 99 BOYS D3 Won 1-0
6/26/2010 WIZARDS FC 99 D2 Tied 2-2
6/25/2010 BARCELONA SC 99 D1 lost 1-5

11/20/10 Manchester FC 2nd in Plano Tied 2-2
11/20/10 Tornados 99B White D3 Won 2-0
11/21/10 United D3 won 1-0
11/21/10 Texas Titans D1 lost 2-1

TXL 99B Black: I don't have time to look, will do it later.

My point was those three teams could hang with the classic league teams, not beat them all. D3 they have a good chance of winning, D2 could go either way, D1 would make a competitive opponent. Inconsistency is their main problem but they are all getting better. The reason it is tough to get out of Arlington is becasue they are beating each other and no one can pull away.
I'm a little confused.... FWU(now texas lightning gold) is playing in the silver bracket against 00' teams and not taking the challenge of playing against 2 D3 teams(DTRS and FCD South) and the what i consider the best team in NTX in the 99' age group Solar Red? heck Hurst United and Tx lightning black are going to give it a shot? scratch
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfly 4/22/2011, 5:24 pm

omega striker wrote:
wareagle wrote:
finish1 wrote:Those teams are not very far from you. Tyler took the last place spot in D2. FCD Red is in the middle of D3 and has a negative goal differential. Your posted loss was to a team in the middle of D2. Even that is a hike from the bottom of D1.

Your last Arlington game is against your nemesis, TX Lightning. They have the league's stingiest defense and haven't given up a goal since February. A loss to them on 4/30 stamps your return trip ticket back to Arlington next year. Not trying to deflate the balloon, just adding perspective to your claims...

You have me mixed up as someone associated with the Aztecas which I am not. My orginal statement about hanging with those teams refered to all three teams at the top of Arlington, not just one of them.

FWU results are:

My point was those three teams could hang with the classic league teams, not beat them all. D3 they have a good chance of winning, D2 could go either way, D1 would make a competitive opponent. Inconsistency is their main problem but they are all getting better. The reason it is tough to get out of Arlington is becasue they are beating each other and no one can pull away.
I'm a little confused.... FWU(now texas lightning gold) is playing in the silver bracket against 00' teams and not taking the challenge of playing against 2 D3 teams(DTRS and FCD South) and the what i consider the best team in NTX in the 99' age group Solar Red? heck Hurst United and Tx lightning black are going to give it a shot? scratch
They changed clubs and are going to represent their new club at the clubs tournament. They entered so late that they could not get into the other grouping, I don't think they were orginially going to play in this one.
soccerfly
soccerfly
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/24/2011, 10:16 pm

wareagle wrote:

FWU results are:

you can now look at Tx lightning black results at this past weekends tx lightning cup tourney! Suspect
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 4/25/2011, 8:49 am

omega striker wrote:
wareagle wrote:

FWU results are:

you can now look at Tx lightning black results at this past weekends tx lightning cup tourney! Suspect

Ouch. War dog, sorry Aztecas would not be a competitive oponent in D1. If you like to argue both sides of the debate, you must to better than that...If a team is ready to move up a Division (or 3), pulling away is exactly what they do. Not happening.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/25/2011, 11:53 am

finish1 wrote:
omega striker wrote:
wareagle wrote:

FWU results are:

Ouch. War dog, sorry Aztecas would not be a competitive oponent in D1. If you like to argue both sides of the debate, you must to better than that...If a team is ready to move up a Division (or 3), pulling away is exactly what they do. Not happening.
yea both Tx lightning teams seem to struggle this past weekend? Suspect
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by wareagle 4/25/2011, 5:21 pm

omega striker wrote:
wareagle wrote:

FWU results are:

Didn't you say this? "just want to throw something out there...... tournaments don't mean sh$t too many "guest players" and players on "vacation" the small clubs will bring on guest players to get a win to "promote" their status for recruiting purposes and yes they do it so don't deny this and big clubs will bring on guest players to see who they can "use" and "kick off" lol!"One team won a division they didn't choose to be in and the other played Solar Red as tough as the classic league teams and had a 2-1 loss against a D2 team. They were as competitive as the classic league teams against an upper level D1 team and the D2 game could have gone either way. Which is what I said.
wareagle
wareagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wareagle 4/25/2011, 5:36 pm

finish1 wrote:
omega striker wrote:
wareagle wrote:

FWU results are:

Andro SC 99B Navy won by two points over the third place team, FCD 99B Central lost by won point and beat the third place team by one point. Neither team really "pulled away" and it was a three way race to move from D2 into D1.

DFW Tornado's pulled away in D3 but the second place team, United 99, beat the third place team by one point.

The two teams in Plano did pull away from the group.

Still not sure how three teams in Arlington taking turns beating each other is different from what happens in the other leagues.

I just don't think the descrepancy is that great between all the "packs" until you get to the upper half of D1. Those teams are much better than all the others but the group that contains the top of Plano, the top of Arlington, D3 and D2 is not that much different from one another. The packs are more like Upper D1 and then everyone else.
wareagle
wareagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/25/2011, 10:30 pm

wareagle wrote:
omega striker wrote:
wareagle wrote:

FWU results are:

Didn't you say this? "just want to throw something out there...... tournaments don't mean sh$t too many "guest players" and players on "vacation" the small clubs will bring on guest players to get a win to "promote" their status for recruiting purposes and yes they do it so don't deny this and big clubs will bring on guest players to see who they can "use" and "kick off" lol!"One team won a division they didn't choose to be in and the other played Solar Red as tough as the classic league teams and had a 2-1 loss against a D2 team. They were as competitive as the classic league teams against an upper level D1 team and the D2 game could have gone either way. Which is what I said.
true and weren't you one the making comparison about how well how aztecs and FWU(now Tx lightning)did in tourneys against classic league teams? Tx lightning Gold squeeked by a 4th/5th place PPL team pachuca and barely beat a 00' team and Tx lightning black was never a threat in beating FCD South a now D3 team ! SR just played with everybody trying out some new players and moving some players around for fun!so with that being said it seems like both Tx lightning teams might be in a tougher than expected fight come QT with TFC and Manchester?

omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 4/26/2011, 6:54 am

War Eagle- I'm assuming you are female. Let's get one thing clear. You don't win or lose soccer games by one "point" or two "points" or score "points" ...you lose games by "goals" and you score one "goal" or two "goals". Second your little Arlington teams that you are talking about would play 18 games in D1 and go 0-2-16 which would get you a grand total of 2 pts for the year. In D2 they would go 2-2-14, which would get you a grand total of 8 pts for the year. Play in Arlington, win the qualifying tourney move up to D3 and get better.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/26/2011, 8:22 am

Club, I think Wareagle was referring to the Classic League standings, as in United99 is moving up to d2 because they ended the season with one more "point" than Andro-Gentile.

But as an aside, you really feel the need to chastise someone for saying a game was won with "points" instead of "goals?" Really?

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 4/26/2011, 9:28 am

I apoligize...It was a little early and the neighbors dog kept me up all night.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/26/2011, 11:38 am

wareagle, I'm just giving you a hard time don't take this crazy site and especially me personally it's all just for fun! competitive fun but fun! tongue
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerfly 4/26/2011, 7:39 pm

ttt
soccerfly
soccerfly
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wareagle 4/27/2011, 7:55 am

omega striker wrote:wareagle, I'm just giving you a hard time don't take this crazy site and especially me personally it's all just for fun! competitive fun but fun! tongue
It's all good. I'm just having some fun and stating my opinion. Cool
wareagle
wareagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wareagle 4/27/2011, 7:58 am

CLUB31 wrote:War Eagle- I'm assuming you are female. Let's get one thing clear. You don't win or lose soccer games by one "point" or two "points" or score "points" ...you lose games by "goals" and you score one "goal" or two "goals". Second your little Arlington teams that you are talking about would play 18 games in D1 and go 0-2-16 which would get you a grand total of 2 pts for the year. In D2 they would go 2-2-14, which would get you a grand total of 8 pts for the year. Play in Arlington, win the qualifying tourney move up to D3 and get better.
Hmmm, thats just wrong on so many different levels.

The Vuvuzela should have been your first clue. I know it was early in the morning but WOW. Rolling Eyes
wareagle
wareagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/27/2011, 10:45 am

wareagle wrote:
omega striker wrote:wareagle, I'm just giving you a hard time don't take this crazy site and especially me personally it's all just for fun! competitive fun but fun! tongue
It's all good. I'm just having some fun and stating my opinion. Cool
cool I wouldn't want it any other way! Laughing
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Classic League - Page 3 Empty The gap in "quality of play" is closing...

Post by passerby 5/13/2011, 7:33 pm

I've had kids in all three divisions of Classic League and over the last several years I have noticed that almost all the teams in CL and those at the top of Arlington and Plano are more competitive than they were in years past. A few short years ago, several of the D3 teams looked like the local rec teams, but that is not the case anymore. Also, it seems like every year, some team from Arlington or Plano "comes out of nowhere" and sweeps their division and then fairly easily wins the QT. I've also seen, three different times, those same teams sweep D3, then D2, and then make it to D1. Once there, I haven't seen them in the top three, but they were/are competitive. BUT, they didn't do it over night. One division a year is quite a bit of time and there is always turnover. The weak or discontent leave and someone wanting to join a winning team gets picked up; hence they get stronger. Typically I'd give the credit to a good coach.

However, as was stated, most of the mid-range tournaments, and even some of the higher ones, are not good places to compare teams. I just watched a Plano team with a mediocre season win the Carey Tournament over D3 teams because the three guest players they had were huge and fast and they happened to get one of those lucky fast breaks and the other team couldn't get their 20 shots in the net. It happens.

State Cup and President's Cup, where no guests are allowed, are probably the only places you're going to see how a team stacks up outside their current division. Even so, a better team can have a bad day and they're out. League play, where you have to show consistency, is where it counts. It just keeps getting better though...

passerby
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/13/2011, 8:10 pm

passerby wrote:I've had kids in all three divisions of Classic League and over the last several years I have noticed that almost all the teams in CL and those at the top of Arlington and Plano are more competitive than they were in years past. A few short years ago, several of the D3 teams looked like the local rec teams, but that is not the case anymore. Also, it seems like every year, some team from Arlington or Plano "comes out of nowhere" and sweeps their division and then fairly easily wins the QT. I've also seen, three different times, those same teams sweep D3, then D2, and then make it to D1. Once there, I haven't seen them in the top three, but they were/are competitive. BUT, they didn't do it over night. One division a year is quite a bit of time and there is always turnover. The weak or discontent leave and someone wanting to join a winning team gets picked up; hence they get stronger. Typically I'd give the credit to a good coach.

However, as was stated, most of the mid-range tournaments, and even some of the higher ones, are not good places to compare teams. I just watched a Plano team with a mediocre season win the Carey Tournament over D3 teams because the three guest players they had were huge and fast and they happened to get one of those lucky fast breaks and the other team couldn't get their 20 shots in the net. It happens.State Cup and President's Cup, where no guests are allowed, are probably the only places you're going to see how a team stacks up outside their current division. Even so, a better team can have a bad day and they're out. League play, where you have to show consistency, is where it counts. It just keeps getting better though...
which age group was this? and was it this past carey tourney? confused
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by passerby 5/16/2011, 10:54 am

passerby wrote:I've had kids in all three divisions of Classic League and over the last several years I have noticed that almost all the teams in CL and those at the top of Arlington and Plano are more competitive than they were in years past. A few short years ago, several of the D3 teams looked like the local rec teams, but that is not the case anymore. Also, it seems like every year, some team from Arlington or Plano "comes out of nowhere" and sweeps their division and then fairly easily wins the QT. I've also seen, three different times, those same teams sweep D3, then D2, and then make it to D1. Once there, I haven't seen them in the top three, but they were/are competitive. BUT, they didn't do it over night. One division a year is quite a bit of time and there is always turnover. The weak or discontent leave and someone wanting to join a winning team gets picked up; hence they get stronger. Typically I'd give the credit to a good coach.

However, as was stated, most of the mid-range tournaments, and even some of the higher ones, are not good places to compare teams. I just watched a Plano team with a mediocre season win the Carey Tournament over D3 teams because the three guest players they had were huge and fast and they happened to get one of those lucky fast breaks and the other team couldn't get their 20 shots in the net. It happens.

State Cup and President's Cup, where no guests are allowed, are probably the only places you're going to see how a team stacks up outside their current division. Even so, a better team can have a bad day and they're out. League play, where you have to show consistency, is where it counts. It just keeps getting better though...

Sorry, my example wasn't a 99 age group.

passerby
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/16/2011, 11:29 am

passerby wrote:

Sorry, my example wasn't a 99 age group.
oh ok Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUmom 5/16/2011, 7:15 pm

Pachuca 99 did win this Last Carey tournament. The score was 1-0 but I can't remember of hand who they played.

TRUmom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 5/16/2011, 8:55 pm

TRUmom wrote:Pachuca 99 did win this Last Carey tournament. The score was 1-0 but I can't remember of hand who they played.
yea they won the silver bracket against i think liverpool white? Wizards beat FCD south in the gold bracket! Cool
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ball-coise is mhath 5/17/2011, 7:38 pm

[quote="omega striker"][quote="passerby"]

Like Omega and passerby, I've had a number of kids involved in competitive soccer in NTX over a fair number of years. I have seen a few teams move up through the ranks, but I have also seen plenty more teams that win challenges or get promoted up a division in classic only to lose most if not all of their games and move down the following year or only barely hang on in the new division. Much, much more of the latter than the former. I do agree, even with DA, the level of competition has gotten better in classic over the years. I think the talent has been more evenly distributed over the divisions lately.

That said, I think the notion of a PPL or APL team being able to compete with teams several levels above a real stretch as a general rule. Typically, there is a real break in each division if you look at the standings. In any given division, say DII, the top 3 or 4 teams are frequently close in points and goal diff etc, and the lower teams far away. Those top DII teams can usually compete, inconsistently, with the lower half or so of the DI teams, and at times playt good games against the top echelon, but the top DIII teams are usually not up to snuff with upper DII teams, and most often can not play with the lower DI teams.

Teams that maintain a good core through the years tend to fare better. Take West Texas United in the 94s--there is a solid commitment level from a group of boys and parents that travel all that distance every year and generally stay together--they were pretty competitive in DI this year, having moved up through the ranks. Not always, but sometimes the level of commitment from all of the team members/parents in lower divisions and leagues can be an issue preventing development.

Throw in coaches shifting clubs, kids (parents) looking for greener grass, some groups with better recruiting, personality conflicts, etc. etc. makes it difficult. That doesn't mean this is bad. I know a player that went from a miserable DIII team to a DI team who got plenty of playing time in a top 3 DI team and that was good for his development. There are plenty of talented kids in PPL and APL and every classic division that can play with the best. FInding the right fit sometimes makes more sense than team/friend loyalty.
ball-coise is mhath
ball-coise is mhath
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wareagle 5/20/2011, 2:51 pm

Looks like they have added several teams to the challenge tourney....what gives? Does this have to do with te Pre-Academy teams and more open slots in CL?

TBA U12 (Texas North)
FC DALLAS YOUTH FC DALLAS 99B BLACK(CHE) (Texas North)
AZTECAS 99B (Texas North)
DFW TEJANOS 99B (BARROW) (Texas North)
TXLIGHTNING 99BGOLD(FORMERLY)FWU 99B GOLD (Texas North)
MANCHESTER SC MANCHESTER 99 WHITE (Texas North)
TFC 99 BOYS (Texas North)
TEXAS LIGHTNING SC TX LIGHTNING 99B BLACK (Texas North)

wareagle
wareagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 5/20/2011, 3:39 pm

[quote="wareagle"]
Looks like they have added several teams to the challenge tourney....what gives? Does this have to do with te Pre-Academy teams and more open slots in CL?

TBA U12 (Texas North)
FC DALLAS YOUTH FC DALLAS 99B BLACK(CHE) (Texas North)
AZTECAS 99B (Texas North)
DFW TEJANOS 99B (BARROW) (Texas North)
TXLIGHTNING 99BGOLD(FORMERLY)FWU 99B GOLD (Texas North)
MANCHESTER SC MANCHESTER 99 WHITE (Texas North)
TFC 99 BOYS (Texas North)
TEXAS LIGHTNING SC TX LIGHTNING 99B BLACK (Texas North)

Looks like they added one from Plano and Arlington as FC Toros were added to the list.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next