Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Gunners vs Comets Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Gunners vs Comets

+20
arsenalfan
socmom3
sokrmom72
rip
99srule
cometsblue99dad
omega striker
plantit
Freeatlast
Ibystander
eredivisie
Speedy Gonzales
NorthTXWildcat
soccerrus2
abc123
CLUB31
Axxman
hookem
Eight-Ball
TonyRomo
24 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gunners vs Comets Empty Gunners vs Comets

Post by TonyRomo 8/8/2009, 12:29 pm

Congratulations to the Comet team on the well deserved win today, definately an example of a team coached to play the beautiful game. Collectively the Gunner's parents behavior on the sideline was deplorable. I am going to google earth now to see the proximity of the nearest trailer park to the Gunner practice fields.
TonyRomo
TonyRomo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Gunners vs Comets Empty Re: Gunners vs Comets

Post by Eight-Ball 8/8/2009, 4:26 pm

I heard the coach was tossed out of the game, what did the parents do?

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 8/8/2009, 4:57 pm

LOL! I do not know what world you live in, but it was not the Gunners fans that were acting trashy.
Trailer park, please.

Last edited by hookem on 8/8/2009, 5:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/8/2009, 5:01 pm

Hookem; That is what the comments above are saying, what part are you misreading?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 8/8/2009, 5:02 pm

I was an outside observer to the Gunners vs Comets game and the Gunners parents should be ashamed of themselves. The Comets could have beaten them 5,6,7-0 as the Gunners scored with about 1min or less in the game. The coach and parents were very mean and the sportsmanship was deploable. Congratulations to the Comets they are a very good team.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 8/8/2009, 5:15 pm

sorry, intended to say, gunners parents were not trashy.
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 8/8/2009, 5:16 pm

CLUB31 wrote:I was an outside observer to the Gunners vs Comets game and the Gunners parents should be ashamed of themselves. The Comets could have beaten them 5,6,7-0 as the Gunners scored with about 1min or less in the game. The coach and parents were very mean and the sportsmanship was deploable. Congratulations to the Comets they are a very good team.

hmmm, wow, cant believe I watched the same game as you.

Last edited by hookem on 8/8/2009, 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/8/2009, 5:18 pm

Hookem, you sound bitter. Gifts or not, the comets took advantage and won. Don't worry, you get another chance tomorrow. Look like the Gunners had trouble putting the ball in the goal, with a total of 3 goals scored the whole tourny?

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 8/8/2009, 5:25 pm

As a parent of another team, that game was not as close as the score. As I said, the Gunners scored with less than a minute left and the Comets missed 4 or 5 point blank shots in the first half. The Gunners parents were very bitter!

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Gunners vs Comets Empty gunners are classy

Post by abc123 8/8/2009, 5:29 pm

One of the Gunners "fathers", acted like a complete fool following the loss. He was not alone on the sideline, but, he was certainly the most vocal in his berating of the referees. The Gunner boys took the loss well and shook hands like gentlemen. Too bad the parents couldn't have behaved as respectfully. Dude - next time you choose to embarrass your kid, your wife and your team, please remove the UT hat.

abc123
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 8/8/2009, 5:33 pm

Axxman wrote:Hookem, you sound bitter. Gifts or not, the comets took advantage and won. Don't worry, you get another chance tomorrow. Look like the Gunners had trouble putting the ball in the goal, with a total of 3 goals scored the whole tourny?
yes, they had trouble scoring. The comets won the 50/50's and for most of the game out hustled the gunners. The comet kids played well. No bitternes at all.
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyRomo 8/8/2009, 5:36 pm

hookem wrote:
Axxman wrote:Hookem; That is what the comments above are saying, what part are you misreading?

it was a typo. Nothing was misread.
Axxman it is not that he misread but rather he can't read.
TonyRomo
TonyRomo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/8/2009, 5:37 pm

Don't ya just love newbies?? Carry on!

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 8/8/2009, 6:04 pm

TonyRomo wrote:
hookem wrote:
Axxman wrote:Hookem; That is what the comments above are saying, what part are you misreading?

it was a typo. Nothing was misread.
Axxman it is not that he misread but rather he can't read.

Bottom line: Comets kids came to play and played well
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 8/8/2009, 6:10 pm

That Comet team might be one of the best teams in D1. The Gunners should not be that upset.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NorthTXWildcat 8/8/2009, 6:45 pm

CLUB31 wrote:That Comet team might be one of the best teams in D1. The Gunners should not be that upset.

I wouldn't go that far. Too early to tell Question
NorthTXWildcat
NorthTXWildcat
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 8/8/2009, 7:38 pm

NorthTXWildcat wrote:
CLUB31 wrote:That Comet team might be one of the best teams in D1. The Gunners should not be that upset.

Certainly, based on results from the first round (the only round they had to play), they are one of the 10 best teams in D1. Results speak volumes.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by eredivisie 8/8/2009, 7:45 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
NorthTXWildcat wrote:

Certainly, based on results from the first round (the only round they had to play), they are one of the 10 best teams in D1. Results speak volumes.
Speedy, you are getting a little ahead of yourself. The Comets were the best of the 5 teams in their bracket. That is all that was this weekend. At the end of the spring, we will know if they are the among the 10 best teams in D1...

eredivisie
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 8/8/2009, 7:49 pm

Eight-Ball wrote:I heard the coach was tossed out of the game, what did the parents do?
Don't know, but maybe refs should also think about throwing parents off the field, too.  I also had an ugly encounter with the Gunners parents, or one of them.  I was too slow packing up my chair, so one muttered, "well, just take your time," to which I replied, "sure will."
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 8/8/2009, 8:06 pm

eredivisie wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
NorthTXWildcat wrote:

Speedy, you are getting a little ahead of yourself. The Comets were the best of the 5 teams in their bracket. That is all that was this weekend. At the end of the spring, we will know if they are the among the 10 best teams in D1...
Agreed, but all I'm saying is that, at this snapshot in time, they are better than at least 38 other teams that tried out. They proved they could play well against what some considered a superior opponent. Some teams win with class and they are one of them. Good luck, Comets. And, no, I'm not a Comets parent.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 8/8/2009, 9:09 pm

Ibystander wrote:
Eight-Ball wrote:I heard the coach was tossed out of the game, what did the parents do?
Don't know, but maybe refs should also think about throwing parents off the field, too.  I also had an ugly encounter with the Gunners parents, or one of them.  I was too slow packing up my chair, so one muttered, "well, just take your time," to which I replied, "sure will."

Refs do occasionally tell a parent to hit the road, although I don't think the offense you mention would merit a parent dismissal. Smile

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 8/8/2009, 9:32 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
eredivisie wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
NorthTXWildcat wrote:

Agreed, but all I'm saying is that, at this snapshot in time, they are better than at least 38 other teams that tried out. They proved they could play well against what some considered a superior opponent. Some teams win with class and they are one of them. Good luck, Comets. And, no, I'm not a Comets parent.

They didn't play all 38 teams. Soooo?
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 8/8/2009, 9:50 pm

plantit wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
eredivisie wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
NorthTXWildcat wrote:

No, but 30 teams still have to play tomorrow to earn the right to play Classic and 8 teams were sent packing to Plano or Arlington. In the meantime, the Comets get to take a well-deserved break You'll at least be intellectually honest enough to admit that the Comets are better than those 8 eliminated teams and most of those other 30, or does pounding the no. 8 seed really mean nothing. I'm not saying they will win D1, but they're certainly worthy to be there.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 8/8/2009, 9:59 pm

Speedy Gonzales wrote:
plantit wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
eredivisie wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
NorthTXWildcat wrote:

No, but 30 teams still have to play tomorrow to earn the right to play Classic and 8 teams were sent packing to Plano or Arlington. In the meantime, the Comets get to take a well-deserved break You'll at least be intellectually honest enough to admit that the Comets are better than those 8 eliminated teams and most of those other 30, or does pounding the no. 8 seed really mean nothing. I'm not saying they will win D1, but they're certainly worthy to be there.
Agreed they did show well, but never been a fan of their style . they just got to play 2 teams gunners, velez that play the same style, and they were more successful at it.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 8/8/2009, 10:22 pm

plantit wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
plantit wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
eredivisie wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
NorthTXWildcat wrote:

Agreed they did show well, but never been a fan of their style . they just got to play 2 teams gunners, velez that play the same style, and they were more successful at it.
Ok, I'll bite. What style is that?
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next