Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Gunners vs Comets - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Gunners vs Comets

+20
arsenalfan
socmom3
sokrmom72
rip
99srule
cometsblue99dad
omega striker
plantit
Freeatlast
Ibystander
eredivisie
Speedy Gonzales
NorthTXWildcat
soccerrus2
abc123
CLUB31
Axxman
hookem
Eight-Ball
TonyRomo
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Gunners vs Comets - Page 4 Empty Re: Gunners vs Comets

Post by Eight-Ball 8/10/2009, 1:57 pm

cometsblue99dad wrote:why do you care! I have feelings for my friends. Oh I forgot you are a texan you do not care about people
hmmmmm..... with friends like you its pretty obvious why they switched clubs! After this thread with you, I want to switch back to *.

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 8/10/2009, 2:00 pm

The texans will run this team into the ground . and I'm for FCD
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrmom72 8/10/2009, 2:01 pm

Mr. Comet..............
Why did your "friends" leave your organization if they were going to have lots of playing time on your second team? What made them switch?

sokrmom72
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/10/2009, 2:17 pm

cometsblue99dad wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
cometsblue99dad wrote:Why would we leave a coach that makes our boys work hard, and grow, for a coach like the Texans ,that only cares about money. Are you saying that all the kids on the Texans will stay a Texan. You have must dream about your Texans every night. I can be sure that the Top players on the Comets which my son is one, will not be gong anywhere.

It is funny no one seems to know about the 90 Comets they had great success. Well Comets are back baby. FC Dallas and the Comets will show the Texans they are not the lone wolfs.
And for Solarrr not until Kevin Smith or one of the other old Sidekicks, coach the 99's will they continue to prosper.

An Andromeda where have they been in Pals gold they did not even break the top 10.

Sorry you guys can continue to bash the Comets organization, but we will prove you wrong as we have all through this process.

It is obvious that you are a newbie to NTX Boys soccer and thats ok. Comets used to be a very good club back in the day...and sent several players to bigger and better places. No so much in the last 5 or so years. Its ok to be proud but don't let your exuberance cloud the reality.

As far as Zeph? Ask any of his old players what they thought of him when he was a Texan coach.

I have been in NTX soccer for 20 years I had a boy play Division 1 and 2 for three clubs.
Comets have always had good teams. I am not just proud lady I have knowledge. It is to bad you are just a one sided parent, Missy!
Thanks for saying I am mouthy, You are so right I am mouthy my wife will tell that. But I am not a person that hides behind my screen name. I show my team and my child. Unlike you and others who attack and say nasty things about others like mouthy. Why don't you say who you are and what team and child is on, Missy. I am sorry for you that you have to be so nasty.
I think you are the one that is having an identity crisis cometsbluedad99 or proud lady!
I have no dog in this fight but I am responding....well..because it amuses me to watch the newby parents get so crazy about their little 10 y/o.
What have I said that was nasty?
There is no way you have been a parent in NTX for 20 years and act this way regarding U11....all us old dogs have settled down and just enjoy because it goes by really fast!

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 8/10/2009, 6:00 pm

cometsblue99dad wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:
cometsblue99dad wrote:Why would we leave a coach that makes our boys work hard, and grow, for a coach like the Texans ,that only cares about money. Are you saying that all the kids on the Texans will stay a Texan. You have must dream about your Texans every night. I can be sure that the Top players on the Comets which my son is one, will not be gong anywhere.

It is funny no one seems to know about the 90 Comets they had great success. Well Comets are back baby. FC Dallas and the Comets will show the Texans they are not the lone wolfs.
And for Solarrr not until Kevin Smith or one of the other old Sidekicks, coach the 99's will they continue to prosper.

An Andromeda where have they been in Pals gold they did not even break the top 10.

Sorry you guys can continue to bash the Comets organization, but we will prove you wrong as we have all through this process.

It is obvious that you are a newbie to NTX Boys soccer and thats ok. Comets used to be a very good club back in the day...and sent several players to bigger and better places. No so much in the last 5 or so years. Its ok to be proud but don't let your exuberance cloud the reality.

As far as Zeph? Ask any of his old players what they thought of him when he was a Texan coach.

I have been in NTX soccer for 20 years I had a boy play Division 1 and 2 for three clubs.
Comets have always had good teams. I am not just proud lady I have knowledge. It is to bad you are just a one sided parent, Missy!
Thanks for saying I am mouthy, You are so right I am mouthy my wife will tell that. But I am not a person that hides behind my screen name. I show my team and my child. Unlike you and others who attack and say nasty things about others like mouthy. Why don't you say who you are and what team and child is on, Missy. I am sorry for you that you have to be so nasty.
As my junior high coach would say. "Time to get out the gloves"

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 8/10/2009, 6:02 pm

cometsblue99dad wrote:I talk about the Texans because I know a few of the boys that where going to be starters on our second team.The Texans talk about how you have to be Texans, if they want to be good players. How can you be a good player when you sit on the Bench.
Unlike most Texan parents, I feel sorry for parents and kids that pay all the money , so they can watch from the bench.

I had Marcio tell me that my oldest son would never be a good player, if he did not play for Texans and my son had a great time playing Classic.

Like I said before socmom3, I have been around these coaches and classic for 20 years

Of course he is going to tell you that. Marcio is a sales guys that just happens to coach soccer. Dont fool yourself. EVERY coach in select cares more about his pocket book then your bb. Soory that is the way it goes.

Last edited by arsenalfan on 8/10/2009, 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 8/10/2009, 6:04 pm

sokrmom72 wrote:Your hilarious...............go back and read all of your comments. You are the one who is nasty! Why bash the Texans? What do you have against them?

"Wordy" is more appropriate.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 8/10/2009, 6:07 pm

sokrmom72 wrote:But what is it any of your business? Why do you care? I know for a fact that all of the parents on both teams were told there is no promised amount of playing time. Its in the contract !!!
But again.............why so frustrated about it?
"Texans" envy

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by arsenalfan 8/10/2009, 6:09 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:
cometsblue99dad wrote:
soccerrus2 wrote:

I think you are the one that is having an identity crisis cometsbluedad99 or proud lady!
I have no dog in this fight but I am responding....well..because it amuses me to watch the newby parents get so crazy about their little 10 y/o.
What have I said that was nasty?
There is no way you have been a parent in NTX for 20 years and act this way regarding U11....all us old dogs have settled down and just enjoy because it goes by really fast!
If this guy is who, I think it is, he has been this way ever since U6 rec.

arsenalfan
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 8/10/2009, 6:16 pm

I am so glad the kids don't see their parents bickering online. For goodness sake, they're only 10 right now! In a few more years, they'll have pimples, start running after girls, and probably hang up those cleats! Enjoy their enthusiasm while it lasts.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by incognito 8/10/2009, 8:34 pm

cometsblue99dad wrote:This is going to be a great group. The '99 boys have talent all over the league. I know the Texans believe they are the only good team out there.
But now maybe parents will understand that there is talent on many teams.
I feel sorry for the parents that signed up to play on Texan teams and they watched their kids sit on the bench all through the tournament.
To those parents, do not give up on your player.
Just make sure you find a good home next Fall.
Just because the Texans do not give players an opportunity to develop, does not mean that your child does not have potential.

The Comets also did well with One D1 and One D2 team.
cometsblue99dad - first let me say that i saw your game against the gunners on saturday and your boys played a great game, just like the last game you played against them in the tut tourney, physical and well played. i can tell you from experience that any success your team has will always be downplayed by bigger clubs teams until you beat them consistently. your boys have done well and deserve their place in D1, instead of posting about the texans, just have your boys go out and let their play do the talking. those boys that are seeing limited playing time with the texans did not go there because they wanted to, they went because the parents thought the texans is the place to be. if they get no playing time and do not develop, the parents will be the ones to blame, not the texans coaches who took them in, they are just trying to cover their salaries. keep up the good play with the comets, i am sure at the end of this first year, many of the small team nay sayers will begin to appreciate your team and others like them that are not texans, fcd or solar.

incognito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 8/10/2009, 8:38 pm

I will say that our coach did a very good job of making sure that everyone played significant amounts of time. It has at times hurt the results but in the end it is better for the development of all of the boys. My bb played almost every minute and it can be a little frustrating to see kids come in and bring down the level of play, but I always try to remind myself that they are just 10. It's not about winning it's about developing. Kudos to our coach. The team has been blasted by people on here for their up and down results and often by parents on the team. The coach took the difficult path of development and fortunately we were still able to qualify D1.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by incognito 8/10/2009, 8:55 pm

CLUB31 wrote:My son does not play on the Comets or one of the big clubs. I am amazed the Comets generate so much disscusion. They must be a good team that can challenge the bigger clubs. After watching them play the Tut against the FCBlue and the Gunners this weekend(both d1 teanms) it was obvious they are much,much, better than those two. Those games were not as close as the score in both games. We will see.
club31 - comets lost to the gunners in the tut tourney, just an fyi

incognito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 8/10/2009, 11:15 pm

Sokrmom72,
I don't want to get into this Texans vs. Comets debate but I couldn't help but notice that you said "it's in the Contracts" that no equal playing time is guaranteed or something to that effect. 1. More than one coach has made promises to parents that don't match "the contract". 2. There are a lot of "contracts" in the select soccer world that aren't worth the paper they are written on. They are one-sided concoctions by the team which the parent is supposed to sign on the spot, often not given out until it is too late to look anywhere else, often poorly written from a legal standpoint - basically just a piece of paper the team can wave at the parents if they stop paying. Those things never set out what the team is going to do in exchange for the money, they are all about what the team demands from the parents, what the team is going to do is something the parent is supposed to take on faith. They don't set out any training program, playing time promises, etc. etc., because the club doesn't want to have to commit to any real program that the parents can hold them to. It is all "parents, you must do X, Y and Z by dates certain, and in exchange we will "coach" your kid (please don't ask us to commit to any specifics, just trust us, we're a great organization.) So please don't appeal to "the contract" to justify any club actions or inactions. The "contracts" are a farce.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/11/2009, 8:02 am

Freeatlast wrote:Sokrmom72,
The "contracts" are a farce.

Welcome to club!

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by b0013 8/11/2009, 8:22 am

How ironic....first game on the Classic schedule...

8/29

1:00 PMCOMETS 99B BLUE (BADII)TEXAS GUNNERS 99B (MADDOX)Richland #10
b0013
b0013
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 8/11/2009, 8:27 am

b0013 wrote:How ironic....first game on the Classic schedule...

8/29

1:00 PMCOMETS 99B BLUE (BADII)TEXAS GUNNERS 99B (MADDOX)Richland #10

Ha! That's great! Guess the league saw this thread and decided to get the debate settled quick! Very Happy

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 8/11/2009, 9:08 am

Freeatlast wrote:Ha! That's great! Guess the league saw this thread and decided to get the debate settled quick! Very Happy
Yes, because the classic league exists for the most part to satisfy the empty lives of a gaggle of psychotic message-board dwellers. You must be correct. Couldn't be that the #8 seed matches up with the #13 seed in week 1.
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 8/11/2009, 9:18 am

Hopefully we can all give the Gunners/Comets a rest after that game. Move on, play ball!
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 8/11/2009, 11:00 am

rip wrote:
Freeatlast wrote:Ha! That's great! Guess the league saw this thread and decided to get the debate settled quick! Very Happy
Yes, because the classic league exists for the most part to satisfy the empty lives of a gaggle of psychotic message-board dwellers. You must be correct. Couldn't be that the #8 seed matches up with the #13 seed in week 1.

Well, it was just a joke. Very Happy

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 8/11/2009, 11:46 am

rip wrote:

That would be no fun if it was just the seed match up.
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4