Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Gunners vs Comets - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Gunners vs Comets

+20
arsenalfan
socmom3
sokrmom72
rip
99srule
cometsblue99dad
omega striker
plantit
Freeatlast
Ibystander
eredivisie
Speedy Gonzales
NorthTXWildcat
soccerrus2
abc123
CLUB31
Axxman
hookem
Eight-Ball
TonyRomo
24 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Gunners vs Comets - Page 2 Empty Re: Gunners vs Comets

Post by Speedy Gonzales 8/8/2009, 10:22 pm

plantit wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
plantit wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
eredivisie wrote:
Speedy Gonzales wrote:
NorthTXWildcat wrote:
CLUB31 wrote:That Comet team might be one of the best teams in D1. The Gunners should not be that upset.

I wouldn't go that far. Too early to tell Question
Certainly, based on results from the first round (the only round they had to play), they are one of the 10 best teams in D1. Results speak volumes.
Speedy, you are getting a little ahead of yourself. The Comets were the best of the 5 teams in their bracket. That is all that was this weekend. At the end of the spring, we will know if they are the among the 10 best teams in D1...
Agreed, but all I'm saying is that, at this snapshot in time, they are better than at least 38 other teams that tried out. They proved they could play well against what some considered a superior opponent. Some teams win with class and they are one of them. Good luck, Comets. And, no, I'm not a Comets parent.

They didn't play all 38 teams. Soooo?
No, but 30 teams still have to play tomorrow to earn the right to play Classic and 8 teams were sent packing to Plano or Arlington. In the meantime, the Comets get to take a well-deserved break You'll at least be intellectually honest enough to admit that the Comets are better than those 8 eliminated teams and most of those other 30, or does pounding the no. 8 seed really mean nothing. I'm not saying they will win D1, but they're certainly worthy to be there.
Agreed they did show well, but never been a fan of their style . they just got to play 2 teams gunners, velez that play the same style, and they were more successful at it.
Ok, I'll bite. What style is that?

Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 8/8/2009, 10:54 pm

wreckless, fly to the ball w/ no regard for injury.( doesn't matter now but when the players weigh 150+ it will ) , agressive , athletic, physical, . Again this is just my opinion. Print this post off and in a couple of years you will see how far that style has gotten them. When they play a team that can possess and spread the field they will get run all over the field. Ask yourself this and i'll answer the question.Do they succeed winning the other teams "bad 1st touch" and capitalizing. In 2 years the bad touches will be far and few between, The sloppy passes won't be as numourous,giving them less chances to counter with their agressiveness Their down and cross or shoot from long range will work about as good as a 1 legged man in a butt kickin contest.
Man up speedy who's the bb play for?
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/9/2009, 1:41 am

I have always thought the Comets blue team was a underated team well done! I didn't think the Gunners desereved the #8 ranking based off a couple of tournament showings? but they too are a very fast and physical team! they will qualify tomorrow without a doubt!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 8/9/2009, 7:45 am

plantit wrote:wreckless, fly to the ball w/ no regard for injury.( doesn't matter now but when the players weigh 150+ it will ) , agressive , athletic, physical, . Again this is just my opinion. Print this post off and in a couple of years you will see how far that style has gotten them. When they play a team that can possess and spread the field they will get run all over the field. Ask yourself this and i'll answer the question.Do they succeed winning the other teams "bad 1st touch" and capitalizing. In 2 years the bad touches will be far and few between, The sloppy passes won't be as numourous,giving them less chances to counter with their agressiveness Their down and cross or shoot from long range will work about as good as a 1 legged man in a butt kickin contest.
Man up speedy who's the bb play for?
The Gunners play that way for sure but I haven't seen what you describe from the Comets. Regardless, what's so wrong with taking advantage of a "bad 1st touch"? Isn't that what they are supposed to do? More importantly, just because that may be where they get most of their opportunities now (and I did say "may" because I don't agree), doesn't mean they can't also play good possession soccer (which is what I've seen from them) and continue to develop into a team that does well in D1. Every team out there has to have an element of physicality to their game or they will get run over in this league. I won't bite on the last part--doesn't make me less of a man--it's simply none of your business.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Gunners vs Comets - Page 2 Empty Good play from all Teams

Post by cometsblue99dad 8/9/2009, 6:33 pm

This is going to be a great group. The '99 boys have talent all over the league. I know the Texans believe they are the only good team out there.
But now maybe parents will understand that there is talent on many teams.
I feel sorry for the parents that signed up to play on Texan teams and they watched their kids sit on the bench all through the tournament.
To those parents, do not give up on your player.
Just make sure you find a good home next Fall.
Just because the Texans do not give players an opportunity to develop, does not mean that your child does not have potential.

The Comets also did well with One D1 and One D2 team.
cometsblue99dad
cometsblue99dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 8/9/2009, 6:41 pm

cometsblue99dad wrote:This is going to be a great group. The '99 boys have talent all over the league. I know the Texans believe they are the only good team out there.
I feel sorry for the parents that signed up to play on Texan teams and they watched their kids sit on the bench all through the tournament.
Just because the Texans do not give players an opportunity to develop, does not mean that your child does not have potential.

agreed! the comets are going to be a force to watch out for! congrats!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 8/9/2009, 7:17 pm

The real question is can the Comets who do have some real talent keep the group together. Eventually, all the talented kids end up with the Texans FcDallas,Andomena or Solar in the end. The Comets Blue Dad can be proud now but will it continue through u12-u16.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by 99srule 8/9/2009, 9:39 pm

cometsblue99dad wrote:This is going to be a great group. The '99 boys have talent all over the league. I know the Texans believe they are the only good team out there.

dude, you have serious issues with the Texans, sounds personal. I'm sure the other Comets parents and coaches will enjoy the target you just put on their backs.

99srule
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/9/2009, 9:58 pm

Zeph is your coach? Come back at the end of your full year and tell us which team you are going to next..

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/9/2009, 10:16 pm

Unfortunately for the Gunners and unless they can manage to end up in the top half of D1 by the end of the season, the team will break up. And from the looks of things, given it's a very early look, they will end up in the lower half of D1 at best come time for the second year. I know the parents don't want to hear nor accept this, but the odds are against you. And it sounds like there are some competitive parents on the sidelines which only adds to the chances of doom. Unfortunately, it's the way it works around here.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Eight-Ball 8/9/2009, 11:29 pm

99srule wrote:

dude, you have serious issues with the Texans, sounds personal. I'm sure the other Comets parents and coaches will enjoy the target you just put on their backs.
Have to agree with you there, Comets are now a date you circle on the calendar if your a Texan.

Eight-Ball
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Gunners vs Comets - Page 2 Empty Wake Up Texans- You are the only skilled group

Post by cometsblue99dad 8/10/2009, 8:30 am

Why would we leave a coach that makes our boys work hard, and grow, for a coach like the Texans ,that only cares about money. Are you saying that all the kids on the Texans will stay a Texan. You have must dream about your Texans every night. I can be sure that the Top players on the Comets which my son is one, will not be gong anywhere.

It is funny no one seems to know about the 90 Comets they had great success. Well Comets are back baby. FC Dallas and the Comets will show the Texans they are not the lone wolfs.
And for Solarrr not until Kevin Smith or one of the other old Sidekicks, coach the 99's will they continue to prosper.

An Andromeda where have they been in Pals gold they did not even break the top 10.

Sorry you guys can continue to bash the Comets organization, but we will prove you wrong as we have all through this process.
cometsblue99dad
cometsblue99dad
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/10/2009, 8:52 am

cometsblue99dad wrote:Why would we leave a coach that makes our boys work hard, and grow, for a coach like the Texans ,that only cares about money. Are you saying that all the kids on the Texans will stay a Texan. You have must dream about your Texans every night. I can be sure that the Top players on the Comets which my son is one, will not be gong anywhere.

It is funny no one seems to know about the 90 Comets they had great success. Well Comets are back baby. FC Dallas and the Comets will show the Texans they are not the lone wolfs.
And for Solarrr not until Kevin Smith or one of the other old Sidekicks, coach the 99's will they continue to prosper.

An Andromeda where have they been in Pals gold they did not even break the top 10.

Sorry you guys can continue to bash the Comets organization, but we will prove you wrong as we have all through this process.

It is obvious that you are a newbie to NTX Boys soccer and thats ok. Comets used to be a very good club back in the day...and sent several players to bigger and better places. No so much in the last 5 or so years. Its ok to be proud but don't let your exuberance cloud the reality.

As far as Zeph? Ask any of his old players what they thought of him when he was a Texan coach.

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 8/10/2009, 8:55 am

cometsblue99dad wrote:Why would we leave a coach that makes our boys work hard, and grow, for a coach like the Texans ,that only cares about money. Are you saying that all the kids on the Texans will stay a Texan. You have must dream about your Texans every night. I can be sure that the Top players on the Comets which my son is one, will not be gong anywhere.

You just have to ignore these "contrarians". They like to steal energy and bring others down to "elevate" themselves by throwing around generalizations, bashing other teams and people based solely on their "expertise". I group their behavior with those that choose to call others names on message boards. Petty actions by people who are apparently not very well-adjusted in life. I actually pity them, as well as their unfortunate families.

Now, cue witty retort along the lines of "just wait until your team breaks up" or "yeah, but they won't be any good at U14".
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Gunners vs Comets - Page 2 Empty comets/texans

Post by sokrmom72 8/10/2009, 9:31 am

You obviously have a problem with the Texans and I think its funny. What do you care what kid sits the bench? The entire team was told before qualifying that some kids would not get as much playing time as others. But if you paid any attention.......(instead of posting bitter comments) you would know that every player got playing time BOTH weekends. You should focus on your team, as they are a great little team. I am sure your players and parents will appreciate your mouthing off and the hate its going to generate towards your team. Can't wait to get the schedule so I can be there to pull up a chair when you play the TEXANS!

sokrmom72
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 8/10/2009, 9:56 am

My son does not play on the Comets or one of the big clubs. I am amazed the Comets generate so much disscusion. They must be a good team that can challenge the bigger clubs. After watching them play the Tut against the FCBlue and the Gunners this weekend(both d1 teanms) it was obvious they are much,much, better than those two. Those games were not as close as the score in both games. We will see.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrmom72 8/10/2009, 10:01 am

They are only generating discussion because of one of their "mouthy" parents.

sokrmom72
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 8/10/2009, 10:26 am

sokrmom72 wrote:They are only generating discussion because of one of their "mouthy" parents.

Glad to see that you're not mouthing off.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 8/10/2009, 10:36 am

Ibystander wrote:
sokrmom72 wrote:They are only generating discussion because of one of their "mouthy" parents.

Yeah, kind of the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by sokrmom72 8/10/2009, 10:46 am

Then I guess you better join us "pots and kettles" because I see that you enjoy posting comments too!Wink

sokrmom72
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Speedy Gonzales 8/10/2009, 10:59 am

sokrmom72 wrote:Then I guess you better join us "pots and kettles" because I see that you enjoy posting comments too!Wink
Fair enough but you'll be hard-pressed to find any where I have berated a coach, team, parents or club for doing well in this tournament which seems to be where this post has gone. In this thread, at least, most of my posts have been congratualations to to the Comets on a job well-done, with the exception of one comment that the Gunners play a physical, win at all costs style.
Speedy Gonzales
Speedy Gonzales
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 8/10/2009, 11:10 am

CLUB31 wrote:My son does not play on the Comets or one of the big clubs. I am amazed the Comets generate so much disscusion. They must be a good team that can challenge the bigger clubs. After watching them play the Tut against the FCBlue and the Gunners this weekend(both d1 teanms) it was obvious they are much,much, better than those two. Those games were not as close as the score in both games. We will see.
I agree. I am amazed the comets generate so much discussion. In my opinion, gunners win 7 games out of 10 against comets.
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 8/10/2009, 11:13 am

Ibystander wrote:

hey pot, check out kettle
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/10/2009, 11:29 am

hookem wrote:
CLUB31 wrote:My son does not play on the Comets or one of the big clubs. I am amazed the Comets generate so much disscusion. They must be a good team that can challenge the bigger clubs. After watching them play the Tut against the FCBlue and the Gunners this weekend(both d1 teanms) it was obvious they are much,much, better than those two. Those games were not as close as the score in both games. We will see.
I agree. I am amazed the comets generate so much discussion. In my opinion, gunners win 7 games out of 10 against comets.
You know what they say about opinions. Too bad they couldn't do it when it counted, and I doubt your 7 out of 10 is accurate.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hookem 8/10/2009, 11:52 am

Axxman wrote:
hookem wrote:
You know what they say about opinions. Too bad they couldn't do it when it counted, and I doubt your 7 out of 10 is accurate.

you know what is humorous Axx, after so many opinions I have seen of yours, I fail to see why you continue to give them. You can doubt all you like, that is your opinion after all. Opinions are like elbows.. *shrugs*
hookem
hookem
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 8/10/2009, 11:55 am

No, what is humerous is the FACT that the Comets kicked the Gunners arse this weekend when it counted. Results talk, and bullshit walks. You guys are lucky there are 20 teams in D1 this season or you'd be crying on the D2 sidelines.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next