Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

QT Discussion.. Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

QT Discussion..

+35
ojo
jlviera
anselansel
Wildcat44
keeperskeep
Tmack05
FGFF
cccaptain
The German
TxHunter
soccer1172
soccerkix
scrdad
FlatFooted
ntxdad
afrankw
yellow-card
stk1
Majortom
PG-Boy
cholo14
Rocketeer
pitchman
NoLo
SocPop11
Madcap
BTMason
dan-in-texas
socmom97
wolverine
Ochocinco
jstply
cds3
slampg
cts
39 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

QT Discussion.. Empty QT Discussion..

Post by cts 7/19/2011, 12:36 pm

I can't imagine this is final since the Puma Cup is yet to be played but here is a link to brackets for the CCSAI Qualifying tournament: http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=18972&Sex=Boys&Age=11

Looks like 48 teams. Thoughts?

Last edited by cts on 7/25/2011, 2:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

QT Discussion.. Empty Re: QT Discussion..

Post by slampg 7/19/2011, 12:41 pm

They have not done the real bracket work yet. You are jumping the gun just like I did.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cds3 7/19/2011, 12:47 pm

slampg wrote:They have not done the real bracket work yet. You are jumping the gun just like I did.
What do you mean? What's the timing?
cds3
cds3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 7/19/2011, 12:57 pm

cds3 wrote:
slampg wrote:They have not done the real bracket work yet. You are jumping the gun just like I did.
What do you mean? What's the timing?
There is no seeding...Notice that there is N/A next to team name. I'm guessing that seeding will take place after Puma Tourney is played and votes are submitted.

Last edited by jstply on 7/19/2011, 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cts 7/19/2011, 1:02 pm

That makes sense. I was just surprised to see the page populated at all.

If nothing else, this is the first list of the actual teams in the tournament.

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 7/19/2011, 1:14 pm

It's going to be interesting to see how the ranking pans out. My guess is that the final schedule will be posted next Thursday or Friday. QT is going to be hot like hell. Best of luck to all!
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochocinco 7/19/2011, 2:10 pm

That's unfortunate; bracket A would see a rematch of TFC Angell vs Liverpool Callaghan.... Very Happy .

Ochocinco
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 7/19/2011, 2:22 pm

Ochocinco wrote:

That's unfortunate; bracket A would see a rematch of TFC Angell vs Liverpool Callaghan.... Very Happy .

Nice.
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 7/19/2011, 4:23 pm

wolverine wrote:
Ochocinco wrote:

Nice.
Would be nicer if Texans Gall wasn't in that same fictitious bracket.
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by socmom97 7/19/2011, 6:26 pm

socmom97
socmom97
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dan-in-texas 7/20/2011, 5:18 pm

Last year FCD Premier won King Tut and got first seed. Even though there were teams that were better, they won the political vote. Puma will matter, but I bet #1 seed is locked up and I bet that FCD takes first seed again.
dan-in-texas
dan-in-texas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMason 7/24/2011, 4:19 pm

Did anyone happen to get a screenshotof all the teams? They are no longer listed.

BTMason
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 7/24/2011, 11:05 pm

dan-in-texas wrote:Last year FCD Premier won King Tut and got first seed. Even though there were teams that were better, they won the political vote. Puma will matter, but I bet #1 seed is locked up and I bet that FCD takes first seed again.

Solar Chelsea Red is right there with the FCD Premier team. Either team would be deserving of the #1 seed. I'm not sure that any other team could. It will definately be one of these two. IMHO
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SocPop11 7/25/2011, 12:10 am

Madcap wrote:
dan-in-texas wrote:Last year FCD Premier won King Tut and got first seed. Even though there were teams that were better, they won the political vote. Puma will matter, but I bet #1 seed is locked up and I bet that FCD takes first seed again.

Solar Chelsea Red is right there with the FCD Premier team. Either team would be deserving of the #1 seed. I'm not sure that any other team could. It will definately be one of these two. IMHO

Solar Chelsea Red should definitely get the number one seed. However, what has FCD Premier done to deserve to be up there. DT Gall & DT South should both be seeded higher than FCD Premier.

SocPop11
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 7/25/2011, 1:12 am

Top 5 seeds IMHO:

DT Gall
DT south
Solar red
FCD premier
FCD

Next 5 seeds

FWFC white
FCD waters
Solar
Titans (fka spsc)
TFC

Subject to change if I forgot legitimate teams. Not married to my picks.

wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cds3 7/25/2011, 1:39 am

I agree with socpop on FCDPremier..... On the other hand, why DT-Gall above DTS (or Solar Red)? And then again, I might not know something about them that makes some of you place them on the Top-Spot.... I do like your list WOLF, other than the DTS/DT-Gall issue.

Good luck to everybody first on the "seeding" and then in the QT!!
cds3
cds3
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 7/25/2011, 7:47 am

If you look at the tournaments that have been played over the past month or two, the rankings will end up looking a little different. What has FCD Bazan done? Nothing. Top 5... I doubt it. Hiding isn't the best strategy to evaluate these teams.

Premier has won two tournaments recently. They belong in top team discussions along with DTS, Solar Red, and DT Gall (although they haven't shown much lately either - at least they have an excuse traveling to play in Europe).

Also, show me what Solar Blue and TFC have done lately to merit a top 10 finish? Nothing.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by dan-in-texas 7/25/2011, 9:20 am

Bazan played in a Futsal tournament a couple weeks ago. They are very very impressive. They played against some 2000's. There skill is insane. If I were that team, I would not be too concerned about their seed placement. They will do just fine.
dan-in-texas
dan-in-texas
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Madcap 7/25/2011, 10:17 am

Bazan's group has some mad skills no doubt. But I liken them to the Miami Heat. Great talent but can they play as a team. Everyone has their achilles heel, this maybe theirs.

Everyone will more than likely agree on the top 10 regardless of order.....but who are the 11-20 sleepers that have the potential to be a giant killer in week one??

Or should the question be "who in the 11-30 range will round out the top 20?"
Madcap
Madcap
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 7/25/2011, 10:36 am

Madcap wrote:Bazan's group has some mad skills no doubt. But I liken them to the Miami Heat. Great talent but can they play as a team. Everyone has their achilles heel, this maybe theirs.

Everyone will more than likely agree on the top 10 regardless of order.....but who are the 11-20 sleepers that have the potential to be a giant killer in week one??

Or should the question be "who in the 11-30 range will round out the top 20?"

Bazan had mixed results in SDL and hasn't come out of hiding since. Definitely a top 10 team, but I wouldn't be in a rush to anoint them top 5 without proving anything in months.

Fighting for 11 - 20 (in the order I think, in my humble opinion, they'll be ranked). It wouldn't be surprising if one of these guys makes it in the QT first weekend.

Manchester United Red Devils 01B (Davila)
Sporting United SC 01B (Vega)
Dallas Texans SC 01B Red (Craft)
TFC 01B (Angell) (I rank these guys a little lower than wolverine - very good, but not quite top 10)
Andromeda FC 01B (Videla)
FC Dallas Youth 01B Blue (Che)
Liverpool FC America 01B Keegan (Marshall)
Liverpool FC America 01B Callaghan (Ravetijn)
Dallas Texans SC 01B North (Wolf)
Liverpool FC America 01B Chambers (Pedroso)
FC Dallas Youth 01B Red (Gomez)
NTX Strikers Blue 01B (Contreras)
Wizards FC 01B (Gonzalez)
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 7/25/2011, 10:37 am

slampg wrote:If you look at the tournaments that have been played over the past month or two, the rankings will end up looking a little different. What has FCD Bazan done? Nothing. Top 5... I doubt it. Hiding isn't the best strategy to evaluate these teams.

Premier has won two tournaments recently. They belong in top team discussions along with DTS, Solar Red, and DT Gall (although they haven't shown much lately either - at least they have an excuse traveling to play in Europe).

Also, show me what Solar Blue and TFC have done lately to merit a top 10 finish? Nothing.

You have a legitimate question and could ask that about a few of the "next 5 seeds" including FCD Waters and Titans. I'm placing more weight on recent performance especially after July 1st. Solar Chelsea performed well at Puma. TFC and FCD Waters performed well at King Tut. Titans showed well at Puma.

I have FWFC White in my next 5 but they can made a strong argument for top 5.

Like I said, I'm not married to my 10. Give us your top 5 and next 5. Maybe I missed a few teams I should be considering.
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 7/25/2011, 10:43 am

wolverine wrote:
slampg wrote:If you look at the tournaments that have been played over the past month or two, the rankings will end up looking a little different. What has FCD Bazan done? Nothing. Top 5... I doubt it. Hiding isn't the best strategy to evaluate these teams.

You have a legitimate question and could ask that about a few of the "next 5 seeds" including FCD Waters and Titans. I'm placing more weight on recent performance especially after July 1st. Solar Chelsea performed well at Puma. TFC and FCD Waters performed well at King Tut. Titans showed well at Puma.

Like I said, I'm not married to my 10. Give us your top 5 and next 5. Maybe I missed a few teams I should be considering.

I don't see you've missed any in your top 10 (number 10 -TFC- maybe fighting over the last spot with a few of the 11-20 teams I listed and FWFC is where they should be for now). There are a bunch of strong enough teams to have an upset or two on the first week of qualifying.

Re Titans, they won a tourney a month or so back (can't recall which) and showed well last weekend. FCD Waters won the CAL tournament and lost to Premier in the playoffs in the latest two they played in. Decent showing for both teams.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 7/25/2011, 11:25 am

slampg wrote:
wolverine wrote:

I don't see you've missed any in your top 10 (number 10 -TFC- maybe fighting over the last spot with a few of the 11-20 teams I listed and FWFC is where they should be for now). There are a bunch of strong enough teams to have an upset or two on the first week of qualifying.

Re Titans, they won a tourney a month or so back (can't recall which) and showed well last weekend. FCD Waters won the CAL tournament and lost to Premier in the playoffs in the latest two they played in. Decent showing for both teams.

Agreed. I'll go one step further and say a few of my "next 5" teams could be fighting with some of the 11-20 teams you mentioned. My point, however, is that if I'm a member of the ranking committee how can I rank a team that hasn't displayed their "select" roster in July? The only teams I'd grandfather in are the top teams we all know are still intact like FCD and DT-Gall. We all know they will compete strongly.

Can't say that for Manchester United Red Devils, a strong team in the spring but not sure who they kept from that roster.

I don't know much about Sporting United SC 01B, Dallas Texans SC 01B Red, or Andromeda FC 01B.

FC Dallas Youth 01B Blue and Liverpool Callaghan are strong teams and played well in King Tut

Not sure how good the following teams are right now but I would consider them in my top 20.

Dallas Texans SC 01B North,
Liverpool FC America 01B Keegan
Liverpool FC America 01B Chambers
FC Dallas Youth 01B Red
NTX Strikers Blue 01B
Wizards FC 01B
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by NoLo 7/25/2011, 11:58 am

What is your strategy to evaluate teams? Please don't tell me results at this age. Please Please don't. Take some time on this please. Your integrity AND your knowledge of anything to do with youth soccer is riding on your answer. Like one person told me before. I will quote you. "You have no idea what you are talking about".

Provide your credentials. Or are you just another know-it-all, wanna-be parent living his (or her) life through his kid. Good luck to you! This is also a qoute from you. Like I said before take your time to answer. Good luck to you.

NoLo
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 7/25/2011, 12:37 pm

NoLo wrote:

What is your strategy to evaluate teams? Please don't tell me results at this age. Please Please don't. Take some time on this please. Your integrity AND your knowledge of anything to do with youth soccer is riding on your answer. Like one person told me before. I will quote you. "You have no idea what you are talking about".

Provide your credentials. Or are you just another know-it-all, wanna-be parent living his (or her) life through his kid. Good luck to you! This is also a qoute from you. Like I said before take your time to answer. Good luck to you.

Nolo, don't be to hard on Slampg, none of us are experts and your right, 10 year olds are inconsistant. We're here to talk soccer, speculate, opine, and gather information about 01 boys soccer in north Texas.

I totally agree that we can't rank U7 and U8 soccer simply because teams are constantly changing and the boys still growing fast. U9 soccer we at least start to see teams forming for select with some sparadic consistency (does that make sense?).

But, as the boys get ready for one of the biggest tournaments of their young select careers, this is the time to talk seeding and ranking. We may not agree but we can at least have fun doing so, right?
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next