Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

QT Round 2 Discussion... Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

QT Round 2 Discussion...

+38
Green Cobra66
Chappie81
my2cents
soccerrus2
mmlittleton
Rightback
stk1
afrankw
wolverine
eastx
jstply
t5house
socmom97
ntxdad
DadofDefense
rustynail11
hunden97
getafe01
caltex1974
newparent
luvmyscrkids
slampg
jkspinks
Ochocinco
Wildcat44
jack0fspeed
indyfc
PG-Boy
Rocketeer
rdg
Durty-Tackle
yellow-card
scrdad
anselansel
FGFF
Ibra
BTMason
cts
42 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

QT Round 2 Discussion... Empty QT Round 2 Discussion...

Post by cts 8/7/2011, 8:05 pm

When do the schedules come out?

Here is my take on who should be the #1 seeds in order for next weekend:
1. FORT WORTH FC 01B WHITE (GUENDOUZI) – played well, should be overall #1 for round 2
2. FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B CENTRAL (WATERS) – quiet weekend, but still probably solid pick for D1.
3. NTX STRIKERS BLUE 01B (CONTRERAS) – strong independent team. Had solid round 1 with tie against FCD Premier and 7-2, 3-0 victories justifies an upgrade for 2nd round
4. TFC 01B (ANGELL) – was probably overseeded by 4-5 spots for round 1 and may drop a few spots as a result of the round 1 performance
5. FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B BLUE (CHE) – good team that performed well in round 1 probably moves up a few spots for round 2 seeding
6. WIZARDS FC 01B (GONZALEZ) - went scoreless in 2 games, but played Man U close.
7. DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B RED DALLAS (CRAFT) - solid Texans team that deserves a 1 seed in round 2.

Last edited by cts on 8/7/2011, 8:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added content to #6 and 7)

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

QT Round 2 Discussion... Empty Re: QT Round 2 Discussion...

Post by BTMason 8/7/2011, 9:38 pm

cts wrote:When do the schedules come out?

1. FORT WORTH FC 01B WHITE (GUENDOUZI) – played well, should be overall #1 for round 2
2. FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B CENTRAL (WATERS) – quiet weekend, but still probably solid pick for D1.
3. NTX STRIKERS BLUE 01B (CONTRERAS) – strong independent team. Had solid round 1 with tie against FCD Premier and 7-2, 3-0 victories justifies an upgrade for 2nd round
4. TFC 01B (ANGELL) – was probably overseeded by 4-5 spots for round 1 and may drop a few spots as a result of the round 1 performance
5. FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B BLUE (CHE) – good team that performed well in round 1 probably moves up a few spots for round 2 seeding
6. WIZARDS FC 01B (GONZALEZ) - went scoreless in 2 games, but played Man U close.
7. DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B RED DALLAS (CRAFT) - solid Texans team that deserves a 1 seed in round 2.

Based off perfomance in this weekends tournament/points I see the seeding as follows:

1. FORT WORTH FC 01B WHITE (GUENDOUZI) (TXN)
2. NTX STRIKERS BLUE 01B (CONTRERAS) (TXN)
3. LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 01B CHAMBERS (PEDROSO) (TXN)
4. ANORANZAS FC 01B (MARTINEZ) (TXN)
5. DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B RED DALLAS (CRAFT) (TXN)
6. FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B BLUE (CHE) (TXN)
7. DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B NORTH (WOLF) (TXN)

I just dont see TFC Angell deserving anything in even the top 14 after this weekend. Finishing with 9 points in a group many predicted them to win, or easily take seconnd, is just not strong enough to rank anything that high in my opinion. The same is true for the Wizards. Teams have come and played and should be seeded accordingly. So, good luck to all who played... Compassion to all who are done so soon, and Huge Congrats to those who are in D1 already. Everyone else... well... thats why they play the games. Good luck next weekend to everyone playing.

BTMason
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cts 8/7/2011, 9:53 pm

I would tend to agree with you - This weekend's games ought to carry a signifigant amount of weight for round 2 seeding. However, Classic made it clear that there would not be a dramatic shift in seeding from round 1 to round 2. I don't expect anything more than "small adjustments" based on this weekend's play.

I also agree several teams were not seeded as they should have been in round 1. I mentioned last week that Solar Partain, TFC Angell, and FCD Gomez all seemed seeded too high. Bracket "I" (TFC Angell)probably had the weakest 1-2 seed combo in the tournament and, despite being far-fetched, the cynic in me wonders how much the rediculous rivalry that developed here between TFC and Liverpool influenced that pairing at the expense of more deserving teams.

Last edited by cts on 8/7/2011, 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 8/7/2011, 10:12 pm

BTMason wrote:

Based off perfomance in this weekends tournament/points I see the seeding as follows:

I just dont see TFC Angell deserving anything in even the top 14 after this weekend. Finishing with 9 points in a group many predicted them to win, or easily take seconnd, is just not strong enough to rank anything that high in my opinion. The same is true for the Wizards. Teams have come and played and should be seeded accordingly. So, good luck to all who played... Compassion to all who are done so soon, and Huge Congrats to those who are in D1 already. Everyone else... well... thats why they play the games. Good luck next weekend to everyone playing.
I take it that you were at all 6 TFC and Wizards games that were played over the weekend. I would love to hear about each game and exactly what you saw in each of those games that made you confidant enough to call out TFC Angell and Wizards on their ability/seed/Ranking. Please post a game by game over-view so that all of use who live by the blog can see through your eyes as to why any of these teams are not deserving. I appreciate anything you may offer to vailidate your position.
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by FGFF 8/7/2011, 10:25 pm

Anyone know when the schedules might be coming out? I should have asked before I left but it was hot and I had the wife and kids wanting lunch.

FGFF
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by BTMason 8/7/2011, 10:44 pm

Ibra wrote:
BTMason wrote:

I take it that you were at all 6 TFC and Wizards games that were played over the weekend. I would love to hear about each game and exactly what you saw in each of those games that made you confidant enough to call out TFC Angell and Wizards on their ability/seed/Ranking. Please post a game by game over-view so that all of use who live by the blog can see through your eyes as to why any of these teams are not deserving. I appreciate anything you may offer to vailidate your position.

Ibra, why would I attempt to validate an opinion further than I already have. In case your still not aware, stating your opinion is basically the object of a discussion board.

However, it is easy to see that you find it as a forum to often attempt to bully and seek justifcation from what people say. Basically above you have said nothing, but still agressively attempted to get me to defensively defend my position.

Again, I will help you out a touch. If your opinion is different than anothers... Please enlighten the readers. However if what your really seeking is just arguement or debate then we need to move beyond the play games of 10 year olds and sink our teeth into something where absolute knowledge can be found.

Otherwise you would find it wise to look for someone else for your attempts at "internet bullying" I am not a good target.

BTMason
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by anselansel 8/8/2011, 4:58 am

Bracket "I" (TFC Angell)probably had the weakest 1-2 seed combo in the tournament and, despite being far-fetched, the cynic in me wonders how much the rediculous rivalry that developed here between TFC and Liverpool influenced that pairing at the expense of more deserving teams.

deserving? liverpool was in 8th place on overall points out of 13. hardly weak or undeserving. 0 goals allowed. the only thing ridiculous is your post.
anselansel
anselansel
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by scrdad 8/8/2011, 8:02 am

anselansel wrote:Bracket "I" (TFC Angell)probably had the weakest 1-2 seed combo in the tournament and, despite being far-fetched, the cynic in me wonders how much the rediculous rivalry that developed here between TFC and Liverpool influenced that pairing at the expense of more deserving teams.

deserving? liverpool was in 8th place on overall points out of 13. hardly weak or undeserving. 0 goals allowed. the only thing ridiculous is your post.

Well, they only finished in 8th place overall due to the weak group they were in! Smile
The simple fact is that 13 teams qualified for D1 over the weekend and all 13 very much deserved to do so. There were some teams that didn't qualify that probably deseved to do so but were in a tough bracket, but that's what weekend #2 is for. Congratulations to all the teams that don't have to be at Thunderducks fields on Saturday!

scrdad
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cts 8/8/2011, 8:17 am

anselansel wrote:liverpool was in 8th place on overall points out of 13. hardly weak or undeserving. 0 goals allowed.

Your right, Liverpool played very well against the other 3 teams in the bracket and deserved to be the team from that bracket that advanced.

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by yellow-card 8/8/2011, 8:37 am

FGFF wrote:Anyone know when the schedules might be coming out? I should have asked before I left but it was hot and I had the wife and kids wanting lunch.

Schedules should be posted later today (Monday)
yellow-card
yellow-card
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Durty-Tackle 8/8/2011, 9:09 am

BTMason wrote:
Ibra wrote:
BTMason wrote:

Ibra, why would I attempt to validate an opinion further than I already have. In case your still not aware, stating your opinion is basically the object of a discussion board.

However, it is easy to see that you find it as a forum to often attempt to bully and seek justifcation from what people say. Basically above you have said nothing, but still agressively attempted to get me to defensively defend my position.

Again, I will help you out a touch. If your opinion is different than anothers... Please enlighten the readers. However if what your really seeking is just arguement or debate then we need to move beyond the play games of 10 year olds and sink our teeth into something where absolute knowledge can be found.

Otherwise you would find it wise to look for someone else for your attempts at "internet bullying" I am not a good target.

I think this post was back traced.

QT Round 2 Discussion... Conseq10
Durty-Tackle
Durty-Tackle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 8/8/2011, 9:58 am

BTMason wrote:
Ibra wrote:
BTMason wrote:

Internet bullying? Hmmmm...attempting to have you qualify your opinion is IB? You call out 2 teams of 10 year old soccer players and I am the bully? Yes, the basis of this board existing is to communicate/dissiminate information and discussion about soccer at all levels. I guess I am just amazed at your ability to judge whether any team is worthy of being in CL...
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 8/8/2011, 10:03 am

Ibra wrote:
BTMason wrote:
Ibra wrote:
BTMason wrote:

Internet bullying? Hmmmm...attempting to have you qualify your opinion is IB? You call out 2 teams of 10 year old soccer players and I am the bully? Yes, the basis of this board existing is to communicate/dissiminate information and discussion about soccer at all levels. I guess I am just amazed at your ability to judge whether any team is worthy of being in CL...

Especially being a coach from another team in the tourn.

rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Durty-Tackle 8/8/2011, 10:09 am

Last year there were 10 brackets. The 11th seed got to be 1st seed going into second round. This was regardless of points.

Not sure if they will do it the same as last year. They may just take the remaining seeds and put them back in in order of their current seed rank.
Durty-Tackle
Durty-Tackle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 8/8/2011, 10:17 am

rdg wrote:
Ibra wrote:
BTMason wrote:
Ibra wrote:
BTMason wrote:

Especially being a coach from another team in the tourn.

For the record I am no fan of Mason and his coaching style.
However I see nothing wrong in what he wrote, TFC Angell had a poor showing this tournament and it happens, and assuming the Wizards (that I know nothing about) had a poor showing as well.

I know the TFC Angell is a good team, did they lose any key players before this tournament , someone answer this ...

To the Wizards and TFC Angell fans/parents...

Hey you have my support, you guys have a second chance this weekend, use it and focus on the games at hand, get into classic and then lets all have fun playing each other.

A couple of teams that won their divisions played good soccer and the ball bounced their way, that is the way soccer goes.

Plus I will leave with this, obviously with the re-seeding and groups coming out today, TFC angell might be in the same group as Mason's team, or maybe the Wizards will be in the same group of Mason's team.

To Mason

You have a good team, you have fast forwards and a good defense. I just do not think you know how to coach kids, but I wish you well because I like your team a lot.

Having said all that, I am no fan of Select Soccer.

Last edited by Rocketeer on 8/8/2011, 10:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 8/8/2011, 10:29 am

Regarding the TFC TOPIC: I didn’t understand it as him stating the team didn’t deserve to be in CL. I understood it to mean that he thought they didn’t warrant a top 14 spot based on the results.

On another note:
NT Strikers will be a strong contender in the second round.

They have fast forwards and one big kid with amazing touch with the ball. The kid isn't fast, but he can possess the ball, turn with intent, then launch accurate long distance shots. Ignore him at your team's peril. He's very nimble for his size.
Avoid fouls within 30-35 yards from your goal. Otherwise you’ll be gifting their cannon a PERFECT set piece.

He also sends long accurate passes from long distance from the midfield over the opposing defenders. Better get your boys to train wind sprints if you’re matched-up with this team.
Their defense is TENACIOUS. They are a solid team.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 8/8/2011, 10:58 am

BTMason wrote:

I have to also question what you're basing your opinion of these teams on. Did you simply look at the scores and decide that they weren't deserving or not strong enough to be seeded any higher? Did you watch any of their games? If so, what did you see wrong with the teams? I am not saying you are wrong, but please enlighten us as to what you saw from these two teams that helped you form your opinion.

BTW, while you're at it, why don't you also tell us where you think your team desrves to be seeded and how strong they are in comparison to teams you referrenced above?

Just took a look at the results from Round 1, and if CL does the seeding based on the original seeds in Round 1, the overall seeds should look something like this:

1) FORT WORTH FC 01B WHITE (GUENDOUZI)
2) TFC 01B (ANGELL)
3) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B CENTRAL (WATERS)
4) WIZARDS FC 01B (GONZALEZ)
5) DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B RED DALLAS (CRAFT)
6) NTX STRIKERS BLUE 01B (CONTRERAS)
7) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B BLUE (CHE)
8.) ANORANZAS FC 01B (MARTINEZ)
9) BARCELONA SC 01B (QUINTANA)
10) AMERICAN EAGLES 01B WHITE (MEDINA)
11) INTERNATIONAL FC ROYAL 01B (BERTELSEN)
12) TFC 01B BLUE PELAEZ)
13) OLYMPIANS 01B (DASILVA)
14) AYSES 01B GOLD (THOMAS)
15) LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 01B CHAMBERS (PEDROSO)
16) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B GOLD (FIGUEROA)
17) BOCA JUNIORS F.C. 01B GOLD (MARTINEZ)
18) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B SOUTH RED (VEDRAL)
19) DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B NORTH (WOLF)
20) FORT WORTH FC 01B RED (WILLIAMS)
21) DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B WHITE (SADJADY)
22) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B WEST (KANG)
23) AC LONGVIEW 01B (HASKINS)
24) CHIVAS USA 01B (MANCILLA)
25) DALLAS COSMOS 01B BLACK
26) AYSES 01B BLACK (MEDINA)
27) MANSFIELD SAMBA FUTBOL 01B GOLD (MASON)
28) TEXAS PREMIER FUTBOL NAPOLI 01B (ALEJANDRO)

Brackets should look something like this:

A)
2) AYSES 01B GOLD (THOMAS)
3) LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 01B CHAMBERS (PEDROSO)
4) TEXAS PREMIER FUTBOL NAPOLI 01B (ALEJANDRO)

B)
1) TFC 01B (ANGELL)
2) OLYMPIANS 01B (DASILVA)
3) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B GOLD (FIGUEROA)
4) MANSFIELD SAMBA FUTBOL 01B GOLD (MASON)

C)
1) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B CENTRAL (WATERS)
2) TFC 01B BLUE PELAEZ)
3) BOCA JUNIORS F.C. 01B GOLD (MARTINEZ)
4) AYSES 01B BLACK (MEDINA)

D)
1) WIZARDS FC 01B (GONZALEZ)
2) INTERNATIONAL FC ROYAL 01B (BERTELSEN)
3) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B SOUTH RED (VEDRAL)
4) DALLAS COSMOS 01B BLACK

E)
1) DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B RED DALLAS (CRAFT)
2) AMERICAN EAGLES 01B WHITE (MEDINA)
3) DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B NORTH (WOLF)
4) CHIVAS USA 01B (MANCILLA)

F)
1) NTX STRIKERS BLUE 01B (CONTRERAS)
2) BARCELONA SC 01B (QUINTANA)
3) FORT WORTH FC 01B RED (WILLIAMS)
4) AC LONGVIEW 01B (HASKINS)

G)
1) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B BLUE (CHE)
2) ANORANZAS FC 01B (MARTINEZ)
3) DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B WHITE (SADJADY)
4) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B WEST (KANG)

Looks like coach BTMason will have a chance to show everyone that TFC Angell is not "deserving".

Man I hope it turns out this way!

Last edited by indyfc on 8/8/2011, 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Seeding possibility for Round 2)
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 8/8/2011, 2:19 pm

indyfc wrote:
BTMason wrote:

I have to also question what you're basing your opinion of these teams on. Did you simply look at the scores and decide that they weren't deserving or not strong enough to be seeded any higher? Did you watch any of their games? If so, what did you see wrong with the teams? I am not saying you are wrong, but please enlighten us as to what you saw from these two teams that helped you form your opinion.

BTW, while you're at it, why don't you also tell us where you think your team desrves to be seeded and how strong they are in comparison to teams you referrenced above?

Just took a look at the results from Round 1, and if CL does the seeding based on the original seeds in Round 1, the overall seeds should look something like this:

2) TFC 01B (ANGELL)
12) TFC 01B BLUE PELAEZ)

Brackets should look something like this:

A)
2) AYSES 01B GOLD (THOMAS)
3) LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA 01B CHAMBERS (PEDROSO)
4) TEXAS PREMIER FUTBOL NAPOLI 01B (ALEJANDRO)

B)
1) TFC 01B (ANGELL)
2) OLYMPIANS 01B (DASILVA)
3) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B GOLD (FIGUEROA)
4) MANSFIELD SAMBA FUTBOL 01B GOLD (MASON)

C)
1) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B CENTRAL (WATERS)
2) TFC 01B BLUE PELAEZ)
3) BOCA JUNIORS F.C. 01B GOLD (MARTINEZ)
4) AYSES 01B BLACK (MEDINA)

D)
1) WIZARDS FC 01B (GONZALEZ)
2) INTERNATIONAL FC ROYAL 01B (BERTELSEN)
3) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B SOUTH RED (VEDRAL)
4) DALLAS COSMOS 01B BLACK

E)
1) DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B RED DALLAS (CRAFT)
2) AMERICAN EAGLES 01B WHITE (MEDINA)
3) DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B NORTH (WOLF)
4) CHIVAS USA 01B (MANCILLA)

F)
1) NTX STRIKERS BLUE 01B (CONTRERAS)
2) BARCELONA SC 01B (QUINTANA)
3) FORT WORTH FC 01B RED (WILLIAMS)
4) AC LONGVIEW 01B (HASKINS)

G)
1) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B BLUE (CHE)
2) ANORANZAS FC 01B (MARTINEZ)
3) DALLAS TEXANS SC 01B WHITE (SADJADY)
4) FC DALLAS YOUTH 01B WEST (KANG)

Looks like coach BTMason will have a chance to show everyone that TFC Angell is not "deserving".

We will find out, FYI, Samba is a good team, with really good soccer players. This is truly where the 10 yr old's are good, technically skilled but the COACH HAS NOT INJECTED CONFIDENCE TO HIS PLAYERS.

I hope Mr Mason reads this, and does his kid's right. Wonderful team with wonderful parents, so Coach, can you coach and make everyone proud. Please.

That team will probably win Arlington Premier League and all the accolades that goes with that..

Arlington/Burleson/Mansfield are truly a hot bed for soccer players.

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cts 8/8/2011, 3:27 pm

indyfc wrote:

2) TFC 01B (ANGELL)
12) TFC 01B BLUE PELAEZ)

Not sure, but I think this is incorrect. Ayses Gold probably does not come back for round 2 as they scored 0 points in round 1. That could change the bracket pairing you had - not to mention that classic did say they would make "slight adjustments" to the rankings based on round 1 performance.

Hopefully we will know for sure in a couple of hours.

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jack0fspeed 8/8/2011, 3:31 pm

I also don't see TFC Pelaez ranked higher than Olympians given that they lost head on head and had a worse loss to Solar Red.

jack0fspeed
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cts 8/8/2011, 4:13 pm

Brackets and schedule is up: http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=19827&Sex=Boys&Age=11

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat44 8/8/2011, 4:22 pm

cts wrote:
indyfc wrote:

2) TFC 01B (ANGELL)
12) TFC 01B BLUE PELAEZ)

Not sure, but I think this is incorrect. Ayses Gold probably does not come back for round 2 as they scored 0 points in round 1. That could change the bracket pairing you had - not to mention that classic did say they would make "slight adjustments" to the rankings based on round 1 performance.

Hopefully we will know for sure in a couple of hours.

How does Boca Juniors get it with only 4 points and two other teams finished above them with 5 points?

Wildcat44
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jack0fspeed 8/8/2011, 4:24 pm

cts wrote:Brackets and schedule is up: http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=19827&Sex=Boys&Age=11

Unreal.

Olympians start as a 27 seed. Lose to the #1 seed in the QT. Then win vs the 26 seed. And we get a #4 seed in round 2?

That's not right.

jack0fspeed
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 8/8/2011, 4:30 pm

Give Mason some credit,

TFC Angell is a number 3 seed in their group so roughly a number 16 seed, am I correct on this...

Wizards ended up being a number 2 seed in their group or a number 13 seed overall.

By the way that Bracket B is tough.

Last edited by Rocketeer on 8/8/2011, 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by indyfc 8/8/2011, 4:30 pm

cts wrote:Brackets and schedule is up: http://events.gotsport.com/events/results.aspx?EventID=19827&Sex=Boys&Age=11

WOW! I was way off! They didn't use the original seeding to come up with the 2nd round seedings. Based on the grids this is how they seeded them:

1) Anoranzas
2) NTX Strikers
3) FWFC White
4) FCD Blue
5) DT Red
6) DT North
7) Barcelona
8.) FCD Central
9) Wizards
10) Liverpool Chambers
11) Chivas USA
12) FCD Gold
13) FCD South Red
14) Mansfield Samba Gold
15) International FC Royal
16) TFC Angell
17) FCD West
18) AC Longview
19) Dallas Cosmos
20) Ayses Black
21) American Eagles White
22) DT White
23) Olympians
24) Boca Jrs Gold
25) TFC Blue
26) Ayses Gold
27) FWFC Red
28.) Texas Premier

Looks like they did go off of Round 1 performance... Good luck to all!
indyfc
indyfc
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next