Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

QT Round 2 Discussion... - Page 5 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

QT Round 2 Discussion...

+38
Green Cobra66
Chappie81
my2cents
soccerrus2
mmlittleton
Rightback
stk1
afrankw
wolverine
eastx
jstply
t5house
socmom97
ntxdad
DadofDefense
rustynail11
hunden97
getafe01
caltex1974
newparent
luvmyscrkids
slampg
jkspinks
Ochocinco
Wildcat44
jack0fspeed
indyfc
PG-Boy
Rocketeer
rdg
Durty-Tackle
yellow-card
scrdad
anselansel
FGFF
Ibra
BTMason
cts
42 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

QT Round 2 Discussion... - Page 5 Empty Re: QT Round 2 Discussion...

Post by Rightback 8/10/2011, 11:44 am

Ochocinco wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:
jstply wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:
jstply wrote:There were a few surprises in round 1. There will probably be more surprises in round 2. I see quite a few teams that are capable of beating each other on any given day. These are 10 year olds. They are going to have bad days. There will be some very good teams that will end up in D2, or worse yet, not qualifing due to bad luck. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for the best for my bb's team.

On a darker note, I saw a really pathetic scene last week. Some guy was drilling his kid for underperforming on the field after a game in the parking lot. What an idiot! That was just crazy. Let's not make this more stressful for our kids then it already is. For God sake, they are running around in 108 degree weather. I, for one, will accept the end result and focus on my son having a fun season, whatever division or league that his team may end up. It is great to win, but IMO, I would rather that my son develop into a skilled football player and a good person. Isn't that what we should be concentrating on at this point in time?

As for TFC Angell, hopefully, they will get a chance to face Liverpool again in the regular season. Not sure what happened to TFC last weekend...I hope the best for them this week!

I disagree with you, let me assume that the dad is paying $2000 - $3000 for Select Soccer and his son laid an egg in the game because of whatever reason (heat, just a bad day).
The dad as a parent has a right to emphasis to his kid that he needs to play to his potential, Classic League is what we were working towards as a goal and these opportunities only come around once in 10 yr old kids life because then he is 11 and then 12 and on.....

Let us assume the kid then played to his potential and the team is now in Classic Div 1. I would say that is a job well done.

Rather than going, Great Job Moses, awesome job Moses, way to open that bottle of water Moses....you played great in the heat Moses, oh we are now eliminated Moses, we had fun did we not son.

I am not big on soccer, but these are also life lessons that a parent needs to impart to his children.

Ripping into a child done constructively is not dark.

Who are we to judge what positive impact the parent had on his kid, when dad for the sake of argument had a "come to Jesus moment with his son". This is not an ordinary tournament, this is getting into Classic Div 1.

I for one think its justified as long as the dad keeps it in soccer context, and they the son and dad have a good relationship. As far as what the public thinks, who gives a S**T.

This was not constructive critism...This A-hole was telling his son that he did a s**tty job out there and he was the reason why the team lost the game and has to play round 2. I have no problems with constructive critism...Hopefully, this is not the kind of conversation you have with your son after a bad game.

I am not sure, I was not there to observe the conversation, so I cannot answer the question of "do I have that kind of conversation with my son". Also my team made it to Classic Div 1. However I did have a talk with my son on how important giving it all he had for this tournament, and he is bouncing off the walls at home, saying "We are in Classic Div I" "We are in Classic Div I". Never seen the boy so happy and excited.

Did the scene you wrote about take place on Saturday or Sunday, just curious.I do not know, I am still not willing to call a parent who pay's for select and invest time on his kid an A%%%le because he was angry (strong word) at his son. There are far worse deadbeat dads out there.

...not sure if the same but saw something similar around 12 on Sat. as father and son were heading to the parking lot....without mentioning the team name, player was wearing an all white uniform. If that helps anybody.

I am the first one to be tough on my kid for 'not leaving it all on the field' but a few years ago my son said he did not want to play Futsal anymore...when i asked him why it was because we had handily beaten a team from another part of town we did not know...and he witnessed a dad from that team screaming and berating a 8 or 9 year old boy for letting himself be beaten by a bunch of 'white kids'. He said he did not want to be the cause of a kid being abused by his parents and all things being equal he would rather do something else. I was moved by my kids empathy but it made me even more cautious about criticizing a kid on game day. What we do says much more about us than what we say.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 8/10/2011, 12:06 pm

Rightback wrote:
Ochocinco wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:
jstply wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:
jstply wrote:There were a few surprises in round 1. There will probably be more surprises in round 2. I see quite a few teams that are capable of beating each other on any given day. These are 10 year olds. They are going to have bad days. There will be some very good teams that will end up in D2, or worse yet, not qualifing due to bad luck. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for the best for my bb's team.

On a darker note, I saw a really pathetic scene last week. Some guy was drilling his kid for underperforming on the field after a game in the parking lot. What an idiot! That was just crazy. Let's not make this more stressful for our kids then it already is. For God sake, they are running around in 108 degree weather. I, for one, will accept the end result and focus on my son having a fun season, whatever division or league that his team may end up. It is great to win, but IMO, I would rather that my son develop into a skilled football player and a good person. Isn't that what we should be concentrating on at this point in time?

As for TFC Angell, hopefully, they will get a chance to face Liverpool again in the regular season. Not sure what happened to TFC last weekend...I hope the best for them this week!

I disagree with you, let me assume that the dad is paying $2000 - $3000 for Select Soccer and his son laid an egg in the game because of whatever reason (heat, just a bad day).
The dad as a parent has a right to emphasis to his kid that he needs to play to his potential, Classic League is what we were working towards as a goal and these opportunities only come around once in 10 yr old kids life because then he is 11 and then 12 and on.....

Let us assume the kid then played to his potential and the team is now in Classic Div 1. I would say that is a job well done.

Rather than going, Great Job Moses, awesome job Moses, way to open that bottle of water Moses....you played great in the heat Moses, oh we are now eliminated Moses, we had fun did we not son.

I am not big on soccer, but these are also life lessons that a parent needs to impart to his children.

Who are we to judge what positive impact the parent had on his kid, when dad for the sake of argument had a "come to Jesus moment with his son". This is not an ordinary tournament, this is getting into Classic Div 1.

I for one think its justified as long as the dad keeps it in soccer context, and they the son and dad have a good relationship. As far as what the public thinks, who gives a S**T.

This was not constructive critism...This A-hole was telling his son that he did a s**tty job out there and he was the reason why the team lost the game and has to play round 2. I have no problems with constructive critism...Hopefully, this is not the kind of conversation you have with your son after a bad game.

I am not sure, I was not there to observe the conversation, so I cannot answer the question of "do I have that kind of conversation with my son". Also my team made it to Classic Div 1. However I did have a talk with my son on how important giving it all he had for this tournament, and he is bouncing off the walls at home, saying "We are in Classic Div I" "We are in Classic Div I". Never seen the boy so happy and excited.

Did the scene you wrote about take place on Saturday or Sunday, just curious.I do not know, I am still not willing to call a parent who pay's for select and invest time on his kid an A%%%le because he was angry (strong word) at his son. There are far worse deadbeat dads out there.

...not sure if the same but saw something similar around 12 on Sat. as father and son were heading to the parking lot....without mentioning the team name, player was wearing an all white uniform. If that helps anybody.

I am the first one to be tough on my kid for 'not leaving it all on the field' but a few years ago my son said he did not want to play Futsal anymore...when i asked him why it was because we had handily beaten a team from another part of town we did not know...and he witnessed a dad from that team screaming and berating a 8 or 9 year old boy for letting himself be beaten by a bunch of 'white kids'. He said he did not want to be the cause of a kid being abused by his parents and all things being equal he would rather do something else. I was moved by my kids empathy but it made me even more cautious about criticizing a kid on game day. What we do says much more about us than what we say.
I’ll also admit that I used to berate my son for underperforming when he was younger. I also had a wakeup call when my kid wanted to quit. In my case it was because of me and the coach…
It is okay if a parent wants to be hard on their kids and constructively criticize him or her. Everyone has different philosophy in raising their kids. But, to use curse words while berating your kid and blaming him for losing a game. That is going overboard…
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by mmlittleton 8/10/2011, 12:35 pm

agreed and well said.
mmlittleton
mmlittleton
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 8/10/2011, 12:43 pm

Rightback wrote:

So are you saying that the solution to this problem is to stop playing against a "bunch of white kids"?
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mmlittleton 8/10/2011, 3:47 pm

don't cuss ur kid. say something positive before you tell them what you disliked and what you expect.
mmlittleton
mmlittleton
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 8/10/2011, 4:28 pm

wolverine wrote:
Rightback wrote:

So are you saying that the solution to this problem is to stop playing against a "bunch of white kids"?

Amazing how things sound or read when taken out of context.
Hush on color please on this board, soccer is blind, we leave it on the field and in the cars but it is not a sport where color matters. Never has been and never will be.

Pele
Maradona
Beckenbauer
Puskas
Messi
Rooney
Eto
Ji Sung Park
Honda.
I can go on but you guys get the point.

This is one true global sport. I rather you correct me on how to deal with my child that inject race (I do not care which side is bringing it in or what the reasons, I chose not to react to those situations).

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 8/10/2011, 4:33 pm

Rightback wrote:
Ochocinco wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:
jstply wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:

wonder which town this is......

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 8/10/2011, 4:55 pm

Rocketeer wrote:
wolverine wrote:
Rightback wrote:

Hush on color please on this board, soccer is blind, we leave it on the field and in the cars but it is not a sport where color matters. Never has been and never will be.

Pele
Maradona
Beckenbauer
Puskas
Messi
Rooney
Eto
Ji Sung Park
Honda.

This is one true global sport. I rather you correct me on how to deal with my child that inject race (I do not care which side is bringing it in or what the reasons, I chose not to react to those situations).

Sensative topics are usually the ones that need to be talked about the most. Can't be afraid to address the obvious. I'll address it if someone brings it up.

I understand your reservations, however. Discussions about race can go downhill fast.
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 8/10/2011, 4:58 pm

Rocketeer wrote:

Hush on color please on this board, soccer is blind, we leave it on the field and in the cars but it is not a sport where color matters.

You obviously have not been following Eurpean football long....

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 8/10/2011, 5:04 pm

wolverine wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:
wolverine wrote:
Rightback wrote:

Pele
Maradona
Beckenbauer
Puskas
Messi
Rooney
Eto
Ji Sung Park
Honda.

Sensative topics are usually the ones that need to be talked about the most. Can't be afraid to address the obvious. I'll address it if someone brings it up.

I understand your reservations, however. Discussions about race can go downhill fast.

FUTSAL, futsal is all about skill, heavy ball and control.
Kick ball does not work with Futsal. Small court too.
Futsal started where, in Latin America Uruguay/brasil/ something like that....

Nothing sensitive about Futsal.

Taking stuff out of context, bad juju.

Do not believe that parents in soccer are prejudice/racist, think parents in soccer are more of elitists. Soccer kids are a reflection of their parents.

Glad I use this forum to have fun and just blab.

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 8/10/2011, 5:08 pm

soccerrus2 wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:

Hush on color please on this board, soccer is blind, we leave it on the field and in the cars but it is not a sport where color matters.

You obviously have not been following Eurpean football long....

Lol, well aware of the racism that happens in European soccer and the religious-ness hatred toward jewish players that play in muslim countries (kind like what happened to Chelsea when they played in Malaysia).

Well aware of the racism that the Scottish League have towards black players, and the taunts that all players of color get when they visit Eastern European countries.

That's the crowd, those are lemmings, you want me to talk about them... I was talking about parents and their kids not a collective of people out to watch a game and mimic and taunt.

In baseball at Yankee stadium the kids are unruly, racist no, but hands on their private parts and taunting yes...that is part of the game.... I do not support it, but I live with it.

Well aware of soccer racism, and religious prejudice.

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/11/2011, 8:12 am

This weekend will boil down to conditioning and heart. Who wants it the most

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/11/2011, 9:12 am

Rocketeer wrote:

Who are we to judge what positive impact the parent had on his kid, when dad for the sake of argument had a "come to Jesus moment with his son". This is not an ordinary tournament, this is getting into Classic Div 1. I for one think its justified as long as the dad keeps it in soccer context, and they the son and dad have a good relationship. As far as what the public thinks, who gives a S**T.

In 5 years 1/2 to 2/3 of the players on your team or any other D1 team will not be in D1. The good teams that play bad will earn their way up, the ones that got lucky will get knocked down. Top players on weaker teams will migrate up and push most of the current players down to lower divisions. Making D1 one now is more bragging rights than anything else at this point. My money is the on the kids getting screamed at over a GAME will be among those no longer there.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 8/11/2011, 9:33 am

my2cents wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:

Who are we to judge what positive impact the parent had on his kid, when dad for the sake of argument had a "come to Jesus moment with his son". This is not an ordinary tournament, this is getting into Classic Div 1. I for one think its justified as long as the dad keeps it in soccer context, and they the son and dad have a good relationship. As far as what the public thinks, who gives a S**T.

In 5 years 1/2 to 2/3 of the players on your team or any other D1 team will not be in D1. The good teams that play bad will earn their way up, the ones that got lucky will get knocked down. Top players on weaker teams will migrate up and push most of the current players down to lower divisions. Making D1 one now is more bragging rights than anything else at this point. My money is the on the kids getting screamed at over a GAME will be among those no longer there.

Thanks for the heads up on the attrition that happens in the next 5 yrs.

My son now has bragging rights, to him it seems important, for me it means I have to commute from fort worth to dallas every weekend and have to pay up to select soccer being a DEAD BEAT DAD that SCREAMS at his KID.

However I am not a fool and will take into consideration what all the parents on this board have said and scream at my son constructively, I will work with my SHRINK on SCREAMING LESS.

See you in 5 yrs and I will let you know if my son quits or makes it while he is being screamed at ... or maybe playing rec because his dad is on the unemployment line.

Oh Laryngitis how I miss thee.

On a serious note, I will watch my behavior and be more positive with my son. Thank you.

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 8/11/2011, 9:36 am

soccerisgood123 wrote:This weekend will boil down to conditioning and heart. Who wants it the most

I agree.

Passion is often underrated.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by cts 8/12/2011, 10:27 pm

Slightly cooler weather and more early morning games will hopefully keep the brutal heat from being too much of a factor this weekend. It will be nice to have all of this wrapped up by noon on Sunday.

Everyone stay safe and enjoy some fun games this weekend.

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Chappie81 8/13/2011, 6:52 am

cts wrote:Slightly cooler weather and more early morning games will hopefully keep the brutal heat from being too much of a factor this weekend. It will be nice to have all of this wrapped up by noon on Sunday.

Everyone stay safe and enjoy some fun games this weekend.

Anybody know where inclement weather information would be for QT? So glad North Texas gets some much needed rain.
Chappie81
Chappie81
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jack0fspeed 8/13/2011, 6:59 am

Chappie81 wrote:

Anybody know where inclement weather information would be for QT? So glad North Texas gets some much needed rain.

HOTLINE #: 972-738-9000
Press #1 Classic League

at the time of this post ... "no update"

jack0fspeed
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by jack0fspeed 8/13/2011, 7:49 am

jack0fspeed wrote:
Chappie81 wrote:

HOTLINE #: 972-738-9000
Press #1 Classic League

at the time of this post ... "no update"

8am games moved to 9am
9:30 games moved to 10:30
all other games as scheduled.

Of course with the penalty for forfeiting a game not playing in classic league for two years, I wouldn't take anyone's word for it.

jack0fspeed
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by stk1 8/13/2011, 11:21 am

Wow, TFC Angell loses their first game to FCD South 3-2. That group could get really interesting if they can come back and win their next one. I haven't seen TFC play in several months so have no idea if they lost players or if it is an aberration, but it would be a shame if they miss Classic completely.

stk1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Cobra66 8/13/2011, 2:35 pm

stk1 wrote:Wow, TFC Angell loses their first game to FCD South 3-2. That group could get really interesting if they can come back and win their next one. I haven't seen TFC play in several months so have no idea if they lost players or if it is an aberration, but it would be a shame if they miss Classic completely.

I just happen to see the TFC/Strikers game and saw a completley different team in TFC than what the results have shown last weekend and this morning. I wanted to see #18 play for Strikers. Wow, he can kick!!!! The Strikers only allowed one goal last weekend and it was against Premier and was a penalty kick according to a parent. TFC beat them 5-2 today affraid They defintely showed sign of brillance. I am glad my bb team made it through last weekend. TFC looked really good.

Green Cobra66
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/13/2011, 2:42 pm

They defintely showed sign of brillance. I am glad my bb team made it through last weekend. TFC looked really good.

given their overall play and 2-3 in the last 5 games, looks like d-2 for them. too little too late unfortunately

Last edited by soccerisgood123 on 8/13/2011, 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong results posted-corrected)

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 8/13/2011, 2:51 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:They defintely showed sign of brillance. I am glad my bb team made it through last weekend. TFC looked really good.

given their overall play and 1-4 in the last 5 games, looks like d-2 for them. too little too late unfortunately

Not so fast. Bracket B is proving to be as strong as it looked. Mathematically still winnable by any of three teams. Hopefully the third place team gets the wildcard. All three teams deserve to be in the league.
rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tarheel07 8/13/2011, 3:53 pm

newparent wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:no other predictors out there? come on in the water's fine........ cheers

Is there a line in Vegas? If so, here are my picks:
A - ANORANZAS
B - TFC, I know but I have a hard time believing it was all a lie
C - FWFC
D - FCD Blue - Che
E - DTX Craft, although Liverpool has a chance
F - DTX Wolf, I want to pick the WIZARDS but I don't see them scoring against DTX Wolf
G - FCD Waters, the easiest pick on the board

B - FCD South, headed to Arlington
D - AC Longview headed to D3

Don't think so.....they may not go D1, but they look to be safest out of that bracket considering the math and wildcard scenarios.

tarheel07
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Green Cobra66 8/13/2011, 7:38 pm

tarheel07 wrote:
newparent wrote:
soccerisgood123 wrote:no other predictors out there? come on in the water's fine........ cheers

Is there a line in Vegas? If so, here are my picks:
A - ANORANZAS
B - TFC, I know but I have a hard time believing it was all a lie
C - FWFC
D - FCD Blue - Che
E - DTX Craft, although Liverpool has a chance
F - DTX Wolf, I want to pick the WIZARDS but I don't see them scoring against DTX Wolf
G - FCD Waters, the easiest pick on the board

B - FCD South, headed to Arlington
D - AC Longview headed to D3

Don't think so.....they may not go D1, but they look to be safest out of that bracket considering the math and wildcard scenarios.

Wolf's defense is awesome. when they start scoring goals, they will be a force.

Green Cobra66
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 8/14/2011, 12:37 am

I'm tired of SMASH BALLERs winning.

The coaches yell, clear it!

The parents scream, boot it!

They all cheer when the ball is slammed 40 yards past the touchline.

Booting the ball without any rhyme or reason is just a reaction to a screaming parent or coach.

Last edited by PG-Boy on 8/14/2011, 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next