Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

QT Round 2 Discussion... - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

QT Round 2 Discussion...

+38
Green Cobra66
Chappie81
my2cents
soccerrus2
mmlittleton
Rightback
stk1
afrankw
wolverine
eastx
jstply
t5house
socmom97
ntxdad
DadofDefense
rustynail11
hunden97
getafe01
caltex1974
newparent
luvmyscrkids
slampg
jkspinks
Ochocinco
Wildcat44
jack0fspeed
indyfc
PG-Boy
Rocketeer
rdg
Durty-Tackle
yellow-card
scrdad
anselansel
FGFF
Ibra
BTMason
cts
42 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

QT Round 2 Discussion... - Page 4 Empty Re: QT Round 2 Discussion...

Post by cts 8/9/2011, 1:22 pm

Ochocinco wrote:
jstply wrote:
t5house wrote:Listen we can gripe and complain everytime we dont get things our way. If your team ends up in D2 then fantastic. If your team ends up in Arlington/Plano then fantastic. Accept it and get over it quickly. My bb team is in the deadly B bracket, you want to switch? The boys have to play regardless where they are seeded. Unfair to some, sure. Easier ride for others, you bet. Does it matter at this age, not really. Look further into the future! The majority of the round 2 teams are fairly close as far as competition goes so some teams will/are getting screwed but others are taking a sigh of relief.

Good Luck to everyone this weekend. You have a year regardless what league you end up with. Help your child improve, dont sit back and wait.

Bracket B is a tough bracket, but may not be the worst bracket to be in.
NTX strikers has a kid on mid-field that can boot the ball 50 yards ar so. Be prepared to do some serious ball chasing. Expect lots of slide tackles...
FCFW Red-this is a good defensive team. Their defenders are really good at clearing the ball. Couple of fast wingers.
TFC Angell - hopefully, they can rebound.

Bracket E is another tough bracket with DT Craft and Liverpool Chambers.
DT Craft should win the bracket.
Pedroso's team does have athletes. DT Craft will have a hard time against Pedroso's team.
Dallas Cosmos Black - don't discount this team. They are better than what their record shows. Their 5-1 loss was against Coppell FC that has additions from Solar Partain and Solar Red.

Coppell FC was very under ranked. For those that has already qualified for D1, be warned, Coppell FC is a very fast and atheletic D1 team. Not sure if they can beat Solar Red, DT Gall, or FCD-Bazan, but I think they can potentially beat any other D1s. No my bb does not play for them.

Bracket F -Jackospeed's bracket
I do feel sorry for your team. This ain't no easy bracket.
DT Wolf is an atheletic team. They may have lost most of their original players, but they prove that they are still pretty dangerous.
OC Wizards - tough direct play team with lots of slide tackling. They gave FCD Premier lots of trouble in the more recent tournaments.
Best of luck to your son's team Jack. I don't agree with some of the seedings either. Complaining on this forum is not garnering any supporters. Get your kid ready. It's going to be hot as hell again.

...and after all the posts involving TFC and Liverpool, wouldn't it be ironic to see Liverpool in D1 and TFC in D2?

All the post about this went a little overboard to begin with. They originated as a result of a game played in the King Tut tournament, between these two winless teams, that only served to determine which team would finish in last place in their bracket. It has been discussed for weeks as if a major tournament championship was at stake. This entire topic is way beyond past the "time to move on" category.

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 8/9/2011, 1:25 pm

Ochocinco wrote:
...and after all the posts involving TFC and Liverpool, wouldn't it be ironic to see Liverpool in D1 and TFC in D2?

Not so fast Ocho. I hear the fat lady humming but she ain't singing yet my friend.
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 8/9/2011, 1:35 pm

cts wrote:
All the post about this went a little overboard to begin with. They originated as a result of a game played in the King Tut tournament, between these two winless teams, that only served to determine which team would finish in last place in their bracket. It has been discussed for weeks as if a major tournament championship was at stake. This entire topic is way beyond past the "time to move on" category.

Totally agree that we had a little too much fun with the King Tut game but that's what forums are for . . . to generate discussion, right?

CTS, do you have a fact checker on your computer? You massacred the facts about each teams' performance in King Tut and what the discussion on the forum was REALLY about.

Go back, study King Tut scores/results, re-read ALL the posts regarding these teams after King Tut, and study really hard b/c The Wolf is giving a surprise test tomorrow when you log back on!

Seriously though, I get your point regardless of the inaccuracies in your post.
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine 8/9/2011, 1:46 pm

jstply wrote:There were a few surprises in round 1. There will probably be more surprises in round 2. I see quite a few teams that are capable of beating each other on any given day. These are 10 year olds. They are going to have bad days. There will be some very good teams that will end up in D2, or worse yet, not qualifing due to bad luck. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for the best for my bb's team.

On a darker note, I saw a really pathetic scene last week. Some guy was drilling his kid for underperforming on the field after a game in the parking lot. What an idiot! That was just crazy. Let's not make this more stressful for our kids then it already is. For God sake, they are running around in 108 degree weather. I, for one, will accept the end result and focus on my son having a fun season, whatever division or league that his team may end up. It is great to win, but IMO, I would rather that my son develop into a skilled football player and a good person. Isn't that what we should be concentrating on at this point in time?

As for TFC Angell, hopefully, they will get a chance to face Liverpool again in the regular season. Not sure what happened to TFC last weekend...I hope the best for them this week!

Excellant point. I've never been more proud of my boy and his team then this past weekend. We lost. Sad. But, the effort from the boys was outstanding. I praised my son the entire weekend. He worked hard and deserved my applause.

His team gets another chance this weekend.

I agree that we'll see few surprises. Quality teams will step up to make D1 and D2, respectively.
wolverine
wolverine
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cts 8/9/2011, 2:03 pm

wolverine wrote:
cts wrote:

Totally agree that we had a little too much fun with the King Tut game but that's what forums are for . . . to generate discussion, right?

CTS, do you have a fact checker on your computer? You massacred the facts about each teams' performance in King Tut and what the discussion on the forum was REALLY about.

Go back, study King Tut scores/results, re-read ALL the posts regarding these teams after King Tut, and study really hard b/c The Wolf is giving a surprise test tomorrow when you log back on!

Seriously though, I get your point regardless of the inaccuracies in your post.

I appreciatte your response, but I am not going to add to this branch of the discussion beyond this post. After all, droning on about it would sort of contradict my original point that this is a dead horse. Wink

My computer fact checker tells me both teams entered the final game with 0 wins, 1 loss and 2 draws. Liverpool lost the game and consequently finished in last place in the bracket. My apologies in advance if that is wrong. However, I am open to the fact that I am not giving a lot attention to what the discussion was REALLY about - whatever that might be.

You are welcome to the last word on this.

I am moving back to discussion regarding the upcoming weekend.

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/9/2011, 2:20 pm

no other predictors out there? come on in the water's fine........ cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by cts 8/9/2011, 2:28 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:no other predictors out there? come on in the water's fine........ cheers

predictions-winners

A - Anoranzas

B - Strikers

C - FW White

D - FCD Blue

E - DT - Craft

F - Wizards

G - FCD Waters

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by newparent 8/9/2011, 2:43 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:no other predictors out there? come on in the water's fine........ cheers

Is there a line in Vegas? If so, here are my picks:
A - ANORANZAS
B - TFC, I know but I have a hard time believing it was all a lie
C - FWFC
D - FCD Blue - Che
E - DTX Craft, although Liverpool has a chance
F - DTX Wolf, I want to pick the WIZARDS but I don't see them scoring against DTX Wolf
G - FCD Waters, the easiest pick on the board

B - FCD South, headed to Arlington
D - AC Longview headed to D3

newparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 8/9/2011, 3:02 pm

newparent wrote:

A - ANORANZAS
C - FWFC
D - FCD Blue - Che
F - DTX Wolf, I want to pick the WIZARDS but I don't see them scoring against DTX Wolf

I like your picks! AC longview to D3? You mean D2...No D3 this year.
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 8/9/2011, 3:04 pm

jstply wrote:There were a few surprises in round 1. There will probably be more surprises in round 2. I see quite a few teams that are capable of beating each other on any given day. These are 10 year olds. They are going to have bad days. There will be some very good teams that will end up in D2, or worse yet, not qualifing due to bad luck. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for the best for my bb's team.

On a darker note, I saw a really pathetic scene last week. Some guy was drilling his kid for underperforming on the field after a game in the parking lot. What an idiot! That was just crazy. Let's not make this more stressful for our kids then it already is. For God sake, they are running around in 108 degree weather. I, for one, will accept the end result and focus on my son having a fun season, whatever division or league that his team may end up. It is great to win, but IMO, I would rather that my son develop into a skilled football player and a good person. Isn't that what we should be concentrating on at this point in time?

As for TFC Angell, hopefully, they will get a chance to face Liverpool again in the regular season. Not sure what happened to TFC last weekend...I hope the best for them this week!

I disagree with you, let me assume that the dad is paying $2000 - $3000 for Select Soccer and his son laid an egg in the game because of whatever reason (heat, just a bad day).
The dad as a parent has a right to emphasis to his kid that he needs to play to his potential, Classic League is what we were working towards as a goal and these opportunities only come around once in 10 yr old kids life because then he is 11 and then 12 and on.....

Let us assume the kid then played to his potential and the team is now in Classic Div 1. I would say that is a job well done.

Rather than going, Great Job Moses, awesome job Moses, way to open that bottle of water Moses....you played great in the heat Moses, oh we are now eliminated Moses, we had fun did we not son.

I am not big on soccer, but these are also life lessons that a parent needs to impart to his children.

Ripping into a child done constructively is not dark.

Who are we to judge what positive impact the parent had on his kid, when dad for the sake of argument had a "come to Jesus moment with his son". This is not an ordinary tournament, this is getting into Classic Div 1.

I for one think its justified as long as the dad keeps it in soccer context, and they the son and dad have a good relationship. As far as what the public thinks, who gives a S**T.

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Durty-Tackle 8/9/2011, 3:07 pm

Whatever ends up happening, just have fun with it. If you are a strong team that ends up in D2, you will have fun being at the top of D2. It's funner when your team is always pushing the attack, instead of constantly being on your heels the entire season. If you are playing defense all season, your kids don't really learn to attack the goal.

When you dominate D2, you end up picking up better talent. And when you relegate up, then you can show those D1 boys how to handle business.

Enjoy this time and take a breath.

Durty-Tackle
Durty-Tackle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by newparent 8/9/2011, 3:21 pm

jstply wrote:
newparent wrote:

A - ANORANZAS
C - FWFC
D - FCD Blue - Che

I like your picks! AC longview to D3? You mean D2...No D3 this year.

Yes, D2 (same as D3 in previous years).

110 or 115, whatever it takes.

newparent
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by jstply 8/9/2011, 3:25 pm

Rocketeer wrote:

I disagree with you, let me assume that the dad is paying $2000 - $3000 for Select Soccer and his son laid an egg in the game because of whatever reason (heat, just a bad day).
The dad as a parent has a right to emphasis to his kid that he needs to play to his potential, Classic League is what we were working towards as a goal and these opportunities only come around once in 10 yr old kids life because then he is 11 and then 12 and on.....

Let us assume the kid then played to his potential and the team is now in Classic Div 1. I would say that is a job well done.

Rather than going, Great Job Moses, awesome job Moses, way to open that bottle of water Moses....you played great in the heat Moses, oh we are now eliminated Moses, we had fun did we not son.

I am not big on soccer, but these are also life lessons that a parent needs to impart to his children.

Who are we to judge what positive impact the parent had on his kid, when dad for the sake of argument had a "come to Jesus moment with his son". This is not an ordinary tournament, this is getting into Classic Div 1.

I for one think its justified as long as the dad keeps it in soccer context, and they the son and dad have a good relationship. As far as what the public thinks, who gives a S**T.

This was not constructive critism...This A-hole was telling his son that he did a s**tty job out there and he was the reason why the team lost the game and has to play round 2. I have no problems with constructive critism...Hopefully, this is not the kind of conversation you have with your son after a bad game.
jstply
jstply
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by afrankw 8/9/2011, 3:26 pm

DI
ANORANZAS FC
NTX STRIKERS BLUE
FORT WORTH FC '01 BOYS WHITE
FC DALLAS 01 BLUE
DALLAS TEXANS 01 BOYS RED DALLAS
WIZARDS FC WIZARDS 01 BOYS
FC DALLAS 01B CENTRAL

DII
MANSFIELD SAMBA FC 2001 BOYS GOLD
TFC 01B
FC DALLAS 01B WEST
CHIVAS USA 01
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA '01 CHAMBERS
DALLAS TEXANS 01B NORTH
BARCELONA SC
FC DALLAS 01B SOUTH RED
INTERNATIONAL FC 01B
AC LONGVIEW 01 BOYS
afrankw
afrankw
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by getafe01 8/9/2011, 3:42 pm

afrankw wrote:

DI
ANORANZAS FC
NTX STRIKERS BLUE
FORT WORTH FC '01 BOYS WHITE
FC DALLAS 01 BLUE
DALLAS TEXANS 01 BOYS RED DALLAS
WIZARDS FC WIZARDS 01 BOYS
FC DALLAS 01B CENTRAL

DII
MANSFIELD SAMBA FC 2001 BOYS GOLD
TFC 01B
FC DALLAS 01B WEST
CHIVAS USA 01
LIVERPOOL FC AMERICA '01 CHAMBERS
DALLAS TEXANS 01B NORTH
BARCELONA SC
FC DALLAS 01B SOUTH RED
INTERNATIONAL FC 01B
AC LONGVIEW 01 BOYS

I totally agree with you and came up with the same results. That said, my NCAA bracket picks always stink. I think the favorites will win all the groups except the last two. Waters should move on. They attempt to play the game the right way.
getafe01
getafe01
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocketeer 8/9/2011, 3:47 pm

jstply wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:

This was not constructive critism...This A-hole was telling his son that he did a s**tty job out there and he was the reason why the team lost the game and has to play round 2. I have no problems with constructive critism...Hopefully, this is not the kind of conversation you have with your son after a bad game.

I am not sure, I was not there to observe the conversation, so I cannot answer the question of "do I have that kind of conversation with my son". Also my team made it to Classic Div 1. However I did have a talk with my son on how important giving it all he had for this tournament, and he is bouncing off the walls at home, saying "We are in Classic Div I" "We are in Classic Div I". Never seen the boy so happy and excited.

Did the scene you wrote about take place on Saturday or Sunday, just curious.

I do not know, I am still not willing to call a parent who pay's for select and invest time on his kid an A%%%le because he was angry (strong word) at his son. There are far worse deadbeat dads out there.

Rocketeer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ochocinco 8/9/2011, 3:55 pm

Rocketeer wrote:
jstply wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:

I am not sure, I was not there to observe the conversation, so I cannot answer the question of "do I have that kind of conversation with my son". Also my team made it to Classic Div 1. However I did have a talk with my son on how important giving it all he had for this tournament, and he is bouncing off the walls at home, saying "We are in Classic Div I" "We are in Classic Div I". Never seen the boy so happy and excited.

Did the scene you wrote about take place on Saturday or Sunday, just curious.I do not know, I am still not willing to call a parent who pay's for select and invest time on his kid an A%%%le because he was angry (strong word) at his son. There are far worse deadbeat dads out there.

...not sure if the same but saw something similar around 12 on Sat. as father and son were heading to the parking lot....without mentioning the team name, player was wearing an all white uniform. If that helps anybody.

Ochocinco
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cts 8/9/2011, 4:17 pm

Lots of talk so far about which are the most difficult brackets for round 2.

On the flip side, which team do you all think has the easiest path to D1 this weekend?

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/9/2011, 4:34 pm

On the flip side, which team do you all think has the easiest path to D1 this weekend?

ANORANZAS FC

Back to top Go down

Post by DadofDefense 8/9/2011, 4:49 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:On the flip side, which team do you all think has the easiest path to D1 this weekend?

ANORANZAS FC

FW White
DadofDefense
DadofDefense
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by stk1 8/9/2011, 4:52 pm

FCD Blue should cruise.

stk1
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by cts 8/9/2011, 4:57 pm

soccerisgood123 wrote:On the flip side, which team do you all think has the easiest path to D1 this weekend?

ANORANZAS FC

There are my favorite in the bracket as well, but I think the other teams could give them a challenge. Decent 2 and 3 seed in this bracket.

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by slampg 8/9/2011, 5:01 pm

DadofDefense wrote:

ANORANZAS FC

FW White

I agree, FWFC looks like a very winnable bracket for them if they show up to play.
slampg
slampg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cts 8/9/2011, 5:29 pm

FWFC White and FCD Blue got great draws in Brackets C and D.

cts
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by PG-Boy 8/9/2011, 10:32 pm

Dug up from the Ancient Book of Thunderducks, dust wiped away, here is the prophesy….

A - Añoranzas, longing for a victory, will take first in the group. Mansfield, International Royal, TX Napoli

B - North Texas Strikers, TFC Angell, FC Dallas S Red, FWFC Red

C - FWFC White, FC Dallas Gold, FC Dallas West, AYSES Gold

D - FC Dallas Blue, Chivas, Longview, TFC Blue

E - Liverpool, DT Red, Cosmos, Boca Juniors

F - Oak Cliff Wizards, DT North, Olympians, AYSES Black

G - FC Dallas Central (Jon Waters), Barcelona, DT White, Am. Eagles, DTxns White

Both Añoranzas and NT Strikers hail from the CAL (Classic Academy League) spring season. They both had a good showing in the spring and are essentially playing on the same familiar fields. The fact they didn't play SDL meant they may have been overlooked.

TFC Angell and NT Strikers are well balanced, but I think #17 on the Strikers will tip the scale in their favor.

Oak Cliff Wizards and FC Dallas Central also played spring CAL at Richland (as well as SDL). I predict all four CAL veterans finish first in their group.

The FW and Liverpool boys will bounce back to qualify first in their respective groups. Che's FCD Blue is picking up experience and skill at a fast clip.
PG-Boy
PG-Boy
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 8/10/2011, 11:44 am

Ochocinco wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:
jstply wrote:
Rocketeer wrote:

Did the scene you wrote about take place on Saturday or Sunday, just curious.I do not know, I am still not willing to call a parent who pay's for select and invest time on his kid an A%%%le because he was angry (strong word) at his son. There are far worse deadbeat dads out there.

...not sure if the same but saw something similar around 12 on Sat. as father and son were heading to the parking lot....without mentioning the team name, player was wearing an all white uniform. If that helps anybody.

I am the first one to be tough on my kid for 'not leaving it all on the field' but a few years ago my son said he did not want to play Futsal anymore...when i asked him why it was because we had handily beaten a team from another part of town we did not know...and he witnessed a dad from that team screaming and berating a 8 or 9 year old boy for letting himself be beaten by a bunch of 'white kids'. He said he did not want to be the cause of a kid being abused by his parents and all things being equal he would rather do something else. I was moved by my kids empathy but it made me even more cautious about criticizing a kid on game day. What we do says much more about us than what we say.

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next