Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team

+27
burnthestar
jimulon6
Laimport
finish1
tomuchsoccer
WRG
creeper
cowpukesfan
toobookoo4you
plantit
futbolista
Soccerdad79
TexasSoccer02
soccer'02dad
BAFANA BAFANA
tigre4now
goscore!
accidentalelbow
krowdkontrol
just4kickz
02boys
omega striker
go99
Sprint
debit
GOOOAAALLL
OnestrikeOnegoal
31 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team - Page 2 Empty Texans team

Post by TexasSoccer02 3/20/2012, 5:49 pm

I heard some of the players might be going to a texans team. Wonder if it would be dts or the "other super texans team" or if it is all rumors.. In the end they have a good team. Either way as long as te kids are happy that is what matters.

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team

Post by Soccerdad79 3/20/2012, 6:25 pm

TexasSoccer02 wrote:I heard some of the players might be going to a texans team. Wonder if it would be dts or the "other super texans team" or if it is all rumors.. In the end they have a good team. Either way as long as te kids are happy that is what matters.

Why say you heard when you already know since your bb obviously plays for the supposedly super team. Just say that they are going to your team because you guys are passing out scholarships like they're candy so you can have the players to back up the name "super team". Well that's just what I heard. I also heard that the scholarships come with a free ride to the residency program. Oops, did I just say that?? Very Happy
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team - Page 2 Empty Re: Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team

Post by futbolista 3/20/2012, 6:29 pm

TexasSoccer02 wrote:I heard some of the players might be going to a texans team. Wonder if it would be dts or the "other super texans team" or if it is all rumors.. In the end they have a good team. Either way as long as te kids are happy that is what matters.

Well I don't think these players will be headed to DTS. Maybe they're headed to the "Super Texans Team". Hey if true it would be nice to see a great in house Texans rivalry.
futbolista
futbolista
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 3/20/2012, 7:48 pm

Texans and free do not go together Laughing
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 3/20/2012, 9:51 pm

This thread is ironic . Just suplant the word " Super team " with " Ice cream "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JfMCBh1sJQ
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 3/21/2012, 7:48 am

PP = previous poster

I find it hard to believe HN is doing free anything...team plus residence program? That'll be more than $6K/player. Yeah right. Plus the kids would have to be homeschooled since the school associated with the program starts at 6th grade - most 02s are 4th grade now. Thats a big decision for most families.

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team - Page 2 Empty If that is true sign me up

Post by TexasSoccer02 3/21/2012, 7:59 am

I will take the super scholarship! Who is giving out this scholarship? I am holding out for FC dallas Residency! It is closer to my house and they will be starting with younger kids! Watch out Dallas texans FC Dallas is coming with a residency for younger kids.

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 3/21/2012, 8:31 am

TexasSoccer02, is that true about a FC Dallas residency program or are you just playing around?

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad79 3/21/2012, 8:52 am

goscore! wrote:PP = previous poster

I find it hard to believe HN is doing free anything...team plus residence program? That'll be more than $6K/player. Yeah right. Plus the kids would have to be homeschooled since the school associated with the program starts at 6th grade - most 02s are 4th grade now. Thats a big decision for most families.

I find it hard to believe myself. I also "heard" HN was making calls himself to invite these kids which is funny because he doesn't pay any attention to the younger teams. What some people will do to beat a team within their own club. But again, thats just what I heard. Maybe Texassoccer02 can confirm.
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 3/21/2012, 9:16 am

Interesting. Can anyone confirm the rumors?? Has anyone here recieved the Texans "super scholarship," team + residence program? And who did you hear it from, HN himself?

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by toobookoo4you 3/21/2012, 10:46 am

Soccerdad79 wrote:

I find it hard to believe myself. I also "heard" HN was making calls himself to invite these kids which is funny because he doesn't pay any attention to the younger teams. What some people will do to beat a team within their own club. But again, thats just what I heard. Maybe Texassoccer02 can confirm.

Just curious Soccerdad79, but why do you keep implying that Texassoccer02 is already on this "Super Team"?
toobookoo4you
toobookoo4you
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad79 3/21/2012, 10:57 am

toobookoo4you wrote:
Soccerdad79 wrote:

Just curious Soccerdad79, but why do you keep implying that Texassoccer02 is already on this "Super Team"?

Because my sisters cousins brothers girlfriend told me. lol!
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by cowpukesfan 3/21/2012, 2:48 pm

Last edited by cowpukesfan on 5/16/2012, 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total

cowpukesfan
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 3/21/2012, 8:37 pm

Hands down? Enjoy your limited time of glory because word on the street is some of the FCD Goncalves players are being recruited by the "Super Team". Isn't that "Super"?

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team - Page 2 Empty FC Dallas

Post by TexasSoccer02 3/22/2012, 8:28 am

Yes FC Dallas will have try outs in the summer for the residency for younger kids.

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 3/22/2012, 9:56 am

Really? I looked at the website and didn't see anything about it. Do you know how it compares to the Texans one, like price, hours, whatever?

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by TexasSoccer02 3/22/2012, 10:37 am

The details are not out yet, I was told by another soccer parent that all the details will be out by June. I hope it is less than the Texans one. I know that it will be very helpful since it will be combined with the schools out here.
I am looking at all the options
FC Dallas
Texans
Should be a good summer!

TexasSoccer02
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by WRG 3/22/2012, 11:26 am

Not sure I would say "Hands Down" they are the best team in the 02 age group. They are clearly a top team and very good, but there are a lot of good teams in this age group. Even some that are not in the Primetime league. There are some good teams still in SDL, UAL etc that will be Division 1 classic league teams.

I also think it is hard to say who is the best "hands down" when it changes so much. The only team to be on top for any period of time was DTS. It seems FCD Goncavles is on top now, but who knows which team may step up next.

Any of the following teams could be D1 or the very top team by December of this year, (When it matters)

1. FCD South
2. FCD Goncalves
3. Solar Red Crushers
4. DTS South
5. LP Gerrard
6. FCD Snell
7. Solar Dynamo
8. LP Fagen
9. TFC
10. DT Thornber
11. DT Scott
12. TX Suns
13. FCD Gomez
14. Odyssey
15. GSSC
16. Solar Blue
17. Ayses
18. FC Premier Forzi
19. Mansfield Samba

This list is not in any particular order, but just to show that any of these teams could get better, add players, and be at the top. TO call any team, "hands down" the best after a few games, is a little early.

WRG
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tomuchsoccer 3/22/2012, 12:25 pm

the residency programs at this age are such a joke......I have an idea drive over to my house and let me kick you square in the nuts....I will then only charge half the money they are charging for the residency program.....now we can both come out ahead....

People a residency program without the best players is mearly a babysitting program......sure does your kid get more touches absolutly but lets make no mistake about it....this is just another North Texas money grab.....Everyone needs to tap the break a little on this.....you can still train everyday if that is what you want....go train with your team.....go do futsal....do private lessons.....but to send your kid who has not even gone through puberty is crazy!!!!Kids will change so much over the next few years.....I can tell you that education is far more important than signing up for a residency program.....13 and up yea I can see it for some kids but not at 10, 11, 12.........I played a lot of years in North Texas and some of the kids that you thought where can't miss.....well they are now coaching your kids......If your kid trually loves the game then get education first train second and maybe you can play in college anything past that is for a select few. Out of our entire country how many are playing in Europe?....6....maybe 3 at a high level in Europe.....

Just my little rant for the day........Stay away from the snake oil sales man!!!!......I promise you are going to be very disapointed if you don't

tomuchsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/22/2012, 12:39 pm

Toomuchsoccer you make toomuchsense! Shocked
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/22/2012, 3:22 pm

hopefully FCD isn't going to do a residency program for the little ones. It's a waste of time and not in the best interest of the kid. The reality is that no matter how many times he trains he will be eventually be passed if he does not posses those innate talents by those who do. HN is a snakeoil salesman and very successful at it. If FCD is serious about being a professional soccer organization, this is not the path.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 3/22/2012, 6:10 pm

I don't agree...
Maybe HN is just trying to make money, but the general idea of more hours training is a step in the right direction - for the right kids. Ajax youth do a similiar program, where a bus picks them up half way thought their school day to take them to soccer practie. If they're chosen, they start as young a 7 years old. The difference is the ratio of games to training sessions - more training, less games. All free to the families of the players, and all the kids live at home.

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/22/2012, 6:38 pm

ah you skipped over that "if they are selected" part. Not "if they can pay"
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 3/22/2012, 9:31 pm

???
I didn't skip over any part, I wrote that Ajax selects young players and its free.
Youth soccer development in the US should strive to resemble what they do at Ajax, Barcelona and the others. If the idea of residence programs - which is very common in other countries, takes off then in the future it could be offered for selected youth, free to their families. Small steps forward. Right now the programs need financing and its up to (most of) the participants to pay it.
Personally, I don't like HN, I agree that everything out of his mouth is to make money and he's a snake, but really, tomuchsoccer, how could one argue that touches on the ball is bad or not improving the player? In the same post you act like it would be more acceptable to pay for futsal and private lessons? How is that different, I bet it comes out to more money per year to do that stuff...And that playing around with a soccer ball at a "residency program at this age" is somehow similiar to getting kicked in the nuts, what in the world are you talking about??
Even if the kids did nothing but scrimmage all day, the kids will benefit, but it does suck to do it you have to pay HN.
Education is a completely seperate issue, you make it sound like a bad education and residency go together. Participating in a residency program doesn't mean the kids are not doing what they should in school. In fact, I could see how serious athletes have more disipline and less distraction with peers, popularity, ect, so they may even do better than average. Plenty of kids go to school 8 hours and still learn nothing & fail. Some kids can get a great education and do 5-7 hours of soccer a day, they just give up other things most American kids couldn't imagine going a day without...

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 3/23/2012, 7:36 am

goscore!, I don't believe anyone is arguing with your point. I also agree that younger ages don't require league play. Their developmental needs can be met through skills training and small sided games. The pressure of leagur play should not begin until U10. Unlike Ajax, we have a pay to play system where the most opportunities are available to those who can afford to pay for it. Conversely, the professional European system is open to any player with the talent and mental toughness to survive the training.
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/23/2012, 9:12 am

finish1 makes a great point.

The main reason these Euro academies try to get players so young is because of money. if they have academy players under contract, that means no one else can sign them. Some of the most successful academy graduates didn't officially sign until much later. Age 14 and 16+.

Conversely, here, with "pay to play" our 'elite' programs act as more of a filtering system. Not a 'developmental' program. (id2, ODP, etc.)

Only after puberty (usually around 16) can you even BEGIN to see what type of potential a player has.

Everyone likes to point out the success of Ajax, Barcelona, etc. Ironic that over there, league play/results are not important...and are even downplayed. The entire focus until 14/15 is individual technique. nothing else.

So, until u14/15 league play shouldn't exist. Not if you agree with the "best practices" of the world's top academies.

I just don't buy into the philosophy that a 9/10 yr old needs to train in a structured environment on a daily basis.

league play only becomes important (and only then somewhat) in the middle to late teen years.

This obsession with equating individual player success based on the perceived quality of their team has to stop.

If you have to write a check, is it really about developing the "best players"?

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next