Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team

+27
burnthestar
jimulon6
Laimport
finish1
tomuchsoccer
WRG
creeper
cowpukesfan
toobookoo4you
plantit
futbolista
Soccerdad79
TexasSoccer02
soccer'02dad
BAFANA BAFANA
tigre4now
goscore!
accidentalelbow
krowdkontrol
just4kickz
02boys
omega striker
go99
Sprint
debit
GOOOAAALLL
OnestrikeOnegoal
31 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team - Page 3 Empty Re: Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team

Post by Laimport 3/23/2012, 9:12 am

finish1 makes a great point.

The main reason these Euro academies try to get players so young is because of money. if they have academy players under contract, that means no one else can sign them. Some of the most successful academy graduates didn't officially sign until much later. Age 14 and 16+.

Conversely, here, with "pay to play" our 'elite' programs act as more of a filtering system. Not a 'developmental' program. (id2, ODP, etc.)

Only after puberty (usually around 16) can you even BEGIN to see what type of potential a player has.

Everyone likes to point out the success of Ajax, Barcelona, etc. Ironic that over there, league play/results are not important...and are even downplayed. The entire focus until 14/15 is individual technique. nothing else.

So, until u14/15 league play shouldn't exist. Not if you agree with the "best practices" of the world's top academies.

I just don't buy into the philosophy that a 9/10 yr old needs to train in a structured environment on a daily basis.

league play only becomes important (and only then somewhat) in the middle to late teen years.

This obsession with equating individual player success based on the perceived quality of their team has to stop.

If you have to write a check, is it really about developing the "best players"?

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team - Page 3 Empty Re: Hands down FC Dallas Goncalves top team

Post by jimulon6 3/23/2012, 10:39 am

great topic. I have to agree that residency programs before U16 are silly. America and American sports are about what everything else in this country has become about--money.

People devise a business plan, generally based on the unhinged fantasies of moms and dads and their willingness to fund said fantasies, and implement that plan with out a care about whether it is a good plan or beneficial to development. Money is the goal. As long as money is the primary focus, well, you get what you get.

I know there are some good situations/coaches out there, but 80% of it all is a money grab. Maybe more. But apparently there are plenty of people willing to throw money at the system, hoping somehow the system will make their kids better players. That's like banging your head against a wall.

Either your kid has the talent or drive, or a little bit of both, or they don't. Talent only takes your kid so far. Determination and will get them over the hump, into that elite category. You can't train heart and desire into a person. It has to be there already. Extra training will not manifest those traits into a human being lol. Trust me I've tried it! Typically kids aren't ready for all of that until after puberty.

Parents will do what they will do. I am no different. Viable options are few. Go back to rec? If you've watched a rec game recently, you know the answer.

In the defense of European soccer, they are obviously doing something right and the US would be wise to emulate that system.

Anxious to see what FCD does with their residency program.

jimulon6
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tomuchsoccer 3/23/2012, 10:51 am

Laimport wrote:finish1 makes a great point.

The main reason these Euro academies try to get players so young is because of money. if they have academy players under contract, that means no one else can sign them. Some of the most successful academy graduates didn't officially sign until much later. Age 14 and 16+.

Conversely, here, with "pay to play" our 'elite' programs act as more of a filtering system. Not a 'developmental' program. (id2, ODP, etc.)

Only after puberty (usually around 16) can you even BEGIN to see what type of potential a player has.

Everyone likes to point out the success of Ajax, Barcelona, etc. Ironic that over there, league play/results are not important...and are even downplayed. The entire focus until 14/15 is individual technique. nothing else.

So, until u14/15 league play shouldn't exist. Not if you agree with the "best practices" of the world's top academies.

I just don't buy into the philosophy that a 9/10 yr old needs to train in a structured environment on a daily basis.

league play only becomes important (and only then somewhat) in the middle to late teen years.

This obsession with equating individual player success based on the perceived quality of their team has to stop.

If you have to write a check, is it really about developing the "best players"?

Agree totally.....what I'm saying is the residency does not have the best players only the ones that can pay....now I'm sure their is one or two that will make it very far in soccer so don't get defensive I'm not talking about all kids in the program.....Are touches important of course they are.....I'm saying that the kids that want to get touches and play for a long time will do it without being droped off all day at a glorified soccer camp.....I think that we can all agree that no matter how hard you train unless God blesses you with the athletic ability to play soccer at a high level than no amount of training will help you.....I think any adult that was a former athlete will agree that the kids who where so great when they where young most fell off as they got older (puberty)......Is there a couple exceptions? yes but not many.......Everyone can spend their money how they want all I'm saying is that 95% are going to regret getting sucked in to thinking that the residency program is going to make your kid athletic....not going to happen

Don't burn them out....keep it fun....and most importantly enjoy the time you get to spend with them.....All my memories of my Dad was the stuff we did together and of him there when I came off the field.....what great times and great memories!!!! enjoy the weekend!!!

tomuchsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/23/2012, 11:33 am

Spot on. Puts things in proper perspective.

The problem we have in this country is how do we really know who's elite and who isn't.

Parents range from overzealous to completely delusional. And it's not just soccer either.

The clubs focus on money. So, who really is qualified to objectively state whether a kid "has it" or not?

Why do we continually attempt to identify players based on subjective criteria...rather than objective? Bigger, faster, stronger begins to wane after the age of 15/16. But, by then it's too late for many youth players.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 3/23/2012, 12:13 pm

sounds like we're on the same page... I wasn't trying to be defensive - I don't have anything invested in either residency program - but I am in support of the general idea and wanted to post some positive aspects.

wouldn't be something if FCD comes out and says their residency program is free to the selected players? LOL...wouldn't do well for HN

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by tomuchsoccer 3/23/2012, 12:24 pm

goscore! wrote:sounds like we're on the same page... I wasn't trying to be defensive - I don't have anything invested in either residency program - but I am in support of the general idea and wanted to post some positive aspects.

wouldn't be something if FCD comes out and says their residency program is free to the selected players? LOL...wouldn't do well for HN

They make it free to selected kids and they will have the top team at every level......but no way that happens....FCD does have the best program for academy players at u16 and up......everything is free.....including travel.....so I guess you never know

tomuchsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 3/23/2012, 1:50 pm

if they had the top team in soccer then the program itself would be a failure. Kids that make you win are not always the ones who will be viable later. It can be impossible befor 14 to tell who will make it but they can often tell before then who will not. The big problem at FCD is it is run by coaches not by scouts. Guardiola was one of the legendary players at Barca. A scout brought him to the club and told them this kid is special and the future. He came back later and found him on the 3rd team. They said well he is small and struggles against the bigger players. His response was I told you he will be a special player. Everybody grows, put him back on the first team. Pep goes on to be one of the barca greats and current coach.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 3/23/2012, 4:25 pm

I remember Cruyff himself was the one who insisted Guardiola be given minutes on the pitch.

Players have to be able to experiment and make mistakes. A cliche but true. Having results driven teams at u11-14 is counterproductive to that end.

go is right. Winning at younger ages is much easier (yet detrimental to the individual player)because coaches' instruct the players to always be looking forward and to get the ball into the box as quickly as possible.

When you bypass midfield, don't build from the back, etc. how are the kids supposed to learn?

There are skilled youth players out there. There are exceptional athletes that play soccer. Especially youth level. But we don't have players that are taught to both be technically sound and tactically SMART.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by accidentalelbow 3/23/2012, 8:52 pm

debit wrote:
accidentalelbow wrote:
debit wrote:
krowdkontrol wrote:
just4kickz wrote:
debit wrote:FCD Snell beat Goncalves 2-1 on Feb 5 to win the Winter Blast tournament. Not sure what's different in league play.

I agree that based on recent results, I would rate FCD Goncalves as #1 in the 02 age group right now with DTS a close 2nd.

Anyone know the result of the Solar Red Crushers vs TFC game?

Looks like it's time for DTS to pass on the torch or is it? affraid

Is he referring to FCD Goncalves being FC Dallas top team or them being the overall top team for the 02 age group?

You assume I'm a 'he'.

I think my opinion was clearly stated and not sure what part of you find difficult to understand.

FCD Goncalves beat DTS last fall in SDL league play. At the time, I chalked it up to a fluke plus I heard that DTS was missing something like 4 starters that day. Now they have beaten DTS again in spring league play and also avenged their recent tournament loss against FCD Snell.

I think at the moment they are the best in the 02 age group. DTS is a close second and Solar Red Crushers are a close 3rd. Based on game results, it seems there may be a gap after those 3 teams before you get to the group of FCD Snell, Solar Dynamo, TFC Larry, and others...

For the record, my son doesn't play for FCD Goncalves.

I'll assume you're just a smack talker. Since your bb doesn't play for FCD Goncalves and I'm sure you don't play for DTS, I'd say you just like to talk smack about teams that beat yours. Since you know so much about teams you don't participate with, maybe we should also assume your the guy hiding in the bushes and stalking our kids during their games. If not, maybe you could tell that freak to beat it!

Funny coming from the king of smack talk.

"...the game wasn't even that close. DTS had 43 shots on goal and just couldn't find the back of the net..."
---accidentalelbow

Btw, I'm not just a smack talker. I'm also a father, son, brother, uncle, employee, boss, volunteer. I don't always talk smack, but when I do, I drink Dos XX.

I was just stating my opinion hoping for some interesting debate and discourse. I don't even mind when you call me a stalker; I found it somewhat amusing because of your need to use such extreme hyperbole.

I've seen all these teams play (binoculars come in handy when hiding in the bushes), and yes, these teams have all beaten my son's team. Life goes on even if some anonymous person (me) on a message board thinks your son plays on the 2nd best team in North Texas at the moment. Heck, my son's team is probably only considered the 102nd best team in North Texas by some people, but it's all good. He'll keep training hard and hope someday he can beat the 101st best team.

Some of that is actually pretty funny - good stuff debit.
accidentalelbow
accidentalelbow
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 4/15/2012, 2:09 pm

Looks like FCD Goncalves had it's minimal time of glory. Hands down top team of what? Not top team of Primetime. Congrats to DTS for ending the season on top of Primetime and still proven the top team. Nice job to Crushers for giving DTS a great challenge and ending the season at number 2.

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 4/15/2012, 2:24 pm

you missed the point creepy. The point was Goncalves was the top team at FCD or not. Not if they were the top team in the league.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by creeper 4/15/2012, 3:45 pm

Oh I got it go69. Thanks for coming on here and trying to clarify things. But like I said before to those who were on this thread stating that FCD Goncalves was the top 02 team, you were incorrect.

creeper
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by just4kickz 4/16/2012, 3:37 pm

creeper wrote:Looks like FCD Goncalves had it's minimal time of glory. Hands down top team of what? Not top team of Primetime. Congrats to DTS for ending the season on top of Primetime and still proven the top team. Nice job to Crushers for giving DTS a great challenge and ending the season at number 2.

It was just a matter of time before someone found FCDG's achilles heel. Congrats to Solar Crushers cheers for knocking them down from 1st to 3rd. Also, congrats to DTS for proving the non-believers wrong & taking back 1st in the league. Now that this all said & done, what now?
just4kickz
just4kickz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by burnthestar 4/16/2012, 3:51 pm

just4kickz wrote:
creeper wrote:Looks like FCD Goncalves had it's minimal time of glory. Hands down top team of what? Not top team of Primetime. Congrats to DTS for ending the season on top of Primetime and still proven the top team. Nice job to Crushers for giving DTS a great challenge and ending the season at number 2.

It was just a matter of time before someone found FCDG's achilles heel. Congrats to Solar Crushers cheers for knocking them down from 1st to 3rd. Also, congrats to DTS for proving the non-believers wrong & taking back 1st in the league. Now that this all said & done, what now?

Gonclaves has a few guest players on the FCD Gomez team for the ESPN tournament.
I guess they'll still have a chance to redeem themselves.
burnthestar
burnthestar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 4/16/2012, 4:19 pm

how did FCD Goncalves finish the season? Anyone have the other play off scores?

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 4/17/2012, 9:49 am

just4kickz wrote:

Aren't you jumping the gun a little bit? FCD Goncavles had a bad game against Solar Crushers and that was their only loss in this league. FCD Goncalves has beaten DTS the last two times they played them, so it is hard to say they have proven any doubters wrong just yet. They will need to beat FCD Goncalves to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by just4kickz 4/17/2012, 10:16 am

Gatorz wrote:
just4kickz wrote:

Aren't you jumping the gun a little bit? FCD Goncavles had a bad game against Solar Crushers and that was their only loss in this league. FCD Goncalves has beaten DTS the last two times they played them, so it is hard to say they have proven any doubters wrong just yet. They will need to beat FCD Goncalves to do that.

Not jumping the gun at all. BB plays for Solar, I was there. Solar Dynamo tied FCDG then followed up by Solar Crushers beating FCDG. A bad game would consist of a 1-0 loss, not a 5-1 loss. I saw DTS vs FCDG game, DTS dominated & was down but they have fight in them which tied it 2-2. FCDG was lucky to get the 3rd goal in to win. DTS had several shots on goal & lost. This would be considered a bad game. FCDG's new forward is not new anymore, which means teams adjusted to the kick & run. Not saying FCDG is a bad team, by all means, they are good & coached well. Hats to those boys.
just4kickz
just4kickz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tomuchsoccer 4/17/2012, 12:27 pm

what makes DTS number 1 is consistently winning which DTS has done better than anyone else.....do the boys have a bad game 2 times a year....sure....but they are 10.....anyone that watches DTS play and the way they move the ball around the field would easily say they are the best team......I know when your at the top everyone wants to knock you off....thats why when DTS does lose everyone comes on here and starts with the rankings and all the catch up talk......Can DTS lose....yep....do they?.....very seldom....thats why they are number 1

tomuchsoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad79 4/17/2012, 12:32 pm

tomuchsoccer wrote:what makes DTS number 1 is consistently winning which DTS has done better than anyone else.....do the boys have a bad game 2 times a year....sure....but they are 10.....anyone that watches DTS play and the way they move the ball around the field would easily say they are the best team......I know when your at the top everyone wants to knock you off....thats why when DTS does lose everyone comes on here and starts with the rankings and all the catch up talk......Can DTS lose....yep....do they?.....very seldom....thats why they are number 1
cheers cheers cheers
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by burnthestar 4/17/2012, 2:33 pm

tomuchsoccer wrote:what makes DTS number 1 is consistently winning which DTS has done better than anyone else.....do the boys have a bad game 2 times a year....sure....but they are 10.....anyone that watches DTS play and the way they move the ball around the field would easily say they are the best team......I know when your at the top everyone wants to knock you off....thats why when DTS does lose everyone comes on here and starts with the rankings and all the catch up talk......Can DTS lose....yep....do they?.....very seldom....thats why they are number 1

10? My BB's 9.
burnthestar
burnthestar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnestrikeOnegoal 4/17/2012, 4:49 pm

goscore! wrote:how did FCD Goncalves finish the season? Anyone have the other play off scores?
Heard Goncalves did not play their last game had players sick, but then heard players were guest playing with other FC Dallas Team. Where is the commitment to your team...Really, is this team staying together???
OnestrikeOnegoal
OnestrikeOnegoal
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by P1er 4/17/2012, 5:57 pm

OnestrikeOnegoal wrote:
goscore! wrote:how did FCD Goncalves finish the season? Anyone have the other play off scores?
Heard Goncalves did not play their last game had players sick, but then heard players were guest playing with other FC Dallas Team. Where is the commitment to your team...Really, is this team staying together???

Sounds like try-outs have officially started for the 02's now that the season is over.

P1er
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by burnthestar 4/17/2012, 9:35 pm

P1er wrote:
OnestrikeOnegoal wrote:

Sounds like try-outs have officially started for the 02's now that the season is over.

Bummer, I hope they stay together.
Yes, there's at least 4 that have and will be guest-playing for FCD Gomez in this ESPN tournament that was postponed due to rain.
burnthestar
burnthestar
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Offside 4/17/2012, 10:43 pm

So Is Gomez an up and coming coach? Have not heard much about him.

Offside
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by tpitty 4/19/2012, 1:22 pm

Offside wrote:So Is Gomez an up and coming coach? Have not heard much about him.

I can't speak on his coaching, but outside looking in, if he is supplementing his regular roster with 4 kids from another team in a tournament that is 9v9, I would say "up and coming" may be a stretch.
Plus they wont make it out of pool play unless they can beat DTexans South in the final pool game. I don't see bracket play in their ESPN future.
tpitty
tpitty
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by What 4/19/2012, 3:02 pm

tpitty wrote:
Offside wrote:So Is Gomez an up and coming coach? Have not heard much about him.

I can't speak on his coaching, but outside looking in, if he is supplementing his regular roster with 4 kids from another team in a tournament that is 9v9, I would say "up and coming" may be a stretch.
Plus they wont make it out of pool play unless they can beat DTexans South in the final pool game. I don't see bracket play in their ESPN future.
All U10 teams are up and coming, FCD will bring their A game and so will DTS, hope the kids and the parents enjoy.
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next