Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Texans Fall Festival Seeding process - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Texans Fall Festival Seeding process

+42
Axxman
trblmkr
Goooaaal
OnTheSurface
cowpukesfan
twotone
crazyET
TBBD
True10
soccermom97b
getafe01
finish1
Family5
TEK2000
Soccerinsanity
Ace70
Marvelousmar
Maradona
Big Swoosh
Havefun
soccer23
eredivisie
Iplaysoccer
jimulon6
DragonStryker
go99
Turftoe96
toffeemate
EastTexasSoccer
bigtex75081
The German
rqps
love_your_refs
soccermom14
krowdkontrol
scrdad
my2cents
Se_la_perdio!
futbolfiend
omega striker
mspan02
Laimport
46 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Texans Fall Festival Seeding process - Page 2 Empty Re: Texans Fall Festival Seeding process

Post by The German 10/30/2012, 9:06 am

Why should any team be excluded?

The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Texans Fall Festival Seeding process - Page 2 Empty Re: Texans Fall Festival Seeding process

Post by futbolfiend 10/30/2012, 9:21 am

The German wrote:Why should any team be excluded?

exactly..

if a team doesn't measure up to the "perceived" level of competition, you simply tell them thanks but no thanks and here is your tourney fee in the return mail. NO harm no foul. Once you take the money and "accept" the team then to turn around and say "well, we have this nice non qualifying bracket for you to play in" just doesn't seem cricket. Its like being the 20 something young adult still forced to sit at the kids table at Thanksgiving.
futbolfiend
futbolfiend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 10/30/2012, 9:56 am

This is dumb. Why not give every team that registered a shot at the DC invitation? If this tournament was only for CL teams then they should have put an asterisk (*) after the title, "Texans Fall Festival*", and clearly documented this stipulation at the bottom of the webpage.

This shows weakness and fear to me. It sounds like CL teams have rigged this because they're afraid they might actually lose to a lower division team. If the CL teams don't have to worry about losing to a lower division team then prove it. It's OK to drill a lowly team 10-0 in a tournament. What's wrong with destroying a lowly team every now and then? Come on, aren’t these lowly ones calling you out? Hell... Let your subs get some extra burn and save your starters for the later games but don't dodge competition by saying they're not worthy.

If you're better than them then prove it. Don't just talk about how good you are and then turn tail and run away back into your fenced-in yard.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/30/2012, 10:14 am

bigtex75081 wrote:This is dumb. Why not give every team that registered a shot at the DC invitation? If this tournament was only for CL teams then they should have put an asterisk (*) after the title, "Texans Fall Festival*", and clearly documented this stipulation at the bottom of the webpage.

This shows weakness and fear to me. It sounds like CL teams have rigged this because they're afraid they might actually lose to a lower division team. If the CL teams don't have to worry about losing to a lower division team then prove it. It's OK to drill a lowly team 10-0 in a tournament. What's wrong with destroying a lowly team every now and then? Come on, aren’t these lowly ones calling you out? Hell... Let your subs get some extra burn and save your starters for the later games but don't dodge competition by saying they're not worthy.

If you're better than them then prove it. Don't just talk about how good you are and then turn tail and run away back into your fenced-in yard.

Exactly!

I should have seen this coming. With as many applied/accepted teams, you'd have to have 6 games to decide a winner. Then again, that's why you should 'apply' and then be accepted into a qualifying bracket. Full disclosure from the beginning eliminates confusion and the subsequent hard feelings.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/30/2012, 10:18 am

bigtex75081 wrote:This is dumb. Why not give every team that registered a shot at the DC invitation? If this tournament was only for CL teams then they should have put an asterisk (*) after the title, "Texans Fall Festival*", and clearly documented this stipulation at the bottom of the webpage.

I am in total agreement that this tournament has been promoted as the way into the DC and to exclude some is false advertising. They got a huge turnout. If I were on one of the non-qualifying teams I would want my money back.
Tex if CL teams have the power and influence to rig it why did they not just keep the 4 byes they had? scratch

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 10/30/2012, 10:21 am

I doubt everyone that applies for this tournament is going to get to play for the DC spot... In the 98's 34 teams have applied, thats 8 brackets, with two brackets with 5 teams. Not sure that is going to work. If you just base it on region III rank outside of NPL teams you will have a good tournament. This tournament existed prior to the DC spot this year and was always a good draw for teams. I am sure not every team that signed up had the realistic expectation that they were going to play for the DC spot.
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by EastTexasSoccer 10/30/2012, 10:21 am

Based on how they have the preliminary brackets set-up; there will be a few good teams left out of the DC qualifier bracket...(see below)

Boys U16 Red
Flight Results Grid Print Standings
Bracket A
Bracket B
Semi Finals

Boys U16 White
Flight Results Grid Print Standings
Bracket A
Bracket B
Bracket C
10 Teams - Semis

I would like to see some predictions or a "wish-list" for seedings (U16 Boys)...

EastTexasSoccer
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/30/2012, 10:30 am

rqps wrote:

I doubt everyone that applies for this tournament is going to get to play for the DC spot... In the 98's 34 teams have applied, thats 8 brackets, with two brackets with 5 teams. Not sure that is going to work. If you just base it on region III rank outside of NPL teams you will have a good tournament. This tournament existed prior to the DC spot this year and was always a good draw for teams. I am sure not every team that signed up had the realistic expectation that they were going to play for the DC spot.

That's speculation. If you promote the tournament as a DC qualifier, then you have to expect that's why teams are coming. It's a copout to assume teams are registering without that expectation.

it is solely the Texans responsibility to disclose the 'terms' from the beginning.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 10/30/2012, 10:45 am

my2cents wrote:

I am in total agreement that this tournament has been promoted as the way into the DC and to exclude some is false advertising. They got a huge turnout. If I were on one of the non-qualifying teams I would want my money back.
Tex if CL teams have the power and influence to rig it why did they not just keep the 4 byes they had? scratch
Probably to give the appearance that the DC invitation is open to anyone that can win it. To make it appear on the surface that it’s a free for all.

In the NCAA Tournament, any of the 65 teams that are invited to play can win the championship. There are some fantastic teams and there are some wannabes. Regardless of where they came from, the best teams still need to prove it on the court. That's the reason why March Madness has become such a huge event. Wouldn't it be silly if next year the NCAA announced that there would still be 65 teams invited but only 16 of those teams would actually be eligible to win the championship trophy?

Be fair. Put them all on the same playing field. Prove you're the best.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/30/2012, 11:11 am

U16 boys now has 18 accepted and 23 applied teams.

Going by gotsoccer rankings, our team (ETP) is currently ranked higher than 10 of the 18 teams.

And that's excluding preacademy teams because their rankings appear to be skewed.

On one hand, it would be a logistical nightmare to have 23 teams all in the qualifying bracket.

A team would end up playing 6 games in order to win it. Personally I think 5 games is too many..but it is what it is.

So, the only practical thing to do is for Texans to allow no more than 18 teams to play for the qualifying division.

If there are teams that want their money back (due to the circumstances) then they need to offer up refunds.

It's that simple.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/30/2012, 11:12 am

But to limit the bracket exclusively to d1 cl and pa teams and ignoring rankings is bogus.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 10/30/2012, 12:07 pm

Laimport wrote:
rqps wrote:

That's speculation. If you promote the tournament as a DC qualifier, then you have to expect that's why teams are coming. It's a copout to assume teams are registering without that expectation.

it is solely the Texans responsibility to disclose the 'terms' from the beginning.

The whole forum is speculation... this topic and that only D1 CL teams and pre-academy teams will be in the RED bracket is speculation. The website does not say how teams will be seeded. Now if you are concerned that your kids team is going to be left out, why not have the manager contact tournament director and find our for sure.

Based on the event information page on gotsoccer every age group has a WHITE bracket except U10 & U17, U 12 & U 14 have two WHITE brackets, which means someone is getting left out.
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/30/2012, 12:48 pm

Laimport wrote:But to limit the bracket exclusively to d1 cl and pa teams and ignoring rankings is bogus.

That rumor does not even make sense. There is already the CL Grand Champion and two top two DT teams if D1 7th place or higher that get invites. That would leave only 7 D1 teams and the PA teams which I don't think number 11 teams.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 10/30/2012, 1:33 pm

Laimport wrote:U16 boys now has 18 accepted and 23 applied teams.

Going by gotsoccer rankings, our team (ETP) is currently ranked higher than 10 of the 18 teams.

And that's excluding preacademy teams because their rankings appear to be skewed.

On one hand, it would be a logistical nightmare to have 23 teams all in the qualifying bracket.

A team would end up playing 6 games in order to win it. Personally I think 5 games is too many..but it is what it is.

So, the only practical thing to do is for Texans to allow no more than 18 teams to play for the qualifying division.

If there are teams that want their money back (due to the circumstances) then they need to offer up refunds.

It's that simple.
Maybe they take the out of town teams and already qualified teams into a separate division since they can't qualify. Who knows.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/30/2012, 1:49 pm

Who said out of town teams couldn't qualify for DC? Our team was told a while back if we won we would qualify. Initially it was just making the final.

Anyway< i don't want to dredge that up.

It's billed as a Dallas Cup qualifier. We were told from the beginning that, under the rules, we win we qualify.

Now we're hearing something different.

And yes, someone representing our club is making inroads to clarification.

But, the longer they take to respond, the more I fear they will confirm our suspicion.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 10/30/2012, 2:02 pm

Laimport wrote:Who said out of town teams couldn't qualify for DC? Our team was told a while back if we won we would qualify. Initially it was just making the final.

It's billed as a Dallas Cup qualifier. We were told from the beginning that, under the rules, we win we qualify.

But, the longer they take to respond, the more I fear they will confirm our suspicion.
LP you might be right. I just went on the qulifying procedure shown on the DC website. http://www.dallascup.com/qualproced/index_E.html
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 10/30/2012, 3:23 pm

The German wrote:
Laimport wrote:Who said out of town teams couldn't qualify for DC? Our team was told a while back if we won we would qualify. Initially it was just making the final.

LP you might be right. I just went on the qulifying procedure shown on the DC website. http://www.dallascup.com/qualproced/index_E.html
(2) Multiple Ways of Qualifying for the 2013 Dr Pepper Dallas Cup XXXIV
(d) Qualifying Tournament #1-Dallas Texans Fall Festival, November 16-18, 2012. The U13, U14, U15 and U16 tournament age group winners will qualify.

That's copy/pasted from the page The German posted.

If this is the way the guidelines for qualification are written, I seriously doubt they can have multiple winners in each group. I don't think the tournament organizers can come back to a winning team and say, "Well yeah, you won, and yeah, according to the rules you should qualify for the DC, BUT you didn't win the right bracket and we're the ones that decide which one is the right bracket. So... tough sh!t."

As soon as they call somebody a "winner" for the U13, U14, U15 or U16 age divisions, they better have an invite to the DC attached to that trophy.
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rqps 10/30/2012, 4:21 pm

From the 2012 tournament rules for Fall Festival:

The DTSC Fall Festival is a Qualifying Tournament for the 2013 Dr. Pepper Dallas Cup XXXIV. The Winners of each age group Boys U13, Boys U14, Boys U15 and Boys U16 plus any Non North Texas State Association team that is a finalist in those age groups will get automatic entry to the 2013 Dallas Cup XXXIV in those age groups.
rqps
rqps
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 10/30/2012, 4:33 pm

rqps wrote:

The DTSC Fall Festival is a Qualifying Tournament for the 2013 Dr. Pepper Dallas Cup XXXIV. The Winners of each age group Boys U13, Boys U14, Boys U15 and Boys U16 plus any Non North Texas State Association team that is a finalist in those age groups will get automatic entry to the 2013 Dallas Cup XXXIV in those age groups.
. Maybe DTSC and DC should talk to each other and figure it out. Reading both rules it seems that teams from Tyler or Wichita Falls are SOL.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by love_your_refs 10/30/2012, 4:49 pm

The German wrote:
rqps wrote:

. Maybe DTSC and DC should talk to each other and figure it out. Reading both rules it seems that teams from Tyler or Wichita Falls are SOL.

They already have talked...the DC qualifier rules you are reading are for metro area teams...Teams from out of metro area, qualify as non-metro area teams...There is effectively no rules for non-metro area team, it is up to the DC. They have given a few guidelines...teams that won national last year are automatically extended an invitation, and faily recently added...teams that make it to the final in one of the DC qualifiers.

love_your_refs
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 10/30/2012, 5:17 pm

As I said East Texas Premier is SOL since they are NOT a metro Team and NOT a Non North Texas State Association team.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 10/30/2012, 6:06 pm

Again, we were told that if we played and won...that we would get an automatic invite.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by futbolfiend 10/30/2012, 7:18 pm

The German wrote:As I said East Texas Premier is SOL since they are NOT a metro Team and NOT a Non North Texas State Association team.

thats not how I read it just that ETX would have to win outright. If they were non North Texas being a finalist would do.

also why would a CL team that has already quaified for the DC be placed in the qualifying bracket

is it possible they are waiting to seed until Got Soccer can add some points for Fall CL play and boost some metro teams?

certain links on the TEXANS website are not working so I am absolutely certain the tournament director is aware of the brewing controversy it would be nice if they came out with some clarification.

Its starting to smell a little funny

futbolfiend
futbolfiend
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by toffeemate 10/30/2012, 8:58 pm

2012 Dallas Texans Fall Festival Rules
11. The DTSC Fall Festival is a Qualifying Tournament for the 2013 Dr. Pepper Dallas Cup XXXIV. The Winners of each age group Boys U13, Boys U14, Boys U15 and Boys U16 plus any Non North Texas State Association team that is a finalist in those age groups will get automatic entry to the 2013 Dallas Cup XXXIV in those age groups.

If your manager has any questions, have your manager contact the tournament director... Its pretty simple

toffeemate
toffeemate
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 10/30/2012, 9:00 pm

The problem is they are North Texas but not Metro so neither of the 2 will work. IMO. It seems that there is some confusion, propably I'm confused. I hope it all works out for everybody.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by toffeemate 10/30/2012, 9:05 pm

The German wrote:The problem is they are North Texas but not Metro so neither of the 2 will work. IMO. It seems that there is some confusion, propably I'm confused. I hope it all works out for everybody.

If your manager has any questions, have your manager contact the tournament director...
toffeemate
toffeemate
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next