Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

State of N Texas soccer - Page 10 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

State of N Texas soccer

+53
Rooneyhasplugs
Rightback
silvanos
NTskeptic
THE NEEDLE
score?
99gambare
Godzilla
soccer23
pass2space
AND!
go98not99
eagle
What?
USoccer
debit
Soccerinsanity
starbuck
gpoo
onetenguy
BTMason
Aswan
chriswhit
soccerrus2
finish1
Bagman00
studsup
Turftoe96
True10
omega striker
twotone
The German
rip
Tequilapark
rantnrave
Soccernovice
my2cents
Axxman
FlatBack4
regulator
posterbored
clueless
Freeatlast
forbin
afrankw
Ibystander
Hail Celtic!
plantit
socmom3
mrclean
happyfeet
CLUB31
go99
57 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

State of N Texas soccer - Page 10 Empty Re: State of N Texas soccer

Post by finish1 10/29/2010, 3:28 pm

Zilla girl you call out parents and their children. Read your posts. Tell you what, I challenge you to pk's. Golden Toe vs Lizard Breath. You know where I will be tonight. I think you are all smoke and no fire. A faux champ like your new buddy Charles Barkley. Bring it on right now or STFU! Wimp!

finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerrus2 10/29/2010, 3:31 pm

Wow its like the old DMN days before the moderator kicked us all off and TM was born....good times....carry on!

soccerrus2
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Godzilla 10/29/2010, 3:38 pm

finish1 wrote:Zilla girl you call out parents and their children. Read your posts. Tell you what, I challenge you to pk's. Golden Toe vs Lizard Breath. You know where I will be tonight. I think you are all smoke and no fire. A faux champ like your new buddy Charles Barkley. Bring it on right now or STFU! Wimp!

Only calling out wanna be parents like You and friend Go. If Zilla stack Finish on top of GO, still can't reach crossbar, how stopping Zilla goalsssssssssssssssssssssssss? Maybe golden toe in peewee overseas league, and you haven't grown since. Scotch must keep Fin in permanent delusional state.

Godzilla
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 10/29/2010, 3:40 pm

Godzilla wrote:Eagle one no wrong, don't inhale peace pipe. GO99 & GO98not99 are one in same. Both think they smart and witty, and both need help at all-you-can-eat salad bar. Friend Omega, mean Gambare only vouching for friend coming out of cupboard.

Soccer23, Zilla like funny compliment. Making believer from you soon. No share in What humor.
I am afraid to ask but what does the salad bar have to do with anything?
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 10/29/2010, 3:44 pm

HA HA. Knew when push came to shove you would be a coward! That's why you hide! Laughing in your face...Razz
finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/29/2010, 3:49 pm

eagle wrote:
Godzilla wrote:Eagle one no wrong, don't inhale peace pipe. GO99 & GO98not99 are one in same. Both think they smart and witty, and both need help at all-you-can-eat salad bar. Friend Omega, mean Gambare only vouching for friend coming out of cupboard.

Soccer23, Zilla like funny compliment. Making believer from you soon. No share in What humor.
I think he was calling me fat Sad . I prefer to think of myself as more husky or chubby maybe. Then he called me short too Sad Sad I would say more vertically challenged than short.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by score? 10/29/2010, 4:25 pm

Zilla girl you call out parents and their children. Read your posts. Tell you what, I challenge you to pk's. Golden Toe vs Lizard Breath. You know where I will be tonight. I think you are "all smoke and no fire". A faux champ like your new buddy Charles Barkley. Bring it on right now or STFU! Wimp!

wooooooooooooooooooooooooo
LMFAO....score? was here

score?
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 10/29/2010, 5:36 pm

wtf gochillawhat?ratfink got nutchecked and now we all know it's got no nuts to check???? lol!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/29/2010, 7:13 pm

go99 wrote:oh hey gambare good to see you on. G98N99 is way wittier than me, he is on that plantit level. but I agree with you gambare I don't know about all this muliple identities stuff. Is that even possible? I mean who would do such a thing. Suspect Create mutiple personalities just so they can come on and say mean things about people and their children instead of taking the personal greivences directly to the source Evil or Very Mad. Naw, I'm not buying it, doesn't happen Smile

Go you are giving me a run for my money , mocking these rookies. How bout STOP66 as your next alias? dig-it. oh wait thats what may be my next name . DIG-IT kind of has a nice ring to it..
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/29/2010, 7:16 pm

go99 wrote:
eagle wrote:

I think he was calling me fat Sad . I prefer to think of myself as more husky or chubby maybe. Then he called me short too Sad Sad I would say more vertically challenged than short.

Mabey Zilla has salad on brain due to all the salads he's tossed.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by AND! 10/30/2010, 9:43 am

plantit wrote:
AND! wrote: My son's team played against top youth academy teams in Europe this spring. The one thing that was evident was the big gap in skill level. They represented well only because they were big, fast, and strong. That will not last long tho. AGAIN. N. Texas and the rest of the US have the same problem......Money. Soccer in the US MAY not get as competitive as the rest of the world because profits are the driving factor to the sport. Why are the most expensive football cleats 130 and the most expensive soccer cleats are 400 from the same company? The market. Nike, Addidas, etc. could put nice Futsal fields on every public park in the country, fund public schools to have soccer as PE on "nike" Futsal fields starting in elementary Public schools. But that would hurt the cash flow in the short term, because as soccer becomes mainstream, "some" players will be pushed out of the sport like in basketball and football. These are the players that will buy the $400 cleats. There are many more examples, bottom line, there is to much money in Suburb soccer. So you might as well get what you can for as long as you can. That's why Beckham is making almost 50 million a year. LOL

According to NTX rules. Academy teams cannot travel ....... Blow hard.. Any more B.S you care to share?? unless they are older Academy teams. Beckham makes 50 mill cuzz he is a marketable name , bangs victoria, and has model looks.

People like Plantit who cant take the truth tryiess to start name calling to get you to shut up. It doesnt work. Who did "you" say started calling names again? Biased i'll say. LOL I love it tho, keep it coming.
AND!
AND!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AND! 10/30/2010, 10:00 am

FlatBack4 wrote:
AND! wrote: My son's team played against top youth academy teams in Europe this spring. The one thing that was evident was the big gap in skill level. They represented well only because they were big, fast, and strong. That will not last long tho. AGAIN. N. Texas and the rest of the US have the same problem......Money. Soccer in the US MAY not get as competitive as the rest of the world because profits are the driving factor to the sport. Why are the most expensive football cleats 130 and the most expensive soccer cleats are 400 from the same company? The market. Nike, Addidas, etc. could put nice Futsal fields on every public park in the country, fund public schools to have soccer as PE on "nike" Futsal fields starting in elementary Public schools. But that would hurt the cash flow in the short term, because as soccer becomes mainstream, "some" players will be pushed out of the sport like in basketball and football. These are the players that will buy the $400 cleats. There are many more examples, bottom line, there is to much money in Suburb soccer. So you might as well get what you can for as long as you can. That's why Beckham is making almost 50 million a year. LOL

That's what I thought all along. Your son's team sucks.

If you really look at the post you would have seen that FATBACK4 is the one that started talking about kids and their teams. I only was making a point that the level of money to be made is one problem with soccer in the US. I THINK some people MAY take "Suburb soccer" to mean WHITE rich kid soccer, so it makes them mad. NO it doesn't. There are many blacks, Latinos, etc. in the suburbs also. What i am saying is that maybe the suburb kids don't get the "Free to dribble" environment that kids in the, lets say, trailer park, like Clint Dempsy did. Or they do other things than just play soccer. Hey, My son and daughter are Suburb kids, so i try my best to get them that type of environment on a regular basis.
Don't Hate-Motivate.

FATBACK4 why would your let you kid grow up to be a kickballer? Sad....
I am the true And 1, can't you tell from my grammar/spelling? LOL
AND!
AND!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 10/30/2010, 8:56 pm

AND! wrote:
plantit wrote:

According to NTX rules. Academy teams cannot travel ....... Blow hard.. Any more B.S you care to share?? unless they are older Academy teams. Beckham makes 50 mill cuzz he is a marketable name , bangs victoria, and has model looks.

People like Plantit who cant take the truth tryiess to start name calling to get you to shut up. It doesnt work. Who did "you" say started calling names again? Biased i'll say. LOL I love it tho, keep it coming.

Who's name calling? I can't help it that you're full of $hit.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by THE NEEDLE 10/30/2010, 11:02 pm

AND! wrote:
plantit wrote:

That is the same thing your wife said to me last night. bom
THE NEEDLE
THE NEEDLE
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by AND! 10/30/2010, 11:45 pm

plantit wrote:
AND! wrote:
plantit wrote:

Who's name calling? I can't help it that you're full of $hit.

Wow, no one said anything about how i spelled "TRYIESS", These forums are getting soft.
AND!
AND!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by NTskeptic 5/25/2011, 10:54 pm

Let's see FC Dallas pays for.......EVERYTHING and the parents have to do.........nothing but drop the player off and pick them up from Academy practice. It is not about development; it is about money. It is all about money and winning. Now it is being forced down to the younger kids by USSF. And let's not talk about the residency the Texans and FC Dallas are planning and doing.
NTskeptic
NTskeptic
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

State of N Texas soccer - Page 10 Empty State of NTX soccer

Post by silvanos 8/29/2012, 9:03 am

In the ROW soccer is the number one sport, every other sport is a distant second. 90% of the kids play soccer and that is it. When a kid was bored, they grabbed a soccer ball. So, in these places where it is the national sport, they have a huge talent pool to choose from. Our talent pool goes to football, baseball and basketball.

I am relatively new to club soccer. With that said, at the club level, in the ROW, practices are 5 to 6 days a week 3 to 4 hours a day. From what I see here, most clubs practice 2 times a week 1.5 to 2 hours per day.

In NTX, the majority of the teams are not playing the same style soccer as in Europe. Many of the coaches here, rely on speed and size. When the kids get older, the athletic ability and size of the kids tends to level out, but the skills required to play a possession game were not acquired by the kids. So, when we compete nationally, or internationally at the older age groups the North Texas kids don't stand a chance.

Nobody is born with the ability to play a sport, the ability is developed, nurtured and competitively developed through hours, day, months and years of training. Technique is coached and needs to be practiced daily. All the top players in the world practiced/played every day for hours a day, since they were 5.

Soccer is the cheapest sport to play, that is why it is so popular in the world. All you need is a semi soft, semi round object and you can play. You don't even need grass!!! If we want to improve the state of NTX soccer get the kids out to play a game. Its better than video games or TV!!

silvanos
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rightback 8/29/2012, 3:48 pm

silvanos wrote:In the ROW soccer is the number one sport, every other sport is a distant second. 90% of the kids play soccer and that is it. When a kid was bored, they grabbed a soccer ball. So, in these places where it is the national sport, they have a huge talent pool to choose from. Our talent pool goes to football, baseball and basketball.

I am relatively new to club soccer. With that said, at the club level, in the ROW, practices are 5 to 6 days a week 3 to 4 hours a day. From what I see here, most clubs practice 2 times a week 1.5 to 2 hours per day.

In NTX, the majority of the teams are not playing the same style soccer as in Europe. Many of the coaches here, rely on speed and size. When the kids get older, the athletic ability and size of the kids tends to level out, but the skills required to play a possession game were not acquired by the kids. So, when we compete nationally, or internationally at the older age groups the North Texas kids don't stand a chance.

Nobody is born with the ability to play a sport, the ability is developed, nurtured and competitively developed through hours, day, months and years of training. Technique is coached and needs to be practiced daily. All the top players in the world practiced/played every day for hours a day, since they were 5.

Soccer is the cheapest sport to play, that is why it is so popular in the world. All you need is a semi soft, semi round object and you can play. You don't even need grass!!! If we want to improve the state of NTX soccer get the kids out to play a game. Its better than video games or TV!!

your point is well taken, but the key point is this...they need to practice on their own with their friends. There is too much emphasis on structured / coached play...too much structure on play only to win a structured match. We have ruled in basketball at least in part because we play a lot of unstructured games that encourage creativity...

Rightback
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/29/2012, 5:50 pm

silvanos wrote:In the ROW soccer is the number one sport, every other sport is a distant second. 90% of the kids play soccer and that is it. When a kid was bored, they grabbed a soccer ball. So, in these places where it is the national sport, they have a huge talent pool to choose from. Our talent pool goes to football, baseball and basketball.

Yeah and everyday to go to school I walked 10 miles in the snow , uphill both ways. Laughing

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 8/29/2012, 7:47 pm

my2cents wrote:

Yeah and everyday to go to school I walked 10 miles in the snow , uphill both ways. Laughing

Assuming you are serious, I know a couple of kids that do exactly what he is saying. They are very good and will play collegiately in a couple of years. If they were not in school they were playing soccer, particularly as they moved out of kids academy and into the select/pre academy/academy stuff. Several hours a day every day. The best players put in the hours, internationally at least and I would imagine some do it here too. My son had one kid on his team that played with him in a competitive league and on off days in non sanctioned stuff leagues anywhere he could get in some time. He is now playing with the top team in classic D1 and gets plenty of playing time. He has a bright future but he plays many hours a week and has since I first saw him playing u8. The best put in the hours.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 8/29/2012, 7:50 pm

Rightback wrote:

your point is well taken, but the key point is this...they need to practice on their own with their friends. There is too much emphasis on structured / coached play...too much structure on play only to win a structured match. We have ruled in basketball at least in part because we play a lot of unstructured games that encourage creativity...

I cant speak for him but he may be suggesting what you are saying although calling it practice. I think he is dead on with what he is saying and believe you are correct also. Meeting up in a field, picking sides and playing for hours on weekends we didn't have games was something I did growing up. It makes a world of difference in your game.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 8/29/2012, 10:19 pm

Rooneyhasplugs wrote:
my2cents wrote:

Assuming you are serious, I know a couple of kids that do exactly what he is saying. They are very good and will play collegiately in a couple of years. If they were not in school they were playing soccer, particularly as they moved out of kids academy and into the select/pre academy/academy stuff. Several hours a day every day. The best players put in the hours, internationally at least and I would imagine some do it here too. My son had one kid on his team that played with him in a competitive league and on off days in non sanctioned stuff leagues anywhere he could get in some time. He is now playing with the top team in classic D1 and gets plenty of playing time. He has a bright future but he plays many hours a week and has since I first saw him playing u8. The best put in the hours.

What you describe is similiar to one of my sons but no one puts in 5 hours EVERY day. They all takes days off and sometimes a few weeks. They do small stuff in the off time, pick up games, indoor get togethers , some backyard work etc. The body of any athlete will not take 5 hours per day of workouts. Pro hoops, football or baseball players do not and did not on their way up work out 5 hours a day. Yes the best do put in the hours but this 5 hours a day every day is a load of crap. Go ahead and try to schedule it into the average HS student's day, On an everyday basis it is simply not feasible.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/30/2012, 8:41 am

my2cents is right. 5 hours every day is totally unrealistic.

For one thing the adolescent body can't handle that much intensity.

The top European academies train anywhere from 6 to as much as 12 hrs a week from U15 and up.

The number of sessions and hours gradually increase from U16-19. (The apprentice professional stage.)

And a good percentage of the hours are spent in nonsoccer specific training. (Speed, strength, agility work, tactical classroom instruction as well as academic/vocational sessions.)

Many of these academies also give the players a break of anywhere from 4-8 weeks per year. That doesn't mean all the players don't touch a ball in those weeks though.

2-3 hrs a day is about all a kid can handle. 5-6 days a week. Excluding game days.

The real issue (NTX and the US in general) is too many games at the expense of training. Very few academy players play more than 40 games a year.

But they all train 4-6 days a week depending on age. Certainly not 5 hrs a day.

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AllPaoTeam 8/19/2013, 2:37 pm

I'm truely new to Select soccer and especially NTX Select soccer since I've only been in TX for 6 years. Being a former MN residence for over 30 years, I love just about everything that TX has to offer. The one thing I never understood was about the park system and sports fields here in Dallas/FW areas.

In MN, there are few or no private parks, all parks are public for anyone to use. All school sports facilities except for private schools are free for anyone to use. Here is NTX, it looks like even all the public schools lock up their stadiums and tennis courts ,etc. There are very few public schools that are open to the public to use. Just about every soccer field I see are Club owned or own by some entity that wont let you use. Everything seems to be about money.

As in regards to Soccer, could someone give me a quick history lesson of Soccer in NTX? Why isnt Soccer treated like the other sports, where u start playing in school and the top lvl being High School Varsity? Why are supposely all the best Soccer players in Club play rather than High School players? Why is Soccer the only sport that deviates from all the other sports when it comes to college recruiting going to the schools rather clubs for players?

Thanks for reading and anyone who responds, I really appreciate it.... Sorry if Im off topic, but I think it kinda ties into this whole conversation... I think if we have free soccer complexes or soccer parks, then all kids can go out and play or scrimmage without having the pressure and can develop their skills based on the love of the game.
AllPaoTeam
AllPaoTeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 8/19/2013, 2:43 pm

Because soccer is such a "latecomer" to the high school sports world. Texas was always dominated by American football, and baseball as the Spring sport.

Soccer became a big sport through clubs here and only relatively recently was picked up by high schools. Within the last 5 years, middle schools are starting to have teams but even some of the major power house soccer high schools still don't have it.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by AllPaoTeam 8/19/2013, 2:53 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Because soccer is such a "latecomer" to the high school sports world. Texas was always dominated by American football, and baseball as the Spring sport.  

Soccer became a big sport through clubs here and only relatively recently was picked up by high schools.  Within the last 5 years, middle schools are starting to have teams but even some of the major power house soccer high schools still don't have it.  
I see.... MN could be changing to that too, Im not sure but when I was in school... Our best soccer players were in schools and were recruited thru HS. But then again thats probably before Club Soccer became big, I graduated in 1991.

Funny story, when I 1st got to Texas, I saw some nice soccer fields with some people playing on a couple of the other fields so I took my family to play a little family game and was kicked off the field because it belonged to a club team. There were no fences or anything but a few small signs stating that it was for Club use only. We didn't see the signs, I just assume anyone could use it because I was so used to public parks in MN.
AllPaoTeam
AllPaoTeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next