Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

State of N Texas soccer - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

State of N Texas soccer

+53
Rooneyhasplugs
Rightback
silvanos
NTskeptic
THE NEEDLE
score?
99gambare
Godzilla
soccer23
pass2space
AND!
go98not99
eagle
What?
USoccer
debit
Soccerinsanity
starbuck
gpoo
onetenguy
BTMason
Aswan
chriswhit
soccerrus2
finish1
Bagman00
studsup
Turftoe96
True10
omega striker
twotone
The German
rip
Tequilapark
rantnrave
Soccernovice
my2cents
Axxman
FlatBack4
regulator
posterbored
clueless
Freeatlast
forbin
afrankw
Ibystander
Hail Celtic!
plantit
socmom3
mrclean
happyfeet
CLUB31
go99
57 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

State of N Texas soccer - Page 2 Empty Re: State of N Texas soccer

Post by go99 11/19/2009, 12:39 pm

Had a chance to play against a 99 team from columbia. The individual skill of all the players on that team and their understanding of soccer was well beyond anything we have here. They would probably not even be able to stay in D1 here now, but by the time it actually matters our kids will not be able to stand on the same field. BTW I think everyones passing is poor just to different degrees. It's not only technique but also and understanding of the "whens and wheres" plus the movement.

go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

State of N Texas soccer - Page 2 Empty Development

Post by Soccernovice 11/19/2009, 12:44 pm

I find it interesting to look at the big changes taking place in the Classic League now the academy teams have been implemented and underway several years now. FC Dallas is leading the academy leagues. Texans, Andromeda, and Solar are further down in the standings.

At U-16 in above, other clubs are starting to be in top 3 spots of Classic League like Texas Longhorns Soccer Club winning DI Grand Champions at U-17 and now U19. Texas Football Club and Texas Longhorns in top 4 at U-16, DFW Tejanos in top 3 at U17. Texans Red finishes 9th in DI in U-19 while being in Premier League.

At U-18/19 Texans are no longer leading academy league or classic league. Dallas Texans are in 8th place in Texas Division.

It is pretty interesting to see the balance of power shifting over time looks like FC Dallas is top club in Academy League at U16 and U18.
Soccernovice
Soccernovice
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by regulator 11/19/2009, 12:54 pm

my2cents wrote:
regulator wrote:You may want check there are 4 95B players from NTX in National team pool.

Only two made the regional pool so I can't see how that turned into four on the national team.

Trust me, there are 4 in National pool 1 from Solar red 2 from FC juniors & 1 from Chivas.

regulator
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/19/2009, 1:16 pm

FCD certianly has the best opportunity to take the lead on development but seem to fall short at every chance for real change.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 11/19/2009, 2:09 pm

regulator wrote:
my2cents wrote:
regulator wrote:You may want check there are 4 95B players from NTX in National team pool.

Only two made the regional pool so I can't see how that turned into four on the national team.
I was literally there when the regional team pool was announced. I am not disagreeing but honestly asking how did they get there if not thru the ODP 95 boys regionals?

Trust me, there are 4 in National pool 1 from Solar red 2 from FC juniors & 1 from Chivas.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 11/19/2009, 2:26 pm

go99 wrote:FCD certianly has the best opportunity to take the lead on development but seem to fall short at every chance for real change.
go99,
It seems you take every opportunity to bash FCD when given the chance. If I'm not mistaken your son plays there? If so, why? Please explain.

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/19/2009, 3:12 pm

You definately misunderstand me. I am an equal opportunity basher. I think all of the clubs have and continue to fail. To me FCD's failure is the worst because of the opportunities they have to push forward change. The changes that have taken place in England were pushed from the professional club level.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 11/19/2009, 4:26 pm

Love the enthusiasm...However, you people are so pathetic...how many times do I have to say it. Enjoy your kids competing now and let them have fun. Their talent will take them to the next level not your bitching about North Texas or Western Pennsylvania soccer. Get a life......Who is going to win the Texan touranment?

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 11/19/2009, 6:08 pm

CLUB31 wrote:Love the enthusiasm...However, you people are so pathetic...how many times do I have to say it. Enjoy your kids competing now and let them have fun. Their talent will take them to the next level not your bitching about North Texas or Western Pennsylvania soccer. Get a life......Who is going to win the Texan touranment?
If we had a life, we wouldn't be on this board! Now go find yours. State of N Texas soccer - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/19/2009, 7:38 pm

CLUB31 wrote:Love the enthusiasm...However, you people are so pathetic...how many times do I have to say it. Enjoy your kids competing now and let them have fun. Their talent will take them to the next level not your bitching about North Texas or Western Pennsylvania soccer. Get a life......Who is going to win the Texan touranment?
just because you keep saying it doesn't mean that you are right. Talent is ruined everyday and just ingnoring the problem and enjoying it like we have in the past isn't going to bring any different results. Take a look at any information going around about soccer and they all seem to suggest that you are the pathetic one.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 11/19/2009, 8:14 pm

You and those like you keep making a fool of yourselves. Most of the people that read these boards agree with me. The reason I know this is because most people are not looking down the U17 road when their kid is a U11 .. IDIOTS!
Again..enjoy your kid now. The a fact is he probably won't be playing in your NFL/MLS/ dreams. Why do I keep posting the obvious. Why don't you just take your kid overseas and put him in some 3rd world country fun/playground league!

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/19/2009, 8:43 pm

Because then our national teams will still suck. They are mediocre at the national level because we produce mediocre players. It's not about my kid, it's about the sport of soccer in america. Funny thing is as I see the national rankings of players, special trainings and leagues of football, basketball, and baseball I don't see that same call for parents to just watch and enjoy. You almost sound like a coach or someone with a vested financial interest with the "just pay your money, shut up, and watch your kids" Don't be so sure about that most people statement and that still doesn't make it correct. Look at any succesful national program, and it is being done at a youth level much different than ours. All of those 3rd world countries like England, Germany, Netherlands, and Italy.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 11/19/2009, 9:04 pm

go99 wrote:Because then our national teams will still suck. They are mediocre at the national level because we produce mediocre players. It's not about my kid, it's about the sport of soccer in america. Funny thing is as I see the national rankings of players, special trainings and leagues of football, basketball, and baseball I don't see that same call for parents to just watch and enjoy. You almost sound like a coach or someone with a vested financial interest with the "just pay your money, shut up, and watch your kids" Don't be so sure about that most people statement and that still doesn't make it correct. Look at any succesful national program, and it is being done at a youth level much different than ours. All of those 3rd world countries like England, Germany, Netherlands, and Italy.

3rd world countries like England, Germany, Netherlands and Italy? Those are not 3rd world countries!
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 11/19/2009, 9:15 pm

I'm for sure not a coach. I just think you guys think the kids should play like the pros at age 10/11. Let'em grow a lillte and then see what you have. They are still watching cartoons(at least mine is) and there is plenty of time for development. Let them learn how to compete against the best at their age and it will all happen in due time.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/19/2009, 9:45 pm

Wouah what a great question ! Well, I am afraid I go with Go99. Here is my take: I think (yeah yeah that's just an opinion) that classic league sucks and limits the development of the kids. Kids are stuck with their 19 games a year (19 a year, come on, you got to be kidding !Where do we learn ?) with big pressure each time they play which inhibits the necessary creativity. The kids are stuck with their teams and their rosters even though everybody knows that theses rosters are bound to change. They can't play pick up games, can't guest, can't play with friends that they may have in other teams. They are 11 years old and are following rules intended for adults. Ah the good feeling of hearing "you can't do that, it is the company policy". Great when you are 11 !On top of that the clubs and the coaches need to recruit for financial issues which means that in fact they are willing to get any kids willing to pay. Consequence of that : all the teams are very very average with all kind of clowns playing. I remember moving away from rec; I remember being afraid to bring my kid to a select team. Select ? What a joke! The selection is just the money you are willing to put in. Who is recruiting ? Who is scouting great players in order to offer them place in their roster ? Nobody. There is no coach going to rec games hoping to see a talent. The only thing they do is wait for daddy and mommy to show up with 2500$. My opinion ? Classic league sucks. Now that's all we have, so yes I am putting up with it and play my kid in there hoping he is going to make D1.
And then what ? Should I hope my kid plays in the team that is the first of the north texas soccer association? How ambitious ! What an accomplishment ! Sorry my conclusion is that we are going the wrong direction; the structure of the league does not provide the environment that will create good players. If team USA is not where it should be it is not because of the genetic it is because of the environment.We have to change the structure.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/19/2009, 9:59 pm

CLUB31 wrote:I'm for sure not a coach. I just think you guys think the kids should play like the pros at age 10/11. Let'em grow a lillte and then see what you have. They are still watching cartoons(at least mine is) and there is plenty of time for development. Let them learn how to compete against the best at their age and it will all happen in due time.
Ok then we are not that far off. I don't think they should play like pros at this age. They should learn the game and develop. I contend that they are not developing, but are being taught to compete and win instead of learning to play.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by rip 11/19/2009, 10:42 pm

Tequilapark wrote:3rd world countries like England, Germany, Netherlands and Italy? Those are not 3rd world countries!
You've obviously never been to Italy!
rip
rip
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 11/19/2009, 10:59 pm

go99 wrote:Because then our national teams will still suck. They are mediocre at the national level because we produce mediocre players. It's not about my kid, it's about the sport of soccer in america. Funny thing is as I see the national rankings of players, special trainings and leagues of football, basketball, and baseball I don't see that same call for parents to just watch and enjoy. You almost sound like a coach or someone with a vested financial interest with the "just pay your money, shut up, and watch your kids" Don't be so sure about that most people statement and that still doesn't make it correct. Look at any succesful national program, and it is being done at a youth level much different than ours. All of those 3rd world countries like England, Germany, Netherlands, and Italy.
Alright I bite on a 3rd world country Germany: They compete actually at a much younger age than here in the USA. The League play starts at U9 with promotion and relegation. At U9 & U10 only 7v7 is allowed. Once you go U11 the regions have the option to play also 11v11 but still 7v7 is recommended. From U12 onwards it is always 11v11. The big difference is that soocer is regulated from the top down, meaning the DFB (German Soccer Association) decides the the bylaws for all soccer in Germany. No club can play in a league that is not sanctioned by the German Association. Let's take the Metroplex. In germany you would have 4 regional leagues (east, west, north, south) which would be your D4, from there you have two leagues that take the best of each region.(east/north and south/west) your D3, than the top level in the Metroplex with one league D2. D1 would be what we call the Premier League because we would assume that the soccer in South Texas is as good as in North Texas or Oklahoma. Finally when the boys get older you have the Bundesliga which compares to the Academy league. Another difference. You play your games on the clubs home ground. One game at home one game away like the pros. For the younger ages the home team will supply the referee which usually is somebody from the club - just imagine how the games go sometimes. Enough of a 3rd world country. Good night and sorry for the long post with all the mistakes. State of N Texas soccer - Page 2 Bom
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 11/19/2009, 11:02 pm

Did I mention fees? Average anual fee $120 incl. everything. But that is whole different topic.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 11/19/2009, 11:14 pm

I'm sure there are many schools of thought in terms in soccer development, but I feel one missing component in our country is that kids don't spend enough time just playing for fun. Kids kicking a ball around with their friends and smiles on their faces. I feel that the quickness and creativity of a world class player has a lot to do with genetics and neuromuscular functions that we are still barely beginning to understand. What I do know is that the brain does not function as well under stress. Not only is memory affected but I would argue that so is the brain's ability to process complex motor skills.
I think playing for fun with laughs and smiles is perhaps more effective than training with a skilled coach. Once a player has acquired an adequate level of technical skill and creativity, I think a skilled coach can raise that level. More importantly, advanced players learning how to work together is essential. Again, I see pressure as a slight deterrent. Some pressure is necessary to create game like conditions. But if players are playing like they are afraid of making mistakes, then there is too much pressure.
The reason that some of these kids come from Mexico and other countries with excellent technical skill is that they didn't develop in a system where a few mistakes and you were off the team or being scolded by coaches and parents.
I wished we had more parks with nets and pick up games. It seems like many parks want to charge money for teams to practice or the fields are closed for league play only. Soccer has to be a game for our kids if we want to compete with other countries. More laughs and smiles and greatness will follow.
(Think Jordan, Magic, Isiah Thomas, Ronaldinho- it's the smile)
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by forbin 11/19/2009, 11:51 pm

mrclean wrote:I'm sure there are many schools of thought in terms in soccer development, but I feel one missing component in our country is that kids don't spend enough time just playing for fun. Kids kicking a ball around with their friends and smiles on their faces. I feel that the quickness and creativity of a world class player has a lot to do with genetics and neuromuscular functions that we are still barely beginning to understand. What I do know is that the brain does not function as well under stress. Not only is memory affected but I would argue that so is the brain's ability to process complex motor skills.
I think playing for fun with laughs and smiles is perhaps more effective than training with a skilled coach. Once a player has acquired an adequate level of technical skill and creativity, I think a skilled coach can raise that level. More importantly, advanced players learning how to work together is essential. Again, I see pressure as a slight deterrent. Some pressure is necessary to create game like conditions. But if players are playing like they are afraid of making mistakes, then there is too much pressure.
The reason that some of these kids come from Mexico and other countries with excellent technical skill is that they didn't develop in a system where a few mistakes and you were off the team or being scolded by coaches and parents.
I wished we had more parks with nets and pick up games. It seems like many parks want to charge money for teams to practice or the fields are closed for league play only. Soccer has to be a game for our kids if we want to compete with other countries. More laughs and smiles and greatness will follow.
(Think Jordan, Magic, Isiah Thomas, Ronaldinho- it's the smile)
Preach it Clean. I agree with you on the need for more smiles and laughs. I am all for intense training and teaching, as long as some good times are mixed in. I wonder sometimes how many top level athletes that start out in our soccer system(s) end up getting burned out and go to other sports. Our bb's all know and feel at some point that football, baseball, and basketball are more popular in this country, so why not switch over to them if they are not having fun. Just another perspective - would love to hear additional thoughts on this one.

forbin
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeatlast 11/20/2009, 12:08 am

I sympathize with what gababa said about the play opportunities being too restrictive - I really wish my child could play on rec team locally (play up a year or two) while playing select for a club.

Freeatlast
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by happyfeet 11/20/2009, 7:35 am

gababa wrote:Wouah what a great question ! Well, I am afraid I go with Go99. Here is my take: I think (yeah yeah that's just an opinion) that classic league sucks and limits the development of the kids. Kids are stuck with their 19 games a year (19 a year, come on, you got to be kidding !Where do we learn ?) with big pressure each time they play which inhibits the necessary creativity. The kids are stuck with their teams and their rosters even though everybody knows that theses rosters are bound to change. They can't play pick up games, can't guest, can't play with friends that they may have in other teams. They are 11 years old and are following rules intended for adults. Ah the good feeling of hearing "you can't do that, it is the company policy". Great when you are 11 !On top of that the clubs and the coaches need to recruit for financial issues which means that in fact they are willing to get any kids willing to pay. Consequence of that : all the teams are very very average with all kind of clowns playing. I remember moving away from rec; I remember being afraid to bring my kid to a select team. Select ? What a joke! The selection is just the money you are willing to put in. Who is recruiting ? Who is scouting great players in order to offer them place in their roster ? Nobody. There is no coach going to rec games hoping to see a talent. The only thing they do is wait for daddy and mommy to show up with 2500$. My opinion ? Classic league sucks. Now that's all we have, so yes I am putting up with it and play my kid in there hoping he is going to make D1.
And then what ? Should I hope my kid plays in the team that is the first of the north texas soccer association? How ambitious ! What an accomplishment ! Sorry my conclusion is that we are going the wrong direction; the structure of the league does not provide the environment that will create good players. If team USA is not where it should be it is not because of the genetic it is because of the environment.We have to change the structure.
Most of the restrictions you mention are North Texas related, not the Classic League. As for development, YOU choose where your bb plays. There are clubs/teams that focus on that....albeit, not the majority.
happyfeet
happyfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 11/20/2009, 8:10 am

Lets face it, soccer is not loved in this country like the big three and in fact, it's almost looked down upon by the vast majority. When all the nieghborhood kids call the bb to go play, it's not soccer that is on anyone's mind. When was the last time you saw kids playing soccer at the park for fun. In countries like Germany the system starts from the top down with the long term development in mind, and I'm certain the system is subsidized by the Government or the clubs, thus the $120 fees. You can't blame Classic League or the local clubs for that matter, they are simply trying to make the best out of what they have and make the best possible living at it. Until the US implements a system akin to Germany's or other similar countries, the overall quality of soccer in this country will not change. Unfortunately, you are trying to change culture, and that is not an easy thing. It likely has to start at the club level, and I'm talking about the professional teams. FCD should be an example, but they are no better than the rest of them around here, except for maybe at the later age groups, and by then it's almost too late.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 11/20/2009, 8:35 am

Axxman wrote:Lets face it, soccer is not loved in this country like the big three and in fact, it's almost looked down upon by the vast majority. When all the nieghborhood kids call the bb to go play, it's not soccer that is on anyone's mind. When was the last time you saw kids playing soccer at the park for fun. In countries like Germany the system starts from the top down with the long term development in mind, and I'm certain the system is subsidized by the Government or the clubs, thus the $120 fees. You can't blame Classic League or the local clubs for that matter, they are simply trying to make the best out of what they have and make the best possible living at it. Until the US implements a system akin to Germany's or other similar countries, the overall quality of soccer in this country will not change. Unfortunately, you are trying to change culture, and that is not an easy thing. It likely has to start at the club level, and I'm talking about the professional teams. FCD should be an example, but they are no better than the rest of them around here, except for maybe at the later age groups, and by then it's almost too late.
Axxman I agree with you. The finance comes from sponsors. Even the smallest club has the local car dealer, contruction company or whatever that spends thousands every year to support that club. All clubs are basically a mixed club meaning adult and youth. In most cases some of the adult players of the club are the coaches for the youth teams therefore usually the clubs have max 2 teams in the lower age groups and one when it comes to the older ones. Unfortunately you can't just take one system and implement it in the US because it must be specific to the culture and the soccer culture in the US is different than anywhere else due to all the other sports.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/20/2009, 8:42 am

Axxman wrote:Lets face it, soccer is not loved in this country like the big three and in fact, it's almost looked down upon by the vast majority. When all the nieghborhood kids call the bb to go play, it's not soccer that is on anyone's mind. When was the last time you saw kids playing soccer at the park for fun. In countries like Germany the system starts from the top down with the long term development in mind, and I'm certain the system is subsidized by the Government or the clubs, thus the $120 fees. You can't blame Classic League or the local clubs for that matter, they are simply trying to make the best out of what they have and make the best possible living at it. Until the US implements a system akin to Germany's or other similar countries, the overall quality of soccer in this country will not change. Unfortunately, you are trying to change culture, and that is not an easy thing. It likely has to start at the club level, and I'm talking about the professional teams. FCD should be an example, but they are no better than the rest of them around here, except for maybe at the later age groups, and by then it's almost too late.
State of N Texas soccer - Page 2 Icon_cheers That's why I like the Axx Mann. You hit one of my major thoughts. FCD should be an example, but are no better than the rest. The juniors program is great but most people will tell you that the foundation of a soccer player is set by the time he is 14.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next