Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

State of N Texas soccer - Page 11 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

State of N Texas soccer

+53
Rooneyhasplugs
Rightback
silvanos
NTskeptic
THE NEEDLE
score?
99gambare
Godzilla
soccer23
pass2space
AND!
go98not99
eagle
What?
USoccer
debit
Soccerinsanity
starbuck
gpoo
onetenguy
BTMason
Aswan
chriswhit
soccerrus2
finish1
Bagman00
studsup
Turftoe96
True10
omega striker
twotone
The German
rip
Tequilapark
rantnrave
Soccernovice
my2cents
Axxman
FlatBack4
regulator
posterbored
clueless
Freeatlast
forbin
afrankw
Ibystander
Hail Celtic!
plantit
socmom3
mrclean
happyfeet
CLUB31
go99
57 posters

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Go down

State of N Texas soccer - Page 11 Empty Re: State of N Texas soccer

Post by AllPaoTeam 8/19/2013, 2:53 pm

Soccerinsanity wrote:Because soccer is such a "latecomer" to the high school sports world. Texas was always dominated by American football, and baseball as the Spring sport.  

Soccer became a big sport through clubs here and only relatively recently was picked up by high schools.  Within the last 5 years, middle schools are starting to have teams but even some of the major power house soccer high schools still don't have it.  
I see.... MN could be changing to that too, Im not sure but when I was in school... Our best soccer players were in schools and were recruited thru HS. But then again thats probably before Club Soccer became big, I graduated in 1991.

Funny story, when I 1st got to Texas, I saw some nice soccer fields with some people playing on a couple of the other fields so I took my family to play a little family game and was kicked off the field because it belonged to a club team. There were no fences or anything but a few small signs stating that it was for Club use only. We didn't see the signs, I just assume anyone could use it because I was so used to public parks in MN.

AllPaoTeam
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Bboys 8/19/2013, 3:44 pm

Saying that soccer is a late comer and Football is king is a nice way of saying that soccer has yet to break the good 'ol boy network in Texas.
In Texas we force our middle school kids to play football even if they do not like it or are not suited to play.
We create A-Team, B-Team, C-Team and some kids never see the field, but they are dressed out and flood the stadiums.
If your bb does not play football, then he is treated like an outcast and gets to run during athletics, while the coaches pay no attention to him.

I see kids in the off-season go from soccer, where they are good players to baseball because they don't like to run? Baseball, the only sport where you can eat a bag of chips, donuts, drink a soda and still turn in a good practice performance. And we wonder why our kids are obese, its because as parents we have accepted this behavior.

Bottom line is that administrators have not figured out a good way to make money off of soccer in the schools because the majority of people in the south are old school and have not accepted the game. Therefore they do not show up for the games and there is no revenue stream.

However we can fund Cross Country, Track, Basketball, Tennis, Volleyball & Gymnastics in Middle school.

Until Texans start to open their minds to the fact that Soccer is a beautiful game to watch and play, things will not change here.

It also does not help that D1 schools in the Big 12 and SEC do not play soccer. East and West coast is the hot bed for big time college soccer.

Bboys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Laimport 8/19/2013, 4:59 pm

Bboys wrote:Saying that soccer is a late comer and Football is king is a nice way of saying that soccer has yet to break the good 'ol boy network in Texas.
In Texas we force our middle school kids to play football even if they do not like it or are not suited to play.
We create A-Team, B-Team, C-Team and some kids never see the field, but they are dressed out and flood the stadiums.
If your bb does not play football, then he is treated like an outcast and gets to run during athletics, while the coaches pay no attention to him.

I see kids in the off-season go from soccer, where they are good players to baseball because they don't like to run?  Baseball, the only sport where you can eat a bag of chips, donuts, drink a soda and still turn in a good practice performance.  And we wonder why our kids are obese, its because as parents we have accepted this behavior.

Bottom line is that administrators have not figured out a good way to make money off of soccer in the schools because the majority of people in the south are old school and have not accepted the game.  Therefore they do not show up for the games and there is no revenue stream.

However we can fund Cross Country, Track, Basketball, Tennis, Volleyball & Gymnastics in Middle school.  

Until Texans start to open their minds to the fact that Soccer is a beautiful game to watch and play, things will not change here.

It also does not help that D1 schools in the Big 12 and SEC do not play soccer.  East and West coast is the hot bed for big time college soccer.
All valid points. Which is why I totally boycott throwball. And frankly, a game that lasts 3-4 hrs with about 15 actual minutes of action is...boring.

baseball? Don't get me started.

Basically what needs to happen is that the club structure needs to reinvent itself. Learn how to market itself and get sponsorships. As of now it is completely funded by parents. Make it less expensive. Especially for the better players.

Correctly identify the best players and put them into true academies. Completely free and offer decent academics. (MLS and certainly the lower leagues are nowhere near ready/capable to do this. USSF needs to take over...after all they have the most to gain.)

Keep it local. More like (God forgive me) youth league baseball. If a kid is really dominant as an 11 yr old, then let him play up with 12 and even 13 yr olds. At the grassroots level, come up with more indoor/pickup/futsal opportunities that are affordable and accessible. (City parks and rec leagues anyone?)

Picking the top 18 11yr olds, placing them on a team roster and having them compete in do-or-die promotion/relegation leagues against similarly stacked teams ain't the answer folks.

If that was the answer (more competition/national championships, etc.) then we would be seeing more and more Americans playing for Champions League teams...in the knockout rounds.

Yeah, it's getting better...but we are still underachieving.

Let them just play. A LOT! Get them to love the game first...not worry about scholarships and pro contracts. Let alone a U11 state title...

Laimport
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 8/19/2013, 5:22 pm

Laimport wrote:
Bboys wrote:Saying that soccer is a late comer and Football is king is a nice way of saying that soccer has yet to break the good 'ol boy network in Texas.

I see kids in the off-season go from soccer, where they are good players to baseball because they don't like to run?  Baseball, the only sport where you can eat a bag of chips, donuts, drink a soda and still turn in a good practice performance.  And we wonder why our kids are obese, its because as parents we have accepted this behavior.

Bottom line is that administrators have not figured out a good way to make money off of soccer in the schools because the majority of people in the south are old school and have not accepted the game.  Therefore they do not show up for the games and there is no revenue stream.

It also does not help that D1 schools in the Big 12 and SEC do not play soccer.  East and West coast is the hot bed for big time college soccer.
All valid points. Which is why I totally boycott throwball. And frankly, a game that lasts 3-4 hrs with about 15 actual minutes of action is...boring.

baseball? Don't get me started.

Basically what needs to happen is that the club structure needs to reinvent itself. Learn how to market itself and get sponsorships. As of now it is completely funded by parents. Make it less expensive. Especially for the better players.

Correctly identify the best players and put them into true academies. Completely free and offer decent academics. (MLS and certainly the lower leagues are nowhere near ready/capable to do this. USSF needs to take over...after all they have the most to gain.)

Keep it local. More like (God forgive me) youth league baseball. If a kid is really dominant as an 11 yr old, then let him play up with 12 and even 13 yr olds. At the grassroots level, come up with more indoor/pickup/futsal opportunities that are affordable and accessible. (City parks and rec leagues anyone?)

Picking the top 18 11yr olds, placing them on a team roster and having them compete in do-or-die promotion/relegation leagues against similarly stacked teams ain't the answer folks.

If that was the answer (more competition/national championships, etc.) then we would be seeing more and more Americans playing for Champions League teams...in the knockout rounds.

Yeah, it's getting better...but we are still underachieving.

Let them just play. A LOT! Get them to love the game first...not worry about scholarships and pro contracts. Let alone a U11 state title...

But but but but ..... my kid is the next Ronaldo! Dont believe me, ask his coach.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bboys 8/20/2013, 10:33 am

My kid is not the next Ronaldo, not sure about everyone else and their evaluations of their kid. I am realistic in my approach with my son.
He really just love soccer and wants to play at the highest level possible, which is now D2 Classic league. Hopefully that turns to high school and either a partial scholarship or a walk on opportunity in college.

Where he misses out right now is at the middle school level, because there is no soccer.
I think things will even out more in High School where he can just play soccer only, without the pressure of other sports.
Where I get really ticked off is that the pressure comes from the Coaches to play football in Texas not the kids. There are many kids that are good athletes and do not want to play football, but the pressure at the middle school level is unreal to the point that you are singled out in athletics by the Coaches!
Peer pressure is normal from other kids, but administrators should be ashamed at using it to further their won agendas.

Its funny to me the that the football kids are coddled by the coaches, but when it comes to competing in track and cross country, they suddenly want the soccer kids to come out. They are the only ones that can handle the running because they are the most conditioned athletes.

Bboys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbol_Sala 11/10/2013, 7:19 pm

The old age issue of people thinking that throwing money at the problem is the solution. Nope. You will get more out of playing in the small leagues then developing and then moving on For my money...I'd rather pay where everyone else is on the same level or near the same level as my daughter. From there on it will be up to her to make the best of things. Difficult but not impossible. But, it must be a singular drive to the point of obsession.
Futbol_Sala
Futbol_Sala
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11