Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

State of N Texas soccer - Page 3 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

State of N Texas soccer

+53
Rooneyhasplugs
Rightback
silvanos
NTskeptic
THE NEEDLE
score?
99gambare
Godzilla
soccer23
pass2space
AND!
go98not99
eagle
What?
USoccer
debit
Soccerinsanity
starbuck
gpoo
onetenguy
BTMason
Aswan
chriswhit
soccerrus2
finish1
Bagman00
studsup
Turftoe96
True10
omega striker
twotone
The German
rip
Tequilapark
rantnrave
Soccernovice
my2cents
Axxman
FlatBack4
regulator
posterbored
clueless
Freeatlast
forbin
afrankw
Ibystander
Hail Celtic!
plantit
socmom3
mrclean
happyfeet
CLUB31
go99
57 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

State of N Texas soccer - Page 3 Empty Re: State of N Texas soccer

Post by go99 11/20/2009, 8:42 am

Axxman wrote:Lets face it, soccer is not loved in this country like the big three and in fact, it's almost looked down upon by the vast majority. When all the nieghborhood kids call the bb to go play, it's not soccer that is on anyone's mind. When was the last time you saw kids playing soccer at the park for fun. In countries like Germany the system starts from the top down with the long term development in mind, and I'm certain the system is subsidized by the Government or the clubs, thus the $120 fees. You can't blame Classic League or the local clubs for that matter, they are simply trying to make the best out of what they have and make the best possible living at it. Until the US implements a system akin to Germany's or other similar countries, the overall quality of soccer in this country will not change. Unfortunately, you are trying to change culture, and that is not an easy thing. It likely has to start at the club level, and I'm talking about the professional teams. FCD should be an example, but they are no better than the rest of them around here, except for maybe at the later age groups, and by then it's almost too late.
State of N Texas soccer - Page 3 Icon_cheers That's why I like the Axx Mann. You hit one of my major thoughts. FCD should be an example, but are no better than the rest. The juniors program is great but most people will tell you that the foundation of a soccer player is set by the time he is 14.

go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/20/2009, 8:56 am

It is funny, I really never felt anything negative from anybody about soccer here in the US. I also remember seeing quite a few people (adults) playing soccer outside during barbecue and they were not Mexican, purely wasp type of people. My boys play soccer at school during recess and play soccer at the day care too. I think the will of the kids is there and most of the kids trying soccer seems to be liking it. Rec seems to be an incredible success gathering all kind of kids and parents (I may be wrong but I read somewhere that this is the most popular youth sport in america). The problem is not there; in my opinion the problem starts with those "select" teams. This is the structure burning the kids, killing creativity and emptying parents wallets for no much benefit. Again kids have fun playing rec and looses the fun playing select, the parents are paying loads of money so it is no longer a fun game but something you got to win because daddy doesn't want to waste is $... There in select you end up getting stuck with a roster playing not much game with lots of pressure and no fun whatsoever. And worst of all not much selection because the coaches need the money so no good teams !

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/20/2009, 9:00 am

Also regarding sponsors, look around , all "mexican type" of soccer team have their sponsor. The average rec mexican team gets their uniforms for free. Now the "white" ones and the clubs are not looking for sponsor. And why would they ? they have the parents to pay for their expenses and their salaries. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 11/20/2009, 9:29 am

gababa wrote:It is funny, I really never felt anything negative from anybody about soccer here in the US. I also remember seeing quite a few people (adults) playing soccer outside during barbecue and they were not Mexican, purely wasp type of people. My boys play soccer at school during recess and play soccer at the day care too. I think the will of the kids is there and most of the kids trying soccer seems to be liking it. Rec seems to be an incredible success gathering all kind of kids and parents (I may be wrong but I read somewhere that this is the most popular youth sport in america). The problem is not there; in my opinion the problem starts with those "select" teams. This is the structure burning the kids, killing creativity and emptying parents wallets for no much benefit. Again kids have fun playing rec and looses the fun playing select, the parents are paying loads of money so it is no longer a fun game but something you got to win because daddy doesn't want to waste is $... There in select you end up getting stuck with a roster playing not much game with lots of pressure and no fun whatsoever. And worst of all not much selection because the coaches need the money so no good teams !
You are not looking at the BIG picture.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 11/20/2009, 9:38 am

Axxman wrote:
gababa wrote:It is funny, I really never felt anything negative from anybody about soccer here in the US. I also remember seeing quite a few people (adults) playing soccer outside during barbecue and they were not Mexican, purely wasp type of people. My boys play soccer at school during recess and play soccer at the day care too. I think the will of the kids is there and most of the kids trying soccer seems to be liking it. Rec seems to be an incredible success gathering all kind of kids and parents (I may be wrong but I read somewhere that this is the most popular youth sport in america). The problem is not there; in my opinion the problem starts with those "select" teams. This is the structure burning the kids, killing creativity and emptying parents wallets for no much benefit. Again kids have fun playing rec and looses the fun playing select, the parents are paying loads of money so it is no longer a fun game but something you got to win because daddy doesn't want to waste is $... There in select you end up getting stuck with a roster playing not much game with lots of pressure and no fun whatsoever. And worst of all not much selection because the coaches need the money so no good teams !
AND?
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by CLUB31 11/20/2009, 9:43 am

Gabba- you are right with the pressure on the kids and everything you point out. However, the fact is this is what you have and it's not changing anytime soon. I'm right there with you and wish it could change. But it's not gonna happen. You play select against the best competition or play rec where 75% of the kids are doing it for exercise and your bb would run thru them like they are standing still. He won't get anything out of that. I suppose the other alternative is to leave the country...that sounds a bit extreme.

CLUB31
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/20/2009, 10:01 am

Extreme ?? Guess what, my son (who has no clue) wants to get married with a Brazilian woman in order to play with the brazilian team Smile)Who is extreme here ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 11/20/2009, 10:10 am

Ibystander wrote:
Axxman wrote:
AND?
AND, the system is flawed and it's going to take many many years and alot of effort from many ends to fix, if it's even doable. I know we all know this, it's just that we all have to do a small bit to make a difference hopefully down the road. Not to get off the subject, but the best 99 in the metroplex was brought up with soccer in Germany and aside from having the right physical attributes, there is good reason for it.
I for starters hate the fact that in the town of Plano where I live, there is no soccer system in the schools, especially when sports really start at 6th grade and beyond. By the time you get to 9th grade, you are allowed to try out for the HS (11th/12th grade) team. By that time, most of the kids have quit to play the cooler sports. I'm working on changing that but trust me, it's a steep mountain. I love football and basketball, but until soccer becomes equally as "cool" in our country, we are going to be stuck with what we have.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 11/20/2009, 10:17 am

GO99, looks like you just got moved up to the big time.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/20/2009, 10:44 am

gababa wrote:Extreme ?? Guess what, my son (who has no clue) wants to get married with a Brazilian woman in order to play with the brazilian team Smile)Who is extreme here ?
Lol my son wants to play for Brazil too. I told him it would be a much bigger accomplishment to bring a trophy back to the US. I still don't think he is buying it
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 11/20/2009, 10:51 am

go99 wrote:
gababa wrote:Extreme ?? Guess what, my son (who has no clue) wants to get married with a Brazilian woman in order to play with the brazilian team State of N Texas soccer - Page 3 Icon_smile)Who is extreme here ?
Lol my son wants to play for Brazil too. I told him it would be a much bigger accomplishment to bring a trophy back to the US. I still don't think he is buying it
The biggest pressure in the next years for our 10 year old bbs will be peer pressure. You guys better start picking out their soccer friends for them right now, and find them that Brasilian girlfriend that can keep em motivated.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/20/2009, 10:51 am

The system is broken and as parents we are caught in a tough place. You want them to play with good players, but the drive to win at the club level is too high. It is killing the development, and creativity. It needs to be pushed from the top down. US soccer need a plan in place and then only sanction leagues, clubs and teams that follow that plan. We should ask for more from our coaches and clubs.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/20/2009, 10:57 am

Axxman wrote:
go99 wrote:
gababa wrote:Extreme ?? Guess what, my son (who has no clue) wants to get married with a Brazilian woman in order to play with the brazilian team State of N Texas soccer - Page 3 Icon_smile)Who is extreme here ?
The biggest pressure in the next years for our 10 year old bbs will be peer pressure. You guys better start picking out their soccer friends for them right now, and find them that Brasilian girlfriend that can keep em motivated.
Yes the pressure is already starting with friends wanting him to play football. I definately try to keep him around soccer friends but he at least is really focused on soccer.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/20/2009, 11:44 am

What are you talking about Axxman ??? A brazilian girlfriend for my boy ?You are mistaken if I find a girl from brazil it will be for me. Soccer for him, girlfriend for me. Everybody is happy.

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/20/2009, 2:10 pm

Noooooo!!!!! State of N Texas soccer - Page 3 Icon_sad Tournament cancelled. Someone forgot to tell HN not to allow any rain this weeked. Not to worry all of you 99 followers. Pickup soccer games will be held at Axxmans house. Free of charge, of course. State of N Texas soccer - Page 3 Icon_cheers State of N Texas soccer - Page 3 Icon_cheers State of N Texas soccer - Page 3 Icon_cheers
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/20/2009, 2:18 pm

Don't forget, get there early. The earlier the better I always say State of N Texas soccer - Page 3 Icon_biggrin
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/20/2009, 2:41 pm

I will bring the Scotch I just bought a large bottle of johnnie walker. Perfect in the morning with some coffee...and some soccer. So, Axxman, where do we go ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 11/20/2009, 3:51 pm

I was also looking at the countries qualified for the world cup. Amazingly enough with 4 million 186 licensed player USA has the most people registered. That compares to 1.5 million in Brazil, 2.2 in England, 2 million in France or 300 000 in argentina. So once again it is not a quantity problem but a quality problem. USa has plenty of people (and obviously plenty of potential athletes) playing soccer we just don't know how to create good soccer players... 

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 11/20/2009, 7:07 pm

Back to the original topic, the reason there are more CAs and PAs and FLs on the youth national team rosters is because of the scouting programs in those areas. ODP there is less-expensive and less-politically charged (although its still costs money and still can be political) than NTX. Regional Scouts look for players at the ODP level at those younger age groups. TX kids, the special ones that will become national team players, tend to not play ODP here in NTX. they will get scouted from their club teams because of the lack of competition for college scholarships on the boys side. with only 1 Div 1 college mens soccer program, the really good select players are getting seen nationwide by college scouts, not Regional scouts.
Because of this, NTX kids get seen later in their playing careers. recent examples are Brek Shea, London Woodberry, Dillon Powers, Ruben Luna, Brian Leyva, and before them Lee Nguyen, Omae Gonzalez, Andre Akpan, Jared Jaffrey, etc. Powers started games in the U20 WC after not even being in the player pool until this past season. NTX had a starter in the U17 WC team that played with Latino Americana while he was here. Omar was a late add to the residency program and went to the U20/U17 WC. Same with Lee. Akpan has turned them down to stay at Harvard and finish school. But none of those kids were in camp or residency at 14 (maybe Jeffrey) cuz they were discovered later. Isn't little Emo Hyndman still in Dallas and not in residency or at Newcastle now?

And, for the record, I've been to Brazil several times and the women there ALWAYS keep me motivated........!

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Axxman 11/21/2009, 9:38 am

gababa wrote:I was also looking at the countries qualified for the world cup. Amazingly enough with 4 million 186 licensed player USA has the most people registered. That compares to 1.5 million in Brazil, 2.2 in England, 2 million in France or 300 000 in argentina. So once again it is not a quantity problem but a quality problem. USa has plenty of people (and obviously plenty of potential athletes) playing soccer we just don't know how to create good soccer players...
Sorry amigos, I missed these posts yesterday as I cut out a little early to watch my older one play hoops. You see, he was a nice little left footer who ended up quitting select soccer to play football and basketball much to my chagrin. Peer pressure and coaches won out. The kid is starting for his hs team so it's not a bad thing as I love basketball, but soccer is what my heart pumps. I'm not saying he would have been the next coming, but just like this, how many athletes with serious soccer potential are now playing the other three. Most of the other countries don't have the same competition against soccer like we do. It's simply a cultural thing. When was the last time you flipped through the channels and saw a soccer game going on, or saw a cool soccer oriented bill board, etc. etc. etc. Now head to Brasil or Argentina, or England, Germany, etc. etc. etc. and do the same thing. Kids in those countries are born with different dreams.
Ok, off my soap box. Next time it rains, I'll have you guys over for a little kid soccer, as we enjoy some Caipirinhas and a Pisco Sour or two. Perhaps a little Malbec for your lady friends.

Axxman
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/21/2009, 11:45 am

gababa wrote:I was also looking at the countries qualified for the world cup. Amazingly enough with 4 million 186 licensed player USA has the most people registered. That compares to 1.5 million in Brazil, 2.2 in England, 2 million in France or 300 000 in argentina. So once again it is not a quantity problem but a quality problem. USa has plenty of people (and obviously plenty of potential athletes) playing soccer we just don't know how to create good soccer players...
post like this make the coaches cringe! lol! their are only a hand full of parents that actually know the reality! most of us are all delusional State of N Texas soccer - Page 3 Drunken_smilie
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 11/21/2009, 12:01 pm

omega striker wrote:
post like this make the coaches cringe! lol! their are only a hand full of parents that actually know the reality! most of us are all delusional State of N Texas soccer - Page 3 Drunken_smilie

I agree with the #s . I do believe however that we do posses quality coaches . Alot of them are from the countries of which we speak. Unfortunately they are repressed by a "win now " system that we have created. Money drives the bus ,winning supplies the money. Dempsey polished his game on the playgrounds of East Texas not in classic league.The quality of the system is whats broke . The coaching is just a byproduct of the system . The blame should be laid at the feet of the "fuel" that feeds the system. US!!!
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 11/21/2009, 12:28 pm

plantit wrote:
omega striker wrote:

I agree with the #s . I do believe however that we do posses quality coaches . Alot of them are from the countries of which we speak. Unfortunately they are repressed by a "win now " system that we have created. Money drives the bus ,winning supplies the money. Dempsey polished his game on the playgrounds of East Texas not in classic league.The quality of the system is whats broke . The coaching is just a byproduct of the system . The blame should be laid at the feet of the "fuel" that feeds the system. US!!!
well said but where does all the dinero from US go ??? and with numbers like those mentioned people can't be just blind and say o well especially if we have all these great coaches and leagues early on! or are we just suppose to pay our dues not say a damn thing and be arrogant enough to believe since we pay the highest fees in the country that our BB's and DD's are the best taught and most skilled players in the USA that end up with their last memory of select soccer in NTX at the tender age of 18(at most) with the exception of a few who actually go on to college or pros??? if you ask me it's one expensive pipedream !!! State of N Texas soccer - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 11/21/2009, 2:17 pm

plantit wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Exactly, I think alot of the problem is us. It's a win now system that we pay for and demand. The funny thing is that later we blame everything else for it later when the system fails to produce. I think in large, the soccer athlete is a different player. Barcelona has a basketball team and the sport has some popularity. Gasol is an athlete for that sport and Torres was for soccer. We have the players, but we destroy them by the time they are 14.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 11/21/2009, 3:37 pm

go99 wrote:
plantit wrote:
omega striker wrote:

Exactly, I think alot of the problem is us. It's a win now system that we pay for and demand. The funny thing is that later we blame everything else for it later when the system fails to produce. I think in large, the soccer athlete is a different player. Barcelona has a basketball team and the sport has some popularity. Gasol is an athlete for that sport and Torres was for soccer. We have the players, but we destroy them by the time they are 14.

14??????????????? It starts the day we rush them out to academy. It's a win mentality instilled at the age of 5 . Don't win then it's. Move teams , move coaches,till we do win.Why do you think most leave rec? cause they can't control the team and their tired of the kid that can't kick a ball costing them the game. Winning is great but kids think they have acheived greatness, when really it's the system that has taken the parity out of the competition. Top teams achieve greatness due to the fact that they have stacked the team. The system has weakend the competition (doing no favors) in regards to developement of said "top teams" , the player himself suffers even more. When adversity rears it's ugly head , will the kids have the ability to deal with it ? Alot will, others will quit. Parents who have based everything on winning and winning only, will be the ones asking "whats wrong" when the first little hicc-up comes along.

True developement = Character, attitude, moxy,ability to adjust, perserverance,being humbled,intelligence,confidence, comraderie, pride, spirit, creativness, love and appreciation.

NTX soccer system = the paying parents that feed it.

Unfortunately, the current system lacks promoting nor nurturing little of this. It's run,score, win, pay,rank

A player can have all the talent in the world . Lack any of the above. and they will never reach the next level.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by rantnrave 11/21/2009, 4:41 pm

plantit wrote:
go99 wrote:
plantit wrote:
omega striker wrote:

14??????????????? It starts the day we rush them out to academy. It's a win mentality instilled at the age of 5 . Don't win then it's. Move teams , move coaches,till we do win.Why do you think most leave rec? cause they can't control the team and their tired of the kid that can't kick a ball costing them the game. Winning is great but kids think they have acheived greatness, when really it's the system that has taken the parity out of the competition. Top teams achieve greatness due to the fact that they have stacked the team. The system has weakend the competition (doing no favors) in regards to developement of said "top teams" , the player himself suffers even more. When adversity rears it's ugly head , will the kids have the ability to deal with it ? Alot will, others will quit. Parents who have based everything on winning and winning only, will be the ones asking "whats wrong" when the first little hicc-up comes along.

True developement = Character, attitude, moxy,ability to adjust, perserverance,being humbled,intelligence,confidence, comraderie, pride, spirit, creativness, love and appreciation.

NTX soccer system = the paying parents that feed it.

Unfortunately, the current system lacks promoting nor nurturing little of this. It's run,score, win, pay,rank

A player can have all the talent in the world . Lack any of the above. and they will never reach the next level.
plantit,
I don't always share the same opinion as you; however, I think you are on to something. When we talk about other countries, cultures, societies, etc, we should keep in mind how old those countries are. We are babies by comparison. That's just our country, think about how new soccer is here. Americans are very short on patience and we WANT IT NOW! Other countries can wait, that's what sustains some, hence development factors in. How about not blaming anyone; it's just what our society dictates. Give it time, we will get there.

rantnrave
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next