Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

DTS - Mercy Rule Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

DTS - Mercy Rule

+17
Ibystander
my2cents
Se_la_perdio!
omega striker
Soccerinsanity
Soccerdad79
Number13
heyyouguys
What
Real Barcelona
SDadX2
Distributor
goscore!
Sprint
just4kickz
debit
proud_parent02
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

DTS - Mercy Rule Empty DTS - Mercy Rule

Post by proud_parent02 12/17/2012, 1:14 pm

Somebody told me about a 3v3 Kick It result, and I was wondering if anybody can confirm it.

4 or 5 of the top DTS players entered this weekend's 3v3 Kick It Tournament under the team name of Soccertoughness.

In their final game of the tournament, DTS (Soccertoughness) played a team called Azzurri '02, which is a Plano Premiere team.

12 minutes into the game, the score was 7-0.

20 minutes into the game, the referee stopped the game due the 'mercy rule'. The final score was 12-2.

The results are not yet posted on the 3v3 Kick It site, so I was wondering if anybody can confirm this?

proud_parent02
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

DTS - Mercy Rule Empty Re: DTS - Mercy Rule

Post by debit 12/17/2012, 2:14 pm

who cares?!?

In every 3v3 tournament my son has played in there have been games stopped prematurely due to reaching the 12 goal max. It's also very common for teams to play under different "fun names" for these tournaments.

Based on the team name, I wouldn't be surprised if a certain poster's son was on the team, but he's not a DTS player. However he's very talented and maybe was mistaken for a DTS player.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by just4kickz 12/17/2012, 2:34 pm

Last edited by just4kickz on 12/17/2012, 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
just4kickz
just4kickz
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 12/17/2012, 2:44 pm

Not sure if you meant to imply this in the post, but it was the Azurri team that won the game 12-2. It was the semi-finals and a great day for the tournament.

I also think there were about 2 DTS kids, some Dt Thornber kids and a FCD player or so on the SoccerToughness Team. In these tournaments, it is normal to just see who wants to play and put them in there as a group.

The Azzurri team was largely Solar Red players and an Azzuri player.

The Azzuri team went on to win the tournament in the finals against Leon FC, a feisty 03 group with some Odyssey 03 and FCD 03 dynamos.

I don't think you can take much from these things other than the kids had fun, played some games and competed.

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 12/17/2012, 4:25 pm

interesting...wonder why Azzuri isn't in Classic league or competing in tournaments where they could play DTS under their proper name? Instead of trying to claim they beat them so bad the ref had to stop the game. That's laughable, not 1 D1 team came close during the fall season!
Also, DTS happened to be winning an 00 game at Arlington indoor early afternoon Saturday, don't think its possible to have their "top" players 2 places at the same time =( Nice try
And, last game Dts vs Solar Red (futsal) was DTS 14 - Solar 4, solar even with help from some of their top 01s

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Distributor 12/17/2012, 5:43 pm

If a team gets to 12, the ref stops the game. Could be 12-0 or 12-11.

Distributor
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 12/17/2012, 6:28 pm

goscore! wrote:interesting...wonder why Azzuri isn't in Classic league or competing in tournaments where they could play DTS under their proper name? Instead of trying to claim they beat them so bad the ref had to stop the game. That's laughable, not 1 D1 team came close during the fall season!
Also, DTS happened to be winning an 00 game at Arlington indoor early afternoon Saturday, don't think its possible to have their "top" players 2 places at the same time =( Nice try
And, last game Dts vs Solar Red (futsal) was DTS 14 - Solar 4, solar even with help from some of their top 01s

I'm not sure how you jumped to this conclusion, but don't think there was an implication that DTS was a full squad of DTS players.. I think he said there were 2 players mixed with players from other teams. Oh well. Good luck.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Barcelona 12/17/2012, 6:41 pm

I do not understand all the fuss about a 3 v 3 tournament. I suggest ya'll forget about the scores and who won tied or loss as soon as you leave the facility. 3 v 3 is truly about soccer development and nothing else. Let kids figure it out on their own and leave YOUR competitive spirit (and the coaches) at home. Enjoy and encourage.

Real Barcelona
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by What 12/17/2012, 6:43 pm

Real Barcelona wrote:I do not understand all the fuss about a 3 v 3 tournament. I suggest ya'll forget about the scores and who won tied or loss as soon as you leave the facility. 3 v 3 is truly about soccer development and nothing else. Let kids figure it out on their own and leave YOUR competitive spirit (and the coaches) at home. Enjoy and encourage.
well said!
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 12/17/2012, 7:52 pm

SDadX2 wrote:
goscore! wrote:interesting...wonder why Azzuri isn't in Classic league or competing in tournaments where they could play DTS under their proper name? Instead of trying to claim they beat them so bad the ref had to stop the game. That's laughable, not 1 D1 team came close during the fall season!

I'm not sure how you jumped to this conclusion, but don't think there was an implication that DTS was a full squad of DTS players.. I think he said there were 2 players mixed with players from other teams. Oh well. Good luck.

The OP stated there were 4-5 of DTS top players, that's what I was responding to...I should of quoted the OP to clarify

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by proud_parent02 12/18/2012, 10:52 am

'Sprint' thank you for the confirmation. The Kick It 3v3 results are now posted, and they also confirm the Azzuri win. First let me say, congratulation to Azzuri. You have done something that few teams have been able to do.

When I was told four of the Soccertoughness players names, and I knew them to be long term DTS key players; I thought I knew the game results before the person finished telling me his story. DTS is a 11v11 powerhouse. 3v3 may be different, but since many of the DTS key players are part of the Futsal residency, they also know how to play small side games. With a roster of top talent DTS players, I expected a wipe out score. I was very surprised to hear that DTS was down 0-7 in 12 minutes, and given the 'mercy rule' at 20 minutes. A while later my surprise turned to disbelief. I thought the person may have been smoking too much pixie dust. So I had to ask for confirmation in this forum.

Now that the story is confirmed; here is the question that I really wanted to ask.

How did Azzuri beat DTS so handedly?

Was the referee calling fouls only one way? Or did Azzuri just outplay the DTS stars?

If Azzuri had an honest win, then please tell us how it was done so that we can all be a little more competitive with DTS.

proud_parent02
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by heyyouguys 12/18/2012, 11:03 am

It seems weird you are so concerned with this... 11v11 and 3v3 dont equate at all, and if you want the secret formula to beating DTS, its simple... get better players. They win because they have the most talent on the field (talent includes soccer iq in this case). That doesnt mean that every single player they have is better than everyone else. I've seen players that i thought were more talented in key areas, and obviously the results show that there are kids that are better in small sided games. It's easy to say that because the team always wins, they must be the best individual players in all aspects. However, that belief doesnt make sense.

heyyouguys
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 12/18/2012, 12:51 pm

proud_parent02 wrote:

Was the referee calling fouls only one way? Or did Azzuri just outplay the DTS stars?

If Azzuri had an honest win, then please tell us how it was done so that we can all be a little more competitive with DTS.

First, I don't think it matters. Second, it didn't look dishonest. The blue team jumped all over the black team and then the black team looked largely dispirited and forlorn and the score escalated. I don't know much of anything about the composition of the black team, nor the 02 age group at large. Either way....if that was "DTS", then I guess all you need to do is score the first 5 goals in 11v11 vs them and you will probably be in good shape. Very Happy

Blue team more or less thumped BB's team also. I think we'll still take the field in outdoor in the Spring.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by goscore! 12/18/2012, 1:26 pm

'Sprint' thank you for the confirmation. The Kick It 3v3 results are now posted, and they also confirm the Azzuri win. First let me say, congratulation to Azzuri. You have done something that few teams have been able to do.

When I was told four of the Soccertoughness players names, and I knew them to be long term DTS key players; I thought I knew the game results before the person finished telling me his story. DTS is a 11v11 powerhouse. 3v3 may be different, but since many of the DTS key players are part of the Futsal residency, they also know how to play small side games. With a roster of top talent DTS players, I expected a wipe out score. I was very surprised to hear that DTS was down 0-7 in 12 minutes, and given the 'mercy rule' at 20 minutes. A while later my surprise turned to disbelief. I thought the person may have been smoking too much pixie dust. So I had to ask for confirmation in this forum.

Now that the story is confirmed; here is the question that I really wanted to ask.

You have some kind of mental issue...Why do you keep insisting that "soccertoughness" is/was DTS? Get over it. You are wrong. If 1 DTS player decided to join some friends for two 3v3 games, that doesn't equal "DTS" or even 4-5 of their "top players" as you so exaggeratedly stated. Repeating yourself only makes you look like a weird stalker, doesn't make it true.

Quit being passive aggressive and say what you really want to say. Is it that you think DTS isn't as good as everyone says (or their track record proves? maybe your bb is finally closing the gap?) or are you trying to say that some Plano Premiere team would come into classic league and whip up on every D1 team?
You keep referring SoccerToughness as DTS, but not Azzuri as Solar Red Crushers. You obviously spend way too much time focusing on the DTS boys maybe your bb would benefit from the same attention

goscore!
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerdad79 12/18/2012, 1:32 pm

proud_parent02 wrote:'Sprint' thank you for the confirmation. The Kick It 3v3 results are now posted, and they also confirm the Azzuri win. First let me say, congratulation to Azzuri. You have done something that few teams have been able to do.

Let's call it what it is & stop calling it DTS. It's a team with 2 DTS guest players. Not the same.
Soccerdad79
Soccerdad79
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 12/18/2012, 2:03 pm

To make it clear, this was not an Azzurri team vs a DTS team. This was a few kids from Solar Red and an Azurri player against some kids from a group put together called soccertoughness, with maybe one or two kids that play on DTS. As I said before, these 3v3 teams are often thrown together at the last minute and whoever wants to play, plays.

The larger point being it doesn't mean anything and the kids were out there to have fun, compete, and learn to play. Kids at this age should not go into a 3v3 or any tournament worried that if they lose some parents will take it way to seriously and think it is more than it is. Talk about too much pressure. How about we make each kid tell us who wins at pick-up soccer in recess so we can come on here and talk about it?

My kid has played these kids in Futsal, 3v3 and Classic league and the competition is good they like playing each other. That is the most anyone should take from this. By the way, they are 11 and on any given day, a kids play could range from inspiring to "eh".

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 12/18/2012, 2:08 pm

I thought our 9 yr olds play was pretty "eh" on Saturday. But BB already texted me to tell me that he won at recess today though, so I guess I will put his Xmas gifts back under the tree. I'm a loving father and believe in 2nd chances.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 12/18/2012, 2:30 pm

Number13 wrote:I thought our 9 yr olds play was pretty "eh" on Saturday. But BB already texted me to tell me that he won at recess today though, so I guess I will put his Xmas gifts back under the tree. I'm a loving father and believe in 2nd chances.

My littlest guy often boasts about playing 2 v 5 soccer at recess and his two always wins. All this time I gave it the "thats nice", but I should have been keeping track of the won/loss records. I guess I owe him some ribbons, trophies or medals of some sort. ( Caveat, I think the other teams had girls on them, so i need to look into these wins)

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 12/18/2012, 3:33 pm

The girls are always tougher at those ages, give him an extra trophy! cheers
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by What 12/18/2012, 4:16 pm

proud_parent02 wrote:'Sprint' thank you for the confirmation. The Kick It 3v3 results are now posted, and they also confirm the Azzuri win. First let me say, congratulation to Azzuri. You have done something that few teams have been able to do.

So DTS is not allowed to lose a game?
What
What
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 12/18/2012, 5:18 pm

Sprint wrote:\they are 11 and on any given day, a kids play could range from inspiring to "eh".

Did you watch my son play last Saturday? He went from inspiring to "eh" within an hour. I made him ride home tied to the hood of the car. One of these days, he will learn.

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 12/18/2012, 6:27 pm

wow so im not alone lol!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Se_la_perdio! 12/18/2012, 6:44 pm

fairly new to the site, but have read a lot of the old threads. this is by far one of the dumbest threads i have seen. some of you need to get a life.

Se_la_perdio!
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 12/19/2012, 7:50 am

Man you guys are softies. I make mine run home and bump him with the fender if he goes too slow. Razz

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibystander 12/19/2012, 7:54 am

my2cents wrote:Man you guys are softies. I make mine run home and bump him with the fender if he goes too slow. Razz
I have more compassion. Mine runs behind me, and I just drag him along when he starts slacking off.
Ibystander
Ibystander
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next