Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Classic D3 Challenge Tournament Format Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Classic D3 Challenge Tournament Format

+13
Hatrick3
Se La Perdio
Blond bomber
rvpformvp
Kaivermor
Typhoon
SoccerXXX
omega striker
Rooneyhasplugs
nearpost95
R1
odie1993
kramerathon
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Classic D3 Challenge Tournament Format Empty Classic D3 Challenge Tournament Format

Post by kramerathon 4/29/2013, 10:02 am

Does anyone know how the Classic D3 challenge tournament will be conducted? Frustrating not to know the qualifying process.

kramerathon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Classic D3 Challenge Tournament Format Empty Re: Classic D3 Challenge Tournament Format

Post by odie1993 4/29/2013, 10:45 am

I heard they decided on a royal rumble. each team would be allowed to put up to 11 boys in it and they would battle it out on a pitch. last kid left on the pitch gets to pick the teams that qualify for D3... Twisted Evil
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Classic D3 Challenge Tournament Format Empty Re: Classic D3 Challenge Tournament Format

Post by R1 4/29/2013, 10:51 am

kramerathon wrote:Does anyone know how the Classic D3 challenge tournament will be conducted? Frustrating not to know the qualifying process.

Based on how they do U11, and how the girls do D3 qualifications, I'd suspect it will be similar.

Based on this, they will do the tournament so that 4 teams qualify on the first weekend. Last place teams in each bracket will not qualify for the 2nd weekend (in other words, if you come in last place in your bracket on the first weekend, your tournament is over).

Reseed on the 2nd weekend with 4 different brackets - winner of each bracket gets in. So unless you come in last place in your bracket on the first weekend, you should have 2 chances of getting in.

If you can't get in with 2 chances, you don't have too much to complain about.

This is just a guess, but its based on the way they normally have done these types of tournaments in the past.
R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by nearpost95 4/29/2013, 1:09 pm

Excerpt from http://ccsai.org/ksmdt.php

The Classic League Challenge Games will be held at the
Ken Smith Memorial Day Tournament

Dates:
May 24, 2013 - June 2, 2013

NEW CHALLENGE TOURNAMENT RULE:

The Challenge Tournament will now be open to all competitive teams. Division III will now have 8 openings going forward instead of 2. The only two teams to be protected in Division III will be the two bottom teams relegated from Division II. The Challenge Tournament will coincide with the Ken Smith Memorial Day Tournament, but it will also continue into the following weekend.

Could be as R1 suggested. It will depend on how many teams apply.

nearpost95
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 4/29/2013, 6:23 pm

kramerathon wrote:Does anyone know how the Classic D3 challenge tournament will be conducted? Frustrating not to know the qualifying process.

I will go with whatever format allows the big boys to put as many teams in the league as possible while trying to squeeze out those pesky indies that are taking up their god given right to own the league.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/29/2013, 6:43 pm

Rooneyhasplugs wrote:

I will go with whatever format allows the big boys to put as many teams in the league as possible while trying to squeeze out those pesky indies that are taking up their god given right to own the league.
Im hearing the opposite? i heard the "big boys" gave the classic league a "1 year only" option king there are alot of good indie teams that will knockout most of the big dawgs bom
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 4/30/2013, 2:57 pm

omega striker wrote:
Rooneyhasplugs wrote:

Im hearing the opposite? i heard the "big boys" gave the classic league a "1 year only" option king there are alot of good indie teams that will knockout most of the big dawgs bom
OS perhaps some further explanation on the 1 year only option you mentioned? If you are referencing another thread can you point us to it?
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/30/2013, 3:23 pm

SoccerXXX wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Rooneyhasplugs wrote:

OS perhaps some further explanation on the 1 year only option you mentioned? If you are referencing another thread can you point us to it?
nope not another thread just from an "insider" lets say but its not confirmed just yet?Suspect
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 4/30/2013, 4:14 pm

SoccerXXX wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Rooneyhasplugs wrote:

sounds like the ultimatum was we will do the full QT in D3 for all age groups this year only and then back to the old format. If thats right I can see it as serving their interests. The clubs will just load up for the first year QT, get multiple teams in the league and then you can literally be assured of having those slots for many years or until the age group moves on no matter how crappy the teams really are.

If that doesn't work then they will just buy the slots by picking up the Waco Blasts of the world because it serves their interest. Of course this is all in the interests of making sure the league is competitive. yeah right.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/30/2013, 4:32 pm

Rooneyhasplugs wrote:
SoccerXXX wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Rooneyhasplugs wrote:

sounds like the ultimatum was we will do the full QT in D3 for all age groups this year only and then back to the old format. If thats right I can see it as serving their interests. The clubs will just load up for the first year QT, get multiple teams in the league and then you can literally be assured of having those slots for many years or until the age group moves on no matter how crappy the teams really are.

If that doesn't work then they will just buy the slots by picking up the Waco Blasts of the world because it serves their interest. Of course this is all in the interests of making sure the league is competitive. yeah right.
winner winner chicken dinner!!!!!
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rooneyhasplugs 4/30/2013, 6:28 pm

omega striker wrote:
Rooneyhasplugs wrote:
SoccerXXX wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Rooneyhasplugs wrote:

Figures. I guess they weren't able to manipulate the rules enough to let them load up their rosters in time for the QT. The league will probably capitulate with the threat of "do it or we will take our ball and go home". Whatever. So glad I only have one more playing and he's soon done.

Rooneyhasplugs
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 4/30/2013, 6:30 pm

Rooneyhasplugs wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Rooneyhasplugs wrote:
SoccerXXX wrote:
omega striker wrote:
Rooneyhasplugs wrote:

Figures. I guess they weren't able to manipulate the rules enough to let them load up their rosters in time for the QT. The league will probably capitulate with the threat of "do it or we will take our ball and go home". Whatever. So glad I only have one more playing and he's soon done.
well you guys dont take this in stone its just a rumor at this point?Suspect I for one hope all the indies win those spots!affraid
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Classic D3 Challenge Tournament Format Empty Applied Teams 00

Post by Typhoon 5/6/2013, 10:51 am

Has any one seen an applied team list for the 2000 boys Qualifing tournament. I noticed a post for the 99's

Typhoon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Classic D3 Challenge Tournament Format Empty 00 Qual, applied teams

Post by Kaivermor 5/6/2013, 12:32 pm

Boys U13 QT Applied teams
Andromeda FC Andromeda FC 00B Gold
AYSES Soccer Club AYSES 00 Boys Gold
Aztecas Aztecas 00B
Clockwork Clockwork 00 boys
Dallas Texans Dallas Texans 00B
Dallas Tigres Dallas Tigres Real Madrid
DFW Tejanos Tejanos 00 Elite
Kernow Storm FC KernowStorm00B
Liverpool FC America 00 Boys Alonso
Liverpool FC America 00 Boys Liddell
manchester united red manchester united red devils 00
TFC TFC 00 Boys Blue
Kaivermor
Kaivermor
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 5/6/2013, 1:56 pm

Deadline is Friday so I am sure there will be more teams. There are a few CL teams not on the list yet that I'm sure will be playing.

So maybe a total of 16-20 teams is what it's looking like?
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Blond bomber 5/6/2013, 3:52 pm

If that were the case and it help to under 20 teams, do you still think they will drag it out over 2 weekends or will they consolidate the brackets?
Blond bomber
Blond bomber
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by rvpformvp 5/6/2013, 9:03 pm

I would guess they would still do this over 2 weeks with a similar format to the qualifying tournament. As stated by R1 earlier, it is probably the fairest way and provides a little more consistency to the selection process for the last half of the available slots.
rvpformvp
rvpformvp
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 5/7/2013, 10:02 am

Kaivermor wrote:Boys U13 QT Applied teams
Andromeda FC Andromeda FC 00B Gold
AYSES Soccer Club AYSES 00 Boys Gold
Aztecas Aztecas 00B
Clockwork Clockwork 00 boys
Dallas Texans Dallas Texans 00B
Dallas Tigres Dallas Tigres Real Madrid
DFW Tejanos Tejanos 00 Elite
Kernow Storm FC KernowStorm00B
Liverpool FC America 00 Boys Alonso
Liverpool FC America 00 Boys Liddell
manchester united red manchester united red devils 00
TFC TFC 00 Boys Blue
Thanks for this. Is there a link that we could go to? Would be easier as we approach the deadline to see who is registered.

SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Se La Perdio 5/8/2013, 1:00 pm

Kaivermor, or anyone else who has it, will you post a link or another updated list of applied teams?

Se La Perdio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 5/8/2013, 1:43 pm

Se La Perdio wrote:Kaivermor, or anyone else who has it, will you post a link or another updated list of applied teams?
Ok. Figured it out. I took the applied team list from a former tournament and added in the ID for the requal tournament. Surprised

http://www.gotsport.com/events/teamlist.asp?eventid=30497&showall=true

Now my question is who is not on the list that we would expect to be. Easily I would say the remainder of the CL3 teams (ETU, Waco, DT Black). From there perhaps in the PPL (FC Premier) and from the APL (Irving United, San Angelo). Add in another random team from either APL or PPL (don't think a team could have formed just for this) and you get 4 flights of 5.
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Se La Perdio 5/8/2013, 2:04 pm

SoccerXXX - great job figuring that one out! Will tuck that trick away for future reference.

Se La Perdio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by SoccerXXX 5/13/2013, 8:26 am

Ok. Now that the field is secured it's time to obsess about the tournament structure. We have 20 teams (Congratulations to all). The question that I would like to pose is how does the board think CL will structure the first weekend of the tournament? Option 1: 4 flights of 5 and the top in each flight get the 1st weekends bye into D3 and the bottom of the bracket is eliminated. Option 2: 5 flights of 4 and they do a quarter final with the 5 top and 3 wild cards? Again the bottom of each bracket is eliminated.

Also, Who are the wildcard teams? If anyone has any thoughts (For some reason our board has been pretty quiet) please post away. I would love to get more dialogue going for the 00's.
SoccerXXX
SoccerXXX
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Se La Perdio 5/13/2013, 8:56 am

Option 1- I think they will be consistent with, what I understand to be, their historical decisioning with placement tournaments.

Se La Perdio
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by R1 5/13/2013, 10:30 am

Ok, this should get some people replying.

Here is what I think the seeding will be (somewhere close to this). With this, then how will they align the brackts?:

1 E Tx United
2 FC Dallas White
3 Liverpool FC America Liddell
4 Dallas Texans Black
5 Andromeda FC Gold
6 Kernow Storm FC
7 TFC Blue
8 Irving United FC
9 Mansfield Samba Futbol Club
10 manchester united red
11 Dallas Texans North
12 Aztecas
13 AYSES Soccer Club
14 Dallas Tigres Real
15 DFW Tejanos Elite
16 DALLAS AMERICA SOCCER ACADEMY
17 Texas Tornados
18 Clockwork
19 Liverpool FC America Alonso
20 Amarillo Lightning SC

R1
R1
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by kramerathon 5/13/2013, 1:22 pm

R1 wrote:Ok, this should get some people replying.

Here is what I think the seeding will be (somewhere close to this). With this, then how will they align the brackts?:

1 E Tx United
2 FC Dallas White
3 Liverpool FC America Liddell
4 Dallas Texans Black
5 Andromeda FC Gold
6 Kernow Storm FC
7 TFC Blue
8 Irving United FC
9 Mansfield Samba Futbol Club
10 manchester united red
11 Dallas Texans North
12 Aztecas
13 AYSES Soccer Club
14 Dallas Tigres Real
15 DFW Tejanos Elite
16 DALLAS AMERICA SOCCER ACADEMY
17 Texas Tornados
18 Clockwork
19 Liverpool FC America Alonso
20 Amarillo Lightning SC

I'm new to this as I've relocated here from Houston where it's done differently but I've heard from the Classic League office that advancement will be based on performance over the two weeks. That is, there won't be teams qualifying based on results from just the first weekend but rather based on performance over the two week period. Each team should expect to play games both weekends and during the week. The exact format was going to be decided after the number of teams was set.

With that in mind, I suspect the teams will be seeded and groups generated based on that seeding. In my son's select baseball days, a serpentine pattern for determining groups would be used. Next, assuming 4 groups of 5 teams to make the groups even in number, you'd end up with something like this using the above seeding assumption.

Group Seed Team
A 1 E Tx United
A 8 Irving United FC
A 9 Mansfield Samba Futbol Club
A 16 DALLAS AMERICA SOCCER ACADEMY
A 17 Texas Tornados

B 2 FC Dallas White
B 7 TFC Blue
B 10 manchester united red
B 15 DFW Tejanos Elite
B 18 Clockwork

C 3 Liverpool FC America Liddell
C 6 Kernow Storm FC 
C 11 Dallas Texans North
C 14 Dallas Tigres Real
C 19 Liverpool FC America Alonso

D 4 Dallas Texans Black
D 5 Andromeda FC Gold
D 12 Aztecas
D 13 AYSES Soccer Club
D 20 Amarillo Lightning SC 

If using the gotsoccer rating, it would look like this (AMERICA PREMIER shows as being unranked when I looked):

Group Rank Team
A 11 East Texas United FC 00B (formerly AC Longview 00B)
A 35 TFC 00 Boys Blue
A 36 manchester united red devils 00
A 52 Tejanos 00 Elite
A 69 Dallas Texans 00B North

B 16 FCD 00 Boys White
B 26 Liverpool 00 Boys Liddell
B 37 Aztecas 00B
B 48 Clockwork 00 boys
B 71 Amarillo Lightning00B

C 19 Mansfield Samba 2000 Boys Gold
C 23 Dallas Texans 00 Boys Black Dallas
C 38 KernowStorm00B
C 47 Dallas Tigres Real Madrid
C 71 Liverpool 00 Boys Alonso

D 21 IRVING UNITED 00 BC
D 22 Andromeda FC 00B Gold
D 44 AYSES 00 Boys Gold
D 46 Texas Tornados 00B
D UR AMERICA PREMIER 00B

How to proceed from there, I'm not sure but perhaps play all teams in your group and cross play with another group. That would make 9 games per team. I guess you could do something like A/C, B/D in cross group play. Flame away!

kramerathon
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next