Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

04 Player Movement  - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

04 Player Movement

+22
Kixx
Majortom
SDadX2
Sprint
odie1993
Maradona
socBall02
Atletico1996
xacute
Futbol21
go99
newton heath FC
Number13
Futbol not football
moveyourfeet
sukiakiman
Rancho4C
allen04
Firewater
hotmale1
Real Barcelona
4theluvofthegame
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

04 Player Movement  - Page 4 Empty Re: 04 Player Movement

Post by alibil 7/23/2013, 12:56 pm

why do you need to know his birth month?

not trying to sound snippy, just curious.

alibil
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 7/23/2013, 1:09 pm

You said you didn't know how all this works so I am wondering if your BB is actually an '04 player or if you are on the wrong forum page. 04 - Aug/2003 - July/2004 or 05 - Aug/2004 - July 2005

I have seen parents get confused on here before; that is all.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 7/23/2013, 1:09 pm

alibil wrote:why do you need to know his birth month?

not trying to sound snippy, just curious.

Teams aren't birth year pure in NTX. A boy that is considered an 04 is one that is born between Aug. 03 and July 04.
August 04 to July 05 woud be an 05. So your boy might be an 05 by the NTX soccer definition.
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by allen04 7/23/2013, 1:10 pm

If really an '04 then I would highly recommend you change teams before the season starts.
allen04
allen04
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by alibil 7/23/2013, 1:11 pm

Yes, he is a true '04.
alibil
alibil
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by alibil 7/23/2013, 1:12 pm

And since he is a true '04 playing on a squad with a few '05s, that was concerning to me.
alibil
alibil
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 7/23/2013, 1:17 pm

You will need to be on a properly aged team come next summer. While it is OK wait to find that type team, I wouldn't suggest that.
Come next spring, especially late in the spring, it is going to be hard to find a team to join. Spots are going to be filled and
there won't be spots to be had on the better teams, generally speaking. You will have a tough time finding a team to take your
kid, unless his name is Dempsey or Donovan, then they will make a spot.

This Fall will be a good time to find a team to settle into, or find that you need to keep looking.
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by alibil 7/23/2013, 1:17 pm

Now that you know he's a true '04, why the reasoning to change teams? Not debating, only want to understand your thought process so to assist me in determining what's best for my kid.

He has a good coach. I hear all the time, as long as he has a good coach and he is developing, he will be in good shape. That's great, but if he is on a team that cant make because there arent enough players, then what................he's out.

Then what?
alibil
alibil
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 7/23/2013, 1:27 pm

moveyourfeet wrote:You will need to be on a properly aged team come next summer. While it is OK wait to find that type team, I wouldn't suggest that.
Come next spring, especially late in the spring, it is going to be hard to find a team to join. Spots are going to be filled and
there won't be spots to be had on the better teams, generally speaking. You will have a tough time finding a team to take your

This Fall will be a good time to find a team to settle into, or find that you need to keep looking.

If going through this whole thing tells me anything its that you can find a team in June pretty easily.  IMO its better to spend more time to know what you are getting into, and its nice to not have to fret things, but you can find a team that fits your ability in the last month.  No problem.  But then I intentionally named my kid Donovan, so ymmv.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 7/23/2013, 1:27 pm

alibil wrote:Now that you know he's a true '04, why the reasoning to change teams? Not debating, only want to understand your thought process so to assist me in determining what's best for my kid.

He has a good coach. I hear all the time, as long as he has a good coach and he is developing, he will be in good shape. That's great, but if he is on a team that cant make because there arent enough players, then what................he's out.

Then what?

Going into select next summer, you will sign a year long contract with a team. You will sign it, your boy will sign it, so forth.
That team has to be age pure. It can not have any kids playing up on it. You will need to be on a team that is made up of
boys born between Aug. 03 to July 04, no exceptions. First year of select is age pure. After that, you can move up to play
with the older boys if he is that good.

So there will be no 05's on your team next year. IS there enough 04's (you will need 15 or more) on that team to make a
full squad next summer? From what it sounds like to me, I don't think so. But I'm guessing.

You don't want to find this our come next March and have to push the panic button. This will likely cause you to have to
settle for a team to be on for a year. It could be disastrous. Best to look now and know what you are getting into.
Just my thoughts.

I'd also approach your coach and ask him his plans for the true 04 boys. What is he going to do with them come
next spring? If he doesn't have an answer, then that is your answer.
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 7/23/2013, 1:30 pm

Number13 wrote:
moveyourfeet wrote:You will need to be on a properly aged team come next summer. While it is OK wait to find that type team, I wouldn't suggest that.

If going through this whole thing tells me anything its that you can find a team in June pretty easily.  IMO its better to spend more time to know what you are getting into, and its nice to not have to fret things, but you can find a team that fits your ability in the last month.  No problem.  But then I intentionally named my kid Donovan, so ymmv.

That was a wise move my friend. I named my boy Wambach. It hasn't really helped like I thought it would, but I do have some 04 girls teams interested.
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Number13 7/23/2013, 1:37 pm

Well at least you know your son will like girls.
Number13
Number13
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprint 7/23/2013, 1:42 pm

Number13 wrote:

I do remember some team West of 35 that had a few good 04s playing up with the 03s for a few years and when the time came, they were able to fill the 03 roster.  Matter of fact, I expect this team to blow through QT.  So there are exceptions. Very Happy

Sprint
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 7/23/2013, 1:45 pm

Number13 wrote:Well at least you know your son will like girls.

Laughing cheers 

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by debit 7/23/2013, 1:48 pm

Sprint wrote:
Number13 wrote:

I do remember some team West of 35 that had a few good 04s playing up with the 03s for a few years and when the time came, they were able to fill the 03 roster.  Matter of fact, I expect this team to blow through QT.  So there are exceptions. Very Happy

They have soccer west of 35??? Do they wear cowboy boots to games?

debit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by SDadX2 7/23/2013, 1:52 pm

debit wrote:
Sprint wrote:
Number13 wrote:

They have soccer west of 35???  Do they wear cowboy boots to games?

steel toed ones!! To be fair there was no distinction between west of I35E or I35W. Could be talking about Coppell, Grapevine, Southlake, Flower Mound, Lewisville, etc.

SDadX2
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by alibil 7/23/2013, 2:00 pm

Going to have a talk with the coach soon then. Will also visit other teams when possible just to keep options open.

Any more suggestions/information is greatly appreciated.
alibil
alibil
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by moveyourfeet 7/23/2013, 2:03 pm

Number13 wrote:Well at least you know your son will like girls.

04 Player Movement  - Page 4 3q41oh
moveyourfeet
moveyourfeet
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4