Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

FC Dallas 97 Gold?? Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FC Dallas 97 Gold??

+26
babyface
treefrog13
bootit
rdg
eco185
True10
go99
clueless
The German
OnTheSurface
Tequilapark
Turftoe96
ExclusiveMom
Ibra
plantit
uhoh
DownTown21
97keepermom
middlewing256
A2A1
chasematt
hoosier41
omega striker
randee42
mrclean
Rainy Equity
30 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FC Dallas 97 Gold?? Empty FC Dallas 97 Gold??

Post by Rainy Equity 6/26/2010, 1:42 pm

I hear the team is folding due to not having enough players. Were did all of Figo's old players go? And if he is still trying to get a team put together don't think he can replace the talent he did have on that team.
Rainy Equity
Rainy Equity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

FC Dallas 97 Gold?? Empty Re: FC Dallas 97 Gold??

Post by mrclean 6/26/2010, 2:16 pm

It's a lot easier to rebuild a D1 team than a D2 or D3. D1 teams never fold, they just trade faces. FC Dallas 97 Gold?? Icon_wink
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 6/26/2010, 7:27 pm

Hayden committed to not letting this team fold and he would send players over to it (did not say what players and from where) to make sure it keeps it's bye. That being said, just because it remains in D1 this year, does not mean it will make D1 again next year. Wish the boys luck but cannot see them being any better than 8th like they were last year.

With Solar White having the same problem after losing so many from last year's squad, I would expect both them and Gold being the 2 teams at the end of the season being on their way down to D2. Too many D1 teams added to their existing core ahead of Gold.

I believe some of the Gold players went to the Arias Silver D2 team and a couple went to Andromeda. After that, it seems they scattered to the four corners of the DFW soccer area.

Mr. Clean 0 heard you had your BB out there trying out. Must be nice having your all your options.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 6/26/2010, 9:24 pm

randee42 wrote:Hayden committed to not letting this team fold and he would send players over to it (did not say what players and from where) to make sure it keeps it's bye. That being said, just because it remains in D1 this year, does not mean it will make D1 again next year. Wish the boys luck but cannot see them being any better than 8th like they were last year.

With Solar White having the same problem after losing so many from last year's squad, I would expect both them and Gold being the 2 teams at the end of the season being on their way down to D2. Too many D1 teams added to their existing core ahead of Gold.

I believe some of the Gold players went to the Arias Silver D2 team and a couple went to Andromeda. After that, it seems they scattered to the four corners of the DFW soccer area.

Mr. Clean 0 heard you had your BB out there trying out. Must be nice having your all your options.
I think one has gone to FCD Blue! and spotted a few playing with TFC in a tournament? FC Dallas 97 Gold?? Affraid
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by hoosier41 6/27/2010, 7:34 am

So what happens if they dont make

hoosier41
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chasematt 6/27/2010, 7:55 am

Not sure who is starting the rumors or why, but from what I saw at practice last week this team will make with no problem....
Niot sure where the rumors are coming from.

chasematt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 6/27/2010, 8:22 am

hoosier41 wrote:So what happens if they dont make

The team will make (not so sure I can say the same thing about Solar White) but the question is not whether they make or not; moreover, the question is how competitive are they going to be? Have they picked up enough strong D1 type players from where they were and what they lost to move up in the rankings from being #8 in Classic League last season?

Although to be fair, wonder why no one is talking about Solar White, I heard (not verified) they were down to all of 4-5 players just a week or so ago. I guess with Figo's group turning over so many and all the drama post parent meetings, this group has the most soap-opera drama that is attracts the most attention.

Chasematt - I think the rumors are coming from when you were still in the Amsterdam Red Light district on vacation and Figo had all of about 8 players at practice multiple times. That and the fact that practically the whole team has turned over has given way to the rumors.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by omega striker 6/27/2010, 1:14 pm

chasematt wrote:Not sure who is starting the rumors or why, but from what I saw at practice last week this team will make with no problem....
Niot sure where the rumors are coming from.
i guess you will find out come july 1st? FC Dallas 97 Gold?? Confused
omega striker
omega striker
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Back to top Go down

Post by A2A1 6/27/2010, 2:14 pm

So many untrue things and unfounded gossip on this board. Why is there so much interest in seeing this team fail?

Let me put some facts out there and end the nonsense once and for all.

1. It was decided by FCD that there would be one East team going forward, and it would get the D1 bye, and be coached by Figo. The D2 bye would become FCD Central and go to Arias. It was further decided that all boys on East could have a spot on one or the other teams if they wanted it. There were parents upset by this move, primarily because it was not well communicated and they did not get a lot of advance notice. That is much of the "drama" that everyone has been talking about.

2. Several boys on the team did leave. That happens on every team and I don't know why there is a laser sharp focus on this particular case. A few did stay. A couple more are still on the fence. The team did not "completely turn over".

3. Several strong players have joined the team, including 3 boys who were playing for a very highly ranked D1 team, and several strong players from the former FCDE/Hedges team. This team is not going to get stomped on, despite what other posters would have you believe, including one who has apparently relegated this team to D2 before they have even played a single game together.

The boys are ready to go and ready to make a strong showing in D1.

PS: there is no shame in being the #8 team out of the top 10 teams, in one of the most competitive soccer arenas in the country, and out hundreds of teams playing in North Texas.

A2A1
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by middlewing256 6/27/2010, 3:08 pm

nicely said! FC Dallas 97 Gold?? Icon_bounce

middlewing256
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainy Equity 6/27/2010, 3:26 pm

highly ranked D1 team? Ummm did you mean to put D2? Not saying Figo will not be a decent team, but just dont think this team can complete with the top four in D1. With him losing most of all his players from last year, dont think he can replace what he had... IJS. Good luck to the boys though.
Rainy Equity
Rainy Equity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chasematt 6/27/2010, 3:41 pm

Rainy Equity wrote:highly ranked D1 team? Ummm did you mean to put D2? Not saying Figo will not be a decent team, but just dont think this team can complete with the top four in D1. With him losing most of all his players from last year, dont think he can replace what he had... IJS. Good luck to the boys though.

Yes 3 boys from a very highly ranked team (different club) have joined the Gold team

chasematt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by 97keepermom 6/27/2010, 3:56 pm

Rainy Equity wrote:highly ranked D1 team? Ummm did you mean to put D2? Not saying Figo will not be a decent team, but just dont think this team can complete with the top four in D1. With him losing most of all his players from last year, dont think he can replace what he had... IJS. Good luck to the boys though.
Yes, and three from a highly ranked D1 team.
97keepermom
97keepermom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 6/28/2010, 12:36 am

I can't speak for what's happening at FCD (Figo). But we had to make the move to the Central Team (old FCD East). I will say their has been enough players to field three or four teams at practice. I talking from D-1 to PPL.

It's sad but it comes down to location and where you can draft the best talent. FCD is located in the Frisco area, but yet it has no Classic 97 teams in that area. I believe the moved to switch the FCD East team was to recuit in the area. It has worked. My son has a secured slot as all the other FCD east players that played on the (Hedges) east team.

I can say as for our family all the coaches at East and Central have been honest and advised me what was best for my son. I will say if the D-1 does move to Central it will have a good chance to survive. There is a good pool of players to recuit from. In this business there is a reason for everything. The only problem sometimes change it's hard on the players and parents.

The ideal was to move the D-2 because of recuiting. I can't say what the case is for that FCD (Figo), but it seem even they are having problem fielding just 14 players. Then again everything you read here is not always true.

Everything will workout for everyone in the long run. I have learn in this business never put all your eggs into one basket. The biggest surprise has been that things so far have worked out great for our family and my son. His playing again with players from his area and seems to be having a breakout year at practice, but most important his having fun.This past weekend the teams met for the USA game at PHP for a party. It was a blast for the players that attended.
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : In the toliet with my andriod, keeping up on current soccer events.

Back to top Go down

Post by chasematt 6/28/2010, 6:14 am

DownTown21 wrote:I can't speak for what's happening at FCD (Figo). But we had to make the move to the Central Team (old FCD East). I will say their has been enough players to field three or four teams at practice. I talking from D-1 to PPL.

It's sad but it comes down to location and where you can draft the best talent. FCD is located in the Frisco area, but yet it has no Classic 97 teams in that area. I believe the moved to switch the FCD East team was to recuit in the area. It has worked. My son has a secured slot as all the other FCD east players that played on the (Hedges) east team.

I can say as for our family all the coaches at East and Central have been honest and advised me what was best for my son. I will say if the D-1 does move to Central it will have a good chance to survive. There is a good pool of players to recuit from. In this business there is a reason for everything. The only problem sometimes change it's hard on the players and parents.

The ideal was to move the D-2 because of recuiting. I can't say what the case is for that FCD (Figo), but it seem even they are having problem fielding just 14 players. Then again everything you read here is not always true.

Everything will workout for everyone in the long run. I have learn in this business never put all your eggs into one basket. The biggest surprise has been that things so far have worked out great for our family and my son. His playing again with players from his area and seems to be having a breakout year at practice, but most important his having fun.This past weekend the teams met for the USA game at PHP for a party. It was a blast for the players that attended.

Wow another thinly vieled attempt to pump up another team at the expense of Gold.
Lets check some facts.....
...enough players at the Central practice to field 3 or 4 teams?
Really? I hear most teams are wanting to run with 16 even though rosters went to 18. That implies somewhere between 48 (16x3) and 72 (18x4) kids at practice for 2 teams and 1 coach? I'd hate to be that coach come Thursday and have to cut 30+ kids - you would have thought by now he would have let the ones who arent going to make it know so they can look elsewhere.
FCD is located in the Frisco area, but yet it has no Classic 97 teams in that area.
Last I heard Central was practicing at Greenhill in North Dallas not Frisco. Ok so its closer to Frisco than Rowlett but both Hayden and Suarez were already practicing there and from what I understand they both have moved to PHP which IS in Frisco so saying FCD had no representation in the area is incorrect.
My son has a secured slot as all the other FCD east players that played on the (Hedges) east team.......
I know where all but 2 of the boys from the East team ended up and none of them are at Central, so implying that alot of theplayers from East moved there is not accurate. To my knowledge only 1 boy from East moved to Central and took that offer.
...If the D1 does move to Central it will have a good chance to survive?
Other than rumormongers on here trying to sabotage Gold - there are have been no discussions by anyone in FCD in moving Gold to Central. It will survive just fine in Rowlett - that was the point in FCD moving East to Central - to leave only one team in Rowlett and have no worries about making.
...it seems they are having problems fielding just 14 players.....
Once again not sure where you are hearing that but it is completely inaccurate - the last few practices have been at least 15 and we have had kids out of town etc.

chasematt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh 6/28/2010, 9:09 pm

FCD Gold will make with Figo despite some reasons below.
Did FCD (Hayden) pull the strings to get one player to his team? Hedges gave his team up very easily. Club pulled the strings before Coaches had a chance to tell parents and players. It's all about developing the kids!!!! Correct! Correct!!??!!??
Did FCD throw East D2 players to the wolves?? It's a lot easier to travel East than North or Central for practice. More of Gold's players left afterwards than the D2 East did Until they(D2 East) were cut by the club.
Arias probably picked up a few of Golds players because they weren't going to be asked back. And the lone D2 player.
Did Hedges(formerly East D2 coach) get sacked doing the end around to get the D1 bi??? Rumor has it he and some former Gold parents trying to kick Figo to the curb.
Will New Arias FCD Central D2 & Silver D3 turn out smelling like roses???? Remember Arias Silver D3 was D2 and dropped like a rock. Almost out of D3.

uhoh
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 6/28/2010, 9:46 pm

Asked back ?? The door is open.
You all speculate . but trust me you really don't know crap about the reasons or motives for people leaving.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by middlewing256 6/28/2010, 10:15 pm

And honestly dont feel it should all be aired out on here - just let it rest already - everyone has their own reasons - Thursday will be here soon enough.

middlewing256
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 6/28/2010, 10:21 pm

plantit wrote:Asked back ?? The door is open.
You all speculate . but trust me you really don't know crap about the reasons or motives for people leaving.
Watched your bb on the field behind us this past weekend...seemed to be enjoying himself...heard the coach barking a little and encouraging a bit as well....best of luck to him in the Fall...
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by A2A1 6/28/2010, 10:30 pm

uhoh wrote:FCD Gold will make with Figo despite some reasons below
Blah, blah, blah. Why continue to stir up s*it by posting all of this gobbledygook? Yes. Kids left the team. The reasons why are none of your business, and quite frankly, none of mine either. They are great kids and I am sorry to see them go, and I wish them the best wherever they end up. End of discussion!

A2A1
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 6/28/2010, 10:43 pm

Ibra wrote:
plantit wrote:Asked back ?? The door is open.
Watched your bb on the field behind us this past weekend...seemed to be enjoying himself...heard the coach barking a little and encouraging a bit as well....best of luck to him in the Fall...

Thanks. He was guesting. Sure hated the 2 -7:30 am starts. but he did get to play alittle forward and loved it. I called him Norwood the whole way home. 2 shots both wide right. FC Dallas 97 Gold?? Affraid
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 6/28/2010, 10:46 pm

A2A1 wrote:
uhoh wrote:FCD Gold will make with Figo despite some reasons below
Blah, blah, blah. Why continue to stir up s*it by posting all of this gobbledygook? Yes. Kids left the team. The reasons why are none of your business, and quite frankly, none of mine either. They are great kids and I am sorry to see them go, and I wish them the best wherever they end up. End of discussion!

Gobbledygook??????? is that even a word.?? Wrackumsmackum!! FC Dallas 97 Gold?? Icon_clown
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by ExclusiveMom 6/29/2010, 12:31 am

When we decided to commit to FC Dallas Gold we understood that the team would not have many changes. But now we realize that over eighty percent of the team left. Now those players have been replaced with D2 players from the other team. (No disrespect to those players). But this was not what we expected.

Our concern is why did so many players leave? Why is there so much drama? Why has the team’s webpage not been updated? How can the team bring new players without advertising? Why did the club move the other FC Dallas team?

ExclusiveMom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by middlewing256 6/29/2010, 7:01 am

all questions you can ask the coach if you can just wait one more day for him to get back, hes been out of town - will be back tomorrow! You can also call him on the phone - he is answering his phone calls.

middlewing256
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Turftoe96 6/29/2010, 8:13 am

middlewing256 wrote:all questions you can ask the coach if you can just wait one more day for him to get back, hes been out of town - will be back tomorrow! You can also call him on the phone - he is answering his phone calls.

That's a great idea! FCDallas has been very upfront and honest with the status of the two teams in the east so I'm sure you'll get all the information you need. FC Dallas 97 Gold?? Icon_eek

Maybe you should sip that Kool-Aid rather than drinking the whole cup. The team will make and be a decent team but the communication coming from that area is less than stellar.
Turftoe96
Turftoe96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next