Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FC Dallas 97 Gold??

+26
babyface
treefrog13
bootit
rdg
eco185
True10
go99
clueless
The German
OnTheSurface
Tequilapark
Turftoe96
ExclusiveMom
Ibra
plantit
uhoh
DownTown21
97keepermom
middlewing256
A2A1
chasematt
hoosier41
omega striker
randee42
mrclean
Rainy Equity
30 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Empty Re: FC Dallas 97 Gold??

Post by ExclusiveMom 7/8/2010, 11:54 pm

Sorry, I did get the teams emails. The problem was they were going into my junk mail folder. Thanks for the website update.

ExclusiveMom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by fan_of_soccer 7/9/2010, 9:47 am

Futbolito wrote:
randee42 wrote:Solar White's loss (as sad as it is) is a big gain for Solar Red and an even larger one for Solar Gold. Although Gold will struggle White losing players to Red is typical for any club promoting boys to their top team(s). Red will be stronger with the addition of the SW crew, which is one of the reasons we joined. It is sad that the White team is no mas, we certainly understand how it feels for a team to disband for the sake of one ranked higher in the same area, a la FCD Gold/East.

And Rainy Equity, pull your mullet hair out of your inbred eyes, this is the FCD Gold forum, them and them alone can only claim the 1st place D1 finish on this thread.
No real loss here. SW is gone as a team, but the boys are still kicking. Some got a free pass to SR(the sweeper was the only real gain to SR). Some tried out and got snatched up by higher ranked D1 teams(one is now on my bb's team). Some went to D2 teams....Life goes on. .
Good luck with that one. Great Attitude he has.......
fan_of_soccer
fan_of_soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by fan_of_soccer 7/9/2010, 9:48 am

babyface wrote:I'm not surprised by the way it was handled by the club. Just stating what happened because there have been some comments about SW that no one has answered. Of the fifteen players on the SW roster that won D3 and moved up to finish second in D2, I think 4 remained with Solar. Seems to me like a major loss of talent to make a "good" team. Just my view. I'm happy where we ended up.

Great to know that SW still has a team mouth!
fan_of_soccer
fan_of_soccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Futbolito 7/10/2010, 1:17 am

fan_of_soccer wrote:
Futbolito wrote:
randee42 wrote:Solar White's loss (as sad as it is) is a big gain for Solar Red and an even larger one for Solar Gold. Although Gold will struggle White losing players to Red is typical for any club promoting boys to their top team(s). Red will be stronger with the addition of the SW crew, which is one of the reasons we joined. It is sad that the White team is no mas, we certainly understand how it feels for a team to disband for the sake of one ranked higher in the same area, a la FCD Gold/East.

And Rainy Equity, pull your mullet hair out of your inbred eyes, this is the FCD Gold forum, them and them alone can only claim the 1st place D1 finish on this thread.
No real loss here. SW is gone as a team, but the boys are still kicking. Some got a free pass to SR(the sweeper was the only real gain to SR). Some tried out and got snatched up by higher ranked D1 teams(one is now on my bb's team). Some went to D2 teams....Life goes on. .
Good luck with that one. Great Attitude he has.......
Thaaanks FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_biggrin . We are very lucky. We know. We could have ended up with the nice but average player, with the nasty, nasty parent..Now, that would have been very,very unlucky.
Good luck to the parents that now have you on their sideline. You sound like a joy to have around FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_lol
Peace FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Icon_wink Love FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Herz Not war FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 4 Star3
Futbolito
Futbolito
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chasematt 9/16/2010, 11:26 am

OK you guys were right.

chasematt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 9/16/2010, 11:36 am

chasematt wrote:OK you guys were right.

I never hear that home so thank you, thank you very much.

Just curious looking back now, does Hayden's originally statement that all the changes he was making was for the long term benefit of the boys stand the test of time?
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/16/2010, 11:52 am

Whats up! cuzz i'm just livin the d-2 paradise bb's havin fun
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by totallysoccer 9/16/2010, 12:09 pm

So are you guys saying that there's no FC Dallas Gold anymore??? Please explain...

totallysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 9/16/2010, 12:31 pm

totallysoccer wrote:So are you guys saying that there's no FC Dallas Gold anymore??? Please explain...
Still Gold...just no FEEEGO
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by middlewing256 9/16/2010, 1:04 pm

still stirring up the pot I see.

middlewing256
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chasematt 9/16/2010, 1:18 pm

middlewing256 wrote:still stirring up the pot I see.

Not sure who that was directed at? If me, the answer is no others stirred the pot. I'm just turning up the heat to get what I want, like the ones who started the stirring did.

chasematt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by A2A1 9/16/2010, 1:23 pm

Before this gets completely out of hand.. let me interject facts again

Figo is no longer the coach of FCDG 97. He will continue to coach his younger teams.

Mark Melancon is now the coach of FCDG 97.

The reasons for this change are nobody's business except the teams' and its parents.

Now let's move on and play soccer!! cheers

A2A1
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by chasematt 9/16/2010, 1:32 pm

A2A1 wrote:Before this gets completely out of hand.. let me interject facts again

Figo is no longer the coach of FCDG 97. He will continue to coach his younger teams.

Mark Melancon is now the coach of FCDG 97.

The reasons for this change are nobody's business except the teams' and its parents.

Now let's move on and play soccer!! cheers

Its a public forum and Ill say whatever the hell I want.

chasematt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by middlewing256 9/16/2010, 2:48 pm

A2A1 - Enough said, you are the s*** stirrer!

middlewing256
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by totallysoccer 9/16/2010, 3:02 pm

I have seen FCDG play several times since last spring; they seem to be a well trained team. the additions of some and the lost of a few players may be the cause for the debacle...is that the coach fault??? he (coach) seemed to be a well respected trainer/coach...good luck to the coach "fig"!!!

totallysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 9/16/2010, 5:28 pm

totallysoccer wrote:I have seen FCDG play several times since last spring; they seem to be a well trained team. the additions of some and the lost of a few players may be the cause for the debacle...is that the coach fault??? he (coach) seemed to be a well respected trainer/coach...good luck to the coach "fig"!!!
I was never a fan of Figo but did not dislike him or wish him ill will (unless we were playing him). Not sure why he got the boot nor can I imagine why the parents and Hayden would boot him. Aren't these the same parents that signed a contract with him knowing he was going to be their coach just 2 months ago? Bottom line, if I or you do not like the coach, do not sign with the team. To sign and then campaign to get him launched from the team seems underhanded to say the least. I cannot imagine that everyone is happy now that he is no longer the coach and this move did not cause more tension. Additionally, not sure this is a good lesson to be teaching the kids, unless like I said, there was some major things going on behind the scene.

Unless there is a major impropriety, Hayden should have said, this is the coach you signed with, this is the coach you will play for - end of story. If I am Figo, I would be just as upset with Hayden for not supporting him as his employee.

All I can say is hope this is for the benefit of the boys and team and not motivated out of something else. Only time will tell if this was the right move for Figo and the team.

Any new guesses on where this team will end up now that Figo is gone. Last time I saw some rankings, they were 8th best in D1. Figo at the helm they barely beat Solar Gold last weekend, the former Plano Premier team. Since Figo is gone, are they going to move up or fall lower????? I am guessing it will only get worse before it gets better and that their Spring season will be a lot better than their fall showing.

My guess is that they go 2-7 for the fall season with the only other win coming from FWFC; I could be wrong and hope I am since I like a lot of their kids. However, struggling against SG and replacing their coach does not do a lot for team chemistry short term. Spring season I would say they go 4-5.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ibra 9/16/2010, 5:44 pm

middlewing256 wrote:still stirring up the pot I see.
Facts is facts!! 2000 boys all jumped ship to CL quualifying teams over the summer and the 99Bs did not want his assistants around and now this? I think he can stir his own pot.
Ibra
Ibra
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/16/2010, 7:05 pm

Drama , drama .......... man d-2 is great. If Haden would have taken care of business the first time around alot of the kids that actually "EARNED", that spot for gold would still be around. No darts just the facts.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by middlewing256 9/16/2010, 7:28 pm

plantit wrote:

Drama , drama .......... man d-2 is great. If Haden would have taken care of business the first time around alot of the kids that actually "EARNED", that spot for gold would still be around. No darts just the facts.

Facts being facts - Im not so sure things are greener on your side of the fence either! Rolling Eyes

middlewing256
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/16/2010, 7:59 pm

middlewing256 wrote:
plantit wrote:

Facts being facts - Im not so sure things are greener on your side of the fence either! Rolling Eyes

Are you sure, you REALLY want to get in a pissing contest with someone who was with that team " on the INSIDE " since academy days.

How many players left from his ORIGINAL academy team last year .. 6 ... how many did he have from his ORIGINAL academy team ...6.... He could have had everything , made boneheaded decisions, forgot the meaning of loyalty and commitment and look where it got him. Don't you think he would like a do-over. Alot of the players he has now told him to go s* himself when we were struggling in academy . Do you think they gave a rats ass if our team was even gonna make? When playtime was cut on the top teams they came running back.Fig got all giddy. I'll ask again. Think he wants a do-over . At least show some compassion and remove the knife from his back

As far as greener pastures . You haven't a clue. Both boys are happy, playing alot and drama free! Or are you still thinking in "juvenille" terms that winning and playing for a top team is the only thing important?
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 9/16/2010, 10:07 pm

Some bitter greens mixed in with that green grass, Plantit?

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/16/2010, 10:45 pm

Not really !! who's laughin now. The move was by choice. The ones who were there know who paid their dues and who were the heart and souls. The last time the core played togeather they won Shawnee. The new core barely nipped by a d-3 barcelona team to win ayses. Bitter?? ya got me.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by totallysoccer 9/17/2010, 8:26 am

Demotions are coming very random @ the FC Dallas "camp"...First Hedges and "Fig"...again I ask is it the coach or is it the parent(s)...(I am saying parents loosely). I was once told by a college soccer coach: "always be aware of the parents that can't win enough in the youth competitive arena"...some are in it for their own glory!!!

Good luck to all FC Dallas Youth this season!!!

totallysoccer
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Turftoe96 9/17/2010, 9:42 am

totallysoccer wrote:Demotions are coming very random @ the FC Dallas "camp"...First Hedges and "Fig"...again I ask is it the coach or is it the parent(s)...(I am saying parents loosely). I was once told by a college soccer coach: "always be aware of the parents that can't win enough in the youth competitive arena"...some are in it for their own glory!!!

Hedges D2 East team was virtually drama free on the parents side of things so the destruction of that team had nothing to do with parents. Most of the parents had been together since Academy. That team was sacrificed for the good of Figo's D1 Gold team. The D2 bye was moved to a new coach and a location in Addison. The team was FCD East because we all live on the East side, Addison was not a viable option for many people so they forced out many and snatched up what they thought was good enough for the Gold team. I'm not sure what the issues were with Figo but they probably could have made a few moves and swapped a few players between East and Gold and kept both teams competitive. FCD fumbled the ball on that whole situation. Lot of good kids on the Gold team so good luck boys! Hope you win some in spite of the unfortunate situation.
Turftoe96
Turftoe96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 9/17/2010, 10:01 am

Maybe one day FCD will realize that if you are going to develope a viable soccer product then it cannot be about the team or coach at all. You need a system of development that is carried across the club and coaches and the focus should be on identifying and developing talent. Coaches and kids are moved and changed with everything in mind except whats good for the development of talent. The coach is this or that. The kids earned this or that. Parents like or dislike this or that. The truth is nobody is identifying the talent at all. Nobody is make any effort to develop the talent at all, they are all too busy building teams to see the individuals. Waaay too many kids with an FCD jersey (imagine if Ajax just let everyone into their youth system). FCD juniors is great but 16 is too late and looks like a chunk of that is coming from the Texans.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/17/2010, 11:05 am

Turftoe96 wrote:
totallysoccer wrote:Demotions are coming very random @ the FC Dallas "camp"...First Hedges and "Fig"...again I ask is it the coach or is it the parent(s)...(I am saying parents loosely). I was once told by a college soccer coach: "always be aware of the parents that can't win enough in the youth competitive arena"...some are in it for their own glory!!!

Hedges D2 East team was virtually drama free on the parents side of things so the destruction of that team had nothing to do with parents. Most of the parents had been together since Academy. That team was sacrificed for the good of Figo's D1 Gold team. The D2 bye was moved to a new coach and a location in Addison. The team was FCD East because we all live on the East side, Addison was not a viable option for many people so they forced out many and snatched up what they thought was good enough for the Gold team. I'm not sure what the issues were with Figo but they probably could have made a few moves and swapped a few players between East and Gold and kept both teams competitive. FCD fumbled the ball on that whole situation. Lot of good kids on the Gold team so good luck boys! Hope you win some in spite of the unfortunate situation.

Well stated!!
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next