Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 5 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FC Dallas 97 Gold??

+26
babyface
treefrog13
bootit
rdg
eco185
True10
go99
clueless
The German
OnTheSurface
Tequilapark
Turftoe96
ExclusiveMom
Ibra
plantit
uhoh
DownTown21
97keepermom
middlewing256
A2A1
chasematt
hoosier41
omega striker
randee42
mrclean
Rainy Equity
30 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 5 Empty Re: FC Dallas 97 Gold??

Post by plantit 9/17/2010, 11:05 am

Turftoe96 wrote:
totallysoccer wrote:Demotions are coming very random @ the FC Dallas "camp"...First Hedges and "Fig"...again I ask is it the coach or is it the parent(s)...(I am saying parents loosely). I was once told by a college soccer coach: "always be aware of the parents that can't win enough in the youth competitive arena"...some are in it for their own glory!!!

Good luck to all FC Dallas Youth this season!!!
Hedges D2 East team was virtually drama free on the parents side of things so the destruction of that team had nothing to do with parents. Most of the parents had been together since Academy. That team was sacrificed for the good of Figo's D1 Gold team. The D2 bye was moved to a new coach and a location in Addison. The team was FCD East because we all live on the East side, Addison was not a viable option for many people so they forced out many and snatched up what they thought was good enough for the Gold team. I'm not sure what the issues were with Figo but they probably could have made a few moves and swapped a few players between East and Gold and kept both teams competitive. FCD fumbled the ball on that whole situation. Lot of good kids on the Gold team so good luck boys! Hope you win some in spite of the unfortunate situation.

Well stated!!

plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by DownTown21 9/17/2010, 5:14 pm

I totally agree with turftoe96. My son played on the FCD East and we had no drama. Was a great great group of kids and parents. The team gave two players to Figo's during the second half and our team still excel beating some top teams in D2 towards the end.

He is the only player left from the east because we live in the area. I will say it's great, great coaches, players and parents. All I can say good luck to all east players.
DownTown21
DownTown21
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Location : In the toliet with my andriod, keeping up on current soccer events.

Back to top Go down

Post by eagle 9/17/2010, 6:05 pm

DownTown21 wrote:I totally agree with turftoe96. My son played on the FCD East and we had no drama. Was a great great group of kids and parents. The team gave two players to Figo's during the second half and our team still excel beating some top teams in D2 towards the end.

He is the only player left from the east because we live in the area. I will say it's great, great coaches, players and parents. All I can say good luck to all east players.

Maybe it is just me but that sounds like more drama than most teams go through.
eagle
eagle
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Turftoe96 9/17/2010, 6:39 pm

eagle wrote:
DownTown21 wrote:I totally agree with turftoe96. My son played on the FCD East and we had no drama. Was a great great group of kids and parents. The team gave two players to Figo's during the second half and our team still excel beating some top teams in D2 towards the end.

Not gonna lie about that, when those two players went to Figo in the second half it was not a good feeling. That was the first instance of the club sacrificing the D2 team for the good of the D1 team, but the parents and kids handled that with minimal drama. As it turned out it may have forced some changes to the D2 team that proved that the team had enough skill to compete in D2. The boys actually rallied and played better soccer.
That's not to say that FCD didn't screw that situation up. They handled that one like crap as well. It's all about saving that D1 team and keeping up thier image. They are doing what they feel is best for thier club by keeping up thier status. Hindsight maybe it was not such a good idea. They could have made minimal changes between those two teams and kept both in the east and both been competitive.
Turftoe96
Turftoe96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/17/2010, 7:48 pm

Turftoe96 wrote:
eagle wrote:

Not gonna lie about that, when those two players went to Figo in the second half it was not a good feeling. That was the first instance of the club sacrificing the D2 team for the good of the D1 team, but the parents and kids handled that with minimal drama. As it turned out it may have forced some changes to the D2 team that proved that the team had enough skill to compete in D2. The boys actually rallied and played better soccer.
That's not to say that FCD didn't screw that situation up. They handled that one like crap as well. It's all about saving that D1 team and keeping up thier image. They are doing what they feel is best for thier club by keeping up thier status. Hindsight maybe it was not such a good idea. They could have made minimal changes between those two teams and kept both in the east and both been competitive.

The hilarious part ( check the record ). The gold team had a better record in the fall season vs spring last year.

Taint broke don't fix it!!!

Some people will F- up a wet dream.

The real irony is if they would have left Fig and suarez alone, helped them with a couple of players and not raided the teams to create a super team that just pumels everyone . they may have had 3-97 teams in the top seven of d-1 and posssibly 2 in premier.
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainy Equity 9/17/2010, 8:00 pm

Plantit,

That is because the new core sucks..... I say the new core does not win another game in classic. IMO, Solar Red wins 1st this year.. ChaseMatt shhhhhhh... Why start **** you cant finish....
Rainy Equity
Rainy Equity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by mrclean 9/17/2010, 9:25 pm

If we were talking about Professional Teams, I would say let the drama begin. Jerry, Wade and the boys are certainly fun to watch when things are unraveling. A lot of people thought that Hyndman wasn't the caliber of coach that FC Dallas needed. Hmm... looks like they were wrong. Yes, it is sometimes beneficial to your team to see drama erupt on a competing team. But the reality is these are kids wanting to play soccer at the highest level possible and their parents are committed to making every sacrifice to support their kids.

The new core is fine. A few weeks of adjusting to the tempo of D1 is all they need. They will be 8th place this year and top six the following year.
mrclean
mrclean
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chasematt 9/17/2010, 11:55 pm

Rainy Equity wrote:Plantit,

That is because the new core sucks..... I say the new core does not win another game in classic. IMO, Solar Red wins 1st this year.. ChaseMatt shhhhhhh... Why start **** you cant finish....

Exactly what was it that I started which you claim I cant finish? As I recall you started this post months ago. I simply came on here and admitted you guys were right. Please enlighten me as to what it is I need to finish and I will take care of it ASAP............

chasematt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/18/2010, 1:02 pm

mrclean wrote:If we were talking about Professional Teams, I would say let the drama begin. Jerry, Wade and the boys are certainly fun to watch when things are unraveling. A lot of people thought that Hyndman wasn't the caliber of coach that FC Dallas needed. Hmm... looks like they were wrong. Yes, it is sometimes beneficial to your team to see drama erupt on a competing team. But the reality is these are kids wanting to play soccer at the highest level possible and their parents are committed to making every sacrifice to support their kids.

The new core is fine. A few weeks of adjusting to the tempo of D1 is all they need. They will be 8th place this year and top six the following year.

14 new players ???? what core ???
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 9/18/2010, 2:14 pm

mrclean wrote:If we were talking about Professional Teams, I would say let the drama begin. Jerry, Wade and the boys are certainly fun to watch when things are unraveling. A lot of people thought that Hyndman wasn't the caliber of coach that FC Dallas needed. Hmm... looks like they were wrong. Yes, it is sometimes beneficial to your team to see drama erupt on a competing team. But the reality is these are kids wanting to play soccer at the highest level possible and their parents are committed to making every sacrifice to support their kids.

Top six is definitely a possibility next year - due to Academy appeal - I'd expect quite a few teams dipping in talent which will create more opportunity for other teams (might prolong the 'career' of clue jr.
clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainy Equity 9/19/2010, 3:41 pm

Plantit,

Hmmm.... When playtime was cut on the top teams they came running...Who came uh runnin? Despite a loss to andro white, the new team looked good. With this not even being the Core group, this team should end up in last place. Right?? Also think Solar red might suprise some teams.
Rainy Equity
Rainy Equity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by plantit 9/19/2010, 5:11 pm

Hmmm.... When playtime was cut on the top teams they came running...Who came uh runnin? Despite a loss to andro white, the new team looked good. With this not even being the Core group, this team should end up in last place. Right?? Also think Solar red might suprise some teams.

4 players that basically left the gold team at the alter In academy. Thats who. as far as the record ? 8th seems doable. I doubt they end up in last. agree w/ the s/red assumption
plantit
plantit
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 9/19/2010, 5:22 pm

plantit wrote:

4 players that basically left the gold team at the alter In academy. Thats who. as far as the record ? 8th seems doable. I doubt they end up in last. agree w/ the s/red assumption

I may have to retract the only 1 more win this fall season for the boys in Gold. Saw them play a good Andromeda club yesterday and hold them to just 2. Andro should be a top five so if Gold can learn to put the ball in the net, they probably could give some of the other D1 teams a run for their money.

Solar Red when the head coach is there (missed first 15 minutes of the game yesterday when team went down 0-2) is totally a different group.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Rainy Equity 9/19/2010, 5:38 pm

what top teams did these players come from? 8th? Hmmm... Im thinking more like 7th or 6th... they can beat out FC blue and Texans. Cannot remember what FC Gold placed last year, but think 7th or 6th would be more reasonable...
Rainy Equity
Rainy Equity
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5