Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

FC Dallas 97 Gold??

+26
babyface
treefrog13
bootit
rdg
eco185
True10
go99
clueless
The German
OnTheSurface
Tequilapark
Turftoe96
ExclusiveMom
Ibra
plantit
uhoh
DownTown21
97keepermom
middlewing256
A2A1
chasematt
hoosier41
omega striker
randee42
mrclean
Rainy Equity
30 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Empty Re: FC Dallas 97 Gold??

Post by Turftoe96 6/29/2010, 8:13 am

middlewing256 wrote:all questions you can ask the coach if you can just wait one more day for him to get back, hes been out of town - will be back tomorrow! You can also call him on the phone - he is answering his phone calls.

That's a great idea! FCDallas has been very upfront and honest with the status of the two teams in the east so I'm sure you'll get all the information you need. FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_eek

Maybe you should sip that Kool-Aid rather than drinking the whole cup. The team will make and be a decent team but the communication coming from that area is less than stellar.

Turftoe96
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by ExclusiveMom 6/29/2010, 9:57 am

Well it seems this teams number one problem is communication. I have not seen more than twenty players other than when the other team was still here. They kept saying the players were out. We are two days from signing and I cannot believe the way this team has handle the situation. There has been no scrimmages to even evaluate our talent. No disrespect to the other parents and players, but some of the players on the team are D2 caliber.

Please stop with all the drama and sarcasm. This is a serious investment on our part for our son. Please stop sending private mails.

ExclusiveMom
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by Tequilapark 6/29/2010, 10:10 am

ExclusiveMom wrote:Well it seems this teams number one problem is communication. I have not seen more than twenty players other than when the other team was still here. They kept saying the players were out. We are two days from signing and I cannot believe the way this team has handle the situation. There has been no scrimmages to even evaluate our talent. No disrespect to the other parents and players, but some of the players on the team are D2 caliber.

Please stop with all the drama and sarcasm. This is a serious investment on our part for our son. Please stop sending private mails.
I thought Gold scrimmaged Sunday afternoon at PHP.
Tequilapark
Tequilapark
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by middlewing256 6/29/2010, 10:36 am

Turftoe96 wrote:
middlewing256 wrote:all questions you can ask the coach if you can just wait one more day for him to get back, hes been out of town - will be back tomorrow! You can also call him on the phone - he is answering his phone calls.

That's a great idea! FCDallas has been very upfront and honest with the status of the two teams in the east so I'm sure you'll get all the information you need. FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_eek

Maybe you should sip that Kool-Aid rather than drinking the whole cup. The team will make and be a decent team but the communication coming from that area is less than stellar.

The coach was very honest about where he would be going - his first son is going to college - if you need him he can be reached by cell (PM if needed) and other than that- he will be at practice tomorrow night!!!

middlewing256
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by chasematt 6/29/2010, 10:53 am

ExclusiveMom wrote:When we decided to commit to FC Dallas Gold we understood that the team would not have many changes. But now we realize that over eighty percent of the team left. Now those players have been replaced with D2 players from the other team. (No disrespect to those players). But this was not what we expected.

Our concern is why did so many players leave? Why is there so much drama? Why has the team’s webpage not been updated? How can the team bring new players without advertising? Why did the club move the other FC Dallas team?
Those "D2 players from the other team" compose aboutt 50% of the team if you count the 3 that were already there last season, 3 that are moving up this year and one who left for another D1 team and is now returning. The ones moving up this year were moiving up before the East team went away based on their talent and performance over the last few years.
If you are so concerned with the "D2" talent - you mentioned it in a later reply also - then I guess this team is beneath your superstar kid so take him to a better team and leave us to our mediocre team.
Oh and we did have a scrimmage Sunday and last Wednesday!
Just a hint for you and A2A1 since you both just joined this forum in the last 2 days - Telling people to end a discussion just gets you flamed in response it wont end the discussion. This is in the end a "discussion board" so telling people to quit discussing things counter productive. If you don't like what is being said - logoff.

BTW - congratulations to the interlopers who started this discussion simply to stir up crap with the gold team - you apparently have succeded... .

chasematt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 6/29/2010, 11:24 am

Never mind.
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by A2A1 6/29/2010, 12:34 pm

Why was there drama? Only those who generated it could say why. See also my post above.

Why did kids leave? For U14, roster size increases from 16 to 18, which opened up 2 spots on every team. So there was more opportunity for movement in the 97s than usual. This time of year, kids are always moving around, looking for something more competitive, less competitive, less fees, closer to home, different club, different coach, etc, etc. Everyone has their own reasons and it is impossible to generalize. And because the Gold team came in 8th place, it is probably true that some kids were looking for a "better" team .. whatever that means, with all of the teams changing.

Why was the webpage not updated? The open practice schedule was posted - not sure what updates you mean.

How can the team get new players? The webpage had the open practice schedule, and it was also posted on this website at least twice that I remember. There was a scrimmage on Sunday that I did not attend personally but I was told that there were several new faces out there. I think they're doing OK in this regard.

Why did the club move the other FCD team? Fill in your favorite conspiracy theory. See also my post above.

PS to Chasematt: I've got my flame proof shield on .. and I've been around the block a few times so I know when to ignore the haters .. just getting a little weary of so much hate focused so narrowly. You and I are on the same side anyway FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_cheers

A2A1
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by 97keepermom 6/29/2010, 12:38 pm

chasematt wrote:
ExclusiveMom wrote:When we decided to commit to FC Dallas Gold we understood that the team would not have many changes. But now we realize that over eighty percent of the team left. Now those players have been replaced with D2 players from the other team. (No disrespect to those players). But this was not what we expected.

Our concern is why did so many players leave? Why is there so much drama? Why has the team’s webpage not been updated? How can the team bring new players without advertising? Why did the club move the other FC Dallas team?
Those "D2 players from the other team" compose aboutt 50% of the team if you count the 3 that were already there last season, 3 that are moving up this year and one who left for another D1 team and is now returning. The ones moving up this year were moiving up before the East team went away based on their talent and performance over the last few years.
If you are so concerned with the "D2" talent - you mentioned it in a later reply also - then I guess this team is beneath your superstar kid so take him to a better team and leave us to our mediocre team.
Oh and we did have a scrimmage Sunday and last Wednesday!
Just a hint for you and A2A1 since you both just joined this forum in the last 2 days - Telling people to end a discussion just gets you flamed in response it wont end the discussion. This is in the end a "discussion board" so telling people to quit discussing things counter productive. If you don't like what is being said - logoff.

BTW - congratulations to the interlopers who started this discussion simply to stir up crap with the gold team - you apparently have succeded... .
Well said. And ALL of us on gold have a big commitment here both from a monetary aspect AND a time aspect. Believe me!! There were alot of kids at the Sunday scrimmage and they were quality players. I am confindent things are going to work out in the end.
And as for advertising that we needed players, didn't Randee very graciously do that for us many times on this forum?? BTW, A2 was on TM when it was all the rage. I guess it took a while to get over to this forum. Welcome A2!
97keepermom
97keepermom
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 6/29/2010, 3:58 pm

Thanks for the props KeeperMom but I have chosen to stay away from this forum and distance from the finger pointing. I find all the drama funny to begin with.

Really, how can someone try and break up a team by posting comments on a forum? If you like the team, then negative comments really don't matter unless they are attacking your child/player personally, which I have not seen done thus far anyways. I find it amusing how some are so offended by other peoples opinions, this is after all the place for those to be spoken. Really, does it matter what outsiders think of your team if you are happy? If not, then why get your proverbial panties in a wad?

Bottom line, it will all come down to play on the field. With all the new players, I do believe the team will struggle a bit in the Fall season just trying to mesh. Although, that goes for any team that tuns over their roster like this one did. I suspect for the Spring season the team will have a much better showing.

Good luck to all, as a former East parent, I hope the team and all the new players do well (except when they play our team).
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by middlewing256 6/30/2010, 2:37 am

randee - what team did you end up on? I know right before your team broke up you were emailing kids just out of the blue still under contract asking them to come to your team- kinda different......

middlewing256
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 6/30/2010, 9:32 am

middlewing256 wrote:randee - what team did you end up on? I know right before your team broke up you were emailing kids just out of the blue still under contract asking them to come to your team- kinda different......

Decided to go to Solar Red, probably the largest team in D1 now which was a bit surprising.

About emailing kids out of the blue, not a fair assumption. As the Manager for the East, was trying to generate interest in the team even though we were leaving. Only emailed a couple (mostly goalies) that I knew were local and could be an upgrade. I am sure I was the only one doing this in the league, right?
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 6/30/2010, 10:23 am

randee42 wrote:
middlewing256 wrote:randee - what team did you end up on? I know right before your team broke up you were emailing kids just out of the blue still under contract asking them to come to your team- kinda different......

Decided to go to Solar Red, probably the largest team in D1 now which was a bit surprising.

About emailing kids out of the blue, not a fair assumption. As the Manager for the East, was trying to generate interest in the team even though we were leaving. Only emailed a couple (mostly goalies) that I knew were local and could be an upgrade. I am sure I was the only one doing this in the league, right?
Absofreakinglutely. FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_lol Good luck with your new team.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 6/30/2010, 10:30 am

The German wrote:
randee42 wrote:

Absofreakinglutely. FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_lol Good luck with your new team.

Hey Axle, where did you guys end up? Hoping to see you on the sidelines this fall. Also, who you rooting for in the Germania/Argentina match?

lol!
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 6/30/2010, 11:26 am

randee42 wrote: Hey Axle, where did you guys end up? Hoping to see you on the sidelines this fall. Also, who you rooting for in the Germania/Argentina match?

lol!
My son ended up with TFC, nice drive 5 minutes from the house and he feels comfortable with coach and kids. My pick was Argentina to win it all but of course now I will scream for Germany.
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by hoosier41 7/1/2010, 11:47 am

This just in. Lebron D-Wade and Bosh want to get in on the drama and will be signing with FCD Gold tonight

hoosier41
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by chasematt 7/1/2010, 12:04 pm

hoosier41 wrote:This just in. Lebron D-Wade and Bosh want to get in on the drama and will be signing with FCD Gold tonight
Really I would have thought they would go to Andro since they have all that cash to throw around for signing bonuses. FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_cheers
Besides don't they know FCD Gold isn't going to make - everyone has said so FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
I did hear Dirk opted out of his contract so he could come sign with Gold...... FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Affraid

chasematt
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh 7/1/2010, 12:08 pm

Looking good for tonight! From not going to make to having about 21 quality players coming out for the party tonight! YEEHAAA!

uhoh
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by clueless 7/1/2010, 1:02 pm

chasematt wrote:
hoosier41 wrote:This just in. Lebron D-Wade and Bosh want to get in on the drama and will be signing with FCD Gold tonight
Really I would have thought they would go to Andro since they have all that cash to throw around for signing bonuses. FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_cheers
Besides don't they know FCD Gold isn't going to make - everyone has said so FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_rolleyes
I did hear Dirk opted out of his contract so he could come sign with Gold...... FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Affraid

Obviously Dirk will go to TFC - didn't you read the earlier post?

clueless
clueless
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 7/1/2010, 1:10 pm

well we know whoever takes dirk is guaranteed to lose when it counts
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 7/1/2010, 2:09 pm

clueless wrote:
chasematt wrote:

TG, Dirk is your son. FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_eek
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by The German 7/1/2010, 2:12 pm

True10 wrote:
clueless wrote:
chasematt wrote:

I have to see his mother first before I can answer. FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_basketball
The German
The German
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by True10 7/1/2010, 2:14 pm

The German wrote:
True10 wrote:
clueless wrote:
chasematt wrote:

I have to see his mother first before I can answer. FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_basketball
LMFAO FC Dallas 97 Gold?? - Page 2 Icon_lol
True10
True10
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by eco185 7/5/2010, 2:57 am

good luck 97 Gold! kick some ass in D1

eco185
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by uhoh 7/5/2010, 10:30 pm

With all the turn over in D1 from the top down. Top 6 finish spot is looking good for FCD Gold [img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_cheers.png[/img] . You have to beleive FCD Premier And Texans(?South?) will be 1 and 2 which order [img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_twisted.gif[/img] ??? Then you pick them Andro Red, Andro (Urem), Solar Red,FCD Blue and FCD Gold, FWFC, Texans (?Red west?)Solar (Gold/White) Hope Solar [img]https://2img.net/i/fa/i/smiles/icon_pale.gif[/img] save's face for this team ?

uhoh
TxSoccer Lurker
TxSoccer Lurker

Back to top Go down

Post by OnTheSurface 7/5/2010, 10:44 pm

There are only two D1 byes for Texans next year. DTRW and Tejanos were relegated to D2. FWFC and Solar White moved up to D1. Solar White's spot, as we now know, will be taken by Solar Gold.

Speaking of the DTRW team, we haven't heard much about them. I'm assuming that the team is still going to exist. Does anyone know who will coach it? Rumor is that Rodric Scott is going to coach the "second" Texans team (formerly known as DTR).
OnTheSurface
OnTheSurface
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by rdg 7/5/2010, 11:07 pm

OnTheSurface wrote:There are only two D1 byes for Texans next year. DTRW and Tejanos were relegated to D2. FWFC and Solar White moved up to D1. Solar White's spot, as we now know, will be taken by Solar Gold.

Speaking of the DTRW team, we haven't heard much about them. I'm assuming that the team is still going to exist. Does anyone know who will coach it? Rumor is that Rodric Scott is going to coach the "second" Texans team (formerly known as DTR).

DTRW will take the second D-1 spot. DTWW(Connell) moves up to take the spot that DTRW would have had in D-2. DT Red South (new team based in keller, mostly old FWU North Blue) will take DTWW (Connell)'s spot in D-3. Almost as confusing as what's going on at FC Dallas.
rdg
rdg
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next