Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Texas Soccer
Head over to txsoccer.net and set up a new account. This site is being retired, the boys forum will now be on txsoccer.net
Texas Soccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
2017/2018 Schedules/Standings

CCSAI Classic Leage

Classic League Field Maps and Status

PPL Schedules and Results

PPL Field Status and Field Maps

If you want your league schedule here PM me the link!
Latest topics
» Go to www.txsoccer.net
by Admin 5/18/2018, 9:24 am

» TxSoccer.Net
by Admin 5/10/2018, 8:05 pm

» DA tryouts/evaluations
by Ochocinco 5/10/2018, 6:48 pm

» TOURNAMENT: DALLAS OPEN May 25-28, 2018
by U90C 5/10/2018, 5:49 pm

» Looking for TEAMS!!!
by nxtgensoccercup 5/10/2018, 5:22 pm

» TEXAS JUNEFEST - U9, U10 (9v9), U11 AND U12 (11v11)
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:28 pm

» GERMAN INTERNATIONAL ID CAMP - EXPENSE PAID TRIP TO GERMANY
by musaisaya 5/10/2018, 3:22 pm

» DA/ECNL tryouts
by Maradona 5/10/2018, 3:02 pm

» 08 Boys Teams - PREMIER COPA (June 8-10)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 2:41 pm

» 05 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 11:55 am

» Dallas Texans 2007 South Boys Open Practices
by DT07SB 5/10/2018, 11:21 am

» 07 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:12 am

» U8 Boys Teams - DALLAS OPEN (May 25-28)
by U90C 5/10/2018, 9:09 am

» U14/04B Classic Teams in Plano?
by BlueJet 5/10/2018, 9:00 am

» Legal question
by mpcls55 5/10/2018, 7:39 am

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Be an Athletic Supporter!
Make your annual TxSoccer donation and get recognized

Refs 2.0 Pixel
If you have donated previously you'll get your 2nd annual tag!

I forgot my password

Refs 2.0

+15
SoccerXXX
omega striker
crazyET
OnTheSurface
allen04
bigtex75081
soccerman771
off_the_woodwork
go99
twotone
Soccerinsanity
randee42
finish1
my2cents
odie1993
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Refs 2.0 Empty Refs 2.0

Post by Guest 10/22/2012, 11:22 am

Once again the refs cannot get it right. I mean some of these guys have been at it for years and years and still suck. Classic keeps telling us the same ol crap, "our refs are certified and blah blah blah" I know people with Masters Degrees and are dumb as a post. Piece of paper means nothing. The other thing is that they spend more time worrying about parents instead of focusing on their job....Example. LR 15 yards from last defender, as a result two missed off sides calls. Luckily off side team did not score. CR ref told that LR not keeping to his line and what does CR do? Kicks out coach and parent. Like that somehow corrects the issue. Ref evaluator gets told of this and right away starts interrupting. No wonder nothing ever gets done. Parent and coach have to pay these crooks $50 a piece but does that correct the issue? Answer is NO.

Every year it's the same thing. Too many refs with thin skin, some can't even run anymore. For every good ref there are 6 bad ones. Word from the league is more freakin excuses and pointing of fingers to parents and bystanders. With all the money we pay these clowns you would think the product would be better.

Back to top Go down

Refs 2.0 Empty Re: Refs 2.0

Post by odie1993 10/22/2012, 11:32 am

there are classes all the time to become a certified ref and then you can become a great CR...

I am sure the parent deserved being booted out. as for the coach, he is responsible for his parents so if the parent is booted he gets booted to.

you should tell the parents on the team to just enjoy that their kids are doing what they love, playing (yes PLAYING) soccer.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/22/2012, 12:02 pm

He should probably start as an LR, not sure how to get certified for that. He may have to start as an AR as there must be a shortage since there were none and had to use LRs instead. Rolling Eyes

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/22/2012, 1:08 pm

odie1993 wrote:there are classes all the time to become a certified ref and then you can become a great CR...

I am sure the parent deserved being booted out. as for the coach, he is responsible for his parents so if the parent is booted he gets booted to.

you should tell the parents on the team to just enjoy that their kids are doing what they love, playing (yes PLAYING) soccer.

Great answer, of course that does not rectify the issue. The issue is the refs not doing their job.

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 10/22/2012, 1:09 pm

Riquelme wrote:
odie1993 wrote:there are classes all the time to become a certified ref and then you can become a great CR...

Great answer, of course that does not rectify the issue. The issue is the refs not doing their job.

it sounds like they kicked the coach and parent out. that is doing their job.
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/22/2012, 1:37 pm

odie1993 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

Ok. Obviously a ref fan here or you dont know how to read or maybe youre stupid. Riquelme OUT!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/22/2012, 1:41 pm

Riquelme wrote:
odie1993 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

Ok. Obviously a ref fan here or you dont know how to read or maybe youre stupid. Riquelme OUT!

Not a ref fan but congrats to the ref. so tired of seeing and hearing overweight dads who think they are gods gift to soccer reffing. Shut the h up and let the kids play.

Back to top Go down

Post by odie1993 10/22/2012, 1:53 pm

Riquelme wrote:
odie1993 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

I am indifferent to refs. as long as they are consistent (bad or good), that is all I desire when I am playing, coaching or parenting.

as your message stated the parent and coach were kicked out. not sure how i misread that. clearly you are not getting the feedback you were hoping for when you launched this trolling thread. so you resort to name calling and packing up your toys and going home.

very mature...
odie1993
odie1993
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by finish1 10/22/2012, 2:15 pm

Dang, RQ. Harsh words for the refs. I believe the correct terminology is AR. Your thread comes accross as a frustrated parent who had high hopes in D1 at the start of the season, but now is facing the reality of mediocre results. The air is cooler, but the sideline temps are rising...

finish1
finish1
TxSoccer Sponsor
TxSoccer Sponsor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/22/2012, 2:47 pm

finish1 wrote:Dang, RQ. Harsh words for the refs. I believe the correct terminology is AR. Your thread comes accross as a frustrated parent who had high hopes in D1 at the start of the season, but now is facing the reality of mediocre results. The air is cooler, but the sideline temps are rising...

No Finish, honestly it's about the refs. How can a LR be 15 yards away from the last defender and be expected to see if a player is off sides? And the LR was young and he couldnt keep up? As far as expectations mine are fine. My BB is playing well and improving which is all I want. I'm just frustrated with the ineptitude of these refs and the excuses the league makes for them...........................Odie the only reason I said that to you is because you are commenting off subject. The issue I brought up is refs not doing their job. You come up with a smart a*& response.

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 10/22/2012, 3:41 pm

Riquelme wrote:
finish1 wrote:Dang, RQ. Harsh words for the refs. I believe the correct terminology is AR. Your thread comes accross as a frustrated parent who had high hopes in D1 at the start of the season, but now is facing the reality of mediocre results. The air is cooler, but the sideline temps are rising...

No Finish, honestly it's about the refs. How can a LR be 15 yards away from the last defender and be expected to see if a player is off sides? And the LR was young and he couldnt keep up? As far as expectations mine are fine. My BB is playing well and improving which is all I want. I'm just frustrated with the ineptitude of these refs and the excuses the league makes for them...........................Odie the only reason I said that to you is because you are commenting off subject. The issue I brought up is refs not doing their job. You come up with a smart a*& response.

No one hardly ever complains when their team wins. My guess is that your son's team did not win - U14 and under I bet too since you hardly see the older kids parents on these kind of rants. How many goals did the Ref kick in the net for the other team? My guess is that your team blew it and the Ref probably missed a few calls which exasperated the problem.

Want better Ref's, pay more for the classic league fees. More money means more Accessors, more Refs to pull from, more people wanting to be Ref's, etc.... Hard to get paid to stand on the line next to parents and coaches and get around $30 for 2 hours worth of work to get yelled out, called dumb (best case scenario), etc... You wonder why some Ref's have a short fuse - they do not get compensated enough to be tolerant of what the Ref's call "Rec Parents". It really is easy to sit in a chair or stand and watch the entire time and judge the performance of everyone you see. I am betting it was not a pleasant ride home for your son in the car either.

How about you volunteer the name and location of where you work and a group of us show up and watch you for 2 hours and offer "constructive" criticism of your performance as well as how you interact with others. Then when we are done verbally assaulting you, call you out (somewhat anonymously) in a post but be vague enough with the details to where the entire post is so subjective to the point of being totally useless.

To be fair, please list how many shots on goal your team totally missed, corners that did not even go come close, shots allowed on your own net, poor passes, bad thrown ins, etc.. When you provide that, we can get a better picture of the entire game and judge fairly. This is of course after you provide the details of where your work for your personal assessment to be completed.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/22/2012, 4:30 pm

randee42 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

No one hardly ever complains when their team wins. My guess is that your son's team did not win - U14 and under I bet too since you hardly see the older kids parents on these kind of rants. How many goals did the Ref kick in the net for the other team? My guess is that your team blew it and the Ref probably missed a few calls which exasperated the problem.

Want better Ref's, pay more for the classic league fees. More money means more Accessors, more Refs to pull from, more people wanting to be Ref's, etc.... Hard to get paid to stand on the line next to parents and coaches and get around $30 for 2 hours worth of work to get yelled out, called dumb (best case scenario), etc... You wonder why some Ref's have a short fuse - they do not get compensated enough to be tolerant of what the Ref's call "Rec Parents". It really is easy to sit in a chair or stand and watch the entire time and judge the performance of everyone you see. I am betting it was not a pleasant ride home for your son in the car either.

How about you volunteer the name and location of where you work and a group of us show up and watch you for 2 hours and offer "constructive" criticism of your performance as well as how you interact with others. Then when we are done verbally assaulting you, call you out (somewhat anonymously) in a post but be vague enough with the details to where the entire post is so subjective to the point of being totally useless.

To be fair, please list how many shots on goal your team totally missed, corners that did not even go come close, shots allowed on your own net, poor passes, bad thrown ins, etc.. When you provide that, we can get a better picture of the entire game and judge fairly. This is of course after you provide the details of where your work for your personal assessment to be completed.

You just wrote a book and still failed to address the issue I brought up. You must be a ref or a league rep. Answer the question. How can a LR be 15 yards away from the last defender and be able to see if a player is off sides. Second dont talk about my son. We left with no problem at all, like I said he played well and has improved and I am proud of him. This rant of yours is typical. No one says the refs job is not hard but the bottom line that as long as golks like you are around to make excuses for their ineptitide there will never be improvement. And as far as my job, well let's just say if I did not do my job well I would be be fired and no group of defenders could save me. As it is I AM good at my job hence I still have it. Maybe you can write another book and actually answer the question I posed.

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/22/2012, 4:33 pm

Riquelme wrote:
randee42 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

You just wrote a book and still failed to address the issue I brought up. You must be a ref or a league rep. Answer the question. How can a LR be 15 yards away from the last defender and be able to see if a player is off sides. Second dont talk about my son. We left with no problem at all, like I said he played well and has improved and I am proud of him. This rant of yours is typical. No one says the refs job is not hard but the bottom line that as long as golks like you are around to make excuses for their ineptitide there will never be improvement. And as far as my job, well let's just say if I did not do my job well I would be be fired and no group of defenders could save me. As it is I AM good at my job hence I still have it. Maybe you can write another book and actually answer the question I posed.

How far away were you when you determined it was not offside. Were you running up and down the sideline to make sure you were in position to judge the call? These players are very fast. It is tough for even the fit to keep up.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/22/2012, 4:37 pm

my2cents wrote:
Riquelme wrote:
randee42 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

How far away were you when you determined it was not offside. Were you running up and down the sideline to make sure you were in position to judge the call? These players are very fast. It is tough for even the fit to keep up.

Good point. I am not fast my friend but I was fortunate to be on the line of the last defender and the player was 2 feet off sides. They did not score but that is not the point. The point is (once again) why is the LR 15 yards away from where he is supposed to be. How much more clear can I be?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/22/2012, 5:00 pm

Riquelme wrote:
my2cents wrote:
Riquelme wrote:
randee42 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

Good point. I am not fast my friend but I was fortunate to be on the line of the last defender and the player was 2 feet off sides. They did not score but that is not the point. The point is (once again) why is the LR 15 yards away from where he is supposed to be. How much more clear can I be?

This thread serves one purpose my friends it shows the great divide between defenders of the current system and those of us who see problems. It shows that as long as both sides continue to blame the other side true progress will never arise. Sad because their are many good things about this whole soccer thing of ours. I agree that some parents go overboard but the defenders of the empire also go overboard.

I like alot of refs and actually take time out to go and tell them that they did a great job. The one thing those refs have in common is that they respect the parents, coaches and managers and in turn earn respect back. The ones who talk down to us do not gain our respect. It is a work in progress I guess, just like every person is not perfect. We are all a work in progress. No hard feelings my brotha's.

Back to top Go down

Post by my2cents 10/22/2012, 5:09 pm

Not defending the status quo at all. If the AR was constantly out of position then the coach should fill out the ref assessment that is available. If it was on that one play maybe he got caught ball watching, maybe there was some foul play elswhere off the ball he was watching or... he made a mistake. Most coaches do not take the time to fill out the review form, good or bad. That is the beginning and largest part of the problem right there.

my2cents
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/22/2012, 5:14 pm

my2cents wrote:Not defending the status quo at all. If the AR was constantly out of position then the coach should fill out the ref assessment that is available. If it was on that one play maybe he got caught ball watching, maybe there was some foul play elswhere off the ball he was watching or... he made a mistake. Most coaches do not take the time to fill out the review form, good or bad. That is the beginning and largest part of the problem right there.

I agree with that for sure. Alot of coaches dont even know those forms exist or at least claim not to know. There is a reason no one fills those things out. They feel (right or wrong) that nothing will come of it. Too many other factors come into play like the fact the league gave the refs more power to punsih parents and coaches. Why would anyone feel they will get a fair shake. Just stating the obvious, like I said people feel that way (right or wrong). And I know refs miss calls but when someone tells them the issue they dont all listen they just get mad that someone is saying something at all.

I have faith it will get better. By the way the nachos are still great!

Back to top Go down

Post by randee42 10/22/2012, 5:34 pm

Riquelme wrote:
randee42 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

Everyone thinks they do a great job until they get Assessed and I am betting that grammer and english are not a "hard" requirement in your work. That said, yes I am a Ref but I hate reffing so I do not do it often if at all unless they really need someone. I am also a U17 parent of a D1 Classic League top 2 team so I see both sides. When it comes to any job, like I said there are mistakes. Not sure what "golks" are - looked it up but could not find it anywhere so I cannot attest if I am one or not.

My answer to your original question is maybe: "Parent and coach have to pay these crooks $50 a piece but does that correct the issue?" but you already answered it yourself. Besides Riquelme, based on your 3rd post - thought you were "Out".

Whole point is my "real" role is more about not pointing fingers. If something bothers you, do something about it constructive and at least be articulate about it to gain favor for your opinion.
randee42
randee42
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 10/22/2012, 5:40 pm

randee42 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:
randee42 wrote:
Riquelme wrote:

No Finish, honestly it's about the refs. How can a LR be 15 yards away from the last defender and be expected to see if a play

er is off sides? And the LR was young and he couldnt keep up? As far as expectations mine are fine. My BB is playing well and improving which is all I want. I'm just frustrated with the ineptitude of these refs and the excuses the league makes for them...........................Odie the only reason I said that to you is because you are commenting off subject. The issue I brought up is refs not doing their job. You come up with a smart a*& response.

Everyone thinks they do a great job until they get Assessed and I am betting that grammer and english are not a "hard" requirement in your work. That said, yes I am a Ref but I hate reffing so I do not do it often if at all unless they really need someone. I am also a U17 parent of a D1 Classic League top 2 team so I see both sides. When it comes to any job, like I said there are mistakes. Not sure what "golks" are - looked it up but could not find it anywhere so I cannot attest if I am one or not.

My answer to your original question is maybe: "Parent and coach have to pay these crooks $50 a piece but does that correct the issue?" but you already answered it yourself. Besides Riquelme, based on your 3rd post - thought you were "Out".

Whole point is my "real" role is more about not pointing fingers. If something bothers you, do something about it constructive and at least be articulate about it to gain favor for your opinion.

So you take a personal attack approach. First off I would love to sit down and have beer with you and discuss it. Bet you would not try and insult me then. Piece out tough guy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soccerinsanity 10/22/2012, 6:59 pm

randee...Someone who writes "Accessors" should not accuse others of not speaking English.
Soccerinsanity
Soccerinsanity
TxSoccer Addict
TxSoccer Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by twotone 10/22/2012, 11:28 pm

don't most parents on the sidelines see it from 15 yards our of position? maybe the LR/AR was trying to get the parental point of view for better understanding. you should've offered him a seat in the bag chair, a bucket hat, and some sunglasses too. don't leave out the 44 oz Sonic drink in the cupholder too.....then we can give him an anonymous screen name and let him post about his own performance during the game. now that would be a trip.

twotone
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by go99 10/23/2012, 7:26 am

our game the ref lost track of the last defender. He was on the back line, unfortunately the team was using another defender who played behind the back line. It happens, it sucks, but play better and you win.
go99
go99
TxSoccer Wise Man
TxSoccer Wise Man

Location : The Ahole TXsoccer deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So they will hate me. Because I can take it. Because I'm not their hero. I'm a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight

Back to top Go down

Post by off_the_woodwork 10/23/2012, 8:09 am

twotone wrote:don't most parents on the sidelines see it from 15 yards our of position? maybe the LR/AR was trying to get the parental point of view for better understanding. you should've offered him a seat in the bag chair, a bucket hat, and some sunglasses too. don't leave out the 44 oz Sonic drink in the cupholder too.....then we can give him an anonymous screen name and let him post about his own performance during the game. now that would be a trip.

Not sure about the rest of you but I can see offsides from the comfort of my chair 60 yards away at a 60 degree angle to the play. Just ask my wife.

off_the_woodwork
TxSoccer Postmaster
TxSoccer Postmaster

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerman771 10/23/2012, 8:15 am

What is an LR?????

No excuse for being 15 yards off from 2LD. NONE.

However, how many of you will let the coach slide for not realizing this and not adjusting the defense? If they aren't going to get the offside call, then adjust the D.

BTW, I'm not making an excuse for the ref, I am one as well. I'm just saying that any D1 coach should be able to see this and adjust their team. Parents yelling at the AR does zero good to remedy the situation.

Team manager should find a field marshal who then gets someone from the league over to watch the AR. Do something constructive.

soccerman771
TxSoccer Poster
TxSoccer Poster

Back to top Go down

Post by bigtex75081 10/23/2012, 8:25 am

soccerman771 wrote:What is an LR?????

No excuse for being 15 yards off from 2LD. NONE.

However, how many of you will let the coach slide for not realizing this and not adjusting the defense? If they aren't going to get the offside call, then adjust the D.

BTW, I'm not making an excuse for the ref, I am one as well. I'm just saying that any D1 coach should be able to see this and adjust their team. Parents yelling at the AR does zero good to remedy the situation.

Team manager should find a field marshal who then gets someone from the league over to watch the AR. Do something constructive.
No thanks... It's much easier for a couple dads (6'4" & 250lbs each) to stand there and yell at a 14 year old kid (5'2" & 85lbs) that's compelled to keep his/her back to them. Somebody has to teach that kid about respect, right? Somebody has to teach that kid about focusing on their job, right?
bigtex75081
bigtex75081
TxSoccer Author
TxSoccer Author

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next